Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Caught Giratina at level 6 ! YAY ! And he's VERY strong, especially against himself ! he does around 720 dmg when the ability triggers ! xD
I'm just farming that giratina level even if it's useless (it enables me to train him)

Day (level) 15: Still no sign of capture in sight. I grow hungry, as the intensity of the disruptions in my belly increases. Before, I felt discomfort 33% of the time. Now it feels more like 50%, I can still function rather well, though I feel like sooner or later my stomach disruptions will get the better of me and I will need to seek remedies to my ailments.

Edit: Day 16 feels much the same. I'm not sure how long my sanity will last under these conditions.

Edit: Day 17 resulted in a capture. I now have all the tools I need to survive the remaining 33 days.

Last edited:
Congratz :D

Did you use your Méga-Turbo (it's the french word, I don't know if it's the same for you in English, the new item candy). On which Mega Pokemon ? :)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Level 14 got it. Used mega candy on Sableye because fuck getting gengar. I'll use the mega candy from gyrating when I get it on lucario later on c:

Congratz :D

Did you use your Méga-Turbo (it's the french word, I don't know if it's the same for you in English, the new item candy). On which Mega Pokemon ? :)
Thanks for the congrats. :3 I'm saving my Mega Speed Up for later. I'm tempted to use it on Banette (to make it more viable especially on weekend Meowth) or Mawile (because I really, really like Mawile's Mega ability and... I really, really like Mawile), but so far I haven't felt the need to use it for the Escalation stages. Banette Mega evolves in 5-6 turns, and then the remainder of Giratina's health snowballs.

Fluke: The Mega Speed Ups are those Rare Candy icons. You'll see them in the team-building screen in the top right. If you drag one over a Pokemon whose Mega form has been unlocked, it will permanently reduce the amount of matches required to Mega Evolve that Pokemon. Be wary, as there's no confirmation check when you do this, so the item will get used instantly. People at gamefaqs speculate (but will probably confirm before the week is done) that each Speed Up use reduces the required matches of a Pokemon by one. The amount of Speed Ups that can be used on a Mega seem to differ between Megas. For instance, Gengar can only use 1, Lucario can use 4, and so on.

Edit: As of level 23, disruption rate remains the same as after level 10. Awaiting level 24.

2nd Edit: There are people who've cleared past 50 and there is even someone who has gone past 100. After level 100, you get another Mega Speedup, so there are at least 3 that are potentially available right now. The question people are asking now, is whether the Escalation stage will give speedups every 50 levels or if the amount doubles each time.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the congrats. :3 I'm saving my Mega Speed Up for later. I'm tempted to use it on Banette (to make it more viable especially on weekend Meowth) or Mawile (because I really, really like Mawile's Mega ability and... I really, really like Mawile), but so far I haven't felt the need to use it for the Escalation stages. Banette Mega evolves in 5-6 turns, and then the remainder of Giratina's health snowballs.

Fluke: The Mega Speed Ups are those Rare Candy icons. You'll see them in the team-building screen in the top right. If you drag one over a Pokemon whose Mega form has been unlocked, it will permanently reduce the amount of matches required to Mega Evolve that Pokemon. Be wary, as there's no confirmation check when you do this, so the item will get used instantly. People at gamefaqs speculate (but will probably confirm before the week is done) that each Speed Up use reduces the required matches of a Pokemon by one. The amount of Speed Ups that can be used on a Mega seem to differ between Megas. For instance, Gengar can only use 1, Lucario can use 4, and so on.

Edit: As of level 20, disruption rate remains the same as after level 10. Awaiting level 21.

2nd Edit: There are people who've cleared past 50 and there is even someone who has gone past 100. After level 100, you get another Mega Speedup, so there are at least 3 that are potentially available right now. The question people are asking now, is whether the Escalation stage will give speedups every 50 levels or if the amount doubles each time.
Have they mentioned anything about the difficulty at levels 50-100 compared to the beginning of the event?

Nothing about the difficulty past 50, but people who have gotten at least that far said they were barely tempted to use items around 50.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I just checked on serebii forums and it has been reported that at some point past 50 Giratina starts spawning the 3 types of block disruption. Might just not be that easy to get that second candy lol

I just checked on serebii forums and it has been reported that at some point past 50 Giratina starts spawning the 3 types of block disruption. Might just not be that easy to get that second candy lol
I just checked, and I already have one candy. How did I get it?

Tip for anyone trying to Grind Giratina's battle.

He introduces Barriers/Ice at level 30. If you've caught Giratina, I've seen recommendations to swap your Mega to Banette if you're using Giratina since you have a near full Ghost Party and Banette's removal can help clear Ice disruptions.

He introduces Barriers/Ice at level 30. If you've caught Giratina, I've seen recommendations to swap your Mega to Banette if you're using Giratina since you have a near full Ghost Party and Banette's removal can help clear Ice disruptions.
Gee, if only mega Bannette is available to the general public..

Suppose players missed the event or just sucked at the competitive stages?

Are there any tips for what I should use on the Mega Gengar stage? I finally caught Giratina, but I still can't defeat it.
Only recommendation (assuming no Banette) is Haunter, since it matches Mega Gengar's disruption and won't complicate the board any more. Might even help break some of the ice barriers.

Thanks for the tip. Definitely helps out. As soon as you get that Banette to mega evolve, Giratina is done for. Now at level 38, and it's getting harder and harder. Without Mega Banette I wouldn't have come this far.

Only recommendation (assuming no Banette) is Haunter, since it matches Mega Gengar's disruption and won't complicate the board any more. Might even help break some of the ice barriers.
Okay, i'll try that! I finally got past Mega Glaile after a few months, and then I get stuck again of course.

Just cleared level 40. It is entirely different from anything the first 39 levels have prepared you for, and for this reason I barely managed to clear it with 1 move remaining. For the first 8 turns or so there will be no disruptions, but every column except for the center two will be encased in barriers (ice). As you clear blocks in the center two columns, a full column's worth of rocks will fall from the center left column. Once you clear those, the center is clear. Clearing the barriers on the two right-side columns has no disruption skyfall; however, the two columns on the far left, once cleared will each drop a full column's worth of blocks (steel). After the first 8 turns, Giratina will begin casting disruptions every 3 turns, where an entire column will become covered by barriers. I am seriously debating switching out M-Banette for M-Gengar from here on in or replacing Yveltal either with regular Gengar or Absol.

This is the home stretch, folks. Do not falter, but be prepared.

Edit: Level 41 went much better. No changes to team, 7 turns remaining, no items. I just rearranged what I focused on this time instead.

2nd Edit: Level 42 introduces a sort of reverse-Weekend Meowth mechanic. Before the timed disruptions, any time that you fail to generate at least a 2-hit combo, Giratina will place 1-2 random barriers on the board. Finished with 5 moves remaining because I was caught off-guard by the combo-based disruptions early on.

3rd Edit: The disruptions before 10 moves remaining are definitely combo-based. I cleared level 43 with 8 moves remaining, and did not trigger the random disruptions once. Every match I made resulted in moderate to heavy combos.

4th Edit: Always, always, go for the combo. I saw a juicy Giratina proc opportunity and figured I'd just make up the difference later on while I was doing level 46. Not only did this cause two random barriers to form, but because of my choice I had difficulty finding several other combos on a couple turns, which made even more barriers appear. Not only that, but by the time the timed barrier columns started forming, I still had one rock on the screen and Banette had not Mega evolved yet. It ended up setting me back by 5 turns and I almost lost with only 2 moves remaining. ALWAYS go for the combo. Even if you have a Power of 4+ opportunity, or a Mega Boost opportunity, the combo will save your life.

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I just got past level 30 and the ice disruptions are getting annoying. Still haven't had to play any level more than once so far but I'm gonna keep trying with M-Banette instead of Gengar from now on.

Should mention, I don't find Banette too worth using so far, having played pre-Level 30 Ice stages only thus far. Gengar's effect is overall a bit more worthwhile when the disruptions are only rocks, even with Giratina itself on my team.

Considering stopping for a bit to grind Giratina before the health numbers get ridiculous, considering how fast its Power of 4+ multiplier takes the extra power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)