Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I believe it's a bonus for buying any jewel pack for a limited amount of time. I read something on serebii about it.
I read the same thing, but it's limited to japan AFAIK

In other news I did better than I expected on the Giratina stages. I got as far as 50 with only 2 losses after 30 and 3 losses ovel. And people say Mega-Banette was needed, bah

Last edited:
So, I just hit Giratina Level 50, and while not quite as nuts as I expected, success seems based almost entirely on how quickly your mon can Mega, since between the Shaymin and barriers (no rocks/blocks though) you need to keep the field as clear as possible.

I'll probably use a Mega Start and Moves +5 for this level for the Candy, and then go back to the main levels. Need to train Conkeldurr for Snorlax and figure out how to approach and S Rank Tyranitar.

Edit: Alright, I just noticed Conkeldurr at Level 2 has 73 instead of 72 strength. Do other mons get odd strength growths, or was this just me not paying attention to the Base 70 growth rate?

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
So, I just hit Giratina Level 50, and while not quite as nuts as I expected, success seems based almost entirely on how quickly your mon can Mega, since between the Shaymin and barriers (no rocks/blocks though) you need to keep the field as clear as possible.

I'll probably use a Mega Start and Moves +5 for this level for the Candy, and then go back to the main levels. Need to train Conkeldurr for Snorlax and figure out how to approach and S Rank Tyranitar.

Edit: Alright, I just noticed Conkeldurr at Level 2 has 73 instead of 72 strength. Do other mons get odd strength growths, or was this just me not paying attention to the Base 70 growth rate?
Every single pokemon in the game grows like that.
Lvl1: Base Strenght
Lvl2: +3
Lvl3: +3
Lvl4: +2
Lvl5: +2 (+10 total so far)
Lvl6: +2
Lvl7: +2
Lvl8: +2
Lvl9: +2
Lvl10: +2 (+20 total)

This happens because the initial level 1 has no boost at all so the first 2 level ups make up for that.

Alright, guess I got excited for nothing.

On another note, anyone pin down S Rank teams/strategies for the new mons yet? I found one for Tangrowth that at most requires Moves +5, depending on team's level and how lucky you get with combos).

Take the mon 2nd column top icon to the 4th column where it will make a match in both places. The resulting collapse ensures Tangrowth will turn the blocks to more Tangrowth with a disruption, which removes all of them from the board to play normally. You NEED Tangrowth's disruption to open up the board.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
What's a good setup to beat doublade? Can't keep a stream of constant damage with all the disruption.

The only way to S rank Tranitar is to "SPEND ALL THE COINS" I couldn't even get S rank with max level lucario, sceptile, groudon, and kyogre with a mega start, disruption delay, and +5 moves. FML.

The only way to S rank Tranitar is to "SPEND ALL THE COINS" I couldn't even get S rank with max level lucario, sceptile, groudon, and kyogre with a mega start, disruption delay, and +5 moves. FML.
Glad I saved my free C-1. Might try replacing Groudon with Chesnaught for more consistent match damage.

I've seen tips not to use Disruption Delay and try Aerodactyl, since he feeds off those blocks for damage. Regardless, I'm leaving Tyranitar as my last S Rank.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I know I'm late to the party, but I finally picked up Shuffle after a little hiatus to begin the Giratina grind.

...ended up catching the little bugger on level 2 with a Poke Ball. ._.

I know I'm late to the party, but I finally picked up Shuffle after a little hiatus to begin the Giratina grind.

...ended up catching the little bugger on level 2 with a Poke Ball. ._.
Sweet, you can throw Satan Centipede on your team to get the rest of the rewards. And there's finally two other ghosts for a decent Banette squad.

I finish all new normal lvl .. I caught some of them (especially Tyranitar), but no S-ranks.
I finished level 50 Giratina (and I won't try next 50 levels)

Now back to farming some gold (and train Giratina/Victini/Tyranitar) and I need to get some S-ranks to get the 3 Kalos final evolutions !

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Any tips for the conkeldurr stage? I think I beat it once due to a lot of luck with 0 moves left but now I can't beat it again.

Any tips for the conkeldurr stage? I think I beat it once due to a lot of luck with 0 moves left but now I can't beat it again.
Just to beat it? I just loaded up on Psychics and Xerneas with Mewtwo for my mega. I've heard Slowbro might work depending on how fast you Mega him, but Mewtwo seems better for such a scattered board.

Also, someone claimed EX ranks were being counted somewhere. Can anyone confirm if this is true, and if so if it affects unlocking new stages? I only just unlocked Chesnaught, and Mega Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Steelix, and most of the new stages are standing between me and the rest.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
While surfing on reddit I came across a really interesting post on miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhmN-l1vQ

Apparently if you match your pokemon in a specific way you can trigger abilities twice per move and even have megas clear themselves in cross-matches rather than leaving 2 untouched.
This should be taken into account when triggering abilities such as crow control which should sky-rocket for insane amounts of damage.

Apparently if you match your pokemon in a specific way you can trigger abilities twice per move and even have megas clear themselves in cross-matches rather than leaving 2 untouched.
This should be taken into account when triggering abilities such as crow control which should sky-rocket for insane amounts of damage.
I noticed that when I was playing Mega-gengar and more recently, mega Ampheros

Could someone explain this in others words ? It doesn't seem clear to me
Okay there are times whee you can 2 different sets of pokemon. Occassionaly these two would intersect (due to being the same pokemon), right no, this means that if the conditions for its effect are met, it ability could active once per match in the same turn, since there are two simultaneous matches, that means it could activate twice.

Mega Evolutions have an additional effect that always activates when they matches (as opposed to some other effects which need a quota of 4) if 2 simultanious matches are both of a pokemon that can mega evolve AND with the mega gauge almost filled (example being Gengar), then the chain goes in sequence, first with the mach that fills the mega gauge, enabling it to mega evolve, then with the other match, triggering its mega effect.

As an example to illustrate I'll present a scenario. You bring Gengar to a stage as the Mgea, the Mega Gauge is filled and there's one piece with a gengar ona ll adjacent sides. If you move another Gengar to that piece and swap them, then there would be two Genagr maches (the center counting for both) one Mega evolves, and the subsequent match triggers the effect, clearing the board of all other Gengar pieces.

tl:dr, the matches work in sequence, and the same piece can be used for intersecting matches.

I finish all new normal lvl .. I caught some of them (especially Tyranitar), but no S-ranks.
I finished level 50 Giratina (and I won't try next 50 levels)

Now back to farming some gold (and train Giratina/Victini/Tyranitar) and I need to get some S-ranks to get the 3 Kalos final evolutions !
Any tips on level 50 Giratina? I can't beat it, and I don't want to buy items when it's unnecessary. What was your team?

Finally defeated Mega Gengar using a Moves +5, Disruption Delay, and the Mega Start from Giratina. Used the jewel right away to get more coins to recover.

Any tips on level 50 Giratina? I can't beat it, and I don't want to buy items when it's unnecessary. What was your team?

IIRC, it was MegaGar Yveltal Giratina Zoroark. Mega Banette wasn't enough, it was better with MegaGar who's better in this level I think

Banette can be considered as an alternative to Gengar only if you want to use Mega Start. It takes forever to evolve

Currently on Giratina lv. 73. It will take a lot of effort to get that second Mega Speedup before the event expires.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Do people really want that lvl 100 mega speed up that badly?
I honestly believe you'll end up spending a lot less coins by paying for a mega start or another useful item to get S-ranks and high scores in competitions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)