Nickname discussion

I like to give my Pokemon serious nicknames. The only exception to this rule was Landorus (Landoge, so original amirite), because I couldn't think of anything.

I think I'm going to name my newly evolved Vivillion Pavillion, unless someone can think of something better. I would name him Vivi is he was a she. At least I think he's male.

I don't know what I'm going to name my Pancham.

I look forward to naming my Aron Freight Train once she evolves, since Aggron's cry has always reminded me of one.

I came up with an amazing nickname for Reuniclus:
Tom Baker

Would you like a jelly baby?

Another nickname I came up with recently is Kuusou the Hydreigon. It is in reference to the original opening song for Future Diary, called "Kuusou Mesorogiwi". In the chorus, you hear "Eins, Zwei, Drei", which is German for "one, two, three". The names of the Hydreigon line has those words in there, equivalent to the number of heads that evolution has.

Also, all shall fear Phil the Rhyperior!

Last edited:
Well, I picked these names a while back, and I've stuck to them ever since. I really do like them though.
Tyranitar-Spikey jr,Braviary-'Murica., Sceptile- Trik, Aegislash-Aegis, Manaphy-Mana, Mightyena-Pucci

I'm really unoriginal at nicknames.
Swampert: Swampy
Manectric: Zapper
Masquerain: Bugsy
Mightyena: Snappy
Latios: left it as is, I usually do that with legendaries
Crobat: Zippy.

I really need to go to the Name Rater and change some of these. Suggestions?

Well, my AS team was definitely similar. The ones I remember in order are,

Swampert: Sir Swamp
Mightyena: Glorious
Manetric: Buzzkill

Feel free to use any of those.

I'm unoriginal with nicknames aswell and so usually use a reference to something. Yet reading your post I immediately decided I want to nickname a Masquerain Majora.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
More mons hatched/SRed, thus more names to share:

Babylon, Serperior: Hanging gardens reference and fits the regal feel.
Deliverance, Tepig: Explaining this is kind of tricky.
Monet, Ludicolo: Reference to French impressionist painter Monet, who was known for lillypad paintings.
Dali, Dialga: Reference to melting clocks.
Tiamat, Lugia: Reference to Enuma Elish.
Business, Bisharp: This is one mon I can see being able to pull off wearing a tie.

Er. Actually in my last ORAS run I also called my Swampert Swampy. In gen 4 I toyed with Limus, but it didn't stick (there's a linguistic irony there), so I went with what I'd call it in real life, I.e. Swampert, which would then become a diminutive. It could be worse.

The same run had Eddie the Spiritomb (based on Eddy, a swirl in fluid dynamics), Harley the Gogoat (Motorbike) and Cash the Ampharos (after Cashmere, but retroactively became a Johnny Cash reference) so I felt I'd made up the difference with those.

I like to give my starters names like a knight, or something comical, and occasionally I accidentally add another meaning.

Mr. Bubbles the Greninja, that was so fitting when it was still Froakie/Frogadier and I find it menacing now.
Chesknight the Chesnaught, a knight, and chess. Pretty obvious.
Sir Swamp the Swampert, another knight. You all love the name Swampy don't you? =P
Oak the Torterra, originally it was just a tree, but I think now it can be like Professor Oak, as turtles can be wise in some stories.
Billy Blaze the Blaziken is what my brother named his Blaziken, it's a pretty fun name and I like it quite a lot.

Why didn't you name it Joey? I mean, it's in the top percentage.
Oh, should I go back and do that with one of my Rattis? I honestly didn't think of that.

I had to think of a name for my beloved Totodile before he evolved, so I went with "Toto", after my beloved Feraligatr from Crystal (who is no longer among us). I didn't want an aggressive sounding name, so I passed on "Lockjaw", "Maw", "Riptide", and "Deathroll".

I named my 6IV Rattata Oh Rats! and shiny Rattata Ratatouille, even though I never saw the movie, but I figured it was better than "Blue Eyes". I'm unoriginal as heck.
Ratatouille is also disgusting, a name befitting of a bilge rat 9.9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)