Cofagrigus / Steelix
Delcatty / Wailord
( ;) )

Tyranitar / Rhyperior
Gyarados / Garchomp
Muk / Gastrodon
Tyranitar / Garchomp
Dragonite / Swampert

Ffs why do you people want delcatty / wailord? It's a worn out and unfunny joke, and a terrible mon .-. .

How are you guys not voting for the Pokemon with the highest Special Attack ever?

Medicham / Conkeldurr
Typhlosion / Raichu
Feraligatr / Garchomp
Blaziken / Mamoswine
Delcatty / Wailord

Reactions: EV

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Jolteon / Wailord
Espeon / Exploud
Ferrothorn / Steelix
Goodra / Gyarados
Feraligatr / Garchomp

Totally not biased in any way whatsoever...

Parents: Dragonite + Bibarel
Shared egg group: Water 1
Offspring Name: Dragarel
New type: Dragon/Normal
New base stats: 95 / 119 / 87 / 87 / 90 / 85 (BST 563)
New ability and desc: Inner Cluelessness - effects of Unaware + effect of Inner Focus
Notable moves: Extreme Speed, Return, Frustration, Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Dance, Waterfall,
Role Identification: Yet another STAB Espeeder seriously I should stop making these at some point, but they all just ROCK.

Reserving Stoutland + Lucario (highest Atk Normal-type fusion with ESpeed (Slaking is cheating and doesn't count))
Why didn't you give him Simple effects instead of Unaware? It would have been amazing! Attack and Speed doubled with only one DD! Sorry, but I've just thought about it and thinking that I missed a really good combination.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Tyranitar/Rhyperior
Roserade/Togekiss
Gardevoir/Jellicent
Muk/Gastrodon
Lucario/Cacturne

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
There were a lot of ties so we have 9 winners this time.

Parents: Gyarados + Garchomp
Shared egg group: Dragon
Offspring name: Garchados
New type: Water/Dragon
New base stats: 111/137/97/80/102/101
New ability and desc: Intimidate + Sand Veil = Lowers Opponent's defense on switch in and gets evasion boosted in sand. Thinking of a good name. Any suggestions?
Notable moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Fire Blast, Brick Break, Stone Edge, Dragon Tail, Poison Jab, Surf, Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Toxic, Roar, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Scald, Waterfall, Iron Head, Stealth Rock
Role identification: Statistically, an overall improvement for both. The addition of Intimidate allows for it to function as quite a bulky attacker, or even defensive utility with a Rest Talk + Scald/Tail set (seems to work for Gyarados fusions). 101 is a trolly speed tier, but maybe not so much in this meta, but it does get Dragon Dance. Can run one special move for additional damage on 4x weak mons.

Parents: Delcatty + Wailord
Shared egg group: Field
Offspring Name: Wailcatty
New type: Normal / Water
New base stats: 130 / 87 / 65 / 82 / 60 / 75
New ability and desc: Normal Veil : This Pokemon is immune to Normal-type moves.
Notable moves: Return, Waterfall, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Wish
Role Identification: Uhhhhhhhhhhh........ I guess a bulkyish physical attacker?

Parents: Feraligatr and Garchomp
Shared egg group: Monster
Offspring name: Gargatr
New type: Dragon/Water
New base stats: 106/127/107/89/94/100
New ability and desc: Torrent Veil - When this Pokemon has 1/3 or less of its max HP, its evasiveness is 1.25x, and its Water attacks do 1.5x damage. (If that is too powerful, I would remove the Water boost.)
Notable moves: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Waterfall, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Crunch, Ice Punch, Superpower, Aqua Jet
Role identification: Has Kingdra's unique typing. Physical Sweeper with DD, STABs, and one of the many coverage moves. SD to Wallbreak, with priority Aqua Jet.

Parents: Hydreigon and Dragalgae
Shared Egg Group: Dragon
Offspring Name: Dragon
New Type: Dark/Poison
New Base Stats: 88 / 100 / 100 / 121 / 116 / 81
New Ability: Levipoison (Levitate+Poison Point) - If this Pokémon is hit with a Ground-type attack, the attacker is poisoned. Grants the Pokémon with this ability an immunity to ground.
Notable Moves: Sludge Wave, Dark Pulse, Toxic Spikes, Focus Blast, Earth Power, Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump, Scald, U-Turn, Superpower, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Roost, Earthquake, Taunt, Tailwind, Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge, Shadow Ball, Waterfall, Play Rough, Icy Wind
Role Identification: Bulky attacker with a variety of options available to it. Has no weaknesses excluding Mold Breaker Ground-type attacks.

Parents: Bisharp and Hawlucha
Shared egg group: Human-like
Offspring name: Hawlusharp
New type: Fighting/Dark
New base stats: 81/118/97/77/76/104
New ability and desc: Defiant + Unburden = Armor Cast: When an item is used or lost, Attack and Speed are raised by two stages, while Defense and Special Defense are lowered by one.
Notable moves: Swords Dance, Rock Polish, High Jump Kick, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Acrobatics, Sky Attack, Fling, Poison Jab, Iron Head, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge
Role identification: A late-game cleaner/ glass cannon with multiple means of setting up. Compensates for its subpar defenses with powerful STAB priority (Sucker Punch).

Parents: Cofagrigus and Steelix
Shared egg group: Mineral
Offspring name: Cofagreelix
New type: Steel/Ghost
New base stats: 76/77/182/85/95/40
New ability and desc: Mummy Fortitude (Cofagreelix changes the ability of any attacker that makes contact to Mummy. If attacked by an enemy with the Mummy ability, Cofagreelix can endure a hit at one hit point if that hit would faint it.)
Notable Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Toxic Spikes, Memento, Dragon Tail, Curse, Destiny Bond, Night Shade
Role identification: Cofagreelix works as an incredibly effective physical tank. With a great defensive typing and 77/183/95 defenses, Cofagreelix can be a safe switch in to most physical attackers. Cofagrigus' participation in the fusion is mainly a better special defense to deal with mixed sets or switch ins and a very good tank/stall move pool. Cofagreelix is a safe switch in to many physical sweepers, even those with boosted stats, and can use flat damage from moves like will-o-wisp, toxic, and night shade in order to take out enemies.

Parents: Jolteon and Wailord
Offspring name: Joltlord
New type: Electric/Water
New base stats: 127/87/62/110/80/105
New ability and desc: Oblivious Absorb - Immune to infatuation, taunting, and electric moves, and if hit by one restores HP by 1/8 of its maximum.
Notable Moves: Water Spout, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Agility, Rest
Role Identification: Powerful choice item user. Run either Scarf for blistering speed, or Specs for incredibly powerful Water Spouts. Access to STAB Volt Switch makes Choice Items even easier to abuse, and provides great coverage when coupled with Ice Beam. Although this is Joltlord's main niche, it has a few other tricks up its sleeve: first is Agility to boost speed and the second is a ChestoRest set, which at the cost of the Choice sets' power/speed allows Joltlord to refill its HP and thus Water Spout's power.

Parents: Roserade and Mismagius
Shared egg group: Fairy
Offspring name: Mismarade
New type: Grass/Ghost
New base stats: 70/75/72/125/115/107
New ability and desc: Levitation Cure (Mismarade is immune to ground moves. In addition, when switched out, Mismarade heals all major status conditions.)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Power Gem, Mystical Fire, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic
Role Identification: Mismarade can excel as a special sweeper, either boosting with Nasty Plot and sweeping through a team with a reasonable speed tier and good STAB, or carry a choice scarf or specs and hit hard and fast on the enemy team. It's ability lets it break down a wall and then switch out to heal from any status. High special attack and special defense are inherited from Roserade, as is a higher defense, while Roserade's lackluster movepool is supplemented by Mismagius' wide one. However, Mismarade's speed is still not fast enough to out speed many threats, and it suffers from a 4MSS often, wanting to boost, heal, have coverage, and have two STABs in a non-choiced set.

Parents: Vespiquen and Gliscor
Shared egg group: Bug
Offspring name: Vespicor
New type: Bug/Ground
New base stats: 82/97/123/72/98/77
New ability and desc: Sand Pressure (Sand Veil+Pressure) - In Sandstorm opponent's moves' PP are halved.
Notable moves: Earthquake, Attack Order, Roost/Heal Order, Destiny Bond, U-turn, Knock Off, Defend Order, Aqua Tail, Stealth Rock, Defog
Role identification: A decent defensive setter with a almost-unique typing, normally damaged by Stealth Rock.

To do:
  1. Analyze these abilities. Are they balanced? Can they be better?
  2. Help me find the best moveset for them based on their new roles. Should it boost its Attack first? Is it a team supporter? Choose wisely: you only have four moves to pick per Pokemon.
  3. Try to guess any checks or counters we might run into later, and if possible, see if one of the other fusions would make a good teammate to get past these counters.
  4. To expand on #3, which of these Pokemon can check/counter the earlier slate (aka Team Rocket's fusions)? How would they fit together on a team if they had to battle Team Rocket's Pokemon? How would they support each other?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Please tell me if I'm doing this wrong, but here are a few sets for the newest fusions:

+

Gargatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Pretty simple, DD up and sweep with your STABs, if you take a hit and get to Torrent Veil levels, even better! STABs and EQ for great coverage, only missing out on the Grass/Fairy typing (I think). I really like the current Torrent Veil, although it might be a little bit OP, despite you having to get in that 1/3 or less range first. If people do think it needs a nerf, maybe a 1.25x boost to Water-type attacks would be better so it retains the idea, just less strong. I personally think offensive would be a better set than defensive Rocker on this Pokemon.

+

Wailcatty @ Life Orb
Ability: Normal Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Waterfall

A bulky physical wallbreaker with dual priority to finish up weakened Pokemon and strong dual STABs for walls. I personally like Normal Veil, as it grants some switch in opportunities, and it wouldn't be too overpowered as its defenses are still rather lacking and it is easily outsped.

+

Vespicor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Earthquake / U-Turn
- Heal Order

Vespicor would be a great hazard control mon, with access to Rocks, Defog, and recovery. EQ is a decently strong STAB so you aren't Taunt bait, whereas U-Turn is also STAB but nabs ever crucial momentum. I think Sand Pressure is a little weak, if I were to make this I would give it the effects of normal Sand Veil, and then taking 2 PP off of status moves used by the foe (whereas normal Pressure only affects attacks, this would just be for status moves like Defog, allowing it to outstall Defogs and continue setting Rocks). The Pressure part would operate outside of sandstorm as well. We don't have to use this of course, just an idea :p (although why no PH Pressure ;_;)

Sorry I couldn't do parts 3 and 4, I don't know all of the fusions yet (just learned about this project 2 days ago, haven't had time to read the whole thread yet :[ ), but I hope someone else can fill in the blanks for those parts. I really like this project btw!

...Wailcatty is completely useless.

I think Mummy Fortitude needs a nerf, Cofagreelix is unkillable by physical attackers after they aquire Mummy.

Parents: Delcatty + Wailord
Offspring Name: Wailcatty
New type: Normal / Water
New base stats: 130 / 87 / 65 / 82 / 60 / 75
New ability and desc: Normal Veil : This Pokemon is immune to Normal-type moves.
Notable moves: Return, Waterfall, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Wish
Role Identification: Uhhhhhhhhhhh........ I guess a bulkyish physical attacker?
I am so disappointed in this thread.

I think Mummy Fortitude needs a nerf, Cofagreelix is unkillable by physical attackers after they aquire Mummy.
I second both of these thoughts. As for the ability, although it is bland to do so, I would recommend simply combining the abilities and adding nothing to them.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I feel like Wailcatty can be made viable by changing Normal Veil. Rather than being immune to Normal-type moves, why not make it so any move used against the user becomes Normal? This makes Wailcatty bulkier than it would lead to be, since it now has no weakness outside of Mold Breaker SE move. Also, unless the opponent is a Normal-type, they also get no STAB moves. I don't think it would be broken, because it's stats and movepool are rather...lackluster.

Wailcatty doesn't seem as useless as its stats look. We can't dismiss that large HP, which is equivalent to that of Vaporeon's! Its got wish, heal bell, and thunder wave so a support set could seem viable, however only on one side of the spectrum. Sylveon has 95/65/130 defenses and can take physical hits pretty well when fully invested. If you look at Wailcatty, it is a complete upgrade on the physically defensive side since it has 130/65/60 defenses, heck it is physically bulkier than Vaporeon!
I think however that it would do best as a Baton Pass user, specifically Cosmic Power. I've had great success with Lopunny as a cosmic power baton pass, which allows me to pass to any SD, NP, or DD sweeper. This pokemon has got greater defenses and (if Normal Veil remains unchanged) has an immunity to Roar, Whirlwind, and even encore (not sure if you should be immune to perish song)! Perhaps a set like this could work...

Wailcatty Leftovers
Normal Veil
Impish Nature
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spdef
-Cosmic Power
-Baton Pass
-Wish
-Return / Body Slam

So come in on something that won't smash you with STAB electric, grass, fighting, or Draco Meteor. Boost your defenses until satisfied (or a crit kills you), then baton pass. Wish keeps you healthy and can even be passed to your teammates. Return for power, or Body Slam for paralysis. Other options would include Calm Mind + Hyper Voice. Or replace your normal STAB with Roar, or even have Aqua Ring over wish to pass over passive recovery. The problem this thing has unlike my lopunny is Taunt or status. Hard to avoid. Maybe you could switch up the abilities and somehow include Wailord's Oblivious. Maybe something like Oblivious Charm or something.

EDIT: Vespicor's ability could be worded better. Pressure doesn't instantly half the opponent's PP. It doubles the PP usage.
Gargatr could have its ability balanced by having the evasion activate only when Gargatr uses a boosted Water move. So if it tries to go for coverage or a dragon STAB, no evasion.

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
About the only useful point of Wailcatty is being to able pass Subs and Wishes. It's a shame we missed some of the better fusions out there.

Dragon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levipoison (hmm, how about.. Toxica Leviosa? :D) All jokes aside, this could use a better name.
252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Icy Wind/Fire Blast

It has a nice movepool so really, it's a matter of using two stabs and coverage. Icy Wind has better synergy with Thunderbolt, but Fire Blast hits way harder.

Hawlusharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Armor Cast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant

- Rock Polish
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick

Fairly straighforward. It's typing and stats are quite frail, so I think a safe double dance is not a real option. Enter Armor Cast, come on in on something that would KO you (preferably after getting a slower U-turn or after another mon's been knocked out), set up Rock Polish as they go for the OHKO, lose the sash, get +2 Attack, wreck face. Drain Punch is preferred over HJK just for the fact that you reaaalllly don't wanna miss at 1 HP. But if you're feeling bold, go for it. Finally, Iron Head covers what your stabs won't: Fairy.

Last edited:
So I just read the first page again and now I have 2 questions.
1. The fusion gets two moves from each parents. Does that mean that you can only have 2 egg moves max from each parent? If true, then my previous set would have to slash out wish for aqua ring or rest.
2. After the set discussions, what will happen next?

For Mummy Fortitude I meant it would just ensure one hit from an attacker with mummy was survivable, not immortality. Like it would only save you if you were above 1 hp.
-----
Set Time:
Mismarade @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Levitation Cure
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 252 SpD
Nature: Modest/Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain/Energy Ball
-Trick
-Psychic/Power Gem/Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/MysticalFire
Pretty straight forward, go Timid if you are bringing Specs or if you want to outspeed the copious Dragon Dancers in this meta. I slashed Giga Drain with Energy Ball because Energy Ball is good, but Giga Drain gives you slightly more survivability. Third moveslot can be changed for more coverage, but I would run Trick so you don't lose too many switch turns and can punish the aforementioned Dragon Dancers. Fourth moveslot depends on what you need to cover, Mystical Fire being there because it is slightly better than HP Fire and keeps you from getting shut down by Ferro and Scizor.

Last edited:
Dragon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levipoison (hmm, how about.. Toxica Leviosa? :D) All jokes aside, this could use a better name.
252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Icy Wind/Fire Blast

It has a nice movepool so really, it's a matter of using two stabs and coverage. Icy Wind has better synergy with Thunderbolt, but Fire Blast hits way harder.
Personally, given its good defensive typing and not-so-great speed, I think it might be better served with a bulky specs set. Like with an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD and a modest nature. I'd also consider Earth Power as a coverage move, since almost everything that resists both Dark and Poison gets hit super effectively by Ground.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Mismarade can take a page off of Gengar's book and go for Taunt + Wisp, which can give stall some trouble.

Mismarade @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitating Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball / Power Gem
- Leaf Storm

With its interesting type, ability, and stat spread, a Taunt Wisp set is pretty easy for Mismarade. It's respectable 107 speed lets it bully a lot of things. Sadly, it misses out on 108 by 1 point, which simply means things like Terrakion and Infernape outspeed you. Mismarade has a lot of other options too, such as SubSplit, NP, CM + Wisp, SubSeed, and even Choice sets since it has Leaf Storm as a good hit-and-run attack, Trick, and Memento, plus some solid coverage.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Blumenwitz Actually, I did consider a bulky Spread but I went with speed due to force of habit lol. I suppose either could work.

I did some research. Apparently the best coverage it could attain is by Dark/Poison/Ground/Ice. Fire overlaps poison quite a bit, bolt works but ice covers more, with around 5 neutralities, not accounting for type combinations (infact that's gonna be hard to ascertain here).

That reminds me. We seem to have forgotten that we're supposed to explain how our sets counter Team Rocket's fusions as well. But, since there's no Indexing to help the users find them, I'll provide the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...orymon-discussion.3540976/page-6#post-6277214, and I'll edit a few of my posts accordingly.

For now, let's talk Cofagreelix. At first glance, it seems that even though it's the bane of physical attackers, it's 185 defense means nothing can OHKO it anyway. But let's look back for a second. Cofagreelix retains the old Nasty Plot + Trick Room combo. Due to it's ability, it's practically always guaranteed that setup vs a physical attacker, whether he chooses to attack twice or attack and switch to avoid Mummy. That's not a safe thing to have. These days, the most potent special walls are fairies. Guess what? Cofagreelix is a Steel type. There goes your fairy. On a side note, Flash Cannon should be listed under Notable moves.

(I was writing this just as the previous post popped up, so sorry to SpartanMalice for immediately diverging from his post) I feel like Armour Cast might need to be changed a bit to make it more balanced as it seems a bit overpowered rn. It gives you two free Dragon Dances when you either consume an item (which is easy to achieve by use of Normal Gem, Sitrus Berry, Focus Sash, Red Card, etc or get Knock Off'd which is a pretty common move in ORAS and a move that Hawlusharp can switch into a knock off with ease due to have a 4x resistance to it. The cost of losing 1 Def/Sp.Def isn't really that much as nothing will really outspeed you at +2 and with 118 base attack doubled (which gives a total of 736 with Adamant Nature) not much will survive a STAB and/or s.e. hit from this thing. You will need to worry about priority after this ability activates, sure, but team mates can easily deal with those, and Hawlusharp can use Sucker Punch to out-priority the priority users bar E-Speed + Fake Out.

In order to fix this I would suggest perhaps nerfing the buff to only +1 Atk/Spe and/or making the ability not activate when the Pokemon is hit by Knock Off, and so the ability only activates when an item is consumed. There may be a better way to balance this ability, but if so I haven't thought of it.

canno

formerly The Reptile
The funny thing about Cofagreelix is that there is one physical that there is one thing that can potentially break it from the physical side - Haxardos.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Haxardos Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagreelix: 348-411 (97.7 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

It has an astonishingly high change to OHKO, and it can potentially bypass Cofagreelix's ability with Intense Rivalry, which all depends on the gender. Alternatively, you can also 2HKO it without any boosts

252+ Atk Life Orb Haxardos Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagreelix: 177-208 (49.7 - 58.4%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

while Banded will always 2HKO. Obviously Intense Rivalry and Mummy Fortitude make this more of a 50/50, but hey that's still pretty solid, and probably your best chance to break it from the physical side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)