Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hey everyone, I recently dug up my old Gamecube and I'm thinking about running through Colosseum again, but I need some extra incentive to play. To spice things up a bit I want to do a Scramble - not too difficult, though, just something to make the game a bit more interesting again. That means that I do not want to solo Evice with the Plusle you get (I've come close, though, I've leveled Plusle to lv 75 before), but some of the more unusual Pokémon available with some unorthodox builds are 100% ok. Anyone who can help me out?

Here's a list of all Pokémon available

More Cowbell take Tree the Shadow Sudowoodo.

You can snag Tree from Miror B., and he is convinced that he is an evil, rotting tree who will devour all plants in his way. Solo all Grass types as long as you are a Shadow Pokémon. Once he is fully purified, he realizes that he is in fact a good tree with a good heart, and wants to solo all Rock types who pose as trees (not realizing he is one as well). Solo all Rock types from now on. Finally, defeat Miror B. at his final battle to prove that Tree doesn't need his old owner. If Tree is not purified by this point, he is saddened at your pathetic efforts and leaves your team.

More Cowbell take Beta the Yanma.

Beta was turned Shadow with an unfinished version of the process. When he enters Hyper Mode, you may not remove Hyper Mode by any means. Beta must learn a STAB move ASAP and may not ever use any moves that are not STAB or Shadow moves, unless this restriction would block all of his moves.

Too easy? Too hard? Let me know!

More Cowbell take Tree the Shadow Sudowoodo.

You can snag Tree from Miror B., and he is convinced that he is an evil, rotting tree who will devour all plants in his way. Solo all Grass types as long as you are a Shadow Pokémon. Once he is fully purified, he realizes that he is in fact a good tree with a good heart, and wants to solo all Rock types who pose as trees (not realizing he is one as well). Solo all Rock types from now on. Finally, defeat Miror B. at his final battle to prove that Tree doesn't need his old owner. If Tree is not purified by this point, he is saddened at your pathetic efforts and leaves your team.
Never played with Sudowoodo in Colosseum before, but he looks like a solid pick. Thanks!

More Cowbell take Beta the Yanma.

Beta was turned Shadow with an unfinished version of the process. When he enters Hyper Mode, you may not remove Hyper Mode by any means. Beta must learn a STAB move ASAP and may not ever use any moves that are not STAB or Shadow moves, unless this restriction would block all of his moves.

This one's a bit harsh; Yanma isn't really a strong pick to begin with, but the only STAB move he learns in the game is Wing Attack at lv 38 :(

This one's a bit harsh; Yanma isn't really a strong pick to begin with, but the only STAB move he learns in the game is Wing Attack at lv 38 :(
Didn't realize that there was only 1 STAB move...I thought there were two. Would it work if we just threw the STAB-moves-only restriction out?

I'm going to be doing one of these in Pokémon Black 2.

EDIT:
Conditions:
B2
Tepig as starter, that's non-negotiable. You can decide what I have to do with it, though.
No trading whatsoever.
Medium to hard difficulty.

Smogon the Koffing.
Smogon, has always wanted to be great at competitive battling, it however, is confused as to what it should learn. Should it be good in Gen 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5? Well you decide! It may only use moves from one generation, as soon as you get access to a move of the generation you chose.

Additionally, Koffing has learnt about type matchups and that it has the ability Levitate (only applicable to Generation 3 and higher). You must solo Roxie (All gens), Burgh (Gen 2, 3, 4, and 5) and Clay (3, 4 and 5) since you have a type advantage against them. You may freely evolve it.

Unplayed the Marill.

This Marill should have been on my TCG team, but my own bad play kept it off the team. It is in no way happy about this.

As a Marill, Unplayed can only use moves that it would have been able to use on my team: Tackle and Rollout only.

Since I played some Fighting-types instead of Marill, solo 5 Pokemon that would be Fighting-type in the TCG to evolve. This includes Rock, Ground, and Fighting types.

Once Unplayed evolves into Azumarill, the move restriction is gone. Instead, once an Azumarill, Unplayed may no longer use Tackle or Rollout, and must learn and keep Aqua Ring ASAP. Any other move, however, is fair game.

Oh, and solo Clay. Because he would be a Fighting-type Gym leader in the TCG.

Gluttony the Tepig

Gluttony likes food... a lot. Maybe a bit too much. He's overweight, and doesn't even care! Gluttony loves food so much though, he must always hold a berry (or other food item) ASAP. He has a nose to find food as well, so Odor Sleuth is required. Gluttony will evolve into Pignite without issues, but for Emboar he must have eaten a total of ten different berries. After this, he realises that food isn't everything. When Gluttony evolves to Emboar, he can forget Odor Sleuth, but it must be replaced by a move that isn't a Fire or Fighting type.

Overview
Has to hold a berry or other food-related item at all times.
Odor Sleuth is required until evolution to Emboar, where it must be replaced by a move that is not a Fire or Fighting type.
Can not evolve to Emboar until five different berries are used. If too hard, switch to five.

DoublePost the Sewaddle.
Whenever Sewaddle is on the battlefield, whether you move or use an item on it, you must perform the exact same action two turns in a row before you can do something else. This restriction carries over inbetween battles so if you take out something before you do the second action, you must perform the same action on the first turn of the next battle you do this. If the Sewaddle is not in the party at any time or its level is 10 or more below the highest leveled member on your team from the second Rival Battle onwards, this restriction applies to the entire team while it is not in the party or its level is 10 or more levels below the highest leveled team member.

Scrub the Zubat.
Scrub is, well, a scrub, who believes that many different things are "cheap". So first of all, he may never evolve into Crobat, because base 130 Speed is too cheap. He also cannot hold the Eviolite, because he also considers a 1.5x boost to both defenses to be "cheap". Trying to explain to him the error of his ways is pointless; after all, he is a huge scrub!

Scrub also hates it when any other trainer uses "cheap" strategies: Whenever an opponent's Pokemon uses any Evasion or Confusion moves, Scrub must switch in and solo it. Finally, Scrub must solo Drayden and at least 3 of Iris's Pokemon, because since Dragons have almost no weaknesses, they are clearly "cheap".

Last edited:
YellowSkarmory, take PunchingBag the Wobbuffet.
- You must hatch it from the Wynaut Egg you get in Lavaridge Town.
- You must keep Splash on the Wobbuffet.
- No learning Destiny Bond.

All right, time to see just how cruel you guys can be.
-Playing X
-No trades
-No EXP Share
-No Pokemon-Amie, Super Training or O-Powers
-Hard difficulty

Unplayable the Seadra- unobtained
-Catch as a Seadra, can't evolve
-Must solo all Grass-types
-Must waste the best Ball currently available after switching
-Cannot learn any Water moves other then Water Gun

Flight the Pinsir- unobtained
-Can learn only Normal moves, also applies to status
-Must solo all Bug-types

Antimagic the Fennekin- Male, Serious Nature
-Physical moves only
-If a trainer pokemon uses a special move, Antimagic must solo it (minimum priority)
-No fighting Essentia or Xerosic

Special the Bulbasaur- Male, Mild nature(uggggh)
-No physical moves
-Must always know Growl
-Must forget all moves but growl when reaching Dendemille
-Solo Olympia

Magic! the Gyarados- unobtained
-Must evolve ASAP
-Always know Splash and Waterfall
-Always hold Mega stone
-Can only mega evolve after taking an electric attack
-Solo all electric types

Windy the Aerodactyl- unobtained
-No mega evolving
-Always know Agility
-Must be at +2 agility at all times
-No physical attacks over 60 BP
-Solo Wulfric

Last edited:
Take Gluttony the Tepig SwampySwampert.

Gluttony likes food... a lot. Maybe a bit too much. He's overweight, and doesn't even care! Gluttony loves food so much though, he must always hold a berry (or other food item) ASAP. He has a nose to find food as well, so Odor Sleuth is required. Gluttony will evolve into Pignite without issues, but for Emboar he must have eaten a total of ten different berries. After this, he realises that food isn't everything. When Gluttony evolves to Emboar, he can forget Odor Sleuth, but it must be replaced by a move that isn't a Fire or Fighting type.

Overview
Odor Sleuth is required until evolution to Emboar, where it must be replaced by a move that is not a Fire or Fighting type.
Can not evolve to Emboar until five different berries are used. If too hard, switch to five.

SwampySwampert take Unplayed the Marill.

This Marill should have been on my TCG team, but my own bad play kept it off the team. It is in no way happy about this.

As a Marill, Unplayed can only use moves that it would have been able to use on my team: Tackle and Rollout only.

Since I played some Fighting-types instead of Marill, solo 5 Pokemon that would be Fighting-type in the TCG to evolve. This includes Rock, Ground, and Fighting types.

Once Unplayed evolves into Azumarill, the move restriction is gone. Instead, once an Azumarill, Unplayed may no longer use Tackle or Rollout, and must learn and keep Aqua Ring ASAP. Any other move, however, is fair game.

Oh, and solo Clay. Because he would be a Fighting-type Gym leader in the TCG.

CowboyJake take Unplayable the Seadra.

You wanted hard, so you're not going to be catching a Horsea and evolving it. No, instead, you have to wait until you get the Super Rod and catch Unplayable as a Seadra. And don't think you'll be getting a Kingdra either, because you may not evolve Unplayable. Ever. (Not that you could anyway, since you said no trades.)

Just like SwampySwampert's Scramble, this one is based off the TCG. Since Seadra is weak to Grass, I feel I should put something in. But you want hard! So, starting when you catch Unplayable, solo all Grass and Bug types! Oh, and since there is a 1-energy retreat cost, to make things harder, every time you switch Unplayable out, you must toss one of the strongest Poke Ball available at the Poke Mart!

Finally, the only STAB move that Unplayable can ever learn is Water Gun, and it cannot ever learn any move above base power 40 because Water Gun is the strongest attack on my Seadra card.

If you're wondering why the Seadra was unplayable, it's because I don't have a Horsea card.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SwampySwampert, take Smogon the Koffing. Smogon, has always wanted to be great at competitive battling, it however, is confused as to what it should learn. Should it be good in Gen 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5? Well you decide! It may only use moves from one generation, as soon as you get access to a move of the generation you chose.

Additionally, Koffing has learnt about type matchups and that it has the ability Levitate (only applicable to Generation 3 and higher). You must solo Roxie (All gens), Burgh (Gen 2, 3, 4, and 5) and Clay (3, 4 and 5) since you have a type advantage against them. You may freely evolve it.

Good luck!

CowboyJake take Flight the Pinsir. Flight has always wanted to fly, and may only learn potential Flying-type moves. Because of its mega-evolution, this means it may only use Normal-type moves. Even Status moves may not be of another type. Additionally, you must switch in against all other Bug-types, since you should be superior.

Take Unplayable the Seadra.
You wanted hard, so you're not going to be catching a Horsea and evolving it. No, instead, you have to wait until you get the Super Rod and catch Unplayable as a Seadra. And don't think you'll be getting a Kingdra either, because you may not evolve Unplayable. Ever. (Not that you could anyway, since you said no trades.)

Just like SwampySwampert's Scramble, this one is based off the TCG. Since Seadra is weak to Grass, I feel I should put something in. But you want hard! So, starting when you catch Unplayable, solo all Grass and Bug types! Oh, and since there is a 1-energy retreat cost, to make things harder, every time you switch Unplayable out, you must toss one of the strongest Poke Ball available at the Poke Mart!

Finally, the only STAB move that Unplayable can ever learn is Water Gun, and it cannot ever learn any move above base power 40 because Water Gun is the strongest attack on my Seadra card.
What have I done...Ah well, I asked for it. This is my first SC, and I didn't realize "hard" meant "completely absurd". Which is a shame because it seems neat. I'll drop the BP40 restriction so it doesn't sit in the back of the team despised and useless, and the solo all Bugs restriction because there's someone else who needs to do that. Other than that, I'll roll with it.

Take Flight the Pinsir. Flight has always wanted to fly, and may only learn potential Flying-type moves. Because of its mega-evolution, this means it may only use Normal-type moves. Even Status moves may not be of another type. Additionally, you must switch in against all other Bug-types, since you should be superior.
This one I think I can do. That's two team members so far.

100th post hype woot
Brett strolled out of Lumiose City, with a certain Pidgey still sitting on his head and Litleo following him. He got the message across at the last Gym battle, so he had not been set on fire yet. He was slightly concerned about how Litleo would deal with the local flora, however.

The instant they got through the gate, Pidgey jumped off and flew forward at top speed. A few moments later, however, it came back, seemingly furious. Brett ran forward, to discover that a Snorlax was blocking their path. Pidgey tried to use Whirlwind, but the Snorlax refused to budge. It took Brett a moment to realize that it was asleep. Pidgey head-butted it, and it woke up, confused. Surprisingly, it simply rolled out of their way, easy as that. At that moment, Brett realized that the next Gym leader had a type advantage over both of his Pokemon. After a brief conversation with the two, and natural frustration from Pidgey, Brett petitioned to the Snorlax. After a few minutes, Snorlax accepted, and Brett threw the decisive Pokeball. Now, maybe they had a chance at the next gym. The misfit group continued walking down the road, heading forward.

Before Brett knew it, they were at the Gym and Snorlax was sitting in front of him.
"Each contender shall use only one Pokemon!"
Brett was slightly shocked. This meant that he had to put everything he had on this Snorlax, and he had no idea what it's fighting talents were.
Grant looked at his two Pokeballs, before deciding on the left one and revealing a Tyrunt.

The battle began, and Tyrunt immediately started battering away at Snorlax. Snorlax didn't feel a thing, however, and started to fall asleep. Oh, no, Brett thought. This battle would go nowhere if Snorlax fell asleep that easily. A few minutes later, the Tyrunt was still battering away at the Snorlax, but was beginning to tire. That wouldn't matter, however, if Snorlax didn't wake up. Suddenly, Snorlax opened its eyes. It didn't like what it saw, apparently, for it went right back to sleep. A few moments later, it rolled over in its sleep, accidentally crushing the Tyrunt. Well, that's one way to do it.

Brett still didn't understand what had happened back at the hotel that night. He looked out into the yard, where Litleo was having fun breathing fire at Snorlax, who didn't seem to mind at all. Pidgey was somewhere, but he knew that it would come back in the morning. He smiled softly to himself, wondering what other personalities he would find on this trip.

Few things. One, I made the mistake of playing VERY FAR AHEAD (like 5th gym or something i forget) so the in game updates will be watered down. Second, I DO have all the pokemon at this point, but decided to make it more interesting for the story. Third, GOD DAMMIT GRANT! Naix Grant was hell for Explorer. USE ALL THE X DEFENSES! Welp, I made it eventually, but Explorer's like 10 levels ahead of everyone. Oh also Tetrinity thank god this hasn't happened in a big situation yet, but i guess that King Arthur's Retaliate clause is ignored during solos? That's what I've been doing.

Finally, I had to make an executive decision to turn on the XP share for grinding purposes, because I really hate grinding (which is why my White Scramble is on indefinite hiatus).

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What have I done...Ah well, I asked for it. This is my first SC, and I didn't realize "hard" meant "completely absurd". Which is a shame because it seems neat. I'll drop the BP40 restriction so it doesn't sit in the back of the team despised and useless, and the solo all Bugs restriction because there's someone else who needs to do that. Other than that, I'll roll with it.

This one I think I can do. That's two team members so far.
Hard doesn't mean completely absurd. I've given too hard "hard" scrambles in the past, and if you feel it's too much you can reject it or ask for a rule to be removed.

Well, like I said, the "only moves under 40 base power" clause means that it needs to be either completely stall-focused or heavily overleveled to stand a chance against some of the later grass users. That's really the only part I struggle with.

CowboyJake, take Tank the Bulbasaur. It must keep Tackle and Poison/Sleep Powder (you can choose) until it turns into Venusaur. Once it becomes a Venusaur, you must solo Olympia with it.

Also, I accept both the Pokémon for mine.

-Playing X
-No trades
-No EXP Share
-Hard difficulty

Unplayable the Seadra
-Catch as a Seadra, can't evolve
-Must solo all Grass-types
-Must waste the best Ball currently available after switching
-Cannot learn any Water moves other then Water Gun

Flight the Pinsir
-Can learn only Normal moves, also applies to status
-Must solo all Bug-types

Take Magic the Fennekin.

Magic the Fennekin is a pokemon that loves to use magical attacks. Because of this, you may not use any physical attacks (an exception can be made if you don't have any special moves). It also must learn Mystical Fire and a psychic-type move ASAP and always keep them. It also likes to have a wide variety of magical attacks, so it may not have multiple attacks of the same type (Physical moves that you can't yet replace with special moves do not count towards this limit, and status moves also don't count. If you can't yet have all special moves of a distinct type, pick one of them to not use.), nor multiple status moves.

To evolve into a Braixen, it must KO at least 5 pokemon using psychic-type moves. To evolve into Delphox, meet all ofthe above requirements (except for learning Mystical Fire, which you must do immediately upon evolving).

When Team Flare tries to unleash their weapon, Magic views this as an attempt to use the magic that it so loves to destroy everything. Because of this, you must solo both Lysandre battles in the Team Flare Secret HQ.

If this is too hard or too easy, let me know so I can change it.

The problem for both of those is that outside of the soloing restrictions, they are very close to how I would run Fennekin and Bulbasaur anyways. Could you make them a bit more difficult?

The problem for both of those is that outside of the soloing restrictions, they are very close to how I would run Fennekin and Bulbasaur anyways. Could you make them a bit more difficult?
Take Antimagic the Fennekin. Antimagic the Fennekin is a pokemon that hates to use magical attacks. Because of this, you may only use physical attacks. It also must solo any trainer-owned pokemon (except for those already being soloed) that use any special attack, because it needs to stop the use of magic. It also is not allowed to participate in any fight against Essentia or post-game Xerosic, as they are not using technology to enhance their abilities, not the magic that so many others use.

Is this better?

Okay, CowboyJake, take Special the Bulbasaur. Special hates to use physical attacks, so you must only use special attacks and status moves. Special must keep Growl through its entire existence, and once you reach Dendemille Town, you must make it forget every move it knows except for Growl. You also must solo Olympia with it.

Rundown:
- Only special and status moves allowed
- Must keep Growl through its entire existence
- Must forget every move except for Growl as soon as you get to Dendemille Town
- Must solo Olympia with it.

Happy?

Last edited:
Okay, CowboyJake, take Infested the Bulbasaur. Infested hates to use physical attacks, so you must only use special attacks and status moves. Infested must be taught Infestation ASAP and keep it through its entire existence, and once you reach Dendemille Town, you must make it forget every move it knows except for Infestation. You also must solo Olympia with it.

Rundown:
- Only special and status moves allowed
- Must keep Infestation through its entire existence
- Must forget every move except for Infestation as soon as you get to Dendemille Town
- Must solo Olympia with it.

Happy?
None of the Bulbasaur line can learn Infestation...

While I'm here, I'll reserve for your and CowboyJake's Scrambles.

Take Gluttony the Tepig SwampySwampert.

Overview
Not sure if you saw this yet SwampySwampert, I looked on your scramble and only Smogon the Koffing was there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)