Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

To be fair, aside from playtime, a Day 1 player (and I mean day 1 as opposed to just early player) doesn't have a significant advantage since most of the mons available from Day 1 either were more novelties (Mew) or have since come back (the Rotom forms). I'd say (if I'm remembering the event order right) Kyogre was the first really significant "timed" event that has yet to return, and it's reasonable enough to substitute (things like the current Manaphy, Swampert, etc.).

Heck, even the Day 1 time didn't give a significant advantage if you were like me and didn't know about Meowth grinding until almost a month in.

To be fair, aside from playtime, a Day 1 player (and I mean day 1 as opposed to just early player) doesn't have a significant advantage since most of the mons available from Day 1 either were more novelties (Mew) or have since come back (the Rotom forms). I'd say (if I'm remembering the event order right) Kyogre was the first really significant "timed" event that has yet to return, and it's reasonable enough to substitute (things like the current Manaphy, Swampert, etc.).

Heck, even the Day 1 time didn't give a significant advantage if you were like me and didn't know about Meowth grinding until almost a month in.
B-but I just gotta catch 'em all. :( Garbage though it may be, Mew still haunts me to this day. I'm also missing Kyogre, and I lucked out when they did the M-Lucario repeat. It was purely by coincidence that the day I started was the very first day Keldeo was released, so without knowing who came before him I just knew he'd be my two-week goal.

B-but I just gotta catch 'em all. :( Garbage though it may be, Mew still haunts me to this day. I'm also missing Kyogre, and I lucked out when they did the M-Lucario repeat. It was purely by coincidence that the day I started was the very first day Keldeo was released, so without knowing who came before him I just knew he'd be my two-week goal.
I understand. I'm a completionist myself as far as the mons go. Just noting that for most players, who focus mainly on getting the now stuff, there wasn't too much to miss.

I do wonder when Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are inevitably going to come back, since they all have (pseudo at least) Mega Forms to acknowledge.

Well, Groudon and Kyogre are pseudo. Rayquaza legitimately has a Mega Stone slot in this game (But will they call it Raquazite or Dragon Ascent?). We probably won't see that one for awhile though. Definitely not before all three Bug Megas get their stones, anyway Genius Sorority give us at least one please.

I lose 50k in items and Pokeballs, thanks impossible stages :D

Only 2 missins S-ranks, Licky and Conkeldurr. I've unlocked 2 Kalos starters, I will try them later, I need to finish the 2 S ranks

I lose 50k in items and Pokeballs, thanks impossible stages :D

Only 2 missins S-ranks, Licky and Conkeldurr. I've unlocked 2 Kalos starters, I will try them later, I need to finish the 2 S ranks
Conk I will say is pretty ridiculous, but DON'T use Mewtwo over Slowbro right now, because Slowbro has an easier time alleviating the rocks. Strat I used required C-1 and Mega Start, so it was pricey.

Lickilicky I know there's a very specific move, swapping a Lickilicky in (5,6) (from Left and top, respectively) with a lower left (I think 4,2) Lickitung that almost always eliminates most all in the center 4 columns. From there, it's a matter of a little luck (unless you have Mega Start and such).

Really, just do yourself a favor and throw on all items for Conkeldurr (including Complexity). I personally prefer M-Aero to M-Slowbro on this stage. While M-Aero is NVE, his effect gets you to a clear board much faster (and the plentiful rocks early on neutralize his NVE damage). He also remains useful as Conk's death throe disruptions start popping up every turn. M-Aero, Snubbull and your choice of Victini (preferred), Mewtwo, or Xerneas, since Complexity removes your fourth slot Pokemon.

I am finally up-to-date on regular stage S-ranks. Spent about 60400 coins to wipe out the 17 stages that still needed clearing. Could have saved myself about 8k if I had been a little less stubborn about item use. Still have 37840 coins remaining for tomorrow's competition.

EX Kalos starters here I come!

Edit: Down to 10k coins, but caught Delphox and Chesnaught without issue. Probably gonna replenish coins for the competition and secure a good score before I start work on Greninja. From what I hear, that stage is evil.

2nd Edit: M-Manectric is live (and the only new content this week). Qualifying rank caps for each region seem to be doubled (40k NA, 20k EU, etc.), with some interesting additions: Top 50% of the qualifying ranks get a Mega Start in addition to the stone, while top 15% of the qualifying ranks would get a Mega Speedup in addition to the stone.

Last edited:
Conk I will say is pretty ridiculous, but DON'T use Mewtwo over Slowbro right now, because Slowbro has an easier time alleviating the rocks. Strat I used required C-1 and Mega Start, so it was pricey.

Lickilicky I know there's a very specific move, swapping a Lickilicky in (5,6) (from Left and top, respectively) with a lower left (I think 4,2) Lickitung that almost always eliminates most all in the center 4 columns. From there, it's a matter of a little luck (unless you have Mega Start and such).
Thanks, it seems that S-stages are too hard for me at the moment (or I'm running out of luck), I will try later !
Majorwile : Snubble ? Granbull ? I never used/trained him. Is he useful ?

I try M-Manetric at 8:00 AM :D I was in the top 10 ... for 1 min :D MegaSpeedUp is interesting but I'm not a good time-ranked player.

Really, just do yourself a favor and throw on all items for Conkeldurr (including Complexity). I personally prefer M-Aero to M-Slowbro on this stage. While M-Aero is NVE, his effect gets you to a clear board much faster (and the plentiful rocks early on neutralize his NVE damage). He also remains useful as Conk's death throe disruptions start popping up every turn. M-Aero, Snubbull and your choice of Victini (preferred), Mewtwo, or Xerneas, since Complexity removes your fourth slot Pokemon.

I am finally up-to-date on regular stage S-ranks. Spent about 60400 coins to wipe out the 17 stages that still needed clearing. Could have saved myself about 8k if I had been a little less stubborn about item use. Still have 37840 coins remaining for tomorrow's competition.

EX Kalos starters here I come!

Edit: Down to 10k coins, but caught Delphox and Chesnaught without issue. Probably gonna replenish coins for the competition and secure a good score before I start work on Greninja. From what I hear, that stage is evil.

2nd Edit: M-Manectric is live (and the only new content this week). Qualifying rank caps for each region seem to be doubled (40k NA, 20k EU, etc.), with some interesting additions: Top 50% of the qualifying ranks get a Mega Start in addition to the stone, while top 15% of the qualifying ranks would get a Mega Speedup in addition to the stone.
Greninja I didn't find too bad by bringing Frogadier for the central blockage (sort of like Feebas on Milotic). At the very least, I could clear it much more consistently than either of the other 2 starters, with time remaining for an actual catch rate bonus

Someone's looked into the data, and Mega Manectric is evidently exactly the same as Mega Ampharos in terms of Mega ability and even evolution rate.

Stage includes a Mareep complexity, Starts with a "canyon" arrangement of rocks, and spawns ~4 scattered Metal Blocks every few turns.

Thanks, it seems that S-stages are too hard for me at the moment (or I'm running out of luck), I will try later !
Majorwile : Snubble ? Granbull ? I never used/trained him. Is he useful ?

I try M-Manetric at 8:00 AM :D I was in the top 10 ... for 1 min :D MegaSpeedUp is interesting but I'm not a good time-ranked player.
Snubbull is useful since it's one of the only Fairy types with the useful Crowd Control ability. Granbull isn't particularly special (Base 60 Fairy with a rather generic hard hitter ability), but including him on your team makes S Ranking his own stage extremely easy.

Last edited:
I was trying with MegaMewtwo / Xerneas / Victini / Slowbro, but I will try your technique with MegaAero / Snubble / Victini ! :D

I've never imagined that I will use a NFE Pokemon in Pokemon Shuffle :D

Someone's looked into the data, and Mega Manectric is evidently exactly the same as Mega Ampharos in terms of Mega ability and even evolution rate.
That's REALLY disappointing

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:(

At least Hitting Streak is a good ability since it adds decent extra damage and has a high activation rate. It's miles better than Dancing Dragons on an Electric-type. However, it won't be worth the power drop till we get more Hitting Streak Pokemon with both super-effective typing against Waters and Flyings, and good base power i.e. base 70. At the moment we only have Chesnaught; it wouldn't be worth it until we get at least one more. Otherwise I rather stick to Ampharos, Shaymin, Zapdos and Chesnaught (or Raikou if you don't have Chesnaught yet like myself).

At this stage, I feel as if I'm only entering for the sake of getting all the Pokemon or for the Mega Speed-Up, and you'll need to use items for a chance for the latter.

Btw Granbull only has base 60.

Amazing :D
Could you use the same account for your phone / 3DS ?

What about the streetpass ? Please, no FB account and ask for lives like Candy Crush or similar games

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Amazing :D
Could you use the same account for your phone / 3DS ?
I am really, really hoping the same account can be used for both. I will literally not download it on my phone if I cannot.

In all honesty, I was surprised that this game wasn't first released on my phone. When I first played it, I kept on thinking how this game was essentially a phone game on a 3DS.

I am also hoping for a few differences between the 3DS game and the phone game. For example. Pokemon on the phone that aren't available on the 3DS, and syncing the phone/3DS game can allow transfer of version exclusive Pokemon from one game to the other. One I really want to see (and also on the 3DS) is the ability to buy Mega stones with jewels (stones for either past event Pokemon or those that you can't obtain on the map) and perhaps also Mega Speed-ups. I couldn't see any on the video sadly other than the map running vertically instead of horizontally which means nothing.

I am really, really hoping the same account can be used for both. I will literally not download it on my phone if I cannot.

In all honesty, I was surprised that this game wasn't first released on my phone. When I first played it, I kept on thinking how this game was essentially a phone game on a 3DS.

I am also hoping for a few differences between the 3DS game and the phone game. For example. Pokemon on the phone that aren't available on the 3DS, and syncing the phone/3DS game can allow transfer of version exclusive Pokemon from one game to the other. One I really want to see (and also on the 3DS) is the ability to buy Mega stones with jewels (stones for either past event Pokemon or those that you can't obtain on the map) and perhaps also Mega Speed-ups. I couldn't see any on the video sadly other than the map running vertically instead of horizontally which means nothing.
My big problem is that the EX stages are going to be significantly less playable without a Stylus on the Mobile Phone version.

That said, cross play might be an interesting way to keep content coming a bit faster. Like, sharing Pokemon and such between the two games, and having one event for mobile and one for 3DS every week or 2. Unlike the retail games, these games being free means there wouldn't be as much of an accessibility barrier for things.

Also, two versions with share play = double Meowth grinding.

Haven't played this game in a while. I feel like it's nearly impossible to unlock the newer EX stages without a lot of dedication. Since I saw there are certain programs that predict certain combinations or something, I lost interest. I still grind Meowth and Amphy every now and then, but idek why..

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Just gave the M-Manectric challenge a whirl, and ranked somewhere in the 7000s, so hopefully that'll solidify my Manectite for the challenge (even if M-Manectric isn't that great).

I'm still trying to speed my way up to Gengar, as well as grab a few more ground types, so once I grab M-gar and friends, I'll give the challenge another go since I want that mega speed-up.

Out of curiosity, for those who qualify for the mega speed-up, do you get that along with the mega start, or is it just the speed-up?

Just gave the M-Manectric challenge a whirl, and ranked somewhere in the 7000s, so hopefully that'll solidify my Manectite for the challenge (even if M-Manectric isn't that great).

I'm still trying to speed my way up to Gengar, as well as grab a few more ground types, so once I grab M-gar and friends, I'll give the challenge another go since I want that mega speed-up.

Out of curiosity, for those who qualify for the mega speed-up, do you get that along with the mega start, or is it just the speed-up?
It's likely going to be just the speedup.

Almost back up to max coins again. Once that happens, I'll take a few serious shots at M-Manectric. I'd done an itemless test run immediately after M-Manectric was available with the intent of coming back later once I replenished my coins for a proper competitive run. My itemless, not even trying (aka sloppy as all hell) run netted a score of 6449. To give you an idea of how little competition there is this time, that mediocre score places me at 46k out of 86k participants (for NA), just out of the range of eligibility. I've also heard that the rank 6k cutoff for the Mega Speedup is surprisingly low.

Also, gamefaqs discussion has been speculating that M-Manectric's mega ability is slightly different from M-Amph's. There is suggestion that whereas Amph's lightning targets random spaces on the way down, that M-Manectric's lightning might move in a set pattern, making it less unpredictable and easier to plan combos around. Of course, this is speculation and we won't know until the stone is available for use.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I only attempted M-Manectric twice itemless and the second run gave me a score of around 11k which places me at 11669 right now.

New update's been made. Lot of new stuff

- New Stages
- More Daily Pokemon
- Once-a-day Jirachi
- Tepig added as a Special

Reddit thread compiling more detailed info here

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Managed to get the mega candy but failed at jirachi today, not really a hard stage so I'm not gonna waste great balls on day 1.
Managed to catch Tepig and Wynaut (yay more useless mons) so now I'm trying to clear the normal stages as my hearts regenerate.

Jirachi (Steel) has 70 BP and Mega Boost+. A 2-turn kill made almost certain with Mega Start and Attack Up will make a Great Ball capture guaranteed. M-Lucario is preferred, but Venusaur, Lopunny and Kangaskhan can fulfill similar roles. Jirachi is once a day like Pinsir, so you probably want to take no chances and just do an item run to secure him before the week is done.

Tepig has 50 BP and Rock Break.

The first daily Pokemon of this set is Wynaut. 30 BP and Stabilize.

M-Manectric's Mega ability IS a non-random lightning bolt, making it a lot more reliable than Ampharos for generating combos. It also Mega Evolves considerably faster.

As for the regular stages. Hippowdon is easy, Weavile is fun and easy, Avalugg hates you, and I hear so do Aegislash and Excadrill.

The Mega at the end of this stretch of regular stages is M-Heracross, whose ability is basically a horizontal version of M-Slowbro's.

Several interesting things have been found in the game data that may be coming sooner rather than later:

Arceus is present, with an unmatched BP of 90 and the ability Double Normal (boosts damage of all Normal types in a combo).

Salamence's data has him listed as Flying type. This is great news, as it means there may be hope for solving the conundrum of Megas for Poison (Beedrill), Ground (Garchomp/Camerupt) and Fairy (Diancie/Gardevoir).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)