Fusion Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool design. I'm still keeping my vote for Miltario because of Scrappy Extremespeed + 105 attack and speed. Its base is better than the mega imo.
Lol, come on man, why would you do that over my child, lopario? You get Scrappy Espeed off of 163 attack, w/ 138 speed... Just sayin... ^_^~/ ̄

Jk- Anyways,

Glalie/Raichu
Lopunny/Lucario
Chomp/Ttar
Beedrill/Flygon
Weavile/Absol

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
You don't want waste a mega slot which you could use on something like Aggrodos. Access to recovery and sr, I guess not the biggest thing but hey. Mainly for the fact that 168 speed and 137 attack with no resistances and +2 priority is incredibly OP and I abstained from voting for the awesome Aggron/Charizard for the exact same reason (it's in fact, less OP). It's just as borked as the Altaria fusions we talked about earlier and the Kangaskhan fusion that had a recoil-less Belly Drum in its base form + Parental Bond (thank god thats not possible due to Kangaskhanite ban).

I know you meant it as a joke but, just putting it out there. I don't like voting for the OP fusions even if they're mine / even if I like 'em. Although I should have just posted Kangasdon and be done with it.

You don't want waste a mega slot which you could use on something like Aggrodos. Access to recovery and sr, I guess not the biggest thing but hey. Mainly for the fact that 168 speed and 137 attack with no resistances and +2 priority is incredibly OP and I abstained from voting for the awesome Aggron/Charizard for the exact same reason (it's in fact, less OP). It's just as borked as the Altaria fusions we talked about earlier and the Kangaskhan fusion that had a recoil-less Belly Drum in its base form + Parental Bond (thank god thats not possible due to Kangaskhanite ban).

I know you meant it as a joke but, just putting it out there. I don't like voting for the OP fusions even if they're mine / even if I like 'em. Although I should have just posted Kangasdon and be done with it.
Yeah, I actually figured as much- I was just givin you a hard time about it

SpartanMalice

I would in fact probably change it to Kangasdon who is bulkier and hits different things super effectively but I'm gonna save it up for the next slate. And on a side note, my Weasol turned out to be unexpectedly popular, heh.

EV

Banned deucer.
Winners

Parents: Weavile + Absol
Shared egg group: Field
Offspring name: Weasol
New type: Dark
New base stats: 77/135/72/70/82/110
New ability and desc: Pressure + Super Luck
Notable moves: Swords Dance, Knock Off, Play Rough, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Taunt, Pursuit, Superpower, Will-o-Wisp, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Ice Punch, Icicle Crash, Low Kick, Poison Jab, Surf
Role identification: Weasol is a terrific attacker, even pre-mega. It's ability is fairly ass, but can be useful in certain situations. However, what is really should be using is it's mega stone, Absolite...

Weasol-Mega:Parents: Weavile + Absol
Shared egg group: *MEGA
Offspring name: Mega Weasol
New type: Dark
New base stats: 77/155/72/110/82/150
New ability and desc: Magic Bounce
Notable moves: Swords Dance, Knock Off, Play Rough, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Taunt, Pursuit, Superpower, Will-o-Wisp, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Ice Punch, Icicle Crash, Low Kick, Poison Jab, Surf
Role identification: This is an insane mon. At 150 speed, with Sucker Punch, this pokemon laughs at Talonflame. It also outspeeds most pokemon, even megas - including the dreaded Archedactyl-mega, and it actually outspeeds Mega Gengar, plus can revenge it anyway with Sucker Punch. Oh and what's more is that this mon can utilize it's wonderful mixed movepool and stats to run something that neither Weavile or Absol did... Nasty Plot. Good luck trying to wall Mega Weasol, it could be running either Nasty Plot or SD, or just straight up run a mixed all out attacking set.

BANNED

Parents: Tyranitar / Garchomp
Shared egg group: Monster
Offspring name: Tyranichomp
New type: Rock / Dragon
New base stats: 114 / 142 / 112 / 97 / 102 / 91
New ability and desc: Sand Aura - Summon Sandstorm and get evasion boost by x1.25 in Sandstorm.
Notable moves: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Ice Beam, Fire Punch, Fire Blast, Thunder Punch, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, Flamethrower, Iron Head.
Role identification: This is more like a Physical Attacker. This thing has very high Attack stats, VERY bulky in both sides, considering it also get Special Defense boost in Sandstorm and get Dragon Dance with a decent Speed. Also gets wide Special coverage if needed to surprise opponent with it. Also no 4x weaknesses, even though it has 6 weaknesses.

Offspring name: (Tyranitarite)
New base stats: 114 / 172 / 152 / 97 / 122 / 101
New ability and desc: Sand Stream
Notable moves: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Ice Beam, Fire Punch, Fire Blast, Thunder Punch, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, Flamethrower, Iron Head.
Role identification: Much more bulk than before. Also has higher Attack and nice 101 Speed.

Offspring name: (Garchompite)
New base stats: 114 / 182 / 132 / 137 / 112 / 81
New ability and desc: Sand Force
Role identification: This is slower, but has higher Attack. One of the most important thing this has is SAND STREAM PRE MEGA THEN SAND FORCE!!! If you remember OU Theorymon in Sand Force Mega Tyranitar's slate, this is pretty much the same.

(inlove)
Parents: Glalie/ Raichu
Shared egg group: Fairy
Offspring Name: Railie (Riley :])
New type: Ice/Electric
New base stats: 80/95/77/95/90/105 (542 BST)
New ability and desc: Static Storm: 30% chance to paralyze the opponent each turn if Hail is active.
Notable Moves: Extreme Speed, Volt Tackle, Icicle Crash, Swords Dance, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, all of pikachus ridiculous movepool, Spikes, Earthquake, Nuzzle, Freeze Dry etc.
Role identification: Fast spikes layer, suicide lead, support, etc. most notably gets stab boltbeam coverage. Again, fairly mediocre, except for its mega.

Parents: Glalie / Raichu
Shared egg group: Fairy
Offspring Name: Mega Railie (Riley :])
New type: Ice/Electric
New base stats: 80/135/77/135/90/125 (642 BST)
New ability and desc: Refrigerate; (same as normal)
Notable Moves: Extreme Speed, Volt Tackle, Swords Dance, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, all of pikachus ridiculous movepool, Spikes, Earthquake, Nuzzle, Freeze Dry, Explosion, etc.
Role identification: Fast spikes layer, suicide lead, most notably Ekiller w/ boltbeam coverage and fridgespeed. Espeed means you should run an adamant nature, as most stuff that you are going to use volt tackle for you will outspeed w/ a neutral nature anyways and 135 isn't that high for a mega, so you really want that power. It gets unresisted coverage between volt tackle, Fridgespeed, and EQ, making it a phenomenal sweeper.

Parents: Charizard and Gyarados
Shared egg group: Dragon
Offspring name: Charatos
New type: Fire/Water
New base stats: 97/115/89/95/103/101
New ability and desc: Dreaded Flames - Gains a 1.5x boost to fire moves on the turn of entry, and lowers opponent's defence on entry.
Notable moves: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Will-o-Wisp, Roost, Defog, Waterfall, Fire Blast, Overheat, Thunderpunch, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Scald, Surf, Ice Beam
Role identification: Much like Eevee's Magmovire, this could function as many things, Mixed attacker (albeit a weaker option), DD, SD, defensive variants with WoW/Scald + Roost. Funnily enough, Gyarados gets Thunderbolt while zard gets Thunderpunch, and now they share that. Also, boltbeam. Lastly, Zard maintains it's primary role as a Dragon Dancer that doesn't care about burn. Has some good resistances to steel and fairy too.

Shared egg group: MEGA
New type:
Fire/Water
New base stats: 97/135/89/145/133/101
New ability and desc: Drought
Notable moves: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Will-o-Wisp, Roost, Defog, Waterfall, Fire Blast, Overheat, Thunderpunch, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Scald, Surf, Ice Beam, Solarbeam
Role identification: Amazing wallbreaker. Though it loses water stab in sun, it has nifty resistances with the typing, including 4x resists to Steel, Fire and Ice. Due to the fact that it gets near equal offenses, it can viably run a physical set as well as a special set, and it has a great 101 speed to boot.

New type:
Fire/Dark
New base stats: 97/145/119/105/133/101
New ability and desc: Mold Breaker
Notable moves: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Will-o-Wisp, Roost, Defog, Waterfall, Fire Blast, Overheat, Thunderpunch, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Scald, Surf, Ice Beam
Role identification: Another excellent stat spread, Fire/Dark is usually a frail typing, but I felt that as there are too many Water/Dark mons, Fire/Dark seemed to be the way to go. Also, it's once again a Dragon Dancer that does not get burned.

New type:
Fire/Dragon
New base stats: 97/161/122/116/103/101
New ability and desc: Tough Claws
Role identification: An incredibly powerful variant of Charizard Mega X, better in pretty much every stat except SpA, which it doesn't need anyway. The additional boost from Dreaded Flames helps it set up as well as dish out heavy damage. There's not much getting in the way of this Eurasian dragon, and it can even run bulky sets just as well.

Parents: Venusaur + Aggron
Offspring Name: Aggrosaur
New type: Grass/Steel
New base stats: 85/106/141/90/90/75 (BST 587)
New ability and desc: Rocky Growth: This Pokemon takes no recoil from moves and the power of moves that would cause recoil increases by 50% when HP is below 33%.
Notable Moves: Synthesis, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Power Whip, Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Role identification: Great Physical Wall, with good defensive typing, reliable recovery, Stealth Rock to set up hazards and Giga Drain for even more recovery. Can use its other STAB options in order to run more of a tank set. It also has two powerful Mega Evolutions that are...

Mega Aggrosaur (Venusaurite)
Offspring Name:
Mega Aggrosaur V
New base stats: 85/124/181/112/110/75 (BST 687)
New ability and desc: Thick Fat
Notable Moves: Synthesis, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Power Whip, Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Role identification: An even greater wall, with insane 85/181/110 defensive stats, reliable recovery, a strong Giga Drain, Leech Seed and a variety of utility moves. Another selling point is access to the Thick Fat ability, providing a resistance to Ice-Types moves and somewhat patching Aggrosaur's weakness to Fire. Its offences are also increased, which again makes a Tank set viable.

Mega Aggrosaur (Aggronite)
Offspring Name:
Mega Aggrosaur A
New base stats: 85/136/191/90/110/75 (BST 687)
New ability and desc: Filter
Notable Moves: Synthesis, Leech Seed, Power Whip, Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rock Polish, Fire Punch
Role identifcation: Another incredible Pokemon, that while bulkier stat-wise than Mega Aggrosaur V, has a lesser ability and more physical attack. Therefore, it can run an even more physically oriented defensive set, or it could use a deadly Rock Polish set to boost its lackluster speed stat while taking a hit due to its fantastic bulk, which is sky-high even when uninvested. It can then use it's amazing 136 attack and high base power STAB and coverage moves to sweep the opposition.

To do:
  1. Analyze these abilities. Are they balanced? *cough*Beegon*cough* Can they be better?
  2. Help me find the best moveset for them based on their new roles. Should it boost its Attack first? Is it a team supporter? Choose wisely: you only have four moves to pick per Pokemon.
  3. Try to guess any checks or counters we might run into later, and if possible, see if one of the other fusions would make a good teammate to get past these counters.
  4. To expand on #3, which of these Pokemon can check/counter the earlier slates? How would they fit together on a team? How would they support each other?

Last edited:
In order as they are listed:

1. Balance

Weasol:
I'd say definitely balanced. It's fast and powerful, but it's also frail. It could defenitely run a swords dance set that would destroy everything once it's checks are gone, but it'd kinda be taking a gamble whenever you play it, though it would definitely be worth it in the hands of a decent player.

Beegon:
Undoubtedly unbalanced. Beedrill is already totally viable in OU, and beegon is just better in every way. Better bulk, faster, better typing, more powerful, etc.. Yeah, were gamefreak to actually make this thing, I would give it a solid week in OU before it was quick banned. Tops. It's just so broken, even w/ all the other powerful threats running around. I think it would be better w/ gliscor over flygon, as it gets greater far better physical bulk at the cost of a minuscule amount of special bulk and even less speed.

Tyranichomp: I'd say possibly (?) balanced, when compared w/ everything else around it. But then again, it would basically destroy literally any wall w/ garchompite. However, other than smashing opposing walls, I'd say garchompite isn't actually that good. Tyranitarite is the one that I think would be the most devastating set. 101 speed, like, are you kidding? It's like it was designed to speed creep. Just enough speed to beat the average speed tier (in OU, I guess, it would def be different here), and freaking Dragon Dance- Garchomp's dream come true. W/ that attack stat too... Gross.

Railie: I'd say this is balanced for a number of reasons, despite its impressive offensive movepool, ability, and great offensive typing. First of all, it's an Ice type, which sucks. Along w/ that, it's parent's stats (a decent indicator of its own stats, relative to the meta) are pretty underwhelming except for speed. However, Fridgespeed + stab boltbeam coverage is awesome, its main stab moves are really powerful as well, and it gets swords dance to let it sweep. Along with its trash defensive typing, it's rather frail, though not terribly so.

Charatos: I can't honestly see Y being that good, as it loses SpA and sun weakens its water stab, which is lame. X, on the other hand, I can guarantee would be solid. Its just a better Char X. Its faster, stronger, and gets TC boosted water coverage, though that's not necessarily your first choice. And it gets 101 Spe too, which is awesome for a dragon dancer. Its base form could be cool too, as it gets great stab coverage.

Aggrosaur: This thing is awesome. Imagine ferro w/ a better ability for a wall/tank, better stats all around, and recovery. That's disgusting. I don't know if there's a lot more I can say than the post already says.

2. Sets (Same order because I don't want to type out the names again)

-I'd say a swords Dance Sweeper w/ knock off, Sucker Punch, and Play Rough, just like absol usually runs, just better, is the best option. That, or an AoA set could be great and really simple too.

-due to the substantial increase in bulk, and by corollary, far lessened weakness to priority, I'd say a swords dance sweeper would be very effective. Earthquake, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Poison jab/Dragon Claw/Knock off(/protect) would be great, with any of the coverage options working depending on the team. It also gets rocks, and could also run a lead set or it could run a hit and run set like beedrill usually does. That would be simpler, imo, but less destructive overall.

-dragon dance sweeper w/ Stone Miss / Dragon Claw / DD / EQ. Its best option would be tyranitarite, as the boosts its speed puts it at an incredible speed tier for a dancer and it's already not lacking in the power department.

- fairly certain this one doesn't need a lot of explaining. Espeed / SD / Volt Tackle / EQ. Adamant, 252 Spe / 252 Atk. Simple enough- set up and kill. However, it does get access to the uncommon spikes, paired with fridge-boosted explosion, making it a great suicide lead. However this wouldn't usually be as good as an Ekiller set.

-*copies and pastes charizard X's offensive DD set...* However, guaradosite could actually be great too, as it would do very well against stall, while retaining Zard X's offense-breaking power. Either way it's run basically the same set, just swapping out crunch over dragon claw and sub/ taunt over EQ.

- there are so many possibilities w/ this thing. Its fast enough for dragon dance (I think aggron can learn it), has an awesome support movepool, it's super bulky w/ great power... the list goes on. I can't really say what would be best, as 1, that completely depends on the archetype, and 2, who knows what all it could run. The options are awesome on this thing.

3. Checks and counters:

-I'll do this later cuz I'm bored.

4. (Question 3, pt 2):

- see question 3.

I wouldn't quickly say that Beegon is broken. It may be, but we got Archeops / Aerodactyl that, when mega with Aerodactylite (if possible), gets 164 Attack, 150 Speed and TOUGH CLAWS HEAD SMASH!!! Also Hawlusharp, which gets +2 Attack and Speed after item is used.

Edit: Also I think Glalite Railie would be better as revenge killer than suicide lead because, well, -atespeed that Super Effective on Beegon, Tyranichomp, Hawlusharp and Archedactyl.

Last edited:
I wouldn't quickly say that Beegon is broken. It may be, but we got Archeops / Aerodactyl that, when mega with Aerodactylite (if possible), gets 164 Attack, 150 Speed and TOUGH CLAWS HEAD SMASH!!! Also Hawlusharp, which gets +2 Attack and Speed after item is used.
Um, but that's actually less attack and speed, and it's only contact stab basically kills it in a single hit (not literally, for the most part, but against bulky stuff it would. And it doesn't get swords dance, so, while it would be a great cleaner, it wouldn't function as well until late-game.

Lets take Riley out for some testing...

Railie @ Glalite
Static Storm -> Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
252 Att / 4 def / 252 Spe
-Fake Out / Explosion
-Extreme Speed
-Volt Tackle
-Earthquake / Explosion

This is your all out Railie. Bringing instant power to the table. Works as a revenger, wallbreaker, and it has its uses in double battles. Explosion is if you want its hail to explode out of its body (dramatic effect) but it will severely dent anything not resistant to it. Most are OHKOed by it.

Railie @ Glalite
Hasty Nature
4 Att / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Extreme Speed / Fake Out

Rain Railie. Thunder and surf abuse the rain and it can also dispose the dragons that usually give rain teams trouble. Also good in singles or doubles. One could opt for nasty plot in the last moveslot, but you will have to make sure its checks have been dealt with.

Railie @Glalite
Adamant Nature
252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Volt Tackle / Wild Charge
-Earthquake

It says it has access to swords dance but I don't see how. Is it a 3rd gen move tutor or an event move? They surely don't learn it via tm. Anyway it is straightforward. Take advantage of the strongest priority in the game and boost its strength with swords dance.

Non mega sets are probably best suited for disrupting the opponent with moves such as Knock off, nuzzle, encore, wish, and its ability.

The sprite could look like Glalie except the ice is orange-yellow, it has a raichu tail and raichu ears :)

Lets take Riley out for some testing...

Railie @ Glalite
Adamant Nature
252 Att / 4 def / 252 Spe
-Fake Out / Explosion
-Extreme Speed
-Volt Tackle
-Earthquake / Explosion

This is your all out Railie. Bringing instant power to the table. Works as a revenger, wallbreaker, and it has its uses in double battles. Explosion is if you want its hail to explode out of its body (dramatic effect) but it will severely dent anything not resistant to it. Most are OHKOed by it.

Railie @ Glalite
Hasty Nature
4 Att / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Extreme Speed / Fake Out

Rain Railie. Thunder and surf abuse the rain and it can also dispose the dragons that usually give rain teams trouble. Also good in singles or doubles. One could opt for nasty plot in the last moveslot, but you will have to make sure its checks have been dealt with.

Railie @Glalite
Adamant Nature
252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Volt Tackle / Wild Charge
-Earthquake

It says it has access to swords dance but I don't see how. Is it a 3rd gen move tutor or an event move? They surely don't learn it via tm. Anyway it is straightforward. Take advantage of the strongest priority in the game and boost its strength with swords dance.

Non mega sets are probably best suited for disrupting the opponent with moves such as Knock off, nuzzle, encore, wish, and its ability.

The sprite could look like Glalie except the ice is orange-yellow, it has a raichu tail and raichu ears :)
Unfortunately, most of those sets aren't possible. Surf, Espeed, and fake out are all from different events, so you can't run them together. Also, idk about glalie, but raichu has swords dance from tm, and it also gets nasty plot, for special sets.

Well, considering all these are new pokes with new movepools, maybe consider legalizing all possible moves? That way, there won't be any event issues from Railie.

Well, considering all these are new pokes with new movepools, maybe consider legalizing all possible moves? That way, there won't be any event issues from Railie.
Their moves are supposed to come from breeding though, is the problem. I could see them learning their parents level up / tm moves regularly, but not combining events. I'm not in charge though, it just wouldn't make sense to me.

I assumed it could learn the event moves regardless. According to the rules it says the fusionmon has access to both parents' moves. There doesn't seem to be any specific limitations.

However there was a question I had way back in the 2nd or 3rd submission phase that went unanswered. I was asking that since the introduction says 2 moves from both parents would it mean it can only use 2 egg moves from each parent. The question I would think is relevant right now because event moves might work in the manner of "egg moves".

And uh http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/026.shtml it says that Raichu doesn't have access to swords dance. It might be a typo if someone can show me otherwise.

I assumed it could learn the event moves regardless. According to the rules it says the fusionmon has access to both parents' moves. There doesn't seem to be any specific limitations.

However there was a question I had way back in the 2nd or 3rd submission phase that went unanswered. I was asking that since the introduction says 2 moves from both parents would it mean it can only use 2 egg moves from each parent. The question I would think is relevant right now because event moves might work in the manner of "egg moves".

And uh http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/026.shtml it says that Raichu doesn't have access to swords dance. It might be a typo if someone can show me otherwise.
Huh. I can't find anything that actually suggests that either of them get it. I'm sorry guys, I'm a filthy liar. Ignore me...

SpartanMalice

Yeah I checked, neither of them have access to Swords Dance. One gimmicky option I could see is Super Fang, which Glalie learns. Neither get hyper voice either, despite Glalie's mouth being wide open in mega form.

Though I guess Raichu gets Uproar so that's something. But Ice Beam is better as ice is a bad STAB to be locked into.

Well, Tyranichomp has a niche of being the BULKIEST SPECIAL WALL IN EXISTANCE. If you don't want to waste a mega on Tyranichomp (or you're bored of the DD set), you can give it Assault Vest instead, invest in HP/SpD and see how much bulk this thing has.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranichomp in Sand: 109-130 (25.2 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 177-208 (27.5 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Yeah, it can be bulkier than standard Chansey.

Edit: Btw, Jolly Mega Beegon outspeeds Tyranichomp after DD. Jolly Beegon's max Speed is 476 while Jolly Tyranichomp's max Speed is 309. After a DD, it'll become 463. 476>463, so yeah, Beegon outspeeds.

Last edited:
Also Hawlusharp, which gets +2 Attack and Speed after item is used.
I don't know if anything was actually done about this, but I think in the discussion after Hawlusharp was made we thought it might be a better idea if Armour Cast was toned down to +1 Atk/Spe for balance. But again, I'm not sure if we actually agreed to change it to make it less powerful.

Regardless, here's Weasol:

Weasol @ Absolite
Pressure + Super Luck (Magic Bounce)
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Play Rough

A standard Swords Dance set, aiming to get off a Swords Dance and then tear massive holes in opposing teams. Magic Bounce means that it can easily force an enemy wall out to create a turn to use Swords Dance. Knock Off is the main attack, dealing massive damage at +2 thanks to STAB an removing an opponent's item. Sucker Punch works better against Mega Evolutions, Talonflame and other priority users, outspeeding them and hitting for almost as much as Knock Off (when the opponent has an item). I chose Play Rough as the final move to hit the Dark- and Fighting- Types that resist Weasol's STAB super effectively, and to be able to hit Fairy-Types neutrally. I chose Adamant nature for more power, as thanks to Sucker Punch + 150 Base Speed, little outspeeds it anyway and what does can be hit with Sucker Punch. As for checks and counters, these include Klefki, who thanks to its Fairy/Steel typing can take any of Weasol's attacks with ease and then proceed to set up Dual Screens or retaliate with Play Rough for Super effective damage. Another counter is physically defensive Clefable (with Unaware) as it cannot even be 3HKO'd by any of Weasol's moves and can, again, hit for massive damage with STAB Moonblast. Good fusions to partner with Weasol to beat these walls would be Mamodrill to beat Klefki with its Ground STAB while being immune to Thunder Wave and Dragon to beat Clefable with its Poison STAB.

SpartanMalice

Also, MaestroDeSWAG , what do you mean it loses SpA? I guess yeah, it's weaker than Standard Mega-Charizard Y, but Mega Zard Y values its fire attacks more so than its flying attacks (obv), but Charatos Y is also hindered less by Stealth Rock, and has a decent bunch of resistances:

Fire/Water:
Weaknesses: Electric, Ground, Rock
Resistances: Bug, Fairy, Fire, Ice, Steel
Immunities: None

Fire/Flying:
Weaknesses: Electric, Rock, Water
Resistances: Bug, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Steel
Immunities: Ground

With 97/89/133 SpD, I can see it running a set with Will O Wisp effectively, which is something I've seen early variants of both Mega Zards do in XY. Agreed that losing its water stab is a pain, though. Standard form has an advantage in that regard (maybe it could run BD+Salac+Sub?).

So let's get more into Weasol's sets.

Weasol @ Absolite
Ability: Peer Pressure (Pressure + Super Luck)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast / Fire Blast / Thunderbolt

Coverage for Dark + Fighting + Ice:
Super Effective: Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel
Neutral: Bug, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Poison, Water

Coverage for Dark + Ice + Fire:
Super Effective: Bug, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Psychic, Steel
Neutral: Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Normal, Poison, Rock, Water

Coverage for Dark + Ice + Electric:
Super Effective: Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Psychic, Water
Neutral: Bug, Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel

Yes, we all know it can run Swords Dance sets effectively, and it is definitely far more monstrous with those those, but its decent SpA shouldn't be ignored. Weavile had Nasty Plot, but its low SpA means it never had an use for it. Enter Mega Weasol's 110 SpA, and Absol's fantastic movepool. Fire and Fighting are the best coverage options, although bolt is more reliable. This takes care of its usual checks, as they'll be expecting physical Weasol. Admittedly, better coverage can be achieved if not using dark, but it's STAB so that's important. Likely outclassed by a Swords Dance, but still a nice niche!

Last edited:
I find Mega-Beegon very broken. It has 165 base attack, and if that wasn't scary enough, it gets Adaptability to double it's STAB's! It also has 167 base speed meaning outspeeding it will be quite difficult, along with the fact that it looses it's SR weakness through it's new typing. New coverage options means it has a STAB Earthquake and Fire Punch to beat it's checks, I agree with Maestro's idea that instead of Flygon, give it a Gliscor fusion. If it had not had adaptability Mega-Beegon would have been fine, but Adaptability pushes it over the limit.

I am slightly confused as to how fusing Beedrill with Gliscor over Flygon is supposed to nerf it/make it more balanced.
Mega Beegon: 82/165/70/42/90/167
Mega Beedrill + Gliscor: 80/162/92/25/87/165

Fusing with Gliscor dosen't decrease power or speed by that much, and even though it loses Fire Punch, it can still use Fire Fang if it really needs to beat Skarmory, or it could just have Magnezone as a team mate. Gliscor also increases physical bulk, making it harder to beat with common priority such as Talonflame or Bullet Punch.

Edit: As a side I do agree it might be an idea to swap Adaptability on the mega for the base form's ability to make it more balanced.

I'll theorymon some sets for Tyranichomp.

Tyranichomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Aura (Sand Stream + Sand Veil) -> Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head/Draco Meteor

Tyranichomp @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Aura (Sand Stream + Sand Veil) -> Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake/Dragon Claw
- Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

For Garchompite, no need for other move, because that's like the only moves that got Sand Force boost. Tyranitarite can run Adamant because of its high Speed, though Jolly is probably preferable. Draco Meteor might be needed if Intimidate pokes give you headache *cough*Landorus T*cough* and to break walls with high Physical bulk but low Special bulk (Hippowdon).

Tyranitarite have more options because it doesn't need to pay attention to Sand Force, though Garchompite can run them too. Tyranitarite might perform better than Garchompite against offensive teams because it's faster and bulkier, while Garchompite might be better vs defensive teams.

Tyranichomp @ Leftovers/Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Aura (Sand Stream + Sand Veil)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD (idk a better spread, need suggestions)
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock/Power-up Punch (depending on item)
- Thunder Wave/Ice Punch (depending on item)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is more like a defensive variation of Tyranichomp. Because of the Sandstorm boost, this thing has a huge special bulk that you can't pass up, especially with no 4x weakness. You can choose Assault Vest over Leftovers if you want an extra Special bulk in exchange of the ability to set up rocks and annoy opponent with Thunder Wave, paralyzing them.

Lemme theorymon a Toxic Stall set for Aggrosaur...

Aggrosaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Rocky Growth -> Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

I can see this being a very annoying set on Aggrosaur. You may be wondering why I'm investing so much in defense, since its physical defense is already incredible. Well, let's look at the types that deal either neutral or SE damage:

SE:
Fire
Fighting

Neutral:
Ground
Flying
Bug
Ghost
Dark

Of those seven types, four (Fighting, Ground, Flying and Dark) are mostly physically- oriented when it comes to offense. Overall, I think this set gives it the most survivability.

Anyway... this is a pretty standard Toxic stall set. Aggrosaur's bulk and its wide slew of resistances make it a very tenacious foe, so I think a Toxic stall set is more than viable on it. Giga Drain is on there to supplement its recovery and prevent it from being total Taunt bait.

PS: May I reserve something now?

SpartanMalice

I am slightly confused as to how fusing Beedrill with Gliscor over Flygon is supposed to nerf it/make it more balanced.
Even fusing with Ledian gives it stats of 70/132/55/30/105/160 post mega. Heck, merging with Trapinch gives it the same attack and typing as Flygon but with 122 speed in mega, it is indeed slow in its base form at 52 Spe, but due to Arena Trap and protect, it can easily solve that problem just as well. With ninjask it gets 155 attack and a ridiculous 197 speed, with 127 in its base and Speed Boost prior to mega. Gligar gives 147 attack 160 speed. Beautifly and Dustox are more or less the same as regular Mega Beedrill (so redundant, or worse in the case of Beautifly which loses its poison typing. Mothim gives it 157 attack and 150 speed. All the wormadams make it bulkier at the cost of slightly less speed (135). If it merges with Volc, the base form is 85/80/62/100/102/97. Losing nothing while gaining bulk, more speed, and even viable 100 SpA to use Quiver Dance if it feels ballsy enough in the base form (I mean adaptability boost still helps at 70 SpA non mega, but the additional speed, bulk and same attack isn't helping, especially if it can run fire moves for coverage even though they hit less hard). I don't even need to get into Esca, Scoli, Galvantula, Accelgor, Durant, Drapion, Pinsir (Aerilate), Heracross (another mega option, HIGH attack), Crustle (Shell Smash + defences and actually higher attack). Leavany makes it quite powerful as well. I actually like Beedrill + Shuckle though, that was decently powerful, but not totally borked, and it has a rather predictable movepool. Despite Shell Smash, it can be somewhat balanced.

Simply put, Beedrillite is borked, way more than Lucarionite should be. +60 attack and +70 speed on a bad pokemon plus Adaptability gave it viability in OU, hindered only by its predictability. These fusions don't care. They are either faster, bulkier, more powerful or all of em, thereby fixing the regular fusion's flaws, easily. Lucarionite was only banned due to it being banned in OU. Here, Beedrillite is far more borked as it has way more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)