Fusion Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Even fusing with Ledian gives it stats of 70/132/55/30/105/160 post mega. Heck, merging with Trapinch gives it the same attack and typing as Flygon but with 122 speed in mega, it is indeed slow in its base form at 52 Spe, but due to Arena Trap and protect, it can easily solve that problem just as well. With ninjask it gets 155 attack and a ridiculous 197 speed, with 127 in its base and Speed Boost prior to mega. Gligar gives 147 attack 160 speed. Beautifly and Dustox are more or less the same as regular Mega Beedrill (so redundant, or worse in the case of Beautifly which loses its poison typing. Mothim gives it 157 attack and 150 speed. All the wormadams make it bulkier at the cost of slightly less speed (135). If it merges with Volc, the base form is 85/80/62/100/102/97. Losing nothing while gaining bulk, more speed, and even viable 100 SpA to use Quiver Dance if it feels ballsy enough in the base form (I mean adaptability boost still helps at 70 SpA non mega, but the additional speed, bulk and same attack isn't helping, especially if it can run fire moves for coverage even though they hit less hard). I don't even need to get into Esca, Scoli, Galvantula, Accelgor, Durant, Drapion, Pinsir (Aerilate), Heracross (another mega option, HIGH attack), Crustle (Shell Smash + defences and actually higher attack). Leavany makes it quite powerful as well. I actually like Beedrill + Shuckle though, that was decently powerful, but not totally borked, and it has a rather predictable movepool. Despite Shell Smash, it can be somewhat balanced.

Simply put, Beedrillite is borked, way more than Lucarionite should be. +60 attack and +70 speed on a bad pokemon plus Adaptability gave it viability in OU, hindered only by its predictability. These fusions don't care. They are either faster, bulkier, more powerful or all of em, thereby fixing the regular fusion's flaws, easily. Lucarionite was only banned due to it being banned in OU. Here, Beedrillite is far more borked as it has way more options.
That is a good understandment. Good thing it's not like Mergemons with Lucario and Beedrill being able to be fused together. Combine it with it's stats following the FusEvo formula and the Beedrillite, that thing would be like the most broken mega in the entire metagame.

I don't even need to get into Esca, Scoli, Galvantula, Accelgor, Durant, Drapion, Pinsir (Aerilate), Heracross (another mega option, HIGH attack)
Adaptability Megahorn off of 177 base attack. That's really all that needs to be said about that.

I am slightly confused as to how fusing Beedrill with Gliscor over Flygon is supposed to nerf it/make it more balanced.
Mega Beegon: 82/165/70/42/90/167
Mega Beedrill + Gliscor: 80/162/92/25/87/165

Fusing with Gliscor dosen't decrease power or speed by that much, and even though it loses Fire Punch, it can still use Fire Fang if it really needs to beat Skarmory, or it could just have Magnezone as a team mate. Gliscor also increases physical bulk, making it harder to beat with common priority such as Talonflame or Bullet Punch.

Edit: As a side I do agree it might be an idea to swap Adaptability on the mega for the base form's ability to make it more balanced.
I wasn't saying it'd make it more balanced; the last part of the question asks what could make it better. And I think 22 more defense makes it better despite the decrease in speed and attack, and even special defense.

Also, MaestroDeSWAG , what do you mean it loses SpA? I guess yeah, it's weaker than Standard Mega-Charizard Y, but Mega Zard Y values its fire attacks more so than its flying attacks (obv), but Charatos Y is also hindered less by Stealth Rock, and has a decent bunch of resistances:

Fire/Water:
Weaknesses: Electric, Ground, Rock
Resistances: Bug, Fairy, Fire, Ice, Steel
Immunities: None

Fire/Flying:
Weaknesses: Electric, Rock, Water
Resistances: Bug, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Steel
Immunities: Ground

With 97/89/133 SpD, I can see it running a set with Will O Wisp effectively, which is something I've seen early variants of both Mega Zards do in XY. Agreed that losing its water stab is a pain, though. Standard form has an advantage in that regard (maybe it could run BD+Salac+Sub?).

So let's get more into Weasol's sets.

Weasol @ Absolite
Ability: Peer Pressure (Pressure + Super Luck)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast / Fire Blast / Thunderbolt

Coverage for Dark + Fighting + Ice:
Super Effective: Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel
Neutral: Bug, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Poison, Water

Coverage for Dark + Ice + Fire:
Super Effective: Bug, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Psychic, Steel
Neutral: Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Normal, Poison, Rock, Water

Coverage for Dark + Ice + Electric:
Super Effective: Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Psychic, Water
Neutral: Bug, Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel

Yes, we all know it can run Swords Dance sets effectively, and it is definitely far more monstrous with those those, but its decent SpA shouldn't be ignored. Weavile had Nasty Plot, but its low SpA means it never had an use for it. Enter Mega Weasol's 110 SpA, and Absol's fantastic movepool. Fire and Fighting are the best coverage options, although bolt is more reliable. This takes care of its usual checks, as they'll be expecting physical Weasol. Admittedly, better coverage can be achieved if not using dark, but it's STAB so that's important. Likely outclassed by a Swords Dance, but still a nice niche!
I was just referring to regular Zard Y. It gains a tiny bit of speed, which is awesome, but I just think X sounds more functional. Especially when it's taking up your mega slot.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
I agreed with Eevee General that Beedrillite should be banned. You better be careful when you try to fuse next time.

If you want to ban Bedrillite, you should cross out Beegon from the list and nominate another fusionmon candidate, because some people (including me, yeah, I admit) choose Beegon because of the mega. Maybe do a revoting?

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I'm in favour of a revoting. It's the reason we wanted to bring up Beedrillite in the first place, I'll ask Eevee about it and get back to you guys.

Also, the person who fused Beedrill and Flygon in the first place had done it to prove how OP it was, judging by the description he had posted.

Honestly, I don't think we should revote, I'd say just make beedrilite banned from now on. That's simpler and I don't like looking back when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I think we should revote, because without Beedrillite, the current Beegon is just unviable, and I and some people here wouldn't have voted Beegon in the first place if it wasn't for Beedrillite. It's like another Wailcatty without Beedrillite, and I don't want that.

SpartanMalice

I was never too good a those team rocket ish things that Eevee used to do in this thread, and they're kind of his thing anyway. So I'll get straight to the point.

The General has spoken. As a result of Beedrillite being too powerful for this metagame, it has been banned. I discussed it with him and he said the other winners stay. So for now, we're gonna select from a pool of mons to replace Beedrill / Flygon. As per The Reptile's request Beedrill / Shuckle has also been removed.

You know the drill.

Aegislash / Crustle (JungleB)
Lucario / Miltank (SpartanMalice)
Medicham / Alakazam (MegaGallade)
Marowak / Kangaskhan (Ticktock)
Staraptor / Aerodactyl (everybody)
Tyranitar / Rhyperior (S0L1D G0LD)
Lucario / Luxray (Blumenwitz)
Sylveon / Miltank (Blumenwitz)
Pidgeot / Noivern (Blumenwitz)
Tyranitar / Aurorus (Blumenwitz)
Ampharos / Slowbro (The Reptile)
Altaria / Hydreigon (Stitch98)
Banette / Gallade (Cretacerus)
Hippowdon / Granbull (Stitch98)
Camerupt / Vaporeon (The Reptile)
Slaking / Lopunny (InfernapeTropius11)
Bisharp / Electivire (zerobreaker000)
Clawitzer / Walrein (zerobreaker000)
Togekiss / Mandibuzz (Phione)
Skuntank / Mamoswine (zerobreaker000)
Garbodor / Klefki (Blumenwitz)
Toxicroak / Sableye (The Reptile)
Audino / Blissey (everybody)
Blastoise / Greninja (SpartanMalice)
Ninjask / Heracross (Ticktock)
Tauros / Lucario (rhydreigon)
Honchkrow / Swoobat (Ticktock)
Blastoise / Aggron (Stitch98)
Scizor / Flygon (Stitch98)
Lopunny / Camerupt (Stitch98)
Lucario / Magmortar (everybody)
Rampardos / Sceptile (ticktock)
Ampharos / Camerupt (S0L1D G0LD)
Pidgeot / Altaria (ticktock) (last submission)
Lopunny / Lucario (MaestroDeSwag)
Salamence / Dragonite (MaestroDeSwag)
Carracosta / Barbaracle ( Spin Da (Pig) )
Volcarona / Venomoth (xDOOMx)
Blaziken / Houndoom (Spin Da (Pig) )
Alakazam / Lucario (rhydreigon)
Swampert / Sceptile (SpartanMalice)
Sceptile / Salamence (Chopin Alkaninoff)
Swampert / Quagsire (Chopin Alkaninoff)
Salamence / Scrafty (xDOOMx)
Swellow / Togekiss (xDOOMx)
Aggron / Charizard (InfernapeTropius11)
Garchomp / Charizard (InfernapeTropius11)
Blastoise / Slowbro (InfernapeTropius11)
Vaporeon / Arcanine (InfernapeTropius11)

My vote goes to Swampert / Sceptile.

Alternative 4:

Blastoise / Greninja
Garchomp / Charizard
Sceptile / Salamence
Togekiss / Mandibuzz (tough choice between this and Swagsire).

Edit: Since it has been brought up, and previously discussed - after the revoting, we will decide on Armour Cast's functionality. A lot of people wanted it lowered to a +1/+1 boost rather than +2/+2, so there.

Last edited:
Ampharos / Slowbro
Edit:
Blastoise / Greninja
Swampert / Sceptile
Alakazam / Lucario
Toxicroak / Sableye

PS: Also, first guy to get a Fusionmon (and a mega stone) banned, so that's a thing. At least I still have my Aggrosaur and Joltlord.

Last edited:
Aggron / Blastoise I like it too much. I think it's even more interesting than Aggrosaur, so I want to try it.
My other 4 votes:
Sceptile / Rampardos
Altaria / Hydreigon
Lopunny / Camerupt
Toxicroak/ Sableye

SpartanMalice

I guess I could discuss that chopin, but since I can't confirm now (it's pretty late), if you guys wish you can edit in your other 4 votes and we'll decide on whether they count or not later. I do like the idea, but I feel it may be a little confusing. The general decides.

Okay. If it's only one, my vote goes to Medicham / Alakazam
If it's five, the other four votes go to
Pidgeot / Noivern
Altaria / Hydreigon
Sceptile / Salamence
Edit: Lopunny / Lucario

Last edited:
My first vote goes to altaria/hydriegon
alternative 4 can be

tauros/lucario
garbador/klefki
lucario/milktank
volcarona/venomoth

caps button no work :c

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Beegon Replacement: Garbordor / Klefki
Other 4:
Togekiss / Mandibuzz
Honchkrow / Swoobat
Sceptile / Salamence
Ampharos / Slowbro

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
  1. Banette / Gallade
  2. Ampharos / Camerupt
  3. Blastoise / Greninja
  4. Rampardos / Sceptile
  5. Slaking / Lopunny

canno

formerly The Reptile
Ampharos / Slowbro

Alternate 4

Blastoise / Greninja
Camerupt / Vaporeon
Ampharos / Camerupt
Garchomp / Charizard

SpartanMalice

Parents: Pidgeot / Altaria
Shared egg group: Flying
Offspring name: Pidaria
New type: Normal/Dragon
New base stats: 89 / 85 / 93 / 80 / 98 / 101 (BST: 546)
New ability and desc: Nature Watch -- The users cannot have it's accuracy lowered and has it's status conditions when switched out.
Notable moves: Dragon Pulse, Moonblast, Hyper Voice, Roost, Dragon Claw, Return, Heal Bell, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Brave Bird, U-turn
Role identification: It could be a bulky Dragon Dance user, but it is almost outclassed by every Dragon Dance user, even if it has a good type. It does have 2 Megas....

Offspring name: Mega Pidaria Normal
New type: Normal/Dragon
New base stats: 89 / 85 / 98 / 145 / 108 / 121 (BST: 646)
New ability and desc: No Guard
Notable moves: Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Hurricane, Hyper Voice, Draco Meteor, Ice Beam, Roost, U-turn, Hidden Power
Role identification: A powerhouse of a dragon type, it boastes a large speed and special attack,and boosts a good coverage movepool including a Normal type STAB. Too bad it still lacks much of a special movepool.

Offspring name: Mega Pidaria Fairy
New type: Fairy/Dragon
New base stats: 89 / 125 / 113 / 120 / 98 / 101 (BST: 646)
New ability and desc: Pixilate
Notable moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Hurricane, Brave Bird, Dragon Dance, Fire Blast, Roost, Heal Bell, Ice Beam, Return, Hyper Voice, Draco Meteor, U-turn
Role identification: In short, equipping Altarite takes what the original does, and improves it in every manner. Increased bulk allows tanking of stronger hits, and the higher offensive stats makes it more threatening as an attacker, or even a pivot, thanks to access to U-turn.

I've just noticed this. Altarianite replaces your secondary type, not your primary. So either change this to Normal/Fairy or Dragon/Fairy (which wouldn't make a difference with the others), as it's incorrect.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Pidgeot / Noivern
Vaporeon / Arcanine (I HAVE ART FOR THIS!!!!!)
Blastoise / Greninja
Slaking / Lopunny (my first submission, you guys should vote for it imo o3o)
Lucario / Luxray

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)