NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay tag me when you guys want me to vote for Haunted Diamond. Or alternatively a Deadline is set and the Lynch goes through.

I however feel DLE is the better Lynch, Why?

- We all know Haunted is 70 - 80% mafia.
- Haunted wants DLE to be protected along with Ultraspot.
- Ultraspot is understandable as most of us have him as Town Read.
- DLE's name crops out of nowhere.
- Either we agree that Haunted Diamond is a super smart scum, who is trying to put some Gunk on townies before going, or it is definitely a slip.
- DLE has been acting scummy too, with his inactivity and sporadic posts. His only meaningful posts coming after some light is shed on why he must be scum.

- IF DLE is part of a scum team with haunted Diamond, then taking him out cripples one of the Scum Teams.

This is also good to the other scum team, as they will not have to worry about any backslash by DLE on them after Haunted's Lynch goes through. As atleast one scum is voting for Haunted Diamond IMO.

Tl;dr, DLE's lynch is better for Scums and the most effective Lynch for us. Haunted's Lynch is the safer option, but DLE's kill would be more effective against Townies on N1.

Haunted's kill can easily be predicted by our doc and nullified.

Unvote
Lynch Da Letter El

*Sorry that you are scum in this DLE :(

Haunted's slip of his partner
In a butteredtoast-and his salty posts about me-free world, I'd strongly advocate an Unclesam and Celever lynch. Both scream scum to me. Also, town should take a long hard look at Spiffy and Pokeguy. The doc should also be on Ultraspot or maybe DLE tonight. And uh please re-read my posts after I die/get subbed out.
But that world doesn't exist and I don't have the nerve to deal with Butteredtoast's attitude again for the rest of the game so i'm still gonna sub out. Yeah, that's what made me lose interest in the game.
ButteredToast Yeti Walrein Spiffy acidphoenix UltrasPlot Cancerous PokeguyNXB (In no particular order)

Da Letter El your lynch on me makes absolutely no sense given the "reasoning" you provided. Your whole post revolves around disliking the Haunted Diamond lynch, and does not ONCE justify why you voted for me. I know you are perfectly capable of articulating your scum reads, but you have yet to elaborate on why you think I am scum, and you still pass on that opportunity when you vote for me.

Even the post that makes you REALLY like my lynch didn't focus on the similarity of Haunted Diamond's play to Fallout like you mentioned. I made it explicitly clear that the sudden change in his scumreads to include Pokeguy happened to occur after Pokeguy received two more votes was what convinced me. I only touched on his play style similarities briefly in response to his most recent posts.

You have some explaining to do young man! I know you can do better than this.
That's not scummy. Seriously what's wrong with being the third person to apply pressure to 2 people? And instead of manipulating facts, point out how US had asked me to post my opinion on Pokeguy before voting him.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
To those saying that my contribution has declined over the course of the day (UncleSam, Spiffy) that's because there's nothing left to talk about. The only person new points are being brought up about is with me, everything else is just repeating things, besides Gale and Ultrasplot acting scummy and making randomly obscure posts like the one at the top of this page by Gale. If there was something to contribute over I totally would, but I can't find anything and I've shared my thoughts on all the players in the game at this point.

Am I the only one that feels like right now we're needlessly stalling and nothing useful is coming from this? It could well be better to just end the day, because I don't think the host is going to provide a deadline unless we all stop posting.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think people should lynch Haunted Diamond and end the day. I've said all I need to say and I've seen all I feel will be helpful at this point.

Gale's post is nonsensical - he says there is a '70-80% chance of HD scum' and then suggests...lynching DLE? On the assumption that A. DLE is HD's partner (questionable at best), B. DLE cannot speak to HD after death, AND C. DLE will make a sufficiently stronger kill choice than HD will that it justifies the additional risk of lynching him first. This is utter craziness.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Yeah i agree, this day is dragging out, hopefully those of you with night actions don't drag night out too, i'll die of boredom. Waiting for at least 3 more people other than myself to say we should end it, just to ensure that at least 1 townie (other than myself) actually wants this, cause at this point anyone could still be mafia, so i just wanna be careful

Da Letter El said:
"~And now to go elsewhere, nothing to see here folks, definitely shouldn't lynch him but I'm going to disapprove of his post to show I REALLY MEAN IT when i say that my partner is scummy so that you don't tie us together~"
Have fun lynching based solely on your associative theories this early. See how far that gets you. Seriously what could I possibly say to you here that would convince you otherwise? You're pulling a Gale and going into your read with preconceptions that have no basis on Day 1.

Da Letter El said:
Throwaway read that doesn't add anything. You're better than that too.
Why did you get this impression? At least I had the courtesy of explaining why your vote was terrible. If this read is just "throwaway" then half the reads in this game are too. You didn't call those out.

Da Letter El said:
Please tell me I'm not the only person this set off alarm bells with. It felt so forced to throw in the "DLE is right on one thing" part that it makes it feel as though the post was made solely to support the push on HD rather than the scumhunt of whether he's scum or not and reframes the above evidence in such a way that it seems to push said agenda instead of trying to find a mafia.
The purpose of that post WAS to push a lynch on HD. I have never denied that. I explained to everyone questioning the lynch the thing that convinced me of his scuminess. Like I said, last game I had the mafias all pegged at some point and never followed through on any of them. I don't plan on making that mistake in this game. As for scumhunting, I have commented on everything that I have noticed. A lot of this last part of the day has consisted of back-and-forths that really have no grounds until someone flips (the Yeti/HD connection, the associative arguments Gale and Ultrasplot keep using that aren't logically accurate, etc.) so there's not much more to say.

Also you said you thought I was scummy before the post of mine you quoted, so you need to explain what gave you that impression at that time too.

I seriously hope people don't just ignore Da Letter El's baseless accusations against me. They are reminiscent of von's hate boner for me last game when he was mafia, always trying to discredit me when I was basically clean (that's not the case right now but still) with really bad logic. I could definitely see mafia Dale pushing this just so he can have an original thought on Day 1. His defense of HD reads more to me as a mafia trying to fight for what he thinks could be a mislynch (I think HD is on the other mafia) than him actually believing in HD's towniness. I got you pegged man sorry. <3

acidphoenix I've seen you view the thread at least five times over the past 24 hours and you haven't posted anything. Please do so.

Haunted Diamond said:
That's not scummy. Seriously what's wrong with being the third person to apply pressure to 2 people? And instead of manipulating facts, point out how US had asked me to post my opinion on Pokeguy before voting him
It's the fact that literally a few posts up the page Pokeguy wasn't on your radar at all, and once two people voted for him and it seemed like it was a possibility he could be lynched instead of you, you seemed to just drop your previous scumreads. UncleSam asking you about Pokeguy is irrelevant to this.

I would be cool with ending this day as long as people look into Da Letter El more tomorrow. I would like to hear from acidphoenix but I'm not holding my breath.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
yeah this isn't going anywhere and no one is even commenting on my spiffy read, I'll hammer in an hour or so when i get back

BG should be on someone who is either "obvious town" or "moderately town but helpful to the village."

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I want to see what this guy flips cause I have an hour and a half drive home so

Lynch haunted diamond

Discussion has otherwise stagnated and we won't see more good insight until tomorrow.

Okay first of all requesting The Diabolic Gift for an extension until folks answer this.

UltrasPlot I think I know why the town is behaving this way. You see as we are new players we neither have the experience and nor the heavy load of reputation riding on our backs. We see each game with a fresh perspective and are able to give strong opinions about scums.

But these experienced players are so afraid of making mistakes, that they don't take any risky calls. Instead want to play the safest and the most secure plays, even if they know deep within their heart that their play sucks.

And why is that so? Because if they end up mislynching. Then they can blame it on the other player. For example: In this case it was Haunted Diamond's stupendously scummy plays that got him killed. This is a good reason to hide under, and thus the experienced players don't lose any reputation.

Now why is this bloody reputation so important? Because when the come forward to lead as Town Leaders, or Scum Leader or Factional Leaders. Then their thoughts would automatically be respected, acknowledged and followed.

We as new players don't care about this reputation, and that is why our thinking is more focused and with Clarity.

----

Anyways tl;dr, experienced players sucked arse on Day 1 with Haunted's Lynch. Now I want you guys to give the Noobs a shot, and sit back or follow us on the next lynch (Unless you see some glaring flaws with our strategy).

----

I think Scums would definitely hit me. Most probably DLE, if he is scum. So the Doc should be on me.

Our best case scenario would be if both the scum teams hit one target and that target is protected by our Doc. *Yay!* But for that to happen, we need to decide if you guys think I would be the target today or not.

Because that info would definitely throw the scum's kills off. If after this discussion they know that I would be protected, then both their teams might try to hit Yeti. And if our Doc is super intelligent and lets me die because I would anyways be a prime Lynch candidate because of my crazy arse stupidly risky and scummy plays, and ends up protecting Yeti. Then F' U scums *Point goes to town*

----

Now I want all of us to vote on whether I would be targeted on N1 or not. If someone doesn't end up voting, then it is obvious that they are scums or are insanely stupid ass inactive townies.

Obv, if everyone votes then we can figure out what the scums think and stuff. Which inturn will help the doc to decide his target.

Inb4 experienced scums will try to counter this voting phase, but don't be stupid scums or we can catch you here.

Current Players: acidphoenix, ButteredToast, Cancerous, Celever, Da Letter El, Walrein, PokeguyNXB, Spiffy, UltrasPlot, UncleSam, Yeti

This format helps me read it better so putting it here.
If any mistakes then let me know. Also, don't forget to reply to the previous post.

===========

Day 1 (Final):

Lynch Targets:

Haunted Diamond (6): Spiffy, Celever, Cancerous, Walrein, UltrasPlot, UncleSam
Celever (2): Acidphoenix, Haunted Diamond
Da Letter El (2): PokeguyNXB, Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock (1): ButteredToast

Not voted / Unvoted (2): Yeti, DaLetterEl

Current Players (12):
Acidphoenix
ButteredToast
Cancerous
Celever
DaLetterEl
Gale Wings Srock
PokeguyNXB
UncleSam
Yeti
The Idiotic One Spiffy
THE_IRON_...KENYAN? UltrasPlot
Hannahh Walrein

Dead Players (1):
Haunted Diamond (RIP) (Townie - But played stupendously scummy)

===========

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)