Multifaction/FFA The Mafia of the Five Kings - Game Over, King of the Iron Islands wins

Your reasoning is entirely backwards.

To begin with DLE only made an impact when nothing you just said was relevant.

And even after that, the number of ways I could lose had no impact on whether Yeti loses or not. You acknowledge yourself there's no way I could win with north, so how was I not equally forced to work with her? The only difference is that if Yeti had done nothing on the night she hooked me, I would have beaten you two. That sure sounds like it was easier for me to win. You needed her to hook me one night just to draw.
The difference here is that I had literally no other option to go to. Yeti was my only hope to win, so there is utterly no reason for me to betray her. There were, however, situations where you could have betrayed her for North. If yeti went with you on n8 and didn't hook you but hooked TIK, you could have killed her using the north kill and then outvoted me during the lynches for the win. This was not a likely scenario; however it was entirely possible. If loyalty were not a factor, it was absolutely a better move to try to win with me than with you, as again, the win with me was certain, while there was room for failure going with you. The issue of loyalty, however, is what made that not happen.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The difference here is that I had literally no other option to go to. Yeti was my only hope to win, so there is utterly no reason for me to betray her. There were, however, situations where you could have betrayed her for North. If yeti went with you on n8 and didn't hook you but hooked TIK, you could have killed her using the north kill and then outvoted me during the lynches for the win. This was not a likely scenario; however it was entirely possible. If loyalty were not a factor, it was absolutely a better move to try to win with me than with you, as again, the win with me was certain, while there was room for failure going with you. The issue of loyalty, however, is what made that not happen.
No, I kill her, outvote one of you, and then we kill each other while only the North wins. I don't see how you could think that's an option.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Unless, of course, you were under the impression you had a kill of higher priority than mine, as in that case you and North win together.
I was under no such assumption, even to when I was surprised at our mutual loss.

It's not a safe thing to assume to begin with. Yes, your abilities in total were much better than my own, but it was clear neither host saw it that way. And on the subject, having a role ensurer to start with, which the hosts considered an op role, meant that normally I would have a way to out prio you, and without this, would fairly have less priority, at least assuming that RE is indeed an op role and we were in total balanced factions.

I was under no such assumption, even to when I was surprised at our mutual loss.

It's not a safe thing to assume to begin with. Yes, your abilities in total were much better than my own, but it was clear neither host saw it that way. And on the subject, having a role ensurer to start with, which the hosts considered an op role, meant that normally I would have a way to out prio you, and without this, would fairly have less priority, at least assuming that RE is indeed an op role and we were in total balanced factions.
It isn't about whether you actually believed it though. It's about Yeti's perspective where she doesn't know what you really are thinking or what you value. The point is that there was a scenario in which Yeti siding with you could result in her loss. If there are two choices and the only important factor is winning, you choose the 100% win over the 99% win.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
It isn't about whether you actually believed it though. It's about Yeti's perspective where she doesn't know what you really are thinking or what you value. The point is that there was a scenario in which Yeti siding with you could result in her loss. If there are two choices and the only important factor is winning, you choose the 100% win over the 99% win.
She's a big girl, she could figure out everything I said. She did what she did to win alone because she fancied it. While I don't take something so magnanimous personally, I can think of at least two people who might not afford Yeti even 1% of trust in the future. Don't talk about this like you came up with some sort of masterstroke that nailed down all possible combinations of actions... your arguments in the end were wrong and you got equally screwed by them.

aww fiddlestick so what happened n5 was also a set up?
Shoulda listen to phoenix and side with Highgarden from the beginning
You SHOULD have sided with me. I had a plan to ensure either North or II won. I had ALREADY promised to help Shade win. But instead of going with me, you two-timed me with HG and were then transparent about it. Why would I help you win when you kept trying to screw me over? You basically lost the game for your faction.

I lost this game because I chose to help you so you're right on that mark.
We already went over this. I never intended to side with HG from the very beginning, but you can't trust your ally and instead listen to pidge, who need you dead.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I lost this game because I chose to help you so you're right on that mark.
We already went over this. I never intended to side with HG from the very beginning, but you can't trust your ally and instead listen to pidge, who need you dead.
Pidge and I never even talked. You tried to have 2 II killed in one night. How is this possibly not a betrayal? How is this not EXACTLY what I did to you, but done first? Even after I thwarted this I MIGHT have sided with you, but you made it pretty impossible to work with you. How can there be trust after that? Even acidphoenix has been ranting in IRC about your decisions and kicking himself for not stepping up.

Edit: ninja'd

If it's a matter of WHO to side with, keep in mind I came up with plans that actually won an ally the game, whereas while in hindsight HG wasn't as tight with IT as we thought, I'm not sure why at the time you'd have thought otherwise. But if you were gonna screw me over, yeah, don't tell me first, and don't act like I was a bad ally to you when you were all about fucking me over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)