Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of sites have an add friend option so it would be cool if PS implemented that too. Ive heard it was brought up before but i never understood why it never happened yet

I know that there's already /away and /back, but I'd like to suggest a feature: AFK.

This would pop up under your PS! "profile" if someone clicks on your name, if you have clicked "AFK," then people would know that you aren't on right now.

Reasoning is that /away block PMs, and once I had somebody think that I was ignoring them or something like that. An AFK feature would make it much more clear that you aren't at your device currently, while still allowing PMs and being visible to everyone. Thanks for your time.

I don't know how easy this would be to implement, but some sort of option to abort ladder games would be nice (obviously it would have to have the consent of both players). Alternatively, not making a move for 150 seconds (the current timer limit) could be considered consent to abort as it would probably mean a lost internet connection. I don't want to lose a game because I've lost connection, and I don't really want to win because my opponent has done the same; at the moment I'm waiting for an opponent (who asked me not to put the timer on) to find a new Wi-Fi hotspot. That's no fun for me but I don't really want to take ladder point off him for something that's not his fault.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I don't know how easy this would be to implement, but some sort of option to abort ladder games would be nice (obviously it would have to have the consent of both players). Alternatively, not making a move for 150 seconds (the current timer limit) could be considered consent to abort as it would probably mean a lost internet connection.
This seems like a great idea in theory, but the major problem with that is that people can (and will because people) intentionally DC if such a thing were implemented simply to not lose. This probably won't be implemented for that reason.
Can there be a way to select battle music used in battles? Maybe put it under user settings?
I actually made a tampermonkey script for this because people kept asking about it; you can find the thread here.

In teambuilder, let us use the parameters we'd use in the /dexsearch command, this way we could search for pokemon that learn certain moves and such much more easily.

For example, If'd want a water type that learns Thunder Wave, I'd type where I would normally type just a pokemon name or ability a command that would show me all the water type pokemon that learn Thunder Wave, something like /search water type, thunder wave
If we could also use characters such as ">" and "!" to help searching (just like in the dexsearch command) I'd be great.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In teambuilder, let us use the parameters we'd use in the /dexsearch command, this way we could search for pokemon that learn certain moves and such much more easily.

For example, If'd want a water type that learns Thunder Wave, I'd type where I would normally type just a pokemon name or ability a command that would show me all the water type pokemon that learn Thunder Wave, something like /search water type, thunder wave
If we could also use characters such as ">" and "!" to help searching (just like in the dexsearch command) I'd be great.
/dexsearch water type, Thunder Wave

it will yield exactly the results you want

I'd like to suggset an option that displays yourself as offline (and can't receive messages) on showdown.
Some uses: Ladder without people thinking you're online (on your main), when you aren't in the mood to talk to people but don't want them to think they are annoying you, etc. Many more lel.

:*
/nick onto an alt or use the /away command.

How about shortcuts when looking for Pokemon, moves abilities etc in teambuilder? Would be nifty.

What I mean is for example you just type ttar in the teambuilder and you get Tyranitar. Kyub for kyurem black. And for moves eq for earthquake is all I can pull from my head right now. It looks like it won't take much trouble to code so why not?

tehy

Banned deucer.
at above : that sounds nifty but probably not worth the time it'd take to code in, and i doubt most people would make use of it. still if some ps programmer reads this and it catches his fancy then, yo, hit that up plz.

my personal suggestion: whenever I begin to type in a mon's name, lag seems to be created by the search list (i.e. the list of all possible matches)updating, though it may be some other factor. however if it is as I suspect, it's really annoying. What if the search list only started updating after 3 characters? that's usually about what I type in and is usually enough to get the mon, or at least narrow it down to a very short list. (this hopefully happens for abilities and items and moves too, though only Items have any real need for this).

I noticed we are missing the BW2 version of Elesa in the Avatar selection.

While I can probably assume the team is, but are we going to get avatars of the X/Y leaders and characters. I know there are sprites of X/Y pokemon that someone made, but can we expect having X/Y leaders and characters (like the Fairy Tale Girl) in the Avatar selection at some point soon?

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

While I can probably assume the team is, but are we going to get avatars of the X/Y leaders and characters. I know there are sprites of X/Y pokemon that someone made, but can we expect having X/Y leaders and characters (like the Fairy Tale Girl) in the Avatar selection at some point soon?
Hello DeathCapsule ,

The main problem with trainers sprites since X Y is that there isn't real sprites for them.

I mean that there isn't any trainer sprites base just like the one we have on showdown at the moment, there are only fanmades.

If you want to use the BW2 elesa avatar, you can just type /avatar #bw2elesa

Hello DeathCapsule ,

The main problem with trainers sprites since X Y is that there isn't real sprites for them.

I mean that there isn't any trainer sprites base just like the one we have on showdown at the moment, there are only fanmades.
I was trying to get to that, I think. I know many XY pokemon have fanmade sprites, but I wasn't sure if people made them especially for the Simulator or what. If they DID it'd be awesome if they could make some trainers >.<

This is a small suggestion for the teambuilder.

Is it possible to have your teams synced between devices if you are logged into the same account?

I am a tech n00b so I wouldn't know of the implications involved with implementing this. I would appreciate if someone could explain its feasibility to me though.

/dexsearch water type, Thunder Wave

it will yield exactly the results you want
I enjoy just to put on some music and teambuild without having to see the chat mess, having the command implemented on the teambuilder itself would prevent me from having to keep an eye on the chat and scrolling it every so often which would be very convenient.

I enjoy just to put on some music and teambuild without having to see the chat mess, having the command implemented on the teambuilder itself would prevent me from having to keep an eye on the chat and scrolling it every so often which would be very convenient.
Sounds like a cool feature. Something like an all in one searchbox.

Hello! One suggestion I have is making an iOS app for Showdown, which has most likely already been brought to your attention. Another suggestion is adding a "friend's list" or something of the like in order to find people later on, after you leave

Hello! One suggestion I have is making an iOS app for Showdown, which has most likely already been brought to your attention. Another suggestion is adding a "friend's list" or something of the like in order to find people later on, after you leave
From what I can recall, your first suggestion has been denied and likely will not happen anytime in the future. Your second suggestion has been worked on, and I believe is on the "to-do-list" for PS.

Is there a way that someone could upload a self-created Fakemon and battle? Maybe people who watch the battle could "rate" the pokemon into different tiers (that way some wonder guard Electross-like thin. ,t kfc g doesn't destroy your team), or maybe it would just be challenge-based, or maybe there is to many 'or's in this sentence.

Aside from that, it would be really neat to be able to battle your freinds with Fakemon. I've scanned the internet without any luck, so it would be really neat.

can the 'save replay' button please please please not be right overlapping the 'skip to last turn' button, i've saved so many testing replays due to this tihng and like 0 patience lol

we need a game mode where there are no stealth rocks, spikes, etc.! I like to play the same way as a kid when there wasn't anyone of this but also with the newer gen pokemon and i know i am not alone when it comes to hatred for such hazards and would enjoy a game mode that prohibits this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)