Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone got a 5 IV swift swim Lotad for trade? Would prefer a modest natured one.
i have 6iv shiny modest ones in net balls, named "Spongebob", as well as un named copies. pm me with what youre offering, or feel free to glance over my thread and offer anything that i dont have

Hey guys! First time poster, long time lurker!

I am on the hunt for a Shiny Helioptile does anyone have an Electric friend safari with Helioptile?

It would be helpful to list what you have to offer, and more specifics on what details you want for the Mudkip (i.e. nature, ability, EMs, etc)
, adamant nature and dont care about the ball and dont need any egg moves, would prefer a damp one but If not thats fine.

Can offer 5 IV adamant pawniard,
5 IV jolly technichian schyter and
maybe 6 IV shiny tyrantrum adamant

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! First time poster, long time lurker!

I am on the hunt for a Shiny Helioptile does anyone have an Electric friend safari with Helioptile?
Hi, welcome to Smogon! Friend Safari activity has died down considerably here, no one is really looking for new people to add at the moment. I'd recommend reddit's friend safari sub, you'd probably have more luck finding what you're looking for there :) https://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari/

, adamant nature and dont care about the ball and dont need any egg moves, would prefer a damp one but If not thats fine.

Can offer 5 IV adamant pawniard,
5 IV jolly technichian schyter and
maybe 6 IV shiny tyrantrum adamant
Unless you bred that Tyrantrum yourself... I'd probably not offer that in the all too likely event it's hacked. Just better not offering anything you don't know for certain where it came from, honestly.

Unless you bred that Tyrantrum yourself... I'd probably not offer that in the all too likely event it's hacked. Just better not offering anything you don't know for certain where it came from, honestly.
Actually I got it from a friend on my birthday since he knows Tyrantrum is my favorite, but if u say it like that i guess i should.

Actually I got it from a friend on my birthday since he knows Tyrantrum is my favorite, but if u say it like that i guess i should.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...mple-hack-checks.3498670/page-76#post-6347989

That link is the simple hack check thread. Read the original post copy past the form and someone should get back to you. Generally though I would have to agree with Detective Barricade most pokemon that you didn't receive yourself aren't what smogon defines as legit.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...mple-hack-checks.3498670/page-76#post-6347989

That link is the simple hack check thread. Read the original post copy past the form and someone should get back to you. Generally though I would have to agree with Detective Barricade most pokemon that you didn't receive yourself aren't what smogon defines as legit.
Well if would if thats true thats sucks but i guess i will then.

Edit: Well fuck me its hacked.....gotta give my friend a good asswhoping
Double Edit: Still looking for a mudkip

Last edited:
Got a couple of questions:

What is a TM spread? People talk about "locking yourself into a TM spread", but what is it? I think it has to do with guaranteed shiny hatching, but how? BlueMew uses it with two DS systems and two games to hatch guaranteed shinies, but how does it work?

Secondly, is it allowed to check the stats of multiple eggs with RamSav? (Or Ram2Sav, whatever it's called.)
I want to start with TSV hatching, but I want to see which eggs of my 30 boxes of eggs are 6IV, so I don't have to hatch all of them. I also want to check their ESV.

And lastly, how does the move Power Split work? If a Shuckle (10 Atk, 10 SpA) uses Power Split against a Forretress (20 Atk, 20 SpA) will they BOTH end up with 15 Atk and 15 SpA? Or only Shuckle? Or only Forretress?

Got a couple of questions:

What is a TM spread? People talk about "locking yourself into a TM spread", but what is it? I think it has to do with guaranteed shiny hatching, but how? BlueMew uses it with two DS systems and two games to hatch guaranteed shinies, but how does it work?
TM spread refers to the IV spread you get while using TM breeding. "Locking yourself into a TM spread" means using Powersaves to backup the save where you get the favorable spread (for example 31 | M | M | F | F | F ) so you can load it up when you need to breed. Bluemew locks it to a spread in which the ESV of the egg produced will always match hatch his TSV, hence it will always hatch shiny.
Secondly, is it allowed to check the stats of multiple eggs with RamSav? (Or Ram2Sav, whatever it's called.)
I want to start with TSV hatching, but I want to see which eggs of my 30 boxes of eggs are 6IV, so I don't have to hatch all of them. I also want to check their ESV.
Yes. However it is faster if you check by hatch and reset so you know which eggs are favorable (5IV or 6IV) and toss the undesired rather than checking all of those. Unless you want to give them away on SvEx for flair reasons, idk.
And lastly, how does the move Power Split work? If a Shuckle (10 Atk, 10 SpA) uses Power Split against a Forretress (20 Atk, 20 SpA) will they BOTH end up with 15 Atk and 15 SpA? Or only Shuckle? Or only Forretress?
Both.

TM spread refers to the IV spread you get while using TM breeding. "Locking yourself into a TM spread" means using Powersaves to backup the save where you get the favorable spread (for example 31 | M | M | F | F | F ) so you can load it up when you need to breed. Bluemew locks it to a spread in which the ESV of the egg produced will always match hatch his TSV, hence it will always hatch shiny.
What does TM stand for? And what does 31 | M | M | F | F | F mean? I'm completely new to this. I don't understand anything of it.

What does TM stand for? And what does 31 | M | M | F | F | F mean? I'm completely new to this. I don't understand anything of it.
TM refers to Time Machine (method). 31 | M | M | F | F | F means that the offspring will inherit the Atk and Def IVs from the male parent, SpA, SpD, and Spe IVs from the female parent and 31 HP IVs by random.

TM refers to Time Machine (method). 31 | M | M | F | F | F means that the offspring will inherit the Atk and Def IVs from the male parent, SpA, SpD, and Spe IVs from the female parent and 31 HP IVs by random.
But, how can you know which stats are inherited from the male and which ones from the female?

If I understand it right, you save before picking up an egg from the day care, you hatch it, and you reset. But I still don't understand what you do afterwards, and I still don't know how Bluemew can hatch everything shiny.

But, how can you know which stats are inherited from the male and which ones from the female?

If I understand it right, you save before picking up an egg from the day care, you hatch it, and you reset. But I still don't understand what you do afterwards, and I still don't know how Bluemew can hatch everything shiny.
You'll need to know the exact IVs of the parents, of course. Hence, when people do TM resetting, they usually use an all 29 ditto and all 0 female test parent. If the IV shows up as 29, it means that the offspring will inherit the IV from the male parent, while IVs that is 0 means that the offspring inherit it from the female parent. You may also get a random IV, and the IV will mean that the offspring will always get that IV.

Example:
Ditto 29 | 29 | 29 | 29 | 29 | 29 and Magikarp (F) 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0

Offpsring: 31 | 0 | 0 | 29 | 29 | 29

Spread: 31 | F | F | M | M | M --> the offspring will always get 31 IV in HP and inherit the Atk and Def IVs of the female parent while inheriting the SpA, SpD and Spe IVs of the male parent.

http://goo.gl/DPmwbx

He has a spread backup that has an ESV that matches one of his files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)