Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
laga's team has absolutely no answer to a decently played sun team

but i still think it's the best one here, although i wish i actually followed this thread because i have a hail team lol
Hello my name is Goggles Fire-type that hits Zard super effective

Still a difficult matchup though I agree

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It Is Guest because that innovation might actually work; goggles hoopa + WP Cress is approved by me cuz that's the type of shit I think of and then get called bad by a certain user.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
[22:41] Yoda2798: Memo you need to update the teambuilding comp
[22:42] @ Memoric: OH
[22:42] @ Memoric: FUCK FUCK FUCK
[22:42] @ Memoric: I HAD EXAMS

tl;dr: I forgot to update this :(

No biggie though. Laga won the round by a pretty good margin. He'll have all the usual prizes: his team on HoF post, doubled vote.

This week we're having: VOLCARNO

Its sprite is great. It's a moth. It spits fire. It can be used either to Quiver Dance and bop things OR to redirect moves with Rage Powder and let a partner bop things. Either way a good deal : )

Deadline is on Saturday, noon GMT

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
This was a team I built for seasonals and then used for reqs when I got tired of using Skymin. It went something like 14-1 so I feel like it's decently effective. It's a slightly different teambuilding strategy than I usually use, because this team is built with the goal of having one specific mon (Volcarona) as a win-con to set up and sweep. I give you: FIRE DANCE

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 184 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Safeguard
- Icy Wind

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch

TEAMBUILDING
I wanted to build around a Volcarona sweep and when I saw Nido-Rus' post in the creative sets thread, I decided that would be a good place to start. Even though Volc had Giga Drain, I wanted an immediate answer to Mega-Diancie, so I added offensive Thundy with Flash Cannon and called it a core. Since Volc didn't have Bug Buzz, I needed an answer to Psychics, and Darkrai gave me that as well as Taunt support to stop TR. Talon and Char-Y still seemed annoying since I couldn't rely on Thundy living enough to deal with them reliably, so I added bulky rocks Lando-T, which has been an amazing set that should get more use. Rocks also helped with breaking sashes for Volcarona. Then I realized I needed redirection to ease setup, and Jirachi's typing had the best synergy, so I added it. Then I stared at the team for a while and couldn't think of what to use until it dawned on me that I didn't have a mega. Mega Kang is so slappable that it was my immediate choice. It also gave me the priority that I was lacking.

SET DETAILS
Thundurus gets a lot of surprise kills because of how popular bulky Thundy is, and punches holes with Life Orb and 252 SpA. Thunderbolt is STAB, HP Ice is for coverage, Flash Cannon is for Diancie and other fairies. Thunder Wave is the best move in the game besides Protect. EVs are pretty obvious and Timid Nature to outspeed 110s. Protect would be nice somewhere but I felt like all four of its moves were too important.

Volcarona is taken from the Creative Sets thread so I can't take any of that credit. Giga Drain hits all of Volc's supposed answers and OHKOs them after a boost. Terrakion, Keldeo, Washtom, Mega Diancie, gone. Even regular Diancie is OHKO'd because Volcarona is ridiculous. Heat Wave is super powerful especially when my opponent is nice enough to set up sun, Protect and Quiver Dance are obvious. Speed EV's outspeed Adamant scarf Lando after a boost, and with that boost it's a guaranteed OHKO after rocks. (+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Heat Wave vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 308-364 (93.3 - 110.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Darkrai is my 'oh shit' button and stop to CM Cress. Focus Sash is normally not great because he really would appreciate a Life Orb boost, but for this team it helps stop any sweeper in its tracks (except Mega Kang) and hit them with a strong attack to hopefully take them down. Taunt is to prevent TR, mostly, but also comes in handy for opposing redirection when I need to use Giga Drain or Thundys trying to paralyze my fire moth. EVs are 252/252 because I'm lazy but also it makes the most sense for the team.

Landorus-T is normally one of my leads so that I can get up Rocks before they realize I'm non-scarf. Paired with Mega-Kang for fake out support and a Yache Berry, only a Taunt can prevent him from getting them set and who in their right mind would taunt a Lando-T turn one when it's almost always scarf? The rocks break sashes, hurt Kyube, Talon, Char-Y, Skymin, and opposing Volc on switchin for decent damage, and put a few things into KO range. Protect is the best move in the game. Stone Edge>Rock Slide because I'm not getting many flinches at 240 speed, Earthquake because it's STAB and good. I only have one EQ immunity but it's never really bothered me too much to only have one since I'm not locking myself into the move. EVs outspeed Adamant Breloom and Bisharp, max Atk, rest in HP. There's probably more efficient spread defensively but this has worked well for me.

Jirachi provides everything the team was missing to this point. Follow Me is obvious but helps Volc so much, tanking Brave Birds and Stone Edges no problem. Safety Goggles are so that I can redirect vs Amoongus if I want to set up that turn. Iron Head is great and provides me with flinches when I'm in a tight spot vs a slower threat, sometimes stopping TR. Safeguard isn't exactly standard but I think I got the idea from Pocket. It stops all status for 5 turns, which is fantastic support. Icy Wind is speed control and helps against Lando-T that are going for Rock Slide. The EVs are a little bit complicated and I made them a while ago so I'll do my best to remember. 108 Speed EVs outpaces base 70s, Max HP is because Rachi is defensive. 52 Def EVs guarantees I live a LO EQ from Excadrill from full, which could be helpful to hit it with an Icy Wind and allow Volc to outspeed an KO. 96 SpD and Careful avoids the 2HKO from sub Kyurem-Black, allowing me to break its sub without worry of dying the next turn.

Kanga is fairly standard, Fake Out is obvious and helps me set rocks and also helps me mega. Double-Edge>Return because I want to weaken the team for Volc as much as possible. Sucker for Priority and ghosts. Drain Punch to cover for the HP loss after Double Edge and because Power-Up is too weak initially. 252/252/4 is obvious but I went for Adamant because POWER.

Edit: Added sprites
Edit 2: Fixed sprites because I used the wrong directory ;-;

Last edited:

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 68 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Protect

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- Protect

Raikou @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Protect

This is a hail team that I originally made during the Mega Salamence 2nd Suspect test, it was inspired after seeing Mizuhime's SPL Week 6 Hail team. I wanted to take her experience with hail and combine it with the Hyper Offense formula I had/have been using and I came up with this. The offensive FWG core that normally uses Talon/Skymin/Keldeo was substituted for Volcarona, Mega Abomasnow, and Greninja. The advantages that this core has over the former are spread moves, different coverage, and a set up sweeper in Volcarona. The Volcarona set outspeeds Adamant Scarf Lando-T at +1 with max SAtk and the remaining in Def, Abomasnow is standard, and Greninja has Taunt to shutdown TR, Kyub subs, and Gimmicks.
Next I have Raikou to counter Thundurus-I and Talonflame. On Mizu's SPL team Raikou had substitute, but I really needed Thunder Wave because I had to slow my opponents down. Shuca Berry lets Raikou survive any ground move, and while HP doesn't KO Landorus-T 100% of time, with hail damage, Ice Shard, or even Fake Out it picks up the KO. Raikou outspeeds fast Thundurus-I with max SAtk and the rest in HP.
Darkrai came next to provide consistent pressure to pretty much everything with Dark Pulse and Blizzard, but it also acts as a really solid Diancie Lure with HP Steel. Getting that quick KO early in the game can open up a lot of opportunities for QD Volcarona. You can also use Thunderbolt to add another Pokemon to hit Keldeo, both coverage options are solid.
Hitmontop catches a lot of hate, but it forms the famous TopMoth duo with Volcarona so I had to go for it. Hitmontop is most often a suicide lead with Fake Out to give a free QD or switch from Abomasnow into Greninja or Darkrai, followed up by clicking CC until KOd. Wide Guard is really helpful against Landorus T and Zard Y in particular. Honestly I don't think Hitmontop deserves the hate it gets, it really only fits on very offensive teams and even in them it only has a small niche, but its not unusable.

I used to have some ca$h replays but they have been lost to time except this one lol, so you'll just have to trust me. Yes I have Bisharp in that replay, but I didn't even send it out so shut up.

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

the aww yiss penguin squad

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Rage Powder
- Tailwind
- Protect

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

this is probably one of the worst teams I have ever built probably and that is mainly due to one thing being the volcarona set
[2:49] Meloettaaa: naah
yo
give me
a good VOLCARNO set
[2:50] checkmater75: 252+ spA
252 speed
ez
life orb
[2:51] Meloettaaa: set fucboi
not spread
[2:51] checkmater75: heat wave rage powder tailwind protect
name it
"wannabe togekiss"
melo
now is the moment
for me to take advantage
of looking good
to say as much retarded ****
as possible
and have people believe me

mfw checkmater gives me a bad volcarona set
http://puu.sh/jps9y/778457c1ad.jpg

anyway we have a classic volcarona who is likely going to die to every single breeze that he doesnt resist so you kinda get fucked by stuff like kanga, but then there's the chance that they'll get burned by flame body
tailwind is probably the best move in doubles ou so that's why i run it on volcarona

gardevoir is a really good mega and one of my favourites to use, the set should probably be self-explanatory, you can use basically anything as a 4th move (icy wind, will-o-wisp, hp ground)

hydreigon is cool, i never really know whether to use specs/scarf/lo on this thing but specs is kinda fun, you can use fire blast over flamethrower if you want but I like to have accuracy over power

rocky helmet ferrothorn is pretty good, it's a good set, the spread might look bad to you but gyro ball does tons of damage

regular gyarados here, with a little bit of speed creep from the smogdex spread, i kinda never use gyarados before but it looks like a cool mon

kyurem-black is cool, I evd it so it lives a keldeo secret sword :D

This is a team I made just a few days before this round was announced, while building around the general idea of Volc+rocks+redirection support. This time, I tried Mega gar over diancie to trap stuff like kanga, latios, terrak, etc. early game, giving volc an easier time setting up.
Used my standard volc set here, giga drain works as a great lure for common volc switch-ins, while volc outspeeds and OHKOs lando-T at +1. Added in Jirachi to act as redirection support, an amoong switch-in, and speed control with icy wind.
At this point, I wanted rocks to break sashes and deal the tiny chip damage that Volc/Mega Gar/Keld need for some KOs. Added in Life Orb Lando-T, something I saw Kamikaze17 use in one of his seasonals matches (he still won't pass me his spread n_n). Leading Lando can help fake a scarfed set, often letting me set rocks on double protects or switch moves for surprise KOs later on.
The last two added were zapdos and Keld. Zapdos sets tailwind, allowing lando-T to clean up late-game, along with keldeo to provide a pseudo-FWG core with Volc, hitting the fire types that hard wall Volc. Keldeo also provides Quick guard support against fake out, thund-I, talon, etc.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 88 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 28 SpA / 32 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Of course, replays are better at showing how a team works than my bad explanations, so here are a few games with this team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-255248660 - Rain
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-256128392 - Mega Luke
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-256119242 - Mega Venu

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Arcticblast Inc. and Laga Studios have collaborated to bring you a most excellent Diancie + Volcarona team.

We decided we wanted to build around QD Volcarona because damn this thing's awesome. Because we don't have our priorities straight, we went straight for the EV spread. 100 SpA with a Modest nature OHKOs Scarf Landorus-T with Fire Blast, and 196 Spe outruns the same Scarf Lando-T at +1 as well as Hoopa-U before a boost. We picked Fire Blast over Heat Wave after settling on Mega Diancie as our second Pokemon. Diancie is able to draw out things that Volcarona can set up on, like Aegislash and Amoonguss. It's also such a good spread attacker that we didn't really need Heat Wave. Wide Guard Aegislash was our third pick, being a good choice against both Landorus-T and Trick Room, which our core struggled with. Bulky Gyarados was added next because it's a huge "fuck you" to most Rain teams and provides Intimidate to help Volcarona set up. Here we dawdled a bit trying to come up with a good Grass before deciding on Scarf Rotom-Mow, which brings a super fast Leaf Storm as well as Trick to help the TR matchup. Having covered just about everything at this point, Weavile was added last to provide Fake Out support, another Hoopa-U check, and some (admittedly weak) priority. We wanted Ice Shard for Shaymin-Sky and felt the team was solid enough against most targets of Icicle Crash to drop Crash for Shard.

Not a lot of testing has happened yet so I can't really say much more than "this is how it was built" but Rotom-C is important for fast things and people who spam the shit out of Thunder Wave. Diancie gives Volcarona the opportunity to set up with each other member helping to ensure it.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 100 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Diancie (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Atk / 64 Def / 20 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Protect

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Laga

Forever Grande
btw it's rly good for ladder cuz rotom-c counters the common ladder idea that thundurus always wins.

also it's kinda good for tourneys cuz no one knows what a rotom-c does

basically everyone should use it more :]

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
5th Gen Sprites because Volcarona is 5th Gen
Quiver (Dance) in fear!!!
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Charcoal
EVs: 140 Def / 172 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 104 SpA / 96 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect​

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Building around Volcarona, I decided to use a Mega Diancie + Volcarona core due to their offensive synergy, with Diancie beating Rock-types and Flying-types for Volc and Volc beating Grass-types and Steel-types for Diancie.
Standard moveset and EV spread, with Hasty to avoid Heatran and Kyu-B having a chance to OHKO with Earth Power from full if using Naive.

Volcarona @ Charcoal
EVs: 140 Def / 172 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

QD Volc is a cool mon, and works extremely well if you can remove priority users, which this team attempts to do. Charcoal, Fire Blast, and this much Special Attack investment let it OHKO Aegislash and Amoonguss at +0, and gets around Wide Guard, in turn supporting Diancie - you can bump up to 200 if you want to OHKO Kang at +1. Giga Drain gives Volc some recovery, and means that boosted up it can hit would-be checks such as Rock-types and Water-types.
Speed outspeeds Adamant Scarf Lando-T at +1, and Hoopa at +0, with leftover EVs dumped into Defence.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Amoonguss gives us a much needed Keldeo and Rotom-W counter, while also providing redirection, Spore, and a TR check. Standard spread, not much else that needs explaining.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 104 SpA / 96 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rotom-W finishes a FWG core, gives a Ground immunity, and provides Burn support for Volcarona's frailer side. Rotom-W further helps against Talonflame, and counters Heatran, which is extremely threatening to the team at this point. Bulky spread, think it OHKOes Talon with T-bolt and special bulk maybe does something, with EVs to outspeed Scarf Lando under Tailwind.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Priority is something I believe all good teams should have, but more than that Talonflame threaten things such as Rain and TR with a strong BB. Overheat so that we can kill scary Mega Metagrosses even if intimidated, and means no King's Shield mindgames (less recoil is always nice as well). Tailwind can be clutch in supporting other team members against fast offensive team, but I am highly considering Taunt instead to stop TR and Heatran Subs.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Still feeling a bit weak to Heatran, Kyurem-Black became the final member of the team. It also helps against Skymin and is just hard hitting in general. Kyu-B can also threaten Thundy and Amoon, which can be problems at times. Baiting Keldeo out gets the chip damage required for Volc to KO at +1 with Giga Drain.
With the addition of Hoopa to the metagame, outspeeding it is an important benchmark, and with Kyu-B opponents will tunnel vision on hitting through Subs and Protect that they forget that you may be faster.​

i started with volc + aerodactyl, cuz volc + rock-type is a pretty cool core. I wanted to go with normal aero instead of mega aero or mega diancie because i wanted to use it more as support to set up qds than as a main attacker. volc and aero is weak to water types and lando t so amoonguss was a natural pick. Next, I added azumarill (which was later changed to keldeo). I did this because my team was looking really weak to kyub and hydreigon (i already decided i wanted to run the giga drain set) Also, BD azu with amoonguss is always solid. I know that volc beats kyub 1v1, but i didnt want to have to switch it in and let it take damage. I added zapdos next to give my team some speed control, and another tflame check. Last, I didnt have a mega or a steel type, so i went with megagross, cuz its pretty much the go-to for a goodstuffs mega. I ended up changing out azu for keld as it checks the same dragons that give volc trouble, while giving the team a little more speed. I have some replays of the team when it had azu on it, i dont think it really did much in either tho, i remember volc sweeping both games.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-256670907
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-256469531

Volcarona @ Life Orb
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

SPACE☆ASS (Zapdos) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
wew kids

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post in name of the user who created the team you voted for.

thetalkingtree
KyleCole
Meloettaaa
Nido-Rus
Arcticblast + Laga
Yoda2798
megacyber

Deadline is on Monday, noon GMT+1

note: voting for yourself is not ok. also no sprites in your description pls it takes ages to c/p ;_;

Laga

Forever Grande
Arcticblast

Yoda cuz that team destroyed me wtf... Also run something less standard than bulky rotom-w pls :v

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)