New Pokémon silhouette leak (maybe Zygarde form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Might I bring up Unova (based on Manhatten) dealt with Taoism themes and heavy philosophical things that come from the OTHER side of the real globe? :P Besides, it is pretty much confirmed Xerneas and Yveltal are inspired by Norse myth, and given this giant form for Zygarde does resemble a couple depictions of Ymir from what I remember... Especially since Nidhogg is a dragon/serpent of death gnawing on Yggdrasil's roots from Niflheim (aka Hell), Yveltal fits the bill, and Zygarde is stated to be an ecosystem guardian... Representing Earth (aka Midgard), he could be based on Ymir for this.

Also, side note. Ymir was the first of the frost giants... or a king. Fits the crown there.
I was actually thinking about BW's Taoism themes when I wrote about how Kalos simply took themes from Norse mythology and I question how much Unova took from Taoism. We have the Taijitu's Yin Yang opposites theme but I don't think anything else. The theme of Gen V, at least BW, was opposites/ideal vs. truth. Its about N and the player seeking out the truth while also trying to accomplish their ideals, coming at odd with one another as both the truth their seeing and the ideal their trying to accomplish are opposites of one another. Also the opposite theme goes into a bit of a meta sense as each version has differences between them. Now I'll admit I don't really know anything about Taoism so if this is a major theme of it I apologies, but from what I read its at most a side theme and doesn't go in the same direction as BW took its opposites theme.

If Yveltal is not based on Vedrfolnir and the unnamed Eagle perched on top Yggdrasil its probably based on Hraesvelgr, called the "Corpse Swallower" which sort of fits Yveltal, a giant who takes eagle form that sits at the end of the world and beats its wings that causes the wind to blow (Oblivion Wing?). Zygarde has either two inspiration, Nidhogg who munches on Yggdrasil's roots and the corpse of those who are guilty (punishes those who disrupt order?) or Jormungand who surrounds and holds the together and if it was to ever let go the world would end (Zygarde protects the environment (especially from Xerneas and Yveltal) and if it does not do anything when those two act up they could cause the world to end).

Ymir being the forst giant king would explain the crown. Though they could just combine both Yggdrasil and Ymir together to make a tree giant king. Honestly we won't really know until we see a more clearer picture.

Like that could be a crown and its hands could have claws, or its head could look like a broken tree trunk and its hand are tree root. Or, you know, both.

I don't know if it's possible, but we all know that Kalos = France, but the map of Kalos is a just the northen part of France (around 2/3 of France), maybe there will be some new places in the south with a new regional Pokedex ... ?

Or this green thing is Zygarde pre evo / baby form and the dark one is a the final form

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
It's been a few days yet oddly the only good drawing we have of the new Pokemon that appeared at the end of the Clash of Age's teaser is still a black & white sketch:

We know it's mainly a vibrant green with a red stomach (guessing the "false eye" is white?), but I'd think by now someone would have taken a quick snapshot of it with their phone. *shrugs*

And I can't begin to fathom to guess what it could be. I doubt it's a new Pokemon, like I guess it could be but they haven't even released XY2/Z yet so if its a new Pokemon we'll either be waiting for a few years to use it or they do something unprecedented and have it appear in XY2/Z (we've had new forms and Mega Evolutions before, but never a full fledged new Pokemon). I'm going by a guess its a new form, like once again it being green and being worm/serpent-like leads me to thinking its related to Zygarde somehow. Going by the theory that the giant is also Zygarde, maybe in order to turn to it it needs to go through several stages for forms? Growing into a giant can't be that easy, there has to be some stages inbetween. Where this apparent larva form fits I don't know, it would seem odd for Zygarde to transform into a larva state an grow into the giant next (unless in order to turn into he giant Zygarde needs to turn back to a larva stage and work itself up from there, like instead of a larva turning into a serpent it would be like a sprouting plant turning into a tree giant (going along with the giant being based off Yggdrasil)).

Could be, but remember we aren't exactly going off the Norse mythology, just have similar thematic themes that can relate back to Norse Mythology. Though France was close to where Norse mythology was practiced it still lands a bit south out of its range. For a full Norse plot we'd probably need a region based in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, and/or Denmark.
But I thought new Pokemon tend to show up in the 3rd movie of every generation (apart from Gen 1 and 2)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
But I thought new Pokemon tend to show up in the 3rd movie of every generation (apart from Gen 1 and 2)
True, except for Gen IV where they waited for the 4th movie. But the appearance of these Pokemon make me think they have something to do with Zygarde than being a completely new Pokemon. But it's still too early to say anything, just theorize.

It's been a few days yet oddly the only good drawing we have of the new Pokemon that appeared at the end of the Clash of Age's teaser is still a black & white sketch:

We know it's mainly a vibrant green with a red stomach (guessing the "false eye" is white?), but I'd think by now someone would have taken a quick snapshot of it with their phone. *shrugs*

And I can't begin to fathom to guess what it could be. I doubt it's a new Pokemon, like I guess it could be but they haven't even released XY2/Z yet so if its a new Pokemon we'll either be waiting for a few years to use it or they do something unprecedented and have it appear in XY2/Z (we've had new forms and Mega Evolutions before, but never a full fledged new Pokemon). I'm going by a guess its a new form, like once again it being green and being worm/serpent-like leads me to thinking its related to Zygarde somehow. Going by the theory that the giant is also Zygarde, maybe in order to turn to it it needs to go through several stages for forms? Growing into a giant can't be that easy, there has to be some stages inbetween. Where this apparent larva form fits I don't know, it would seem odd for Zygarde to transform into a larva state an grow into the giant next (unless in order to turn into he giant Zygarde needs to turn back to a larva stage and work itself up from there, like instead of a larva turning into a serpent it would be like a sprouting plant turning into a tree giant (going along with the giant being based off Yggdrasil)).

Except other than the green color, it has almost nothing in common with Zygarde. And there have never been any baby forms for Legendaries, well, except for Lugia I guess. If this is Zygarde's baby form, I doubt we'll ever see this in-game.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Regarding the silhouette, because the "newcomer" on Serebii is not really the point of the thread (although it does link ot it in some fashion):

I think it is reasonable to expect another Pokémon game taking place in Kalos. GameFreak has a long-standing tradition of utilizing all their regions twice. Almost just as long-standing is the tradition of including new formes in the later games of a generation, and using them as a big selling point of these games. With that in mind, we can expect GameFreak to at some point advertise these new formes of existing Gen. VI Pokémon, before moving on to the next generation.

Also keep in mind that these new whatevers featured in trailers for next year's movie, which, unless they pull a great meta twist, will at most feature eventual new Pokémon as a "preview" of a generation to come. If, and I say if, the next games are officially revealed to be underway by the time that movie rolls around, there's still plenty of room to release a final (set of?) Gen. VI game(s). Unless the marketing period for Gen. VII is remarkably short, or the games are revealed within a month from now, another Gen. VI game can fit comfortably in the release schedule before Gen. VII becomes a thing. And considering what we know about Nintendo's next console, chances are they'll wait for that one before making any more Pokémon games. New formes of Pokémon already existent in the generation are fair game to be expected in a movie, however, as per Deoxys/Shaymin/Kuyrem. Any next-generation Pokémon are usually relegated to cameo status and not the focal part of the movie. Something as massive and looming as the "Silhouette 'mon" would not be a mere guest star, especially considering it's the first thing advertised about the movie.

So what we have is:
1) A mysterious shadow silhouette (plus what can reasonably be expected to be an "earliest possible look" at a Gen. VII Pokémon, which I'll omit here because the topic of the thread is the silhouette and not the new thing on Serebii).
2) A long-standing tradition of making new formes in follow-up games for a generation.
3) A region (Kalos) having only been used in one pair of games.
4) Plenty of time for a new Gen. VI game to be made before the earliest conceivable release point of a new generation.

All this considered, it's hard to conclude anything but that the silhouette is a hitherto unknown forme of an existing Pokémon, most likely Zygarde. The new something featured on Serebii is probably a "guest star" from the next generation, along the lines of Marill or Munchlax in previous generations. Or, well, it could be a weird forme of an existing Pokémon too. That option should not be entirely ruled out.

Cresselia~~

I think it is more likely to be a completely new Pokemon. We all went through the phase of expecting Alomomola to be an evo of Luvdisc.
Plus, as said before, new Pokemon tend to appear in the 3rd movie of most generations.

As for another Kalos game, I remember that in an interview, Game Freak did say they would use an unexpected way to wrap up Kalos, so there will be no Z, as it would be too predictable.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^By "it", do you mean the silhouette (the topic of the thread) or the mysterious 'mon posted on Serebii? I definitely agree the latter is most likely to be our first peek at Gen. VII, but the silhouette has all the signs of a "third version alternate forme" about it.

As for that interview, care to dig up a source?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Dude are you serious? It's so totally Zygarde this isn't even funny. It has 2 unreleased moves that have green hexagons in the animations and the preview creation has them too.
I think he just misspoke, he was talking about Kyurem previously and its getting kind of easy to mix up names of Legendaries since they're sort of turning into a mass of letters. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde... even in Japanese it probably sounds like you're talking nonsense instead of saying names of creatures.

I'm just gonna post a more high quality image of the new forme that someone took.

The most notable thing is how the "third eye" is a slit with a hexagonal opening in the middle. It looks as if the white slit on Zygarde's face between it's eyes is opening up. Also, we can see more details on the crown now, and it has some sort of collar thing.

edit: I know we aren't allowed to speculate here obviously, and this is incredibly retarded, but I'm just gonna point out that Deoxys has the same head slit and it's also a humanoid like the pic.

Last edited:
If I may be so bold as to speculate... the crown of course very much resembles the five back-spike-things behind Zygarde's head, and the slit and eyes give us a good idea as to the placement of... stuff. In fact, the collar to me very much looks like the snake-head has opened up to reveal the face inside.
The whole design looks like it's opening up, even. With how blocky and large the things on it's arms are, it looks like they could even contain the rest of the silouette and become one straight shape - a snake, even.

Cresselia~~

^By "it", do you mean the silhouette (the topic of the thread) or the mysterious 'mon posted on Serebii? I definitely agree the latter is most likely to be our first peek at Gen. VII, but the silhouette has all the signs of a "third version alternate forme" about it.

As for that interview, care to dig up a source?
I mean the latter.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/
Our interview also touched on the upcoming Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes for 3DS. Asked why Game Freak went down that route instead of creating, say, a "Pokemon Z" to follow 2013's X/Y, Masuda said the developer is always looking to surprise players.

"For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. "Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people."

Another driving factor in working on the remakes is that it's what fans want, Masuda said.

"There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example," he said. "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."
Seems that I remembered it wrongly.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well to be quite honest, a Z version is actually certainly a possibility. Sequels are possible too, but none of these aren't possible. And I think as for that interview, you're kind of taking it the wrong way. He said it would be not surprising if they made a Pokemon Z/whatever Zygarde gets directly after X and Y, as a third version usually rolls in directly after the original games, in other words it usually is the next game, and of course since Gen 5 didn't give us ORAS, they decided to surprise us by giving us ORAS after X and Y, thus we got our surprise this gen by getting well...ORAS. Much like how they surprised us last gen with BW2, this gen they decided to surprise us by giving us ORAS, which we expected last gen but didn't end up getting. The surprise Masuda was talking about was not about whether we are getting Z, it was more about the driving force as to why they decided to remake Ruby and Sapphire in the form of ORAS instead of directly handing us our new Kalos game. Furthermore, especially since the next Kalos game is far from ready to hit the scene as of yet, I don't think anyone at Game Freak wants to openly admit what their next Pokemon game will be, at least not until they are ready to announce it and have planned a release date for it.

In fact, to be quite honest since Zygarde exists and has Z written all over it (name starts with Z, it's shaped like a Z), I think that kind of makes it clear that a Pokemon Z is certainly a possibility. Of course something like sequels or something of a Kalos game is possible, but at the same time I wouldn't say Z isn't possible, and to be honest Zygarde actually is kind of evidence enough that it's possible. As a side note regarding this, It's been a trend since Diamond and Pearl that mascot legendaries will have the name of the game they represent in their own names, and their appearances will also reflect it. As examples, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina's names are all based off the words diamond, pearl, and platinum, which happen to be the names of the Sinnoh games, and Dialga has a chest diamond while Palkia has two pearls as arm joints. Giratina likewise has a body of platinum color. Xerneas and Yveltal kind of do the same thing as Dialga and Palkia, as their names have X and Y in them, and Xerneas is shaped like an X, while Yveltal is shaped like a Y. And believe it or not, Reshiram and Zekrom kind of do this as well: not only are they black and white, but if you really think about it, they have "black" and "white" in their names, albeit in Japanese. Reshiram's name has "shiro" in it (white) while Zekrom has "kuro" (black). Kyurem on the other hand was an exception, yeah I know it's gray, but there is no trace of the word "gray" in its name.

As for the silhouette itself, it's interesting to say the least. It's pretty clear to me that it's Zygarde, but the fact that it looks like it has arms or something makes it look a whole lot more powerful. This should be interesting as to what role Zygarde will play in Movie 19, and what the new form really looks like. Zygarde looks like a really interesting case now. This opens up new possibilities not only for Movie 19, but for possibly the next Kalos game.

Oh and as for possibilities of a new Gen 7 Pokemon showing up? Well it's not surprising. Usually, the final movie of a generation series of the anime will always showcase Pokemon from the next gen: we saw Munchlax, Manaphy, and Lucario before DP rolled in, and we saw Zorua and Zoroark before BW came, just to name a few.

I was rambling so much but yeah that's just my thoughts on some of the recent posts around here.

All I know is that I can hardly wait to see more of that new Pokémon, and I'm looking forward to how he looks in Amie!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It does. Game Freak tends to be good with unrelated Pokemon not looking super-similar to each other, so I don't know what the deal is.

The higher res image that BlazingFlareon uploaded a few posts above pretty much confirms the Zygarde connection for me, from the hexagonal middle eye and the five-split crown thing.
The other distinctive feature of the silhouette is its towering height, which reminds us of the Yggdrasil, and leads to my crack theory:
New silhouette is a result of Zygarde fusing with both Xerneas and Yveltal a la Kyurem-B or Kyurem-W (only this time Zygarde is fusing with BOTH Xerneas and Yveltal at the same time)

Some images for you guys to get a better idea of what I am talking about:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)