Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

I liked the core, I had a lot of fun building with it! The core struggled against Fairy-types so I added Magnezone as my Fairy killer, and my Talonflame check. Then I noticed how weak to team was to the likes of M-ZardX, M-Lopunny, M-Metagross, etc. So I added Landorus as the SR setter and as a check to these. Now, the team lacked a wall breaker, so I added Specs Keldeo to do so, also gave the team a much needed Weavile, Bisharp, and dark-type check. Latios was added as the team struggled to switch in to Keldeo, CharY, M-Manectric, and provided hazard control. Finally, I changed the Altaria to a SpDef Set to deal with M-Manectric, Keldeo, CharY, and Tornadus, all of whom were threats. Credit to Alkov for the idea.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
might as well ask to build around this. Came up with this core and posted it in oras good cores but i never got around to finishing the team.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Klefki @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunny Day
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

This is pretty much a nice ho core that sets sun up for mega houndoom boosting his spA to insane levels. Also spikes stack+doom in sun is really fun to use allowing you to get some kills you might just miss out on. Then again name the switch ins for a +2 sun boosted Fire blast LOL. got sludge bomb for azu. Probably pair this up with a nice offensive core that can take advantage of mega dooms wallbreaking capabilities. Sorry for short description. Its really self explanatory.

Edit: Avoid making this a sun team
take this

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hi

beedrill is fun af to use and has insanely powerful uturns, so i kinda wanted to use it. bisharp sounds like a decent partner simply because bee can soften up sooo many of bisharp's checks, such as garchomp or hippo, leaving the opposing team open for sd bisharp to plow through. toxic spikes bee simply because big balls and that little bit about weakening keldeo and further weakening grounded mons (i can't really think of any floating bisharp answers; hawlucha?????). sets can be changed up as needed, would prefer sd sharp but its fine to change that if it doesn't work out. dont think this has been made yet, unless i missed something somewhere idk. good luck and thanks to whoever takes this!

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

-Ixtamacunxi-

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Psychic

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

I liked the core, I had a lot of fun building with it! The core struggled against Fairy-types so I added Magnezone as my Fairy killer, and my Talonflame check. Then I noticed how weak to team was to the likes of M-ZardX, M-Lopunny, M-Metagross, etc. So I added Landorus as the SR setter and as a check to these. Now, the team lacked a wall breaker, so I added Specs Keldeo to do so, also gave the team a much needed Weavile, Bisharp, and dark-type check. Latios was added as the team struggled to switch in to Keldeo, CharY, M-Manectric, and provided hazard control. Finally, I changed the Altaria to a SpDef Set to deal with M-Manectric, Keldeo, CharY, and Tornadus, all of whom were threats. Credit to Alkov for the idea.
This team still gets decimated by Mega Altaria even with Lando-T. Landorus-T is pretty easy to pressure and wear down, and literally every other mon will get OHKOd by Dragon Dance Mega Altaria.

-Ixtamacunxi-

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Psychic

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Thanks a lot for the team! Will test it out right away :]

hi

beedrill is fun af to use and has insanely powerful uturns, so i kinda wanted to use it. bisharp sounds like a decent partner simply because bee can soften up sooo many of bisharp's checks, such as garchomp or hippo, leaving the opposing team open for sd bisharp to plow through. toxic spikes bee simply because big balls and that little bit about weakening keldeo and further weakening grounded mons (i can't really think of any floating bisharp answers; hawlucha?????). sets can be changed up as needed, would prefer sd sharp but its fine to change that if it doesn't work out. dont think this has been made yet, unless i missed something somewhere idk. good luck and thanks to whoever takes this!

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
i always wanted to use tspikes bee. taking this and this time i prolly won't delete it from my team builder when i am done. Goodra i am almost done with yours btw

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, here's the team for ir0n . As requested with a core of Infernape and Rotom-W, I completed it by adding on a Celebi to help cope with things like Keldeo/Starmie that can be annoying to the team while also fulfilling the FWG "core". The addition of Celebi meant that the team was rather weak to several things such as Kyurem-B, DD Mega Altaria and a couple other fairies so the choice of a Mega was Scizor. The bulky Roost + Swords Dance Scizor covers up this weakness fairly well and provide your team with the first win condition. To round up the team, a SpDef Gliscor and Clefable was placed there to cover up the weaknesses the team had and provide several status/typing immunity for the team.
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 164 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 56 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpD / 4Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Soft-Boiled

Last edited:
So, here's the team for ir0n . As requested with a core of Infernape and Rotom-W, I completed it by adding on a Celebi to help cope with things like Keldeo/Starmie that can be annoying to the team while also fulfilling the FWG "core". The addition of Celebi meant that the team was rather weak to several things such as Kyurem-B, DD Mega Altaria and a couple other fairies so the choice of a Mega was Scizor. The bulky Roost + Swords Dance Scizor covers up this weakness fairly well and provide your team with the first win condition. To round up the team, a SpDef Gliscor and Clefable was placed there to cover up the weaknesses the team had and provide several status/typing immunity for the team.
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 164 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 56 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpD / 4Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Soft-Boiled

Very nice team, thanks a lot , but what about using defog scizor instead?

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Very nice team, but what about using defog scizor instead?
Defog Scizor is fine as well if you find that hazard becomes too much of an issue would work too since the offensive power from Gliscor + Clefable + Infernape is enough imo but I did not faced such an issue while testing it for a couple of battles. :]

Defog Scizor is fine as well if you find that hazard becomes too much of an issue would work too since the offensive power from Gliscor + Clefable + Infernape is enough imo but I did not faced such an issue while testing it for a couple of battles. :]
Ok thanks a lot for your answer and thanks again for the team :)

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega Magic Bounce

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

After some deliberation with bludz, he handed the core off to me so I could make my debut for this shop (plus I really like this core). Anyways, I started off with the core you requested, and noticed how weak it is to Steel-types like Scizor and Ferrothorn, as HP Fire Serperior isn't nearly enough to handle them. Thus, I added bulky SD Talon with Wisp to burn normal switch ins like Lando and Rotom. Sharp Beak was originally an import error, but after playing a few test battles with it I actually kinda like it because it does give a notable power increase, although Leftovers is plenty viable. Next, I wanted something for Mega Manectric and other Electric types as well as Mega Lopunny and Mega Metagross, because right now they annoyed the crap out of me. Hippowdon was a good choice as it stops Electrics in their tracks and also lays down rocks. Next, Excadrill was added as a spinner, and it also helps deal with fast stuff thanks to Sand Rush. At this point, I was hella weak to Keldeo and Azumarill, so Slowbro was added as a check to both of these, although Azumarill is still quite problematic.

Well, there's the team. I tried it out quite a bit myself and really like it, so hopefully you will too.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've enjoyed checking out this thread from time to time (as well as the old one). Thanks again to ArchPhantom for the cool team in the last thread :]. Didn't see anything in the OP about posting 2 separate cores being against the rules, but I apologize in advance if it is frowned upon. I just have 2 cool (at least in my opinion) cores/pairings/ideas.

First up we have:

Garchomp @ Salac Berry/Lum Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute/Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder/Toxic Spikes/Hidden Power (Fire)

With rocky helmet chomp being so common (and good, of course) right now, offensive chomp variants I feel are underrated and perhaps a bit underprepared for (or at least can catch people off guard). Roserade is a cool mon that hits incredibly hard while providing strong utility options. The idea behind the synergy between these two is that a lot of the mons that like to come in on Rose (Heatran, Jirachi, Scizor among others) can be threatened/set up on by Garchomp, and Roserade can provide hazard support as well as check/counter things like Unaware Clef, Keldeo, Altaria, and Azumarill that can be annoying to Chomp or just in general. A 3rd mon that came to mind for me to pair with this core was Mega Aerodactyl, as this would provide an important check to mons like Talonflame and Torn-T which are very annoying to both mons of the "core", as well as be a solid late game cleaner after Chomp softens things up. Would really compound the Weavile weakness though. Of course I'll leave the decisions for best partners to the core up to the builders should any of you want to try it out.

2nd core is:

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Protect

Mega TTar is a really cool mon. It's incredibly bulky, allowing it to set up on many pokemon, and with this moveset it can lure in and KO threats such as Scizor/Ferrothorn/Landorus-T, which are all very annoying to Scolipede. Scolipede's job is to clean up late game. Not much more to say, as I feel the synergy here is much more obvious than in the 1st core.

My playstyle preference is some form of offense, but again, builders discretion for what they think works best. Thanks!
Got these. Gonna post teams for the other cores I have tonight.

Mega Magic Bounce

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

After some deliberation with bludz, he handed the core off to me so I could make my debut for this shop (plus I really like this core). Anyways, I started off with the core you requested, and noticed how weak it is to Steel-types like Scizor and Ferrothorn, as HP Fire Serperior isn't nearly enough to handle them. Thus, I added bulky SD Talon with Wisp to burn normal switch ins like Lando and Rotom. Sharp Beak was originally an import error, but after playing a few test battles with it I actually kinda like it because it does give a notable power increase, although Leftovers is plenty viable. Next, I wanted something for Mega Manectric and other Electric types as well as Mega Lopunny and Mega Metagross, because right now they annoyed the crap out of me. Hippowdon was a good choice as it stops Electrics in their tracks and also lays down rocks. Next, Excadrill was added as a spinner, and it also helps deal with fast stuff thanks to Sand Rush. At this point, I was hella weak to Keldeo and Azumarill, so Slowbro was added as a check to both of these, although Azumarill is still quite problematic.

Well, there's the team. I tried it out quite a bit myself and really like it, so hopefully you will too.
Thanks for the team man! I can't wait to try it out ^_^

Hi guys, really cool thread. I thought of this core and would like a HO team around it. It's a wobbuoffense core, but instead of using the mega mane I though what if Lando-T was used instead to get the same effect but without using the mega slot allowing you guys to have more options.

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hiya, I'm hoping to get a team based around a core that I've had trouble building around

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot / Ice Punch / Bullet Punch / Pursuit

Sub Salac SD Garchomp is an ancient relic from the days of BW, and I feel like most teams will not be prepared for it. The premise of the core is that Metagross breaks down Fairy types (eg. Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir) in order for Garchomp to set up and sweep. Would be appreciated if this didn't turn into a full-out Volt-Turn team, but do it if you need to.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hiya, I'm hoping to get a team based around a core that I've had trouble building around

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot / Ice Punch / Bullet Punch / Pursuit

Sub Salac SD Garchomp is an ancient relic from the days of BW, and I feel like most teams will not be prepared for it. The premise of the core is that Metagross breaks down Fairy types (eg. Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir) in order for Garchomp to set up and sweep. Would be appreciated if this didn't turn into a full-out Volt-Turn team, but do it if you need to.
mine

Hi guys, really cool thread. I thought of this core and would like a HO team around it. It's a wobbuoffense core, but instead of using the mega mane I though what if Lando-T was used instead to get the same effect but without using the mega slot allowing you guys to have more options.

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
definitely taking this :]

also Choice Bowtie, finishing up your team; going back & forth between 2 builds right now... will post ASAP!

Hello. Ever since Landorus got banned, I have been wanting to try out Nidoking due its ability to completely break balance, and its extremely diverse movepool. However I am having trouble building around it, and would love if someone better than me could build a team around this core. I chose to pair Nido with Ttar because it can pursuit trap two of the most common checks to nidoking: Lati@s and AV Torn-T. I felt band tar would be an ideal set becasue 1) its fun. And 2) It traps Torn-T a lot easier, easily killing with pursuit after rocks and immediately removing it for nido. Anyways, here are the sets and thanks in advance if anyone decides to pick this up :)

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast/Focus Blast
- Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Stealth Rock/Sucker Punch/Filler

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

“I got two versions. I got twoooo versions.”

Choice Bowtie I decided to just post both of these teams because even though I prefer the first one, the second one is pretty decent & fun to play with.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
(explanation / process) The little TWave spam gimmick was super fun to build, and it's really fun to play with. With that said, it can kinda struggle with Magic Bouncers (Sab/Diancie), speedy Electrics (Thundy/Raikou/Mane), and Ground types (mainly Excadrill). HO really hates all this shit & I don't like Klefki on HO all that much personally, so I decided to build my first balance team in a few months here haha. First, in your original core I made one big change: I switched Thunder Wave to Nasty Plot on Thundurus. This is because it's really nice to have an extra potential win condition, but if you want that TWave, below I'll explain a bunch of different stuff you can change around on the team. Anyways, I really wanted Mega Slowbro on this team. To put it simply, it's a super fat water that isn't passive, and all the different balance builds of this team ended with different Megas I didn't like that much. Slowbro helps to counter lots of fast and powerful things that can otherwise take down Hoopa. Pre-Mega it can act as a nice pivot thanks to Regenerator which is also really nice. Decided on CroBro here because it acts as a status absorber for the team, and it can last longer for offensive Waters. Hippowdon was added to help with those offensive Grounds/Electrics, Birdspam, etc. & to provide Stealth Rock. Finally, I added Sand Rush Excadrill to handle lots of annoying stuff like the Mega Chars, Mega Altaria, the previously mentioned speedy Electrics, etc. offensively. Adamant with Rapid Spin because this team really appreciates hazard removal.

(weaknesses) The main weaknesses that stood out when building this were Mega Sableye, VoltTurn shit, Serperior and status spam. Mega Sableye is just hard as hell to kill, and he has Magic Bounce AND Wisp. You can wear him down with Hoopa and Thundy, but he definitely takes some playing around. VoltTurn capitalizes on this team's general distaste for Bug type moves and speedy Electrics, but you can handle this decently with Thundy and Excadrill (offensively), and Hippo sorta (defensively). Opposing status spam is a bitch; you have lots of stuff that is immune to TWave/Toxic, but Wisp can really hurt this team. CroBro acts as a nice status absorber thanks to rest, and in emergency situations, Thundy getting burned isn't the end of the world. Serp is pretty annoying, but Klefki can handle it decently & it can gimp it with TWave.

(other options) You have quite a few other options with this team. If you really wanna run Thunder Wave on Thundurus, it won't really hurt that bad, but you lose out on a potential win condition. To make up for this, you can run SD Excadrill, but then you lose out on a spinner. Slowbro can be played around with a lot if you're comfortable with playing risky around burns. You can run a more standard set (Scald, Slack Off, Calm Mind, Psyshock/Thunder Wave), but seriously burns will fuck you I can't stress that. Thunder Wave can be fun to play with the TWave spam gimmick, and Psyshock is really nice for Keldeo who can be kinda annoying for sure.

Now the bonus team I threw in for no reason whatsoever!

Klefki @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Gonna be quick with this one; I pretty much threw it in because it looked solid & there's no point in letting it go to waste. I didn't really test it enough to know all it's flaws and shit, but the couple of times I did use it, it was really fun to use! Mega Lopunny work really nicely with Hoopa offensively, and it provides Healing Wish support to make up for lack of hazard removal & cleric support here which is really nice. Azumarill helps with Keldeo which is really important here, and it adds a potential win con with the Belly Drum set. You can run Jolly max Speed with Return > Knock Off here if Venusaur is a problem. Air Balloon Heatran can switch into a Wisp and hit something hard with a boosted Magma Storm, and it helps with Talon/Char-Y a bit thanks to Stone Edge. You can run Taunt > SR if you don't care about Rocks and/or if you REALLY hate stall lol. This team really doesn't like speedy Electrics and common threats to HO like Mega Lopunny. With most of these speedy Pokemon, you can gimp them with TWave, but that's definitely not happening against an Excadrill in Sand, so you're just gonna have to stall out it's Sand with sac's and Fake Outs lol. Soo basically Mega Mane and Excadrill really fuck this one up :(
Sorry if this team & explanation isn't up to par, I just kinda decided that I wanted to throw it on here last minute... at least you might be able to have a little fun with it c:

Hopefully you enjoy these teams! If you have any questions / concerns about them, feel free to PM me on here or on PS! (I'm usually in OU / Competitive Tutoring). Thanks to bludz for helping me out in general and DennisEG for recommending CroBro.
edit: special thanks to seventyfive for building a really nice Hoopa + Klefki team that I had to try REALLY hard not to copy ;^)

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Liem

I couldn't see your sets because the quote system cut them off so I made my own n_n The first thing I noticed about the core is that it seemed kind of weak to Clefable and Lati, so I went with AV Metagross as an amazing answer to both. Metagross is pretty much the best answer to Lati in the game, while also checking fairies and providing more prio. Next, I looked a bit weak to Keldeo and Excadrill sand, so I chose Slowbro as my bulky water. Slowbro also checks Zard, which is a pretty big threat. Finally, I needed SR, wanted something to take advntage of Lati and fairies being taken out, as well as a slight check to Zard Y, so Garchomp made sense. I went with LO SD because it pairs pretty well with Breloom. Weaknesses to the team include Bisharp, which can be a bit of an issue if Breloom goes down. takes smart playing with Chomp and Breloom to beat Bisharp.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Vinc608

This core is super duper scizor weak, so I built two teams that paired the core with mons that take advantage of steels. The first had Volc and ended up super offensive but I like this one with HP Fire Manaphy more. Gardevoir and Weavile are both powerful threats, and when paired with Manaphy. manaphy can switch into Scizor on SDs or BPs and hit it with an HP Fire or just Tail Glow. Tangrowth provides a Ferrothorn switch-in, and also checks electric types and Keldeo. Skarmory checks stuff like Excadrill, while also providing spikes, which the rest of the team loves. Finally, Heatran is the stall breaker, trapping bulkier mons, luring in Heatran, and providing Stealth Rock. It also checks Clefable with Taunt, though Manaphy also checks it. Zard X is a bit of an issue if you dont keep tran healthy or keep up offensive pressure with gard, Manaphy, etc.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
“I got two versions. I got twoooo versions.”

Choice Bowtie I decided to just post both of these teams because even though I prefer the first one, the second one is pretty decent & fun to play with.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
(explanation / process) The little TWave spam gimmick was super fun to build, and it's really fun to play with. With that said, it can kinda struggle with Magic Bouncers (Sab/Diancie), speedy Electrics (Thundy/Raikou/Mane), and Ground types (mainly Excadrill). HO really hates all this shit & I don't like Klefki on HO all that much personally, so I decided to build my first balance team in a few months here haha. First, in your original core I made one big change: I switched Thunder Wave to Nasty Plot on Thundurus. This is because it's really nice to have an extra potential win condition, but if you want that TWave, below I'll explain a bunch of different stuff you can change around on the team. Anyways, I really wanted Mega Slowbro on this team. To put it simply, it's a super fat water that isn't passive, and all the different balance builds of this team ended with different Megas I didn't like that much. Slowbro helps to counter lots of fast and powerful things that can otherwise take down Hoopa. Pre-Mega it can act as a nice pivot thanks to Regenerator which is also really nice. Decided on CroBro here because it acts as a status absorber for the team, and it can last longer for offensive Waters. Hippowdon was added to help with those offensive Grounds/Electrics, Birdspam, etc. & to provide Stealth Rock. Finally, I added Sand Rush Excadrill to handle lots of annoying stuff like the Mega Chars, Mega Altaria, the previously mentioned speedy Electrics, etc. offensively. Adamant with Rapid Spin because this team really appreciates hazard removal.

(weaknesses) The main weaknesses that stood out when building this were Mega Sableye, VoltTurn shit, Serperior and status spam. Mega Sableye is just hard as hell to kill, and he has Magic Bounce AND Wisp. You can wear him down with Hoopa and Thundy, but he definitely takes some playing around. VoltTurn capitalizes on this team's general distaste for Bug type moves and speedy Electrics, but you can handle this decently with Thundy and Excadrill (offensively), and Hippo sorta (defensively). Opposing status spam is a bitch; you have lots of stuff that is immune to TWave/Toxic, but Wisp can really hurt this team. CroBro acts as a nice status absorber thanks to rest, and in emergency situations, Thundy getting burned isn't the end of the world. Serp is pretty annoying, but Klefki can handle it decently & it can gimp it with TWave.

(other options) You have quite a few other options with this team. If you really wanna run Thunder Wave on Thundurus, it won't really hurt that bad, but you lose out on a potential win condition. To make up for this, you can run SD Excadrill, but then you lose out on a spinner. Slowbro can be played around with a lot if you're comfortable with playing risky around burns. You can run a more standard set (Scald, Slack Off, Calm Mind, Psyshock/Thunder Wave), but seriously burns will fuck you I can't stress that. Thunder Wave can be fun to play with the TWave spam gimmick, and Psyshock is really nice for Keldeo who can be kinda annoying for sure.

Now the bonus team I threw in for no reason whatsoever!

Klefki @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Gonna be quick with this one; I pretty much threw it in because it looked solid & there's no point in letting it go to waste. I didn't really test it enough to know all it's flaws and shit, but the couple of times I did use it, it was really fun to use! Mega Lopunny work really nicely with Hoopa offensively, and it provides Healing Wish support to make up for lack of hazard removal & cleric support here which is really nice. Azumarill helps with Keldeo which is really important here, and it adds a potential win con with the Belly Drum set. You can run Jolly max Speed with Return > Knock Off here if Venusaur is a problem. Air Balloon Heatran can switch into a Wisp and hit something hard with a boosted Magma Storm, and it helps with Talon/Char-Y a bit thanks to Stone Edge. You can run Taunt > SR if you don't care about Rocks and/or if you REALLY hate stall lol. This team really doesn't like speedy Electrics and common threats to HO like Mega Lopunny. With most of these speedy Pokemon, you can gimp them with TWave, but that's definitely not happening against an Excadrill in Sand, so you're just gonna have to stall out it's Sand with sac's and Fake Outs lol. Soo basically Mega Mane and Excadrill really fuck this one up :(
Sorry if this team & explanation isn't up to par, I just kinda decided that I wanted to throw it on here last minute... at least you might be able to have a little fun with it c:

Hopefully you enjoy these teams! If you have any questions / concerns about them, feel free to PM me on here or on PS! (I'm usually in OU / Competitive Tutoring). Thanks to bludz for helping me out in general and DennisEG for recommending CroBro.
edit: special thanks to seventyfive for building a really nice Hoopa + Klefki team that I had to try REALLY hard not to copy ;^)
Wow, two for the price of one. Thanks a lot, Moons I'll get right to testing them. I'm glad you had fun with the concept. Keep up the good work :)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi builders, i'm glad to see that you are open for the moment^^ Today my request is an offensive team around 2 of my fav mon's !

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Those mons are really...strong! Just putting pressure on the opponent team is what I love with this core. Weavile is a great anti-offense and Medicham just destroys big fat mon's. Have fun building guys^^
PS: if you could put some badass nicknames, it would be very nice^^ (m00ns nicks for the win)
ok

Good day builders, I've been trying to build a team around specially defensive Char X, but I haven't had much success with it.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

I saw this core in the ORAS good cores page and really liked it. I believe this core was posted by omegasization, so credits to him for that. Balance and stall have always been my preferred playstyles as I cannot play HO for nuts. I've always wanted to use Char X's specially defensive set on a stall/semistall team, but every team I build with specially defensive Char X always falls apart. Most of the teams I've built with specially defensive Char X have problems dealing with mega sableye, mega venusaur and serperior. I've tried my best to rectify problems with those teams but my lack of knowledge of teambuilding is kind of hindering my progress. Would prefer a more stall-ish team with this core, but balance is fine too.

Also, I'd like to thank all the builders for doing such a wonderful job. Your explanations on your thought processes in teambuilding and the game in general has given me much insight on the game in general. Seeing as I stopped playing for about 4-5 months, having a resource like this is truly a gift. Thank you all builders! :D

Saw someone using this 'core' in an RMT but didn't like the team they made for it; would love to see what you guys can do with it.

Victini @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

The basic idea here is to kill shit, which is great because I love playing a nice aggressive play-style. I think running some kind of Volt/Turn support could be really handy to a) synergise with victini's u-turn and b) get these monsters free switches to make the most of their insane offensive potential. The sets aren't particularly important, but I'd like to keep them as offensive as possible.

Loving the thread guys, keep up the good work!

Liem

I couldn't see your sets because the quote system cut them off so I made my own n_n The first thing I noticed about the core is that it seemed kind of weak to Clefable and Lati, so I went with AV Metagross as an amazing answer to both. Metagross is pretty much the best answer to Lati in the game, while also checking fairies and providing more prio. Next, I looked a bit weak to Keldeo and Excadrill sand, so I chose Slowbro as my bulky water. Slowbro also checks Zard, which is a pretty big threat. Finally, I needed SR, wanted something to take advntage of Lati and fairies being taken out, as well as a slight check to Zard Y, so Garchomp made sense. I went with LO SD because it pairs pretty well with Breloom. Weaknesses to the team include Bisharp, which can be a bit of an issue if Breloom goes down. takes smart playing with Chomp and Breloom to beat Bisharp.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Vinc608

This core is super duper scizor weak, so I built two teams that paired the core with mons that take advantage of steels. The first had Volc and ended up super offensive but I like this one with HP Fire Manaphy more. Gardevoir and Weavile are both powerful threats, and when paired with Manaphy. manaphy can switch into Scizor on SDs or BPs and hit it with an HP Fire or just Tail Glow. Tangrowth provides a Ferrothorn switch-in, and also checks electric types and Keldeo. Skarmory checks stuff like Excadrill, while also providing spikes, which the rest of the team loves. Finally, Heatran is the stall breaker, trapping bulkier mons, luring in Heatran, and providing Stealth Rock. It also checks Clefable with Taunt, though Manaphy also checks it. Zard X is a bit of an issue if you dont keep tran healthy or keep up offensive pressure with gard, Manaphy, etc.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
thank you for the team. next time you cant see the sets bc of something, let me know before you start building, and I will send it again. I will change some things around, but other than that, the team looks great! I'm gonna hit the ladder ASAP! I appreciate your service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)