Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I would like a team based around mamoswine. LO mamoswine is very underrated atm imo, and is extremely hard to switch into and I feel with the right team support it can shine in this meta. It performs very well against the fat balance teams (hippo,venu,clef,skarm,mana,t tar,ferro,slowbro,torn t) and stall teams(the usual suspects) that are quite common atm. The only thing I ask of you when you make this team is that you dont make mamo sash lead because I dont think thats a waste of potential. If you disagree with that please tell me why. Thanks for reading :]

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry
I actually had a core for this in mind (Mamo + Mag + Torn/MPidge) which I was gonna try to build for myself for fun. If that core doesn't work out I'll nix the team but I'll still build this, and don't worry I won't use Sash Mamo lol

This is a core posted in the OU Good Cores thread featuring Hex Gengar and Calm Mind Clefable.

+

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Apparently, this core is centred on having the pair spread status with Wisp / Thunder Wave and then have Gengar wallbreak with Hex or have Clefable Calm Minding to victory. Hex is a move which allows Gengar to lure Gliscor, which is beneficial for Clefable to sweep. 196 Def allows Clefable to avoid the 2HKO from a burned Bisharp's Iron Head.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I'm hoping somebody can build a team around this since my own attempts resulted in spectacular failure.
Picking this up too but I'm probably gonna change Clefable's spread since I can add a Bisharp check to the team.

I actually had a core for this in mind (Mamo + Mag + Torn/MPidge) which I was gonna try to build for myself for fun. If that core doesn't work out I'll nix the team but I'll still build this, and don't worry I won't use Sash Mamo lol

Picking this up too but I'm probably gonna change Clefable's spread since I can add a Bisharp check to the team.
I think Vertex is already building around it

Nedor

thiccc
+

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

i am looking for an OFFENSIVE TEAM based around this core. Weavile takes on Venu's threats such as Latios, Tornadus, and heatran to some extent. Venu checks Weaviles checks like Azu, keldeo, clefable, and certain scizor variants
taking this but I might change around the spreads / sets.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I'm not really on builders but considering I mod the forums and I still mediate a lot of this amongst other things like test and rate these before they get put on I figured I would grab some of the unfinished cores here.

Soldier

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Calm Mind

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Ok so first off I have no idea where you got those terrible speed benchmarks from but if it's from a friend I highly suggest you ditch that friend and replace he / she with a nice sweet christian chick. - outl advice

M-Gyarados doesn't necessarily need a water move as Crunch is really the only obligatory thing and after that it's based on team needs and lure purposes. I went with Ice Fang / EQ as Ice Fang breaks past the increasing usage of Breloom while putting a huge dent into Amoonguss who is found on many defensive teams now. Earthquake is going to make whatever bad matchup you had against Rotom-W the easiest win of your life while hitting normal checks like Keldeo and Azumarill for solid damage. CM Raikou supplements M-Gyarados in breaking down fat waters that annoy it. HP Ice is mandatory but if you end up using something like this in a tournament and know the guy is a defensive player HP Grass can be an option to break Quagsire. Sets pretty standard could use another coverage option over Volt Switch like Shadow Ball or Extrasensory, with Extra helping with M-Venu more. Talonflame set is stupidly standard idk what else to say other than you can throw on Wisp or Taunt but I like Flare Blitz so your matchup isn't garbage against M-Scizor and Raikou / Thundurus. Every defensive core has that Starmie, Ferro, Hippo stuff but considering 1. It's boring 2. had to cover some things defensively for the offensive core to benefit I went a different route. I chose Seismitoad as opposed to all the usual grounds as I wanted another Keldeo switch in of sorts or at least a decent water switch in. I chose Sludge Bomb as a coverage option cause Azumarill is literally satan, which helps Ferro not be worn down by it constantly. Ferrothorn is just tect / Leech Seed to provide longevity. Leftovers is the basic item, if you're playing a higher level game or in an area where trappers are prevalent consider using Shed Shell. Life Orb Starmie is just Scald / Psychic, Scald for water STAB that doesn't miss and to burn all the time cause that's just Scald, Psychic to hit Rotom-W, Venusaur and other targets for neutral damage. Natural Cure to remove status.

FootHead58

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Spikes
Ok foothead58 kind of pressed for time and the premise behind my teambuilding most times isn't some long process with some philosophical component behind it, especially tonight when it's a day before work so screeeew that. I went with your core changed a couple things to stuff I thought would suit build and meta better like Tbolt on Starmie to hit waters. Chose Ferro as the rocker since rocks is mandatory gives me a switch in to fairies and have Thunder Wave for the geniuses that think switching in their Tflame and Zards freely is a good idea. Band Tar is a more reliable way of pursuit trapping the latis, something that annoys the mega of choice here since it normally has to play mind games in hitting them or the ground prone target. Speaking of which Mega Garchomp serves as the teams wall-breaker and a focal point. I chose jolly cause getting outpaced by base 80s is stupid and you have SD to compensate for the power. Skarmory with speed allows me to taunt things like M-Venusaur and below to stop them from using support moves like bulky SD Scizors trying to heal and set up or other Defoggers and spikers such as normal Skarmory. I sort of needed some counterplay to Weavile other than max speed Talonflame lol and a ground immunity to stuff like Excadrill and Lando-T so there's that to. My Mega chomp has 0 happiness because it is very angry ready to destroy walls.

The pros put some shit together and then give it some test runs. No need to overthink a teambuilding process when most of the teambuilding process comes from practicality anyways. It's nice to try and imagine everything you're going to handle but it's impossible and is a huge headache. Don't get me wrong you need to consider plenty of options in the teambuilder portion to succeed but sometimes you got to go with the flow and remedy mistakes onwards.

Ok so this is sort of catchup post asking anyone who hasn't had a team built or gotten their core taken yet to respond to this comment. Just quote your post in the reply. I don't make any promises and I would be lying to you if I said I'll take what's left but it'd be nice to know what's actually left instead of me trying to look through different posts.

And for the last time no the OP is not updated and hasn't been in a timely fashion stop nagging about that. We're working on remedying that a bit but jesus the self entitlement is baffling around here sometimes. chill.

Enjoy teams.

special thanks to FookMi?

Me and ur mom

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Heal Bell

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Rest
- Thunder Wave
mamoswine is ridiculous with its insane coverage forcing an ample amount of switches. combine this with the fact it checks raikou and mega manectric, teambuilding has proven itself to be less of a hassle compared to other cores / 'mons i have builded around. basically with the suggestion, i know latios is going to be sweet teammate for checking keldeo and removing spikes (team doesn't mind stealth rock much). with draco meteor in its arsenal, you can pull some tricky double switches against buliker teams so mamoswine can nuke more things. at this point i incorporated klefki to complement mamoswine's rocks, but it was rather unappealing because it slowed down momentum while allowing garchomp to common in for free which is easily the most annoying threat for this squad because it can just dragon tail everything. thundurus brings in offensive presence and can still control the pace of the game.

mega tyranitar was used initially as a win condition and checking the latis, but i then switched off to mega lopunny because it can defeat offense which mamoswine might not be able to consistently mess with. heatran was my replacement lati switch in and with magma storm + toxic, you can wear down a lot of lop and mamo's check such as rotom-w, garchomp, and slowbro. the 6th team member required a lot of thinking. basically, i need a check to opposing lopunny, but i also needed to supply a physical water resist. garchomp doesn't fit, neither does landorus-t

the based lord qwilfish is something no teambuilder should ever consider. with intimidate and maxing out physical defense you turn into a behemoth tanking hits from lopunny, azumarill, feraligatr, and even mega metagross. this opportunity either opens a way to be broken and scald or cripple something with thunder wave. rest seems like garbage recovery, but lopunny can click heal bell using the switches it forces out. also, shiny qwilfish looks very lethal so gg

very cool team. hope you enjoy it with your mom lol

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
matthewc20090

Core: Gallade + Bisharp

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So here's the team. I switched out Gallade's set for a better one because SD only works vs really fat teams and those are few and far between nowadays. Instead, I went for Wisp + 3 attacks, which is able to put in work vs bulky offense by burning Gallade's checks and still doing a lot of damage to other things. Bisharp was made to be Lum SD because Lum SD is its best set imo, as it sets up on a plethora of things and doesn't fear Scald burns anymore, so Slowbro can't magically check it anymore. Moving on, I added Specs Keldeo to break the fat grounds that give the two trouble such as Gliscor Hippowdon, Garchomp, and Landorus-T. Next, I added Lando T as a rocks setter. Given this team's offensive nature, I gave it SD and an offensive EV spread. I'm using Leftovers on this variant to better check certain things such as Excadrill, but Lum Berry or Earth Plate are good other options. Choice Scarf Jirachi was added because Team Pokepals tutored me in the way of having a Fairy resist so I listed to him because sometimes he makes good suggestions. It also gives me a good Lati switch in and also provides Healing Wish support, which can be invaluable at times. Finally, Nasty Plot Thunder Wave Thundurus was added to give the team more speed control and also wallbreak quite well. It also checks Talonflame quite nicely so that's a thing. Specifically it breaks bulky Grass and Water-types with boosted HP Ices and Thunderbolts, which can greatly benefit the team. HP Flying over HP Ice is also a good option as well, although it isn't exactly needed.

Weaknesses to this team include Wisp Zard X, which is an absolute bitch to face, as Lando-T hates being burned and nothing else has a chance to break it if burned. A well-played Mega Lopunny or Mega Manectric can also be problematic, but there is counterplay to both so they won't automatically 6-0 you. Enjoy.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was gonna do it anyway but now I'll post the team in this thread when I make it I guess. I'll explain the core I intend to build around:

OR

Mamoswine is a load that has very few switch-ins bar a few steel types like Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory. This makes Magneton (or Magnezone) a cool partner since it can trap these for Mamo to run rampant. A scarfed set adds some speed since Mamo isn't particularly fast and that's why I intend to try Magneton first. This core alone is kinda cool (got the idea from ThePack who told me he had the idea with GeeMick & ArchPhantom, forgive me if I forget the actual originator or something lol), but I wanted to add a third member. I felt like a fast special attacker with a spammable STAB would fit and that's why I think Torn/MPidge would fit. Adds speed, completes the Volt-Turn core to get Mamo free switches, and appreciates Mamo's ability to threaten/remove Rotom-Wash, Zapdos and in Pidgeot's case Heatran and Tyranitar as well.

Anyway if this core turns out to be bad I'll just build another team lol but this was a project I intended to do on my own anyway, so I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
Core: Mega Venusaur + Weavile

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Hi Liem! First off, I know you did want a more offensive team as you mentioned in your post, but a core like this wouldn't function properly on more offensively inclined builds, so I decided to go a more balanced route. I altered the spreads / sets on M-Venu as well as Weavile slightly to make the overall build more optimal, and it fit better. Moving on, the original core was pretty basic; Pursuit Weavile is capable of removing pests like Tornadus-T and Lati@s, which supports in M-Venusaur beating the opposing team. After analyzing the core, I made a generic formula which would support the core as best as possible, which was M-Venusaur / Weavile / Stallbreaker / Ground / Steel / Speed.

The chosen Stallbreaker ended up being Manaphy as it helped the overall goal of the team while checking some important threats, provides a bulky Water which is always appreciated on builds like this, as well as a way to break slower builds. Additionally, Pursuit Weavile + Manaphy also dealt with balance to an even greater degree as it removes one of the more common checks to Manaphy, Lati@s while also weakening down bulky Grasses and speedy Electrics. The bulky Ground in the next slot would be mandatory as it would provide the most compression possible in Rocks, checking threats such as DD Zard-X, offensive Electrics as M-Venu gets overwhelmed with relative ease along with Bisharp and Excadrill. Another choice could've been Landorus-T, but wasn't chosen as it would leave the team too vulnerable to Bisharp and Zard-X due to the lack of recovery, so after testing both options, Hippowdon was the optimal choice.

Steels are typically staples on balance builds as they check offensive Fairies as well as Dragon types which would otherwise pressure the team. Originally I tested SpD Jirachi in the next slot, and although it provided speed control and a general Fairy / Dragon resist, Scizor was utilised to provide the most compression possible in Defog, a slow pivot in U-Turn, priority, as well as better checking powerful wallbreakers being Latios, Gengar, Alakazam and Kyurem-Black. Lastly, the build was extremely Manaphy and Zard-Y weak; CM Latios would be the best choice to provide checks to said threats, an excellent wallbreaker and a way of pressuring fatter builds alongside Manaphy.

Colbur Berry Latios is an option to deal with Pursuit + Zard-Y slightly better, but the losing a ton of power in Life Orb is unappreciated and this build is a weak to M-Scizor if Manaphy and M-Venusaur get weakened severely. Although CM + T-Wave Clefable is a problem it can be played around and pressured, the build flat out loses to DD Mega-Gyarados as well as QD Volcarona as they both get set up opportunities on Weavile, -2 Latios, as well as Scizor. Something you can possibly consider and test is TG + RD + Rest Manaphy, but it would make you slightly more vulnerable to SD M-Sciz. Hope you like the build!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Thundurus (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 208 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover / Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

OR

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Hey Volteli this is a pretty solid and easy core to build around because each one of the core breaks each other counter/check althought the only playstyle that works with this core is Offense, not necessary have to be HO so, the way i build this team is based on a pivot + multi switch ins/offensive support mon. The first adition is Lando-T able to gaining momentum due to U-Turn and also is my rocks setter/ check of strong phisycal type attacker like Lopu/Metagross/Talon(not Wisp), it doesnt one shot any of those mon but can pivot nicely to have free switch ins in the threats you have in you side so this way you can pressure the opponent and also complete the U-Turn Pass core with Lopunny, next the team was extremely weak to Keldeo/Zard Y and hazard and there is only one mon that can be an offensive support which is Latias, i choose latias because has more bulk then his twin also have access to HW and give another chance our threats, and last i choose Gothitele as main option but this
also fits incredible well, gothi give you popularity and chance to cripple unaware mons/fat annoying walls but thundy give you priority t-wave for neutralize like Zard X or Mega-Alt and immediatly power as gengar does too. So that's the team hopefully it likes and gl man !

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Thundurus (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 208 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover / Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

OR

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Hey Volteli this is a pretty solid and easy core to build around because each one of the core breaks each other counter/check althought the only playstyle that works with this core is Offense, not necessary have to be HO so, the way i build this team is based on a pivot + multi switch ins/offensive support mon. The first adition is Lando-T able to gaining momentum due to U-Turn and also is my rocks setter/ check of strong phisycal type attacker like Lopu/Metagross/Talon(not Wisp), it doesnt one shot any of those mon but can pivot nicely to have free switch ins in the threats you have in you side so this way you can pressure the opponent and also complete the U-Turn Pass core with Lopunny, next the team was extremely weak to Keldeo/Zard Y and hazard and there is only one mon that can be an offensive support which is Latias, i choose latias because has more bulk then his twin also have access to HW and give another chance our threats, and last i choose Gothitele as main option but this
also fits incredible well, gothi give you popularity and chance to cripple unaware mons/fat annoying walls but thundy give you priority t-wave for neutralize like Zard X or Mega-Alt and immediatly power as gengar does too. So that's the team hopefully it likes and gl man !
I know the core had Manaphy on it but whoever this was built for I'd consider Keldeo over Manaphy as well, seeing as how Mega Lopunny is the only thing holding back Weavile from boning the entire team. Keldeo works better on the Thundurus version though, seeing as how Keldeo > Manaphy also makes you a bit weaker to TFlame, granted it doesn't find too many opportunities to set up. The Thundurus variant also stops Lopunny from being the only decent counterplay to Gengar and Torn-T as well. If you do stick with Thundurus you might want to consider Nasty Plot or Mystic Water / Taunt Keldeo so you slow down pressure from Clefable. Without Goth Clef can kind of pressure this team seeing as how Latias doesn't have the potential to break Clefable while something like Latios does, requiring you to play more aggressively.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Karxrida

Electrics spam is super good rn. A lot of people only have a few electric checks that they'll slap on last minute and call it a day, especially offensive teams. NP Thundy and Mega Mane easily wear down the likes of Lati, Hippo, and SDef Tran for one another. Since the core does struggle somewht against stall though, and needed a more dedicated Lai switch-in, I chose Magma Storm Tran as the next partner, since it can trap problem mons like Chansey and wear down stuff like Gastro. BD Azu simply benefits from the other Pokemon being around. It appreciated Lati being weakened by all the other mons so far, while also stuff Like Keldeo and Rotom-W being put into +6 AJ range by Magma Storm. The electric types can weaken the likes of Mega Venu as well. Lati is a reliable keldeo check as well as a defogger, and finally, Breloom fits in pretty much the same as Azu does. Helps wear down Lati, forms a solid 1-2 punch kind of core with rest of the team for Mega Venu, and can soft check Lopunny, which is easily the biggest threat to this team. You can use T wave NP Thundy if setup sweepers are too much, which works for sure, I just like being able to lure and KO Ferro.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

NinetyNineNo

Hydreigon is a mon that looks so good on paper, but has trouble working in practice because you have to know exactly what to pair it with to give it consistent switch-ins. I went with a core of Superpower Hydreigon and Fire Blast Altaria. The first is a cool Tran lure, as well as having the ability to break stall (or at the very least chansey) if they aren't careful or if they fear Flash Cannon enough to not switch their Clef in. Keldeo makes for the PERFECT partner for this core. Defensive Starmie and Slowbro are two of the Pokemon that will give Hydreigon a near free switch in, and Sub CM Keld ensures that it will be. If Keldeo goes for sub, and either of those mons are the opponent's primary Keldeo switch in, they are forced to go for Psyshock or risk being set up on. No T wave from Bro, no Scald Burn scares from Starmie. Psyshock is the mandatory move in that situation, which gives Hydreigon a free switch. Klefki sets up Spikes (making it another Starmie lure) but it also lures in Hippo, which, again, is a free switch for Hydreigon. It also forces in Sableye against stall, which is an easy double to Altaria or Keldeo. Lando-T checks Excadrill and provides rocks, as well as a relatively slow U-Turn meaning Keldeo and Hydreigon can get more switches without having to take damage. Finally, Serp is the actual stall check, with Spikes support it can break through most common stall builds unless they have something like Defog Skarm as their hazard removal, which can be kind of difficult to deal with, but not impossible to play around (t wave does magical things). I went with HP Ground since it works as a Tran lure better than any mon ever for Alt, but with no HP Fire, the team has like, no Ferro switch-in sooo...up to you. If I had to say the major issues with the team, I would say that it probably places too much defensive pressure on Klefki, which has to beat Lati, Weavile, Zam, Torn-T, etc. Still, if you play smart against teams with more than one of those mons, you can definitely come on top.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Return
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Roost

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground] / [Fire]
- Taunt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)