Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Serebii says: "HP is restored when hit by Water-type moves or when it is raining but also makes the Pokémon weak to Fire-type."
Judging by that I thought Fire-type moves would be super effective :/
Well, on Thick Fat Pokemon I do believe it displays Fire and Ice moves are super effective, so I'm quite sure that for Dry Skin as well the text does not change, only the damage.

Hmm. Serebii says: "HP is restored when hit by Water-type moves or when it is raining but also makes the Pokémon weak to Fire-type."
Judging by that I thought Fire-type moves would be super effective :/
Abilities don't change the text if they don't render the Pokemon immune to the incoming attack. (as is the case with that Toxicroak. It just takes extra damage from Fire)

Well, on Thick Fat Pokemon I do believe it displays Fire and Ice moves are super effective, so I'm quite sure that for Dry Skin as well the text does not change, only the damage.
Abilities don't change the text if they don't render the Pokemon immune to the incoming attack. (as is the case with that Toxicroak. It just takes extra damage from Fire)
Alright, thanks for clarifying. I could've sworn I once saw a Heliolisk taking super effective damage from a Fire Blast. I guess I dreamed that.

This is most likely not the right place to talk about this, but at least it's the least wrong kind of place I guess. So here I go.

Has anyone thought about abusing Inver's Inverse Battle system with False Swipe/Hold Back? I have been doing it for quite a while now, and you can rack up evolution stones and Rare Candies quite easily if you have a Pokemon at a high level and if Inver uses a Ghost, Rock or Steel-type Pokemon (which is surprisingly quite often the case). You can just keep spamming False Swipe and all of the hits will count as super effective on those Pokemon normally resistant, even if no extra damage has been dealt. If the Pokemon he uses happens to have a strong STAB inverse effective move against your False Swiper, you can stall out their PP with Max Potions most of the time.

I was feeling sort of genius when a friend told me he had never heard of this trick, and I haven't found anyone talking about it elsewhere. If this is old news, I will retreat (quietly, and a bit shamefully). But if this could contribute in any way, I thought I would at least have to give that a try.

This is most likely not the right place to talk about this, but at least it's the least wrong kind of place I guess. So here I go.

Has anyone thought about abusing Inver's Inverse Battle system with False Swipe/Hold Back? I have been doing it for quite a while now, and you can rack up evolution stones and Rare Candies quite easily if you have a Pokemon at a high level and if Inver uses a Ghost, Rock or Steel-type Pokemon (which is surprisingly quite often the case). You can just keep spamming False Swipe and all of the hits will count as super effective on those Pokemon normally resistant, even if no extra damage has been dealt. If the Pokemon he uses happens to have a strong STAB inverse effective move against your False Swiper, you can stall out their PP with Max Potions most of the time.

I was feeling sort of genius when a friend told me he had never heard of this trick, and I haven't found anyone talking about it elsewhere. If this is old news, I will retreat (quietly, and a bit shamefully). But if this could contribute in any way, I thought I would at least have to give that a try.
Wait... You can use items in Inverse Battles? I thought the rules would be the same as the Battle Maison/Institute...

I've used items like potions and stuff in Inverse battles, so I can personally confirm that they work, at least in ORAS (but most likely in XY as well).

Update on the chance that Inver uses a Normal-type inverse weak Pokemon:

I've tried to calculate the chance that he uses at least one Pokemon that is inverse weak to False Swipe/Hold Back's Normal-type during his daily battle (he uses 3 random Pokemon out of his batch every day). I'm no whiz kid, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are the chances in %:

- XY -
11 out of a batch of 37 are inverse weak to Normal-type moves
11 / 37 * 3 * 100 = 89,2% chance that he uses at least one of them during his daily battle with you.

- ORAS -
7 out of a batch of 34 are inverse weak to Normal-type moves.
7 / 34 * 3 * 100 = 61,8% chance that he uses at least one of them during his daily battle with you.

Last edited:
In X/Y, do I only have 1 chance to catch Xerneas/Yveltal?
You have to catch Xerneas/Yveltal, but it's highly recommended you KO them once and then save if you care at all about soft-resetting them. They respawn immediately with a little message effectively saying 'catch me you idiot', but this allows you to skip battling the Flare Admins and the whole awakening cut-scene each time. For Mewtwo, Zygarde, and the Kanto bird selected based on your Kalos starter, (once you've chased the damn thing around over a dozen times for it to settle in Sea Spirit's Den) if you KO them by accident... and accidentally save afterward, they reappear after beating the Elite Four again.

For OR/AS, you should defeat Groudon/Kyogre and Deoxys in Delta Episode, but Rayquaza must be caught. Everything else reappears if you beat the Elite Four again, with Deoxys waiting atop Sky Pillar.

I have searched and searched for the documents that should come with pokemon storm silver but i never found complete ones and need them so i can think of good fun teams for beating the story and the battle frontier. Especially im looking for the pokemon changes documentation. Does anyone know where i can find them ?

Hi

So recently I've been getting back into my Pokemon Sapphire file, specifically for contests. However I'm having trouble with some things and I'm wonder if you all could help :)

First things first, getting my picture on the wall in the Lilicove Museum. When I won the Beauty contest with my Wailord, the guy came and painted a picture of him. However, after winning the cute contest with both a Gyarados and a Wingull, neither of them had their painting on the wall, and I'm not really sure why. I heard it might have to do with how many point I earned overall in the contest... if this is true, then how am I able to tell how many "points" I earned in a contest? Any help would be appreciated!

Secondly, getting the scarves! I have a Dustox that I'm using for Cool contests so I decided to make some Pokeblocks for it. I made all Red Pokeblocks and fed them to him until he was full. The arrow is now all the way up in the "cool" direction. However, when I went to talk to the guy in Slateport with Dustox in the front of my party, he didn't give me the scarf and said I "need to feed him more Pokeblocks." Why is this? I did only cool Pokeblocks... if this is the case, why is his coolness not "maxed out"? Again any help would be appreciated!

Does Pokémon-Amie work for the Maison? I've been playing with my Exploud and Azelf, but I'm not sure if I get any of the perks in the Battle Maison.
Maison, Institute, and online battles do not factor in Pokemon Amie's perks in the slightest. It'll be as though you've never touched them in there.
Hi

So recently I've been getting back into my Pokemon Sapphire file, specifically for contests. However I'm having trouble with some things and I'm wonder if you all could help :)

First things first, getting my picture on the wall in the Lilicove Museum. When I won the Beauty contest with my Wailord, the guy came and painted a picture of him. However, after winning the cute contest with both a Gyarados and a Wingull, neither of them had their painting on the wall, and I'm not really sure why. I heard it might have to do with how many point I earned overall in the contest... if this is true, then how am I able to tell how many "points" I earned in a contest? Any help would be appreciated!

Secondly, getting the scarves! I have a Dustox that I'm using for Cool contests so I decided to make some Pokeblocks for it. I made all Red Pokeblocks and fed them to him until he was full. The arrow is now all the way up in the "cool" direction. However, when I went to talk to the guy in Slateport with Dustox in the front of my party, he didn't give me the scarf and said I "need to feed him more Pokeblocks." Why is this? I did only cool Pokeblocks... if this is the case, why is his coolness not "maxed out"? Again any help would be appreciated!
There's nothing that can be done for that Dustox if it's truly full. You need to make better Pokeblocks. Making ones from the EV-reducing berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato) I've found to be the best results if you don't have access to ones like Watmel and Durin. Also make sure to hit A as the pointer is over your spot as the blender spins and not at any other time when blending berries.

As for the contests themselves, just try to focus on earning as many points as you can. I think your Pokemon may not have dominated the contest well enough to get the artist guy to come out and want to feature the pictures. Try combos if you aren't already, and get those scarves to further help give you a boost in the first round.

Last edited:
Just played some Contests on ORAS for fun, and something happened. When the second round started the camera of my 3DS turned on, and the game was playing with my living room in the background. What the heck is this about? Why is this? I didn't even know this existed, lol.

Just played some Contests on ORAS for fun, and something happened. When the second round started the camera of my 3DS turned on, and the game was playing with my living room in the background. What the heck is this about? Why is this? I didn't even know this existed, lol.
This happened to me once as well. I believe it happens when you say yes to getting a "special" background. It surprised me too. My memory isn't the best so it could be something else.

How do I know what type of Pokémon I give out in the Friend Safari? Also, is there a thread with a compilation of various Smogon members' FCs and the Pokémon they give out?

How do I know what type of Pokémon I give out in the Friend Safari? Also, is there a thread with a compilation of various Smogon members' FCs and the Pokémon they give out?
You can ask someone in the SQ/SR thread in Wi-Fi to check your Friend Safari for you. Most just have their own in their signature, since a lot have nearly every FC slot filled long ago and would prefer not adding someone for a one time thing that they'd have to delete later if they can avoid it. You need to have beaten the Elite Four and be online at the same time as the person checking for all three slots to be revealed. (and the Pokemon in those slots' hidden abilities)
Why won't Hoopa-U appear in my secret base when I view it on Global Link?
Maybe because Hoopa isn't available everywhere yet? Does Hoopa (Confined) appear when you try to view it?

Say you have the Eon Ticket in ORAS and you delete your save to start a new game - will you be able to receive the Eon Ticket during that new game from the woman in the Poké Center due to having received it before?
If the answer is no... will my 3DS still be sending it out? Streetpass Data is saved separately on the 3DS system and it's hard to believe deleting my save would stop it from sending it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)