Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Ancient Power
- Eruption
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Any set is fine for heatran and mega sceptile. I'm a bit stuck on what too add, i hope someone can help.

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to give this Hyper Offensive core a try. It entails the use of Encore Mega Alakazam to give Bisharp set-up Fodder. Mega Alakazam naturally acts as a late-game cleaner/ Revenge Killer and WinCondition against certain match-ups and Bisharp acting as a WinCon against slower teams and offensive teams alike when Dark-Resists are gone.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Jesus Bird and His Disciple

I really like the idea of this core: Both of these guys hit pretty hard, and thanks to their slightly different coverage options, they can cover some of each other's checks (Raptor has CC for Tyranitar, Mega P has Heat Wave to wear down bulky Steels like Skarm and Mega Meta). I imagine them wreaking havoc with their great speed and coverage, and fabulous hair. A team of this would be pretty cool to see :)

Mega Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn
- Roost

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Dr Ciel

You had your chance from dirt to dust.
You made your bed, now sleep in it.
You want it all now, you want it all now.
Crooked roots make it so hard to bloom.
I want it all, I want it all.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Latios @ Draco Plate
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So first off, I want to thank Tressed , as he not only helped test this team but he also sat there for hours while we laddered with it, and was a big help in general.

I'm really not that good at descriptions, but I'll try my best!
Moving on, I really enjoyed building with this team. It's one of the few teams that I had pretty much zero issues building and it fell together rather quickly. Mega Sceptile preformed surprisingly well, and I honestly have a new perspective on it now that I've used it a little more. I really didn't like Leaf Storm through testing and ended up using Energy Ball which I found pretty reliable (up to you, though, both work!). I also stuck with Hidden Power Fire, as it hits the majority of Steels more reliably than Focus Blast, especially M-Scizor. After adding the Gyarados set, that I realized that I was terrified of Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and I guess just bulky Steel-types in general, as even with HP Fire on Sceptile it still hits like a wet paper bag. Heatran also sets up Rocks and stands as a nice check to M-Sableye and Chaizard X. This next spot where Terrakion now stands originally had a Conkeldurr, but to be blunt, it wasn't that fantastic of a Pokemon. Scarf Terrakion revenges Pokemon such as Lopunny, Thundurus (although it risks the Thunder Wave, so do that at your own risk), Alakazam, Mega Gyarados and Charizard X. Iron Head is also a really fun lure for Clefable, which can really annoy the rest of the team if it gets too far out of hand, and it also guarantees the OHKO on M-Diancie. Latios is my Keldeo check (especially to Scarf variants), clears hazards and forms a really neat double dragon core with Sceptile. Roost > Earthquake / HP Fire / Surf or whatever mainly because it's the best Keldeo check on the team, and Heatran is enough to handle Ferrothorn. Draco Plate, I will admit, is a bit of a weird option, but it was really fun to use, and not taking Life Orb recoil helped its longevity a lot more than you'd expect. Finally, Rotom-W is great for spreading status and is the teams true counter to Talonflame. It also gives a lot of chances for Sceptile to come in thanks to Volt Switch, especially on Pokemon such as Latios / Latias and Manaphy.

Anyways, I hope you like the team! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns! (づ。◕_◕。)づ

This core was published by BlazeLatias and i just thought that was absoluty amazing, i was thinking maybe a bulky offense team. I just copy the part of the post were he explains how the core works, if you want ideas for partners here is the link to his post http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-46#post-6291838 .
Mixed jirachi + Charizard-X Offensive core

+

Basically mixed jirachi is a awsome partner for charizard-x lacking earthquake. On top of this mix jirachi lures in landots and fatchomps thanks to icy wind which is really cool. Also has thunderbolt for stuff like slowbro and azumaril allowing rachi top throw opponents off gaurd. Now charizard-x in return can take advantage of all of his checks being taken out or severly weakend by jirachi and sweep which is why this core is really effective overall.
Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: No
EVs: 200 Atk / 172 SpA / 136 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt/Energy ball

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 74 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

So. I like to call myself a pretty decent teambuilder overall. Most of the teams I make have decent success in the beginning. However, with one edit after another from one battle to the next, I often find myself getting carried away and making crazy changes, losing whatever synergy I had before. I'm returning to a core now, and asking for some help here as well. On to the core!

&
(and possibly
)
Clefable and Gallade. Two of my spirit-Pokemon favorites that I have tried to make viable forever. In DPPt, I used a Belly Drum Clefable for a bit just to be able to use it, and a fantastic anti-lead Gallade that took everyone off guard and was amazing. Now they are both very viable in normal OU (without gimmick sets), and I love to use them both because together they fit my bulky-offense style. Trouble is, like I said above, teams I make with them tend to fall apart and get "distracted" as I change things, so here I am. Clefable is a great stop to Sableye and generally bulky things that Gallade can't muscle past. Gallade is an awesome sweeper and eats Heatran for breakfast for Clefable, while also greatly appreciating paralysis support if T-Wave is used.

The core I'm really asking about is Clef+Gallade. However, if possible I'd love Serperior to fit in there somewhere, as it's another great offensive support for Gallade, and just a beautiful end game cleaner (and another favorite...). Glare support also furthers paralysis penetration, and helps Gallade go super saiyan Mega-Evolve more easily. If it doesn't fit well, though, it's entirely optional. No pressure. The sets below for Clef and Gallade are also open to be changed if it works out for the better. If Clef is a better Rocker, so be it. If it needs to be an Unaware Cleric, that's fine. If MG+CM is the way to go, huzzah I predicted right. If you find a way to make Bulk Up Gallade a thing, I'm a perfect tester. Whatever. I'm open to whatever works best.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 84 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Substitute / Whatever else is cool
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off / Elemental Punch

You guys are miracle workers.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This core was published by BlazeLatias and i just thought that was absoluty amazing, i was thinking maybe a bulky offense team. I just copy the part of the post were he explains how the core works, if you want ideas for partners here is the link to his post http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-46#post-6291838 .
Mixed jirachi + Charizard-X Offensive core

+

Basically mixed jirachi is a awsome partner for charizard-x lacking earthquake. On top of this mix jirachi lures in landots and fatchomps thanks to icy wind which is really cool. Also has thunderbolt for stuff like slowbro and azumaril allowing rachi top throw opponents off gaurd. Now charizard-x in return can take advantage of all of his checks being taken out or severly weakend by jirachi and sweep which is why this core is really effective overall.
Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 200 Atk / 172 SpA / 136 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt/Energy ball

EVs: 74 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
Gimme

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Would it be possible to add the names of each Pokemon the individual teams have on the front page? It would be easier to find teams with specific Mons since you can now use Control + F to quickly skim through them.

Thanks.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would it be possible to add the names of each Pokemon the individual teams have on the front page? It would be easier to find teams with specific Mons since you can now use Control + F to quickly skim through them.

Thanks.
Yeah maybe kinda like the way showdown does it if possible. (im not a programmer or coder, so i have no idea how to do this)

Hello OU workshop i would like to request a core around

Mega

there are no specific sets just for magnezone to be scarf and lando to be adamant

help me out boys. i suck at building stall ;~;.

Gengar @ Black Sludge

EVs: 160 SpA / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Taunt

Sableye @ Sablenite

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Recover

gengar rapes stall/balance builds and sableye supports it very well by getting rid of lefties with knock off and spreading status with wow and toxic. overall very fun and shit.

edit: spread is so clef doesn't break sub and 2hko gliscor after rocks and poison heal​

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
help me out boys. i suck at building stall ;~;.

Gengar @ Black Sludge

EVs: 160 SpA / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Taunt

Sableye @ Sablenite

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Recover

gengar rapes stall/balance builds and sableye supports it very well by getting rid of lefties with knock off and spreading status with wow and toxic. overall very fun and shit.​
zzz wtf is that gengar spread. Guess ill grab this one

Jesus Bird and His Disciple

I really like the idea of this core: Both of these guys hit pretty hard, and thanks to their slightly different coverage options, they can cover some of each other's checks (Raptor has CC for Tyranitar, Mega P has Heat Wave to wear down bulky Steels like Skarm and Mega Meta). I imagine them wreaking havoc with their great speed and coverage, and fabulous hair. A team of this would be pretty cool to see :)

Mega Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn
- Roost

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
i'll try my hand at this, but i'm letting you know right now that i might change these sets up a bit !_!

I saw this core posted by Of Moose & Men. It revolves around mega lop, and hp fire manaphy.

The sets are
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Psychic / Energy Ball / Ice Beam

Their team description is, "Oh boy, this little gem. . . This my friends is how you destroy every team archetype (bar cancerpass) in the metagame. We all know Mega Lopunny has a field day with offense, no problem however, she has trouble breaking through some defensive Pokemon. Well, SubPuP is the answer for that. There are few things that can come in on a +1 STAB Frustration / High Jump Kick from a Mega Lopunny and live to see another turn, making it relatively simple for Mega Lopunny to also break through many balance teams currently running rampant on the OU ladder. Substitute allows for free turns of set up on whatever Pokemon is coming in, or allows Mega Lopunny to avoid an incoming burn, or status move. You'd be surprised at how often Substitute wins you the game if you ever get around to trying this core out. However, Mega Lopunny can have a decently difficult time breaking through stall all by her lonesome, since most teams carry Unaware Pokemon that in turn scare Mega Lonunny out. . . Well, that's where Manaphy comes in. Manaphy is one of the few Pokemon capable of going toe-to-toe with an entire team and come out with the victory. Manaphy is by far one of, if not the, best Stall breaker in the OU metagame. Its ability to come in on whatever Pokemon it feels like, rain dance the status away, set up Tail Glows and click the win button Scald is unmatched. Chansey, and +2 Mega Slowbro are 2HKO'd by +6 scald in rain, Clefable and Quagsire are 2HKO'd under rain, the latter being OHKO'd by Energy Ball. Everything else that is usually carried on stall is as good as dead. What that translates to is, nothing is safe. I want to make a note that I tend to carry Psychic for the few Venusaur I see running around, since it really has no problem taking these two on if they have yet to set up. Venusaur is also more of an offensive threat than anything else willing to take a hit from Manaphy right away."
If you build a team around this, change sets if needed. I think a team around this core would bbe really fun to use. Thanks :)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Thanks.
I'd suggest this in one of the suggestion forums, idk which one exactly, for this. In a perfect world where I have time to sit down and do this all the time it would be great but can't. My advice would probably be just using the search function to search for builders if you find yourself using builds by one person a lot.

Also gonna update the OP and stuff in a little bit so you'll see stuff change around piece by piece.

+

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Pretty cheap core I have been using. Celebi brings out flyers and 4x fire weak steels and klefki that manectric beats. If it can pass a NP, manectric is really hard to stop since its fast and very strong with moves to hit everything.

If u could make this offense thatd be great

Last edited:
I would like to request a team, probably balance but offense is fine too, around two very scary mons being Weavile and Mega Zard Y. Weavile really doesn't appreciate fairy and steel types both of which Mega Zard Y obliterate, including Azu, while Weavile can pursuit trap L@tis, beat scarf Tars with low kick, scarf Lando, chomps, and Mega Altarias. Keldeo and Talonflame are huge threats to this core as are fast electric types that can volt switch (mega doge, Raikou, and Thundy). Since both of these things are so weak to rocks a defoger or spinner is MANDATORY.
Charizard_MegaY_XY.gif

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost

Weavile_XY.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Thanks in advance bros

AM

LCPL Champion
I updated with most of the newer teams since it was last updated with teams so those should be there now. Going to put a hide tag for each 20 teams so the post doesn't look so long lol. Also if I need future posts I'll be taking the posts after the OP so rip whoever those are.

I'm taking a break from doing all of that and more than likely tomorrow I'll work on unclaimed requests, worked on, yada yada yada. I'm closing shop though as there's a ton of cores right now and I'll open when it's a bit more relaxed.

Edit: Also for reference I'm putting the post number and page of the teams now. Problem with some of the hyperlinks is that they don't work, or at least on my end, so as a point of reference you can go there to find the team and sets as well.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Wasup IridiumBastiodon this core it is a bit common to use for sand offense so follow that line i add Baloon Exca with SD to set up on Hippowdons and also give a solid answer to opposing sand offense, at this point the looks extremely weak to water types, zard Y and fighting types too, so i look into the mons that could fit all this rols and Latias for the bulk was the perfect solotion, having extra bulk than Latios and still hit harder + HW support make this pokemon the glue of the team, next following the offense line i want to have 2 mon in the last slots than can beat stall so I add SD LO Loom and SubCM Keldeo this two can break any stall and also give priority to the team + good sinergy in terms of types. You can change this 2 set if you want making SD Toxic Orb Breloom and Scarf Keldeo as you revenge killer, both ways fuction well enough. So basically this team is very autopilot you simply smack thing with sand + Exca + Chomp and revenge it with loom or Keldeo, be carefull against Lopunny. Hope you enjoy the team.

----------------------------------------------

Altaria (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 16 SpD / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Hoopa-Unbound (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Cobalion (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Hey SoarviverPidgey this team may seem weird but it really works Sub hoopa is beast because force to many switch and you basically choose between having a free sub or hit something hard on switch, i give enoguh SpAtck to HKO standar hippo and rest in Atck, so watching your core both mons hate priority and steel types, so most of the steel types in the current OU Metagame are Ferro, Bish and Scizor so 2 of the 3 can easily be trapped by Magneton and the other can be handle it by M-Alt if it is Adamant Bish cuz I Ev'd Alt to outspeed that mon, I choose Magneton Over Magnezone because is more speedy with choice scarf and allow you to outspeed Weavile and LO Starmie which could be a pain for the team. Next I need desesperally a Ground Immunity + Zard Y switch in + Water resist (Although Altaria can Switch into those but is too more pressure) I choose Roost over HW but it's up to you if you wanna change it, now following with the support for the core bird spam rekt me so hard and the best answer to this is the beloved Rotom-W also it is a nice pivot because it is a Ferrothorn bait so you can volt out and trapped, and last i need rocks a weavile switch, a fairy check and backup Bish check and there is only one mon the fit this rol and it is Cobalion, a bit bulkier on the physical side and able to spread paralysis so hoopa can come in and hit something hard. Hope you enjoy the team and GL.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Wasup IridiumBastiodon this core it is a bit common to use for sand offense so follow that line i add Baloon Exca with SD to set up on Hippowdons and also give a solid answer to opposing sand offense, at this point the looks extremely weak to water types, zard Y and fighting types too, so i look into the mons that could fit all this rols and Latias for the bulk was the perfect solotion, having extra bulk than Latios and still hit harder + HW support make this pokemon the glue of the team, next following the offense line i want to have 2 mon in the last slots than can beat stall so I add SD LO Loom and SubCM Keldeo this two can break any stall and also give priority to the team + good sinergy in terms of types. You can change this 2 set if you want making SD Toxic Orb Breloom and Scarf Keldeo as you revenge killer, both ways fuction well enough. So basically this team is very autopilot you simply smack thing with sand + Exca + Chomp and revenge it with loom or Keldeo, be carefull against Lopunny. Hope you enjoy the team.

Impish Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Cobalion (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Hey SoarviverPidgey this team may seem weird but it really works Sub hoopa is beast because force to many switch and you basically choose between having a free sub or hit something hard on switch, i give enoguh SpAtck to HKO standar hippo and rest in Atck, so watching your core both mons hate priority and steel types, so most of the steel types in the current OU Metagame are Ferro, Bish and Scizor so 2 of the 3 can easily be trapped by Magneton and the other can be handle it by M-Alt if it is Adamant Bish cuz I Ev'd Alt to outspeed that mon, I choose Magneton Over Magnezone because is more speedy with choice scarf and allow you to outspeed Weavile and LO Starmie which could be a pain for the team. Next I need desesperally a Ground Immunity + Zard Y switch in + Water resist (Although Altaria can Switch into those but is too more pressure) I choose Roost over HW but it's up to you if you wanna change it, now following with the support for the core bird spam rekt me so hard and the best answer to this is the beloved Rotom-W also it is a nice pivot because it is a Ferrothorn bait so you can volt out and trapped, and last i need rocks a weavile switch, a fairy check and backup Bish check and there is only one mon the fit this rol and it is Cobalion, a bit bulkier on the physical side and able to spread paralysis so hoopa can come in and hit something hard. Hope you enjoy the team and GL.
Thanks for the team. Lopunny seems like a problem as you said. I'll try it out!

core:

requested by: Flygoner818

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Chople Berry
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Defog
This is a very fun little core, but honestly, the core itself isn't the best. The only birdspam that works really nicely is Talon + Raptor/Mega Pinsir... and even that isn't as good as it used to be IMO. Anyways, the core just stacks a lot of weaknesses, it requires hazard removal which adds onto those stacked weaknesses, and it doesn't really provide much to make up for those drawbacks offensively. Type spam cores are nice, but you don't really have anything super spammable with these two; with traditional birdspam, you have the Flying spam + priority, meaning it can put a lot of pressure on both offensive and defensive stuff. These two are hurt by pretty much every kind of opposing priority & most things faster than them. Anyways, the team:

As I mentioned, there were a lot of weaknesses I had to address when building with this core, a few of the big ones being speedy Electrics, Ground types, Ice shit like Weavile, and hazards. To help with fat Grounds, Weavile, Zard-X, and some other stuff a bit, I added Azumarill. Azumarill was just really natural for this team considering how much it can help offense builds, and how it appreciates Pidgeot and Raptor handling some of it's counters like Mega Venusaur and Mega Scizor. Azu made the team even weaker to speedy Electrics, and I still needed hazard removal, so Latios was like the only choice. Standard set here... Energy Ball in slot 3 to hit Azumarills, fat Grounds, Slowbro, etc. As I previously mentioned, weaknesses get stacked like crazy here, and even though this team had Latios and Azu, speedy Electrics, Weavile, Bisharp, Zard-X, opposing birds, etc. were still problems. I added Heatran to help with this stuff a bit. Magma Storm + Taunt helps me with stall a bit, and Stone Edge can hit birds, Zard-Y, and Volcarona. Chople Berry is to help with Weavile, but there are other options here (see below). Finally, the team needed Stealth Rocks, so Mamoswine was added. Mamo is really nice because it helps to add a bit of insurance on some of these weaknesses (like speedy Electrics) while also being a nice lead.

This team definitely struggles with those original weaknesses to the core due to the core having stacked weaknesses. Of course, the team has lots of answers to these, but you can be overwhelmed when seeing a combination of them. Other than that, Slowbro is a bit annoying, shit that commonly pressure offensive builds like Trick Room and Rain aren't all that fun to deal with, and naturally powerful breakers are a bitch to switch into. Slowbro can be overwhelmed by birds + Latios, Azumarill helps a lot with opposing weather shit + Trick room, and the main breaker that causes issues is Scarf Kyu-B, which can be easily played around. Just be careful around stuff like Weavile, Mamoswine, Manectric, and Talonflame and you should be fine.

If you think Azumarill is enough for Weavile, you can run Air Balloon > Chople Berry on Heatran to improve your matchup against a bunch of things... mainly Zard-X. On Mamoswine, you can change the set to Life Orb with Icicle Crash > Endeavor if you don't like Sash Mamo, but this makes SR a bit more difficult to set up. Also, if you really want to ensure those Stealth Rocks, you can run Oblivious > Thick Fat. Thick Fat just helps a bit more with Mane & most good players won't risk Taunting a lead Mamo. If you don't like Energy Ball & you think this team has enough for opposing Ground types, you can run Thunderbolt > Energy Ball on Latios. If you feel like HP Ground is doing absolutely nothing on Pidgeot, you can run a filler move like Work Up, Roost, Refresh, etc.... lots of options there.

Special thanks to FookMi? and Nedor for helping me check this team over :]

Hopefully you enjoy this team, it was a really fun build! If you have any questions / concerns about it, feel free to PM me on here or on PS!. Have fun n_n

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Impish Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Cobalion (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Wow, I really like the team! It's very bulky, my favorite style, and seems very well put together. Thank you so much!

Machi
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Foul Play

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot
- Superpower

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Defog

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
i gotta admit that nidoqueen is super overrated. in fact, if you use rocky helmet toxic lando-t over nidoqueen, this team will be so much better. nidoqueen is a poor man's nidoking (no sexism implied) tbh, but it has bulk, so why not? mega medicham nukes everything in site, and bullet punch fake out is run because this team is pretty weak to heavy offense. amoonguss is your keldeo counter and spores things to give nidoqueen and mega medicham free switch-in opportunities. klefki is there to combat the latis and notably weavile offense which is annoying. since i had spikes and stealth rock, i decided to run defiant thundurus which is even a safer switch-in for defog because of the presence of klefki on this team! feel free to go to twave + 3 attacks since it is equally viable because you trade annoying m-sableye teams for annoying offense. latios glues the team together because it has a good speed tier and checks mega charizard y and offensive garchomp. this team isn't that great because nidoqueen is deadweight in a lot of battles, but it is fun to use. have fun ^.^

dsm77773
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Return
- Rapid Spin

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
two s rank pokemon. this didn't take much time to finish because it is super easy to build around. mega charizard x and manaphy necessitate some type of bulky grass or steel and ferrothorn fills both of these. i then decided to throw a sand core in because excadrill shares similar checks to mega charizard x and they can wear each other's down like landorus-t. i ran return on this excadrill because it nets a stronger hit on rotom-w which can spread a lot of passive damage while you can't do much back. it hits thundurus and talonflame hard enough anyways and not like you have 3 other checks to it on this team anyways rofl. latios checks keldeo and lures in mega scizor and ferrothorn for your excadrill with hidden power [fire]. feel free to run defog / recover and then change excadrill to swords dance and they are both interchangeable based on which one is more comfortable for you. albeit a loss, here's a fun replay against Taylor on the ladder. i could've played better, but it should give you a good look on how this team functions n_n

Thank you Vertex ! A bit more bulky than expected. I know it was an easy core but I struggle to make good OU teams. Thx again!

EDIT: What should I watch out for when using the team?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)