Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Suggesting that you can implement the actual stat changes in the box over your mon in battle. Ex: Have mon who has 150 Atk and it uses Swords Dance, the box should display 300 Attack instead of 150. It will revert when mon switches out. Same for opponents mon for speed.

Suggesting that you can implement the actual stat changes in the box over your mon in battle. Ex: Have mon who has 150 Atk and it uses Swords Dance, the box should display 300 Attack instead of 150. It will revert when mon switches out. Same for opponents mon for speed.
Hmmm, I think the main problem with this is likely that the opponent or you yourself might forget that these stat changes were applied. Besides, all the random move effects status moves give are shown below a 'mon's health bar. Grouping them all together is simpler.

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It would be helpful if we implemented a School/College room. A number of our younger members are in high school who may have aspirations to attend college or have questions about high school extracurriculars. Some of our senior members are attending or have attended university and can give ample guidance for our younger members. Zarel
The scholastics room would probably be the best room for this or the happy place.

Maybe have your matches highlighted in the tournament tree for tournaments? Scrolling to find your battle and then also see who your next opponent might be is a bit of a hassle in official tournaments in the tournament room

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Would removing Google's video ads be a possibility? Between server traffic and those, they make using the PS! main server pretty unbearable even with low uptime. I don't use adblock because I would like to support Zarel in every way for making such a fantastic simulator, but these are making adblock seem like tempting option. It is just the video ads though (the ones with embedded 1-2 minute-ish videos in them) that do this, otherwise I can use the main no problem. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Maybe when creating a team, can suggested spreads for one-sided attackers have 0 IVs in their respective no-investment stat? For instance, for a special attacker, auto-adding 0 IVs to attack would be helpful, as you auto-put 0 IVs on a Pokemon with Gyro Ball.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think it would be nice if you got an alert when you disconnect, same type of alert as a highlight in chat or your turn in battle. I personally know I browse youtube, smogon etc while I'm waiting for my turn or just afk in chat, and sometimes I randomly disconnect and don't notice until I check 30 minutes later to find I timed out of a battle or someone was trying to PM me. Anyways, it's just a small feature but it's useful.

Suggestions: Make it possible for a meta to only play certain music tracks. Also, add a few tracks to showcase this:
Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Trainer and Champion Battle (for Gen 1 battles)
Pokémon XD - Battle SIM (for other metas)
Pokémon BW/XY - vs. World Champion (VGC formats)
Pokémon Stadium 2 - Little Cup Round 1-3 (duh)

Also, instead of picking a default track, allow picking a song when challenging someone directly (or leaving default)

I suggest to remove Dark/Steel/Fairy Types from Gen1 battle screens (I didn't check if there is Fairy Type visible in Gen2; if it is, add this to the suggestion); it's ugly to face a "Fairy" Clefable or an "Electric/Steel" Magneton; and this is confusing mostly for new players facing Gen1; they well know that Fairy is a new type introduced in Gen6, and it's ok, but maybe they are less aware that the Dark/Steel addition came in Gen2; let's say, they can KO a Magneton using Hyper Beam but the "Steel" they see makes them think about they can't KO, so they use another move and maybe fail the KO.

Physical Tyranitar

Would removing Google's video ads be a possibility? Between server traffic and those, they make using the PS! main server pretty unbearable even with low uptime. I don't use adblock because I would like to support Zarel in every way for making such a fantastic simulator, but these are making adblock seem like tempting option. It is just the video ads though (the ones with embedded 1-2 minute-ish videos in them) that do this, otherwise I can use the main no problem. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.
The reason the site has ads is to keep it afloat; if there were no ads, the site would need to rely on donations to keep the server afloat.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
The reason the site has ads is to keep it afloat; if there were no ads, the site would need to rely on donations to keep the server afloat.
I realize. I am asking for specific ads to be removed, not all. I'm pretty sure there is a way to specifically target what google ads don't want on a site like chaos the forums for example. Like i said, the ads that cause me to drop to a slideshow 2-5 FPS are the ones with 2min embedded vids on them and not all Google ads are this way.

I don't know if this has been suggested or not but could it be possible to have a sort of pokemon box system within teambuilder seperate from what we already have?
So you could have different sets ready in your box and could just copy and paste from there, or if you plan on building around a specific number of pokemon more than 6, you could keep them all somewhere.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Can we make it so that when you put a <<roomname>> in chat, the link opens the room in the same tab, since most people will likely join in the same tab anyway? (basically /join that room instead of opening it in a different tab). If this must be kept, I would suggest making a different format so that <<>> is in a different tab and say #### was for same tab

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wondering if it would be possible to "reset" accounts. So a certain command, like /reset TCR would clear all ladder rankings as well as clear all replays associated with that account (for password protected accounts it would require input of the password, similar to how other sites require you to input the current password in order to change it). This could be useful if for example, you had an alt that you were playing with and you or your opponent saved the replay, but you wanted to use that team or whatever in a big tournament. It saves people the trouble from doing 50 randbats to clear their replays. It could also be useful to stop the clutter of usernames (which I assume do take up server memory or w;e). Lastly, I feel it could be useful if you wanted to ladder on an account, didn't get the good start you wanted, and wanted a "do-over." You wouldn't have to create an entirely new alt, you could simply reset it.

I would like to know if there is planned to introduce a Mixed Tier. Like 2x OUs 2x UUs 2x RUs (and lower). The Meta reached a point where everyone uses just the strongest possible Mon and the diversity suffers because no one wants to take a risk. Its comparable to the World Finals this year. I would appreciate if the showdown team introduces something like that. It is already a popular "Tier" in wifi battles and it would be cool if you could just search for a battle like that instead of asking someone everytime (who must often bulid a team first).

Physical Tyranitar

I don't know if this has been suggested or not but could it be possible to have a sort of pokemon box system within teambuilder seperate from what we already have?
So you could have different sets ready in your box and could just copy and paste from there, or if you plan on building around a specific number of pokemon more than 6, you could keep them all somewhere.
That would be pretty badass. Creating sets for Pokemon and storing them would be awesome, and you could even have a system where you pay a fee to expand the amount of Pokemon that can be stored in. It would call for easy team building.
I realize. I am asking for specific ads to be removed, not all. I'm pretty sure there is a way to specifically target what google ads don't want on a site like chaos the forums for example. Like i said, the ads that cause me to drop to a slideshow 2-5 FPS are the ones with 2min embedded vids on them and not all Google ads are this way.
Well, that is a good point, but for this to be valid, Zarel would have to be contacted and to see how much revenue the ads make. Possibly, if even one ad was removed, there wouldn't be enough money to keep the site afloat.

Its not what you asked but you can copy and paste sets quite easily
I use that quite frequently actually but why it's important to me all of a sudden is I'm doing a UCL/GBA type thing right now, with 12 Pokemon and I obviously cant store them all in 1 team without it looking horrendous:
upload_2015-9-4_21-49-45.png

and I'd rather not put them in 2 teams.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
there should be a Close button on the room display screen in the top right corner that will close the ad

Alright, so currently when a Tournament is created, it will highlight the room tab for every user in the room.

I suggest an opt-out box for this feature in the options menu.

Reasoning: Depending on the room, these highlights happen quite frequently. There is an 'ignore Tournaments' box already, but it does too much.
Edit: To clearify, for example room auth can't ignore tours altogether since they need to react to some tour related matters. (i.e. people spamming with the join / leave command)

Last edited:
Just a personal idea, but I think there should be a way for Showdown users to turn off the BGM on showdown. This idea is mainly aimed for people who:

A. Are sick of the (honestly) semi-obnoxious battle music

B. Want to listen to their own music

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Just a personal idea, but I think there should be a way for Showdown users to turn off the BGM on showdown. This idea is mainly aimed for people who:

A. Are sick of the (honestly) semi-obnoxious battle music

B. Want to listen to their own music
Step 1: Look at the top right corner of showdown
Step 2: Click the speaker
Step 3: Mute sounds
Step 4: Potato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)