Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see my theory about the green blob being some sort of "baby Zygarde" was confirmed, and overall I really like the whole single cell multiplying to form more complex organisms concept (as well as the potential parallel to Loki's children). Am I the only one whom the cell gimmick and dog forme reminded of The Thing?

Also I kind of like Zygarde Perfect's overall design, but... those kneecaps... (I'm so sorry...)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
No Mega Charizard Z please. It's already hard enough to effectively see which form it is before it megas, and there's not a lot of pokes that counter both forms consistently. It's also unfair to all the other pokes getting one mega lol.
...In all seriousness, I really hope they have Z megas for at least the other Kanto starters. Why is it overhyped lizard mon that gets two megas, but they don't?

Okay being serious, While I wouldn't mind the other Starters getting two Mega Evolutions, then the questions of why the other starters don't get two Mega Evolutions. I think maybe instead of having all Starters have 2 Mega Evolutions maybe they should pick out one Starter from each Gen and give them a Mega Evolution. Like since Ash might be getting a Mega Stone for his Sceptile maybe they should give Sceptile a second Mega Evolution so it could be the "Charizard" of the Gen III Starters.

Though if XY2 is called "Z" it would be apropos for Porygon-Z to get a Mega Evolution.

Revelation: I know what you meant. Wouldn't mind seeing a Lucario Z that is more special focus, his signature move was Aura Sphere so maybe having him also get Mega Launcher would also make sense. Though truth be told it would still probably be outclassed by Mega Lucario XY.

Yveltal: Concerning what Greninja is carrying, they're water katana blades. Because ninja. Actually it's holding them reverse grip which makes wielding a sword 50% cooler... and 50% more difficult but do you want style or efficiency? You can't have both.

DragonWhale: And let's not forget Loki's gift to his father Odin: the 8 legged horse Sleipnir which is also one of his children.

Wow the final form has an amazing design: Compared to the ugly fest of Gen 4 legendary, Zygarde 100% looks way more Pokemon to me. No idea how they managed that, but good Job! I also like the French Flag in the middle.

The Dog form gives me the creeps for some reason...

Yveltal: Concerning what Greninja is carrying, they're water katana blades. Because ninja. Actually it's holding them reverse grip which makes wielding a sword 50% cooler... and 50% more difficult but do you want style or efficiency? You can't have both.
I'm talking on his back.

It looks like he's carrying a water shuriken. So Ash's Greninja is water-weaponized Greninja. The katanas are kinda funny to think about, since they first seemed like something SSB just kinda tacked onto Greninja for being a ninja. I wonder who thought of it first, lol.

Also, Ash's Greninja has less beige on his underbelly than a normal Greninja.

It's been condensed to look like a v-neck collar leading down to his stomach, which is straight blue. another observation.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I can see how Greninja's panel is translated as "new form". But be careful, "form" (姿) is not "forme" (フオルム ).
I'm not sure if I can explain this clearly, I'll try my best.

Basically this Greninja "form", is not the same "forme" as in Robom-W/ Rotom-Heat/ Perfect Zygarde... etc.
This "form" means more like new look/ new posture/ new presentation...
So it is still possible that it is a Mega evolution.

==============
My personal opinions:

It finally came out... I'm so glad... finally!!
The Zygarde cores, cells and 2 formes are rather interesting, and unseen in Pokemon before.
I love how the dog/ wolf forme originates from Fenrir and the giant forme originates from the giant in Yggdrasil.

So I was right that LGG itself isn't a Pokemon, which is probably why Corocoro avoided calling it a Pokemon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'm talking on his back, it looks like he's carrying a water shuriken. So Ash's Greninja is water-weaponized Greninja. The katanas are kinda funny to think about, since they first seemed like something SSB just kinda tacked onto Greninja for being a ninja. I wonder who thought of it first, lol.

Also, Ash's Greninja has less beige on his underbelly than a normal Greninja, it's been condensed to look like a v-neck collar leading down to his stomach, which is straight blue. another observation.
It's sheaths for its blades (why it needs sheaths for blades it can form at anytime I don't know, but they're sheaths).

And good observation, if looks similar to Ash's color so goes along with it dressing like Ash.

I can see how Greninja's panel is translated as "new form". But be careful, "form" (姿) is not "forme" (フオルム ).
I'm not sure if I can explain this clearly, I'll try my best.

Basically this Greninja "form", is not the same "forme" as in Robom-W/ Rotom-Heat/ Perfect Zygarde... etc.
This "form" means more like new look/ new posture/ new presentation...
So it is still possible that it is a Mega evolution.
They usually only use "Forme" for Legendaries, other Pokemon just use "Form".

Upon looking at the Form Article on Bulbapedia I now see the difference. "Form" is when there's only a visual difference (like with Basculin and Keldeo) while "Forme" is used when it actually changes stats/type/Abilities (Rotom, Deoxys, Aegislash).

Last edited:
I can see Pokemon Z being centered around following the Zygarde dog around Kalos and eventually saving the world by catching it and defeating the big bad or whatever. Ash Greninja kinda looks like a Mega, but I sincerely hope it's not because that's absolutely not necessary. I'm left wondering if Zygarde is going to be the first legendary with a true evolutionary line. Will the "cores" be catchable? Zygarde Core -> Zygarde Dog -> Zygarde final form -> Mega. Basic three stage evolution, but I still kinda doubt it.

Cresselia~~

They usually only use "Forme" for Legendaries, other Pokemon just use "Form".

Upon looking at the Form Article on Bulbapedia I now see the difference. "Form" is when there's only a visual difference (like with Basculin and Keldeo) while "Forme" is used when it actually changes stats/type/Abilities (Rotom, Deoxys, Aegislash).
Oh, ok, I really didn't know that.
So "new form" is maybe just another color then.
But if that's true, then that is a bit of a let down. I'd hope they would at least have some new cool moves/ different stats.
I wanted it to be like Eternal Floette though.
On the other hand, I'm happy that it isn't a Mega. I don't think Gen 6 needs megas yet.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Oh, ok, I really didn't know that.
So "new form" is maybe just another color then.
But if that's true, then that is a bit of a let down. I'd hope they would at least have some new cool moves/ different stats.
I wanted it to be like Eternal Floette though.
On the other hand, I'm happy that it isn't a Mega. I don't think Gen 6 needs megas yet.
While I don't think Ash's Greninja is Mega, I would like the Kalos Starters to get Megas. It's their generation afterall, at least throw them that bone.

I think Gen 6 Starter Megas would be very cool, actually. It means there's something very different to using the Kalos starters the second time around - I don't know about you, but using the exact same set of starters in BW2 felt kind of... eh, lame. Giving Megas would be really cool especially when each game this gen gives one set of starters Megas.
Still that's stepping into baseless speculation territory so I'll just say Ash Greninja really doesn't look like a Mega at all. There appear to be no actual physical changes aside from colour and temporary blades so it'll probably just be a thing Ash does for the series.

We really need a nicknaming convention for all the Zygarde forms. I'm thinking:
ZygC- Zygarde Core
ZygCe- Zygarde Cell
Zyg10- Zygarde 10%
Zyg50- Zygarde 50%
ZygP- Zygarde Perfect Form/100%

I'm personally a fan of using roman numerals (ZCo, ZCe, ZI, ZV, ZX), but I don't know how confusing that'd be.

Cresselia~~

I think Gen 6 Starter Megas would be very cool, actually. It means there's something very different to using the Kalos starters the second time around - I don't know about you, but using the exact same set of starters in BW2 felt kind of... eh, lame. Giving Megas would be really cool especially when each game this gen gives one set of starters Megas.
Still that's stepping into baseless speculation territory so I'll just say Ash Greninja really doesn't look like a Mega at all. There appear to be no actual physical changes aside from colour and temporary blades so it'll probably just be a thing Ash does for the series.
I can see. Power creep usually works for video games, especially when making old characters stronger.
That said, it's still possible to have forms and Megas at the same time.

What if Ash Greninja is simply Ash temporarily turned into a Greninja, or fused with his own Greninja? I don't think it's a mega, and it looks like Ash... so...

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
I honestly don't really dig the new Zygarde formes all too much. I mean, i like Zygarde-Perfect's head a lot, and of course core is adorable, but I don't care how much it relates to Norse mythology like that, there could've been better ways to implement it. These are probably the most drastic form changes we have seen, and the relation of the cores and cells working together to form an organism or function in an ecosystem is clever, but I feel like it's just overdone. There could've been better ways to make use of the cores and maintain Zygarde's snake form, with Zygarde-P looking like a big ol' snake tree, withe the cores being used for something like controlling the "branches" or by providing extra visual appeal, something other than giant mech Zygarde. Plus Zygarde 10% reminds me of a Houndoom a lot, probably because they both look like dobermans.

I dunno, I think i need time to get used to them.

Reactions: JES

Screw the 10%, 50% and 100% Zygardes, screw Ash Greninja too; I want you to look closely at this poster's background for a bit. See anything peculiar?
Try looking next to that Mega Sceptile over there. See it yet?
Ash's Noibat confirmed to evolve.

Now that the final Generation VI game is basically confirmed to be dubbed Z, do you guys think it will function as a sequel, or just a generic third version like with pre Generation V games?

Now that the final Generation VI game is basically confirmed to be dubbed Z, do you guys think it will function as a sequel, or just a generic third version like with pre Generation V games?
X/Y's story was so bland I don't think it deserves a sequel. I'd be happy with a generic third version.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Not enough info to guess, it could go either way still. If they do a third version they could pull a Giratina and have Zygarde interrupt Lysandre's plans to use Xerneas and Yveltal's power. If they do a sequel they can pull a Kyurem and have the story revolve around it regaining its power.

I prefer a sequel as, though they could build upon XY with a third version, I don't think they could build that much. A sequel will let them wash their hands of the whole thing by focusing on the consequences of such things like firing the Ultimate Weapon, AZ re-uniting with his Floette, the remnants of Team Flare including the female scientists and what really happened to Lysandre. Rather then fixing a bland story might just be best to move on a focus on making a new story as best as they can make it; smaller limits and many open questions they can answer.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can see Pokemon Z being centered around following the Zygarde dog around Kalos and eventually saving the world by catching it and defeating the big bad or whatever. Ash Greninja kinda looks like a Mega, but I sincerely hope it's not because that's absolutely not necessary. I'm left wondering if Zygarde is going to be the first legendary with a true evolutionary line. Will the "cores" be catchable? Zygarde Core -> Zygarde Dog -> Zygarde final form -> Mega. Basic three stage evolution, but I still kinda doubt it.
This is what I was thinking too, sorta like how you chase Suicune around in Crystal/HGSS. It would be cool if the story had you chase the Dog-forme around the region and help it collect cells so that it can power up and become the Cell-forme, and then finally culminate in Perfect-forme at the climax of the game when you fight the bad guys.

As for Greninja, my first impressions were that it was its Mega, and that it's design / colour scheme was influenced by what its trainer looked like, so the way you customised your character in-game would change it's appearance. However now I believe it will just be an anime thing, maybe a special event like CosplayChu. From what I can tell, Greninja is quite a popular mon so it wouldn't surprise me if it got some special treatment. I do think we need some gen VI Megas though, and what better time to introduce them to us than in the second time through Kalos? And with the starters no less...

I've seen some complaints on Facebook regarding the 'trend' that GF are taking with the third legendary in each trio from gen IV onwards.. Apparently some people are sick of the pattern where we get an 'incomplete' legendary in the first round of games (Giratina, Kyurem and Zygarde), and then have it receive an upgrade in the follow up games (Giratina-O, Kyurem B+W, and now all these Zygarde formes). Personally I have no idea how this is a problem, if we got the full version of the third legend in the first games then what the hell are we meant to explore in the follow ups? lol. I suppose I'm wondering what you guys think about that (since it seemed a popular opinion where I was reading).

This is what I was thinking too, sorta like how you chase Suicune around in Crystal/HGSS. It would be cool if the story had you chase the Dog-forme around the region and help it collect cells so that it can power up and become the Cell-forme, and then finally culminate in Perfect-forme at the climax of the game when you fight the bad guys.

As for Greninja, my first impressions were that it was its Mega, and that it's design / colour scheme was influenced by what its trainer looked like, so the way you customised your character in-game would change it's appearance. However now I believe it will just be an anime thing, maybe a special event like CosplayChu. From what I can tell, Greninja is quite a popular mon so it wouldn't surprise me if it got some special treatment. I do think we need some gen VI Megas though, and what better time to introduce them to us than in the second time through Kalos? And with the starters no less...

I've seen some complaints on Facebook regarding the 'trend' that GF are taking with the third legendary in each trio from gen IV onwards.. Apparently some people are sick of the pattern where we get an 'incomplete' legendary in the first round of games (Giratina, Kyurem and Zygarde), and then have it receive an upgrade in the follow up games (Giratina-O, Kyurem B+W, and now all these Zygarde formes). Personally I have no idea how this is a problem, if we got the full version of the third legend in the first games then what the hell are we meant to explore in the follow ups? lol. I suppose I'm wondering what you guys think about that (since it seemed a popular opinion where I was reading).
That's exactly my feeling about the third legendary thing. I feel like it gives me incentives to actually buy the games. Plus, learning how the legendaries act and how the new forms act is just part of the fun mystique in the games. We all know that something is going to happen but being able to speculate about it and get excited when we see it is just part of the fun of that Pokemon. And seeing how this new form is involved in the game (if you ideally learn nothing about the form before they come out) makes everything even more fascinating and drives me to want to see the same games over just to see how they changes things around to incorporate all the new stuff.

Actually I was reading over what Serebii has for the Perfect Forme and part of me feels that it IS going to be related directly to Mega Evolution. Let me c+p what they have:

"It is said that when the Zygarde 50% Forme, the one obtainable in X & Y, cannot defeat an opponent in battle, it unleashes its power to become Zygarde's Perfect Forme."

You know what unleashing power to take on a more powerful form to take down an opponent sounds like? Mega Evolution. In fact, unleashing internal power is nearly identical to Primal Reversion as well. Something tells me Zygarde Perfect Forme is going to be another variant on Mega Evolution. They seem to now like Legendary Pokemon having special variations on Mega Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)