Project OU Player of the week #40: Cosine180

Status
Not open for further replies.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
What would you say was your toughest battle till date?
Also are there any high level replays you can/would like to share for more inexperienced players to learn from?

why ru so bad at haxball :pimp:
bitch im the king, my rockets are unmatchable
What would you say was your toughest battle till date?
Also are there any high level replays you can/would like to share for more inexperienced players to learn from?
Hm, toughest battle is a hard one, i had some great battles in smogon tour, but i think the most important one has to be my wcop match vs whitequeen, right after he won ost http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-74556 im also kind of proud of the team i brought, and the hp ice volc ending, pretty sure that thing has never been used in oras ou so far. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/world-cup-of-pokemon-x-logs-replays.3541298/ check this out for good replays, search for spl and smogon tour too, those are always good.
How did you pick up the game so quickly? I've been here for years and you have a significantly worse grasp over the game than you do (although i actually was there for the beggining of bw).
hm not sure, i mean i played a bit casually before and laddered with snorlax teams from time to time but once i got into competitive battling, i tried everything to get better, watching games of good players, analyzing their teams, searching through smogon, just trying everything to get better
is it true that the german girls are the hottest?
german girls are pretty cute, but having lived in the us for a year id say that the girls there are even cuter, at least where i was in naples, florida hehe
(1)Is it the right place to get some help for a german test ?
(2)Opinion on Ice Punch Jirachi ?
(3)Opinion on GeeMick ?
1: natuerlich
2: pretty standard lol, fire punch can be cool for scizor if u need it
3: best battler alive, srsly that guy is amazing

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
what is going through your mind at team preview? do you favor mostly not putting yourself in bad positions short-term or going for elaborate, long range plans?

thoughts on the competitiveness of the moves / do they contribute to a healthy metagame of: scald, stealth rock?

hardest thing about DP / BW?

hallo schatzi, ich habe einige Fragen mitgebracht
how do you handle elecs in dpp other than scarftar?
do you have some kinda formula/standard structure around supporting these fast offensive megas like Zam, Lop etc?
do you use other "tools" than type synergy when building a team from scratch ? like, twave spam + slow breaker or whatever
would you get into non-st old gens?
we'll face in pocl yn
oh btw i made hp ice volc before :]

(1)Thoughts on hoopa-U?
(2)What do you think of building around outclassed mons just to use them?
(3)What do you think of Cretacerus?
1: Really solid on paper but needs a lot of support to be effective, can be very strong tho, especially vs more passive teams
2: Hm not sure, if theyre 100% outclassed then i dont see a reason really, i guess the surprise factor can be on your side but i wouldnt say its worth it
3: Havent heard of him
(1)what is going through your mind at team preview? (2)do you favor mostly not putting yourself in bad positions short-term or going for elaborate, long range plans?
thoughts on the competitiveness of the moves / do they contribute to a healthy metagame of: scald, stealth rock?
(4)hardest thing about DP / BW?
1: Team preview is probably the most important part of the battle, I try to analyze my opponents team first and see if i can figure out most sets (rocker, mega, hazard control, speed control) and look for weaknesses. Most of the time, finding weaknesses helps me figure out the team, for example when he's really lopunny weak its most likely to be rh chomp, or if the team is weak to defensive calm minders, the zam will most likely be encore. Then i try to get a gameplan going, see what mons i need to keep healthy, what mons are the most important midgame, and what can i sweep with. Oftentimes this plan can change depending on how the battle goes, but it helps a lot to figure out my lead, and how to make certain plays.
2: I think even though you need to keep the endgame in your head, thinking for short ranges is very important as well, because oftentimes when youre in a bad position (lets say your opponent has rocks up and gets a voltturn chain going) youre forced to sack something you wouldve needed for later. So both are definitely important, but usually the path out of shortterm problems is pretty clear and the consequences can be calculated, thats why thinking a couple turns ahead is always good next to your longterm plans.
3: I wouldnt really call scald broken, after all this is a game of chance, some move have side effects, others dont. The thing with scald is its distribution which is pretty insane, but those are all things you have to consider when teambuilding (azu isnt a good keldeo check, venu in sand with lose to scald burns longterm etc). Stealth rocks definitely contributes to a healthy meta, this game would be so boring without it (sry advers).
4: As to dpp its probably figuring out sets with limited information, sometimes you really cant consider every option (i.e. swampert vs zapdos can be a great or a horrible matchup, if you scout for hp grass and switch on a uturn you can lose momentum and be in a bad position). In bw its probably not losing to reuniclus + spikes :P
1. What is the most rude word in german?
2. When will you win Smogon Tour?
3. What is your opinion on Reuniclus in BW?
1: Körperklaus
2: in about 3 months ;]
3: contradicting what i said before, i think its definitely good but soo overprepared for nowadays, its pretty easy to lose to tho if youre not careful
hallo schatzi, ich habe einige Fragen mitgebracht
(1)how do you handle elecs in dpp other than scarftar?
(2)do you have some kinda formula/standard structure around supporting these fast offensive megas like Zam, Lop etc?
(3)do you use other "tools" than type synergy when building a team from scratch ? like, twave spam + slow breaker or whatever
(4)would you get into non-st old gens?
(5)we'll face in pocl yn
oh btw i made hp ice volc before :]
1: dugtrio ez
2: It really depends on the playstyle, both HO and balance can be really diverse there, so there isnt rly a fixed structure
3: Those kind of synergies usually appear on their own (i.e. on a rachi togekiss team with starmie and venu, i can run twave starmie to support the core because i dont have to worry about keldeo), there are often mons that do very similar things but can support the rest of the team differently. You can also start with the synergy and then build from there.
4: probably not just because theres only 1 major tour and id have to learn 3 tiers for that lol
5: y ;]

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi friend, thanks for the shoutout. As for questions:

1) which BP team I built did you enjoy the most? And why?
2) what is your favorite BP user? :D
3) is BP the best playstyle ever?
4) Can you find the checkmate-in-one in each of these games? (white to move)

a-
b-

5) If the area of ⃤ABC is 5000m2 with a=150m and b=70m, what are the two possible sizes of Cˆ?
6) In △ABC,AB=21,AC=17 and A^=33°. Find B^.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Sup man :]
  • Favorite core/mon to build around?
  • Best non-mega?
  • Best way to prepare against Gothi stalls in your opinion?
  • How much do you manage to keep your cool while laddering considering how frustrating that shit can be ;_;
  • What's your favourite official tour on here / the one that motivates you the most?
  • Saw above that you'll be studying computing (and maths), which part of informatics particulary interess you?
  • Which computing languages do you know and how would you define your programming level overall?
Also gj for tour so far!

Looking forward to seeing an RMT from you to continue the quality teams that have been hitting the forums as of late.

What do you think is the best way to deal with the current Gothitelle epidemic plaguing the ladder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)