ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voting for NV because it's like mine but for balance (btw NV you're lucky I didn't sue for copyright hue)

Reactions: nv
Voting serperior for uber I can't deny that it's a good core, basically mine but better choices
Actually testing mine, it was baaaaaad lol

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Alright guys voting is now over for the
cores! Kreme wins this week with his Hydreigon/Slurpuff/Doublade core so congrats to him! kokoloko and DaSpoofy tied for runner-up with 3 votes so they'll both get into the Hall of Fame along with Kreme. Grats guys!
kokoloko 3
Aquadext 1
iWanka 2
Kreme 5
NV 2
Vapo 1
LetMeShine 2
DaSpoofy 3
Serperior For Uber 2

This week's core will be
. You have till the end of Friday to submit cores again. Good luck guys! :]

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock/HP ice/volt switch
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Hydreigon @ Life Orb/Choice scarf (Usually would not recommend but it works well here)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt/Fire blast
- Roost/Uturn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Now this core is filled with standard mons and is actually really solid when paired with the right teammates. This core overall pairs really well with fire types like entei as obviously fairies can prove somewhat troublesome for the core. Fighting types also cause some issue but with all the coverage options uu fighting types have almost every core is pressured by them.

So Cobalions set can be adjusted but if you decide to use a better aero/mamo answer later but in my opinion shuca SD is one of the best coba sets and works well with the core while providing hazards, Twave is a scum option if you really hate gatr but I would just pair entei with the core to help a lot of these weaknesses. Reuniclus has the standard cm set but this core handles dark types really well and honestly Hoopa is such a threat rn that shadow ball reun could very much work here. Reun also provides aid in checking basically most of the defensive meta by handling things like cune, cm florges, mence, etc. Overall its really just there as the primary win con while coba and hydrei check the mons that threaten it. Finally Hydrei can be ran with either LO or Scarf I personally prefer LO but scarf does have its merits and it can honestly help the core a lot with extra speed. Hydrei is really just a top tier threat rn and really helps check a lot since it has a good typing relative to UU threats (water, grass, electric resists are nice).

Threats and Partners: Well some main threats are things like hoopa, gatr, mamo, beedrill, puff, and mence. The way I suggest handling (or helping to handle) most of these is Choice Banded Entei as it provides a great whims/fairy switch in and gives the team strong priority to threaten bee, puff, and gatr. A secondary water answer is nice especially if you put entei on the team a good one in particular is whims as it helps check fighting types. Overall a solid core imo that really threatens a lot of teams if played right.

Shoutout to DrReuniclus who made an RMT which was when I first used the core with altered sets which I will post here and maybe I will link it if reun wants me to.
Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Last edited:

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt

This is a nice balanced core that can be pretty effective in the current meta. It checks most popular threats and can be very hard to deal with.

Cobalion. Arguably the best Fighting-type in the UU tier right now. It is very valuable to the core, as it brings a lot of resistances on the table, checking threats like M-Beedrill, M-Aerodactyl, Hydreigon, Lucario and Sharpedo. It is a fast SR setter, can cripple many mons thinking they can freely switch (such as Doublade or Tentacruel) thanks to Thunder Wave and brings the necessary Fighting-type stab to smack P2 and Snorlax. It also serves as a good Knock Off absorber, as Slowking is very annoyed by this move.
Slowking is an underrated Pokemon right now. It is very important to this team, as it brings necessary resistances to Fire and Fighting, two common types. As such, it can easily switch into Entei and Fighting-types such as Lucario. It has two ways to cripple its opponent, with Scald burns and T-Wave (enjoy the yellow magic spam). It also annoys CroCune and setup sweepers in general, thanks to Dragon Tail.
Finally, Mandibuzz makes a nice companion, as it is able to take special attacks that Cobalion fear, and can freely switch into Ground-types. It also brings good utility, with KO to cripple switch-ins and Defog to remove hazards. It even shuts down setup sweepers and most notably Reuniclus, a major threat, thanks to Taunt.

This core is pretty strong and isn't really threatened by many Pokemons. Rotom-H is the biggest threat to this team, so adding a teammate that beats it is recommended. This core can sometimes find itself lacking power and being worn down by status. As such, adding strong wallbreakers and a cleric to the team sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
reserving Meinshao + Slowking + Hydreigon

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

A nice bulky offense core I've used AND HOLY CRAP I HAVE A SWITCH IN FOR CHANDELURE. I believe Jellicent would be a better fit than Slowking but alas we have the psychic restriction.

This core obviously features the not so bulky Meinshao, but it Scarf Shao serves as a good answer to hurt the the fast, strong offense mons like gatr and beedrill. Edge provides a lure for beedrill to stay in as it can't tell if you're scarfed if it protects. it also serves as a salamence lure, as it's other moves are usually setup fodder for a DD variant. Finally, Regenerator > Reckless because I don't find the extra power boost to be especially usefull with mega Pidgeot gone

Slowking forms a nice regenerator pair with Meinshao, and also will win a CM war with Suicune and maybe Reuniclus (haven't tested it), which are pretty big threats with a few CMs up. A CM variant of Slowking allows for the entire core to have some form of very relaible recovery, and also prevents Slowking from becoming too passive, which wouldn't fit well on this core. A nice bulky water type actually lets a core like this switch into Entei, which usually is a huge threat to cores like this. Also having a surefire switch in to Cobalion is always amazing in the current meta. I also like Slowking on this core, because Florges is a can wall the other two members, but is only setup fodder for Slowking.

Finally, Hydreigon rounds up the core by hitting insanely hard with LO Dracos, combined with it's stallbreaker set to wear down annoying fat stuff for the other two. Hydra also gives a rare switch in to Chandelure, which is okay if it tricks you a scarf/ specs, because I haven't particularly seen Chandy + stall lol. That's about all it does for the core, besides being arguably the best mon in UU.

Threats:
no switch ins

Luckily, none of these switch in very well against this core either, besides Whimsicott.
I looked through the viability rankings' and nothing viable can wall the entire core, so I guess that's a plus.

teammates:

Nido and Doublade provide a quick answer to fairy types, and Doublade a safer answer to stop a Slurpuff sweep. Mamo and MAero are good offensive checks to Mence, Beedril, and Whimsicott. P2 is a great blanket check that isn't 2HKOed by all of the unboosted threats and could potentially cripple them with t wave.

And look, a hastily built sample team using the core. Obviously not the best building because it was done in like 15 minutes.
Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 116 HP / 248 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Def / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
Reactions: rs
or
+
+

A stall/semistall core I had fun with these three compliment each other quite well. Chesnaught and Bronzong pair well with Bronzong taking Flying, Psychic, Ice, Fairy and Poison attacks for Chesnaught while the latter takes Dark and Ghost attacks. Umbreon eats Dark, Psychic and Ghost attacks while providing Cleric and Wish support to keep the two healthy. Protect helps to recover from it's own wishes as well as scout the opponent to predict sets. Chesnaught lays spikes out with a combination of Spiky Shield to wear down the opponents and Leech Seed to gain back health combined with Leftovers and Drain Punch. Leftovers can be swapped for Rocky Helmet if you wish to do more chip damage combined with Spiky Shield though I'd recommend taking Synthesis then to make up for the lost recovery. Bronzong serves to lay Stealth Rock and drop Toxic on Pokemon too beefy for it to do damage with Gyro Ball or Earthquake. It has to be careful of Fire damage though as both it and Chesnaught share the same weakness. Tentacruel can make an excellent partner for this as not only does it resist Fire but can also take Fighting attacks which Umbreon is weak too; giving the team needed hazard removal support with Rapid Spin and lay down Toxic Spikes.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed/Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Last edited:

For this core i wanted to try something underrated in Medicham its dual stab hits just about everything in tier for incredible damage bar a few stall mons and ever so annoying Doublade. So to handle that problem baton pass was added to Medicham to catch said mons off guard and blow holes in opposing teams. Hydreigon fit this roll perfectly OHKOing Doublade and dropping dracos on physical walls while luring Florges with flash cannon. Reuniclus is the glue that trueily keeps this core together. Its sheer bulk allowing to take on things that threaten this core like (Salamence,Florges,Mega Aerodactyl,Cobalion). Its Bulk Combined with Magic Guard,Recover, and calm mind allows to take on status and break away walls that Hydriegon/Medicham fail to.

Scarf Medichams EVs allow it to outpace Adamant Mega Beedrill,Regular Aerodactyl,and +1 Feraligatr

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Baton Pass/Trick

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon/Taunt
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast/Shadow Ball
- Recover

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
again at work so reserving heracross + mega absol + uxie

I would prefer to do hydreigon + reuniclus + lucario which I've actually used extensively, but it seems everyone hopped all over reuni and hydreigon so lol

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Explosion

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Hyper Offense core, normal SR lead Azelf because it's so effective at getting up rocks (though the fact that it's Psychic type means nothing for this core lol), Pursuit Absol traps Reuniclus, Slowking, Jellicent, kinda Doublade, Hoopa, Chandelure, and kinda Cress, all of which DD Cobalion appreciates being weakened or gone. Fire Blast can lure a couple common switchins like Whimsicott Chesnaught Forry opposing Cobalion and kinda Mega Aggron, and hits Doublade a bit harder than Knock Off.

I put my core on a fish because the fins act as a nice blanket for the Pokemon... you know? Haha anyway here is my core. It consists of two anti-core smashers and a supporting physically defensive tank. The main goal of the core is to spam high damaging attacks on your opponent until you get worn down enough or get statused and need a healing wish to finish off their team. The bulk from Cresselia, the pursuit trapping from Honchkrow, and the anti-meta move-set on Infernape, makes this highly effective and easy to pull off. I hope you guys enjoy the core!​
@

Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
Pursuit

Sucker Punch

Brave Bird

Superpower

@

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
Thunder Wave

Psychic
/ Ice Beam
/ Moonblast

Moonlight
/ Ice Beam

Lunar Dance

@

Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
Overheat

Hidden Power

Close Combat

U-turn

What Honchkrow does:
  • Wall Breaks
  • Powerful Flying Stab
  • Pursuit Trap
  • Priority Sweeper
If you haven't noticed already, Honchkrow is a problem for a lot of well built teams now-a-days. Usually the only flying resist people have is an Empoleon. This makes Honchkrow a very good wall breaker. Pursuit trapping works really well with Infernape since it does not have coverage for Chandelure and Hoopa. Psychic types are nice to get out of the way for Infernape and Cresselia; pursuit deals with those too to an extent. Once you get a kill, Honchkrow's sucker punch is able to KO faster threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Feraligatr. Honchkrow does tend to kill itslef off with recoil damage, but Cresselia's Lunar Dance allows it to heal up and keep on sweeping.

What Cresselia does:
  • Lunar Dance Support
  • Thunder Wave Support
  • Takes on Core Threats like Mamoswine
A bulky wall with yellow magic and recovery. What more can you ask for? Of course the wall breaker duo can not stand alone on its own resistances so I added some bulk. The main reason for Cresselia is for Lunar Dance. As said previously, Honchkrow tends to kill itself with recoil and life orb damage and Infernape isn't much better. Lunar Dance gives these wall breakers a second life so to speak. Thunder wave is paralyze lol. Not much to say there but its nice to get Hydregion on the switch or something faster than Honhckrow that resists sucker punch. Now the main attack for Cresselia depends on the rest of your team. If you have more solid answers for ground types, then you don't need ice beam. If you just want power, then go with the psychic stab.

What Infernape does:
  • Mixed Attacker
  • Powerful Fighting Stab
  • Salamence and Gligar Lure
  • Pivot (U-turn)
I hate normal wall plus fighting resist. Most of the time those fighting resists are physical walls that Honchkrow can struggle with. If you want to use the lure correctly, then don't predict the Gligar or Salamence. You out-speed them anyway, just use CC and then HP ice. Don't give away the lure so quickly. Overheat is the fire stab that is boosted by blaze without taking recoil. It can be great to kill Tangrowth off without receiving any recoil other than LO damage. Infernape can take ice shard if needed for Honchkrow. Then pivot out into something else to get trapped. Both wall breakers work together to eliminated each others threats.

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Bronzong @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Another Hyper Offense core that hits all the same shit to overwhelm it for a sweep somewhere down the line. Everything is capable of busting through a wall or two by itself. Sharpedo can mega early for some surprise 2hkos, Lucario can SD to dent a big wall, Bronzong can go boom and leave a crater in the opponents team. All three are also capable of cleaning up late game very easily. Sharpedo can obviously nab a speedboost and clean up, Lucario can punish with priority, and Bronzong becomes terrifying with Trick Room affecting the field. Zong also has an awesome effect on Hyper Offense cores by providing both offensive and defensive presence, stopping Mega Aerodactyl and Nidoqueen very reliably who are both nightmarish for a lot of offensive teams to face. Pair it with other more standard wallbreakers for a bit more reliable wallbreaking since this combo is definitely more focused on sweeping than breaking. Another less obvious rocker is nice too since many will expect Zong to be the rocker.

Valentine

Banned deucer.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Psychic
-Taunt

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Dark Pulse

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Protect
-Crunch
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
God damn it, YABO, i was resizing my gifs, still posting this anyways B)

This is a sturdy Hyper Offense core that works well with most offensive mons. Azelf gets up rocks then dies. Lucario punches some holes. Sharpedo sweeps. As YABO has already pointed out, TR Zong is a good example of a teammate for a few different reasons. First, Sharpedo and Lucario already have methods of dealing with TR turns, packing Protect and ExtremeSpeed respectively. Bronzong also helps wear down similar counters, like bulky waters, grounds, and steels. Explosion also ensures that your opponent doesn't get a chance to spin or defog away your suicidal hazards. Entei works well with Bronzong, being able to ExtremeSpeed inside of TR, while also wearing down+statusing bulky waters to open the path for a sweep.

Aside from TR routes, Salamence works well with Lucario, as they can create set up opportunities for each other with their typing alone. Mence also offers a solid fighting and ground resist, since Azelf isn't going to be sticking around for more than a turn or two. This core needs things that can trade evenly with bulkier offensive mons, like Machamp or Nidoqueen. Breakers like Gatr or Entei can do this safely, just be careful of Guts. Basically, focus on adding a breaker or two, since the Sharpedo sweep is the main goal. Once you can effectively break fat things, add something immediately threatening to Aero and Bee (fast shit), since you don't want to commit your Shark early game. Scarfers (or TR Zong) or multiple forms of priority are usually what gets the job done

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Reserving Lucario, Krookodile, and Azelf

O
kay I got a Lucario, Krookodile, Azelf core for you guys.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

This is my main mon of this team and is a great mon in general. Choice scarf gives it sweeping potential as well as moxie boosts. Knock off is for utility as well, and the main move here is pursuit. It can trap psychic and ghost types, that cant do much to Krookodile. Because my Lucario lacks crunch, pursuit support from Krook is great for trapping and killing ghost and psychic types which Lucario cant do much too.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Lucario is also a great physical sweeper, with great synergy with Krookodile. As previously mentioned, Lucario has trouble with ghost and psychic types, which krook handles with ease with pursuit trapping. This is the ever so common Swords Dance sweeping set, and it is very effective. Swords dance boosts Lucarios attack to already high levels, and then he can sweep with +2 priority extremespeed, and close combat for steel and rocks types, as well as more raw damage output. Stone Edge is my last move of choice, for Chandelure, Lucarios biggest check due to immunity of most of his moves, as well as fire typing for an easy OHKO. Stone edge OHKO's chandelure even without +2, and hit many other relevant threats including Crobat, Entei, Darmanitan, Mandibuzz, and others. And the crit chance is always nice :).

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Taunt

This is my last mon in the set, and plays a special attacking and supportive role. Rocks is greatly appreciated by both Krook and Lucario, as it secures KO's and piles up chip damage. Azelf also plays a taunt role, to prevent opposing set up sweepers, and status support. Azelf also takes care of threats with psychic and flamethrower, which has great coverage. Focus Sash is for the guaranteed stealth rocks as well.

Overall I have had great success with this Core and takes on relevant threats. This core also succeeds even more with defog/rapid spin support, and especially forretress, which even though bring another fire weakness, can also hazard stack with spikes, and bring in slow pivot with Volt Switch..

~LRXC Have a great day!

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reserving Krookodile Cobalion and Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / Volt Switch
- Iron Head

This is a pretty simple core actually. The general idea is to facilitate a Reuniclus sweep using Krookodile to Pursuit trap stuff like Cresselia / Doublade / Slowking / Reuniclus and others. Cobalion is a good check to many Dark-types such as Hydreigon, non-Superpower Absol, and Sharpedo. Swords Dance is nice for late-game stuff and Volt Switch can be nice for luring in Pokemon like Doublade and Cresselia making them easy pickings for Krookodile.

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion

I kinda showed up late and seeing that everybody had already utilized a lot of mons that I could work with, I threw together a zoroark core.

Using illusion with croak can severely cripple croak's checks like an EQ or special lucario or weakening a salamence to where it dies to rock or cant take a sucker, or even take out a hard counter like doublade. Azelf is chillin there to provide a nice lead rocker and boom support lol.

I really like zoro and it can actually be very effective if you can utilize illusion to its full ability so yeah thats what I got.

Hope you guys like it!

Edit: forgot sets lol
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Night Daze
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Defensive / Stall Core

Bronzong @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield / Roar
- Wood Hammer

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast / Earth Power / Dragon Pulse

Okay, hai. This is my first time making a UU core, so my appologies if this one isn’t the best or more original one in the competition. This psychic / fighting / dark core is for a stall oriented defensive team, and it is based around dwindling down the opponent’s health through hazard stacking. Bronzong is the Stealth Rocks setter and pivot between Chesnaught, the spike setter and physical hitter, and Hydreigon, the special wall/stall breaker. Bronzong is running Heatproof over Levitate to help diminish the Wil-O-Wisping, as it takes half damage from those. Hydreigon is too frail with both LO recoil and a burn and Chesnaught is completely shut down once statused, so Bronzong is the only able taker. The other two help cover for his ground weakness without Levitate rather perfectly, so it was a waste to have it anyways. Chesnaught can either use Leech Seed or Synthesis depending whether there is another Poké on the team that can give recovery to the core. An outside Wish-passer really can change the way Chesnaught is played, so chose your moves based on that factor. As said above, the Hydreigon set suggested is a wall/stall breaker. Taunt is used to shut down set up sweepers, but it has to be used correctly. He can’t tank too much, so a wrong predict can cause him to be 1 or 2 HKOed. If played correctly, Hydreigon can eliminate a lot of threats with the help of Chesnaught.

This core can take on all types very well, but there are a few Pokémon who are a pain to play against. Salamence can often be a pain if it gets in before hazards are stacked. Crobat, although isn’t able to hit the core hard, is hard to beat unless worked well with Taunt and possesses the potential to Defog. Another common threat is Tentacruel, who is just mean. So mean. Mean mean mean. But yeah, besides for that, I think this core is at least okay ^-^​

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+
+

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect / Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Psychic

Ok so this is a really fun core I found while having zero teams for UU (I know I should be ashamed since I am UU staple player, but I did a purge and was unsatisfied with most of the stuff I was trying). Basically, Toxicroak and Mega Houndoom have great defensive synergy due to their abilities being immunities and their offensive synergy allows them to take advantage of each other's checks and counters. Mega Houndoom takes on the bulky physical Steel-types such as Forretress and Mega Aggron that plague Toxicroak while also hitting most Psychic-types hard with STAB Dark Pulse. Toxicroak takes on those pesky bulky Waters that trouble Mega Houndoom while also pressuring Florges and special walls such as Blissey, Empoleon, and Umbreon. Cresselia completes this nasty little core by providing two things this core really enjoys: Thunder Wave support and Lunar Dance. Thunder Wave means fast shit trying to outspeed Mega Houndoom such as Choice Scarf Mienshao and Mega Aerodactyl are now crippled, giving Mega Houndoom a chance to beat them handily. Toxicroak also benefits from this as its base 85 Speed is really lackluster offensively speaking, making it rely on Sucker Punch more than it should. Lunar Dance also allows Mega Houndoom or Toxicroak to gain back the PP of their low BP STAB moves in Fire Blast and Gunk Shot respectively.

Final note is that expect to see this core on a much larger scale soon as I have something in store with it.

It is an RMT ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)