Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So, I've been playing through Y again recently, and just reached that route between Lumiose and Camphirer town. After doing a little bit of level grinding and starting to push through the route, I ended up running into a shiny Gulpin (not a hoard, just a standalone Gulpin). Quite an unexpected surprise. Initially wasn't planning on even batting an eye to Gulpin, but since random shinies usually collect dust in my boxes behind the RNGs/TSV shinies, I decided to put this stroke of luck to use and use the Gulpin on my in-game team. He might be a surprising MVP on my team, and the fact that he's Modest doesn't hurt either.

After getting lucky and getting the Male Jolly 31/31/x/x/x/31 Ralts I was breeding for on the third batch of eggs, I have now gotten my first shiny in ORAS: a Zigzagoon. I don't much like the color (orange? Really?) but the luck is still nice

I don't think any of my Shiny experiences could beat my Shiny Aron in Pokémon Y. I was competitively breeding Aron, and was keeping it a secret from one of my friends who I had a strong rivalry with, as I could never beat him whenever we battled.

I brought my 3DS into school one day, and sat with one of my other friends during an English class. The teacher had not arrived yet, so I was still hatching eggs. My friend next to me asked me what I was doing, so I turned the screen to him as an egg was hatching, and said, 'See for yourself'.

His response was, 'Why does that Aron have red eyes?'

Once we figured out what had happened, we had to stifle our screaming from my rival who was sitting across from us, looking quite bemused.

But the final twist of the story: Both the Aron's parents were mine. It wasn't a Masuda Method Shiny.

I was (relatively recently) hunting in the HG/SS safari for mothers to bring up to Gen 6 and thought I'd catch a Lapras so I went surfing and lo and behold...shiny lapras. AND it was a female. I was terrified since it was safari zone and it could've run, but it actually took just one safari ball. She also happened to be sassy, so not a terrible nature either.

Needless to say, I've been playing Pokémon since the day it arrived in the US and that was only my second Pre Gen 6 shiny. The other was a terrible gentle weavile that I just randomly hatched in BW.

I've gotten 3 shinies discounting trades and gyarados.
1. A shiny Zigzagoon while I was running around trying to get an Eevee to come out.
2. A shiny Woobat while I was running around in a friend safari. (Traded for a shiny servine)
3. A shiny charm, masuda method shiny charmander which I proudly have to my friend as a gift.

Sapphire Version
I had been shiny hunting for HOURS on end, looking for my first shiny. After what seemed like an eternity, I gave up. As I was WALKING OUT of the grass patch to stop shiny hunting, I encountered a wild Zigzagoon. But this was no regular Zigzagoon. No, no, THIS was a Zigzagoon that was a slightly lighter shade of brown. Not the best shiny at all, but it was the most memorable.

Sapphire Version, again
I was training up my Mankey in Granite Cave when I found an Aron that looked like it had pinkeye. My second shiny! And btw, Shiny Aggron looks beast.

X version
Found a shiny Basculin while fishing.
It used Final Gambit.
Yayyyy...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
When playing in SoulSilver I was in the Safari Zone looking for rare shit with the sound off and not really paying too much attention. I saw a Jigglypuff and thought nothing off it until I realized its eye color might have looked a bit off... after I had ran from it.

To this day I still don't know if I had willingly ran from a Shiny. ;_;

When playing in SoulSilver I was in the Safari Zone looking for rare shit with the sound off and not really paying too much attention. I saw a Jigglypuff and thought nothing off it until I realized its eye color might have looked a bit off... after I had ran from it.

To this day I still don't know if I had willingly ran from a Shiny. ;_;
Yep, I had the same kind of deal when looking for lucky eggs in platinum. I was watching a movie, so I wasn't really paying attention. I kept using thief which ko'd them, and didn't notice until I looked down that one of the chanseys I killed looked off color-wise. Sadly I'm sure this kind of thing has happened multiple times to me without me noticing.

I have way too many shinies to talk about all of them, but this one was incredible, so:

In BW2, I spent a few days RNGing (I'm not a very good RNGer) for a flawless shiny Cobalion. Okay, normal enough, but the incredible part is that after I succeeded and caught him, I figured I'd take him for a spin by catching the in-game Uxie... Only for that Uxie to also be a flawless shiny. I don't know whether she was on the same seed as the Cobalion (again: Not a very good RNGer) or if it was pure dumb luck, but I screamed for a week.

The only shiny I've ever encountered in the wild was a Golbat while passing through Meteor Falls in Emerald. I threw a Repeat Ball, caught it, dropped it in the PC, done. Later, I did transfer it to a friend's Diamond version only for him to lose it on the plane. Even then, I didn't really care much for it so it wasn't really a big deal to me.

I've only encountered and caught a Shiny Voltorb in New Mauville.It was colored Blue instead of Red.Since then,I've had no luck! :(

Aside from the red Gyarados in Crystal, my very first shiny was a green Wingull I caught in Black (unfortunately, the cartridge was stolen along with my DS, which had more than a thousand hours on it... :( ). In X, while I was trying to catch some Dittos with specific natures, I stumbled across a shiny Zoroark. From the same game, I also got a shiny Eevee in exchange of a Light Ball (which I got on the very first Pikachu I saw, yay!). And just recently, I bred an almost flawless shiny Electrike, but unfortunately, it had the wrong Hidden Power... Oh, and I almost forgot shiny events like flawless Genesect (from movie event) and, more recently, Rayquaza.

Despite the fact that I've played the games a lot, I've only encountered 2 shinies in the wild (this is compared to some people I know, who say they'e encountered up to 12 in the wild. How? I don't know). Anyway, my first shiny was a Geodude in Platinum. I encountered it on the route that you need to grind on before battling Roark (the one with the Ponytas). This is when I was quite new to Pokemon, and I had no idea why this Geodude was sparkling all of a sudden, so I basically discarded it and kept on grinding. RIP Geodude.

My second was a shiny Audino in Black and White. I was grinding on Audinos and completely unexpectedly I encountered a shiny. To my luck, I had a large stock of Pokeballs and managed to capture it. Unfortunately, I had a bit of trouble nicknaming it... and accidentally called it "Sim". Anyway, it had a nice time sitting in my PC box lol.

My most recent shiny experience was in trying to Masuda Method for a shiny Pumpkaboo last Halloween, and failing to find one on the day itself, so I dropped my leftover eggs in my box.

A few months later, I went and decided to hatch all the eggs I had sitting in my boxes to make room, and what do you know? Shiny Pumpkaboo!

my first shiny was a random encounter in HG. it was a shiny raticate. "Ruby" my most recent was in BW when i found a shiny audino looking for synchronize munnas.

I recently began playing Pokemon Emerald, for a nostalgia trip I guess. I somehow got really lucky with finding a shiny Beldum in an Egg, which I now have holding a Choice Band for the Battle Frontier. So that was nice.

But beyond that, I decided to play in the Battle Tower, as sort of a throwback to the very beginning of the Tower/Subway/Maison challenges. And I came across a Venusaur. With the star animation. It was lime green. With a yellow-orange flower. And it was female, on top of that. A shiny female Venusaur in the Battle Tower, a place where Pokemon cannot be caught. So that was not nice.

But oh well, I'm happy with my shiny Metagross, which also happens to be in the picture, since I lead with it in the Battle Tower.

Attachments

I recently began playing Pokemon Emerald, for a nostalgia trip I guess. I somehow got really lucky with finding a shiny Beldum in an Egg, which I now have holding a Choice Band for the Battle Frontier. So that was nice.

But beyond that, I decided to play in the Battle Tower, as sort of a throwback to the very beginning of the Tower/Subway/Maison challenges. And I came across a Venusaur. With the star animation. It was lime green. With a yellow-orange flower. And it was female, on top of that. A shiny female Venusaur in the Battle Tower, a place where Pokemon cannot be caught. So that was not nice.

But oh well, I'm happy with my shiny Metagross, which also happens to be in the picture, since I lead with it in the Battle Tower.
Battle Tower started in Crystal, just saying.

Anyway, I now have 30 shinies total that are just trophies, with even more as competitive. The joys of trading.

Oriolous said:
Battle Tower started in Crystal, just saying.
Oops! I always seem to forget Crystal...

It's always a surprise to get a shiny via Wonder Trade too, like the shiny 6IV Furret I got in exchange for some not-very-impressive Pokemon.

i've probably only found about four shinies in about 200+ hours of gameplay.
but my most memorable experience was when i tried to find shiny fletchling with random walking (i had no idea of pokeradar at that time)
when i used my friend's pokemon x, i used his shiny charm and instantly...
GODDAMN SHINY FLETCHLING

A few months ago I was playing Heart Gold and I encountered a shiny Metapod in the Bug Catching Contest. Managed to catch it too. IVs and everything are utter trash, but I don't care. Pretty awesome to get such a Pokemon in such an exclusive event.

I found a shiny Graveler. So glad it didn't explode on me. Caught it and traded it to a friend for a level 100 Swampert. I actually don't regret that.

I also saw a shiny pokemon in Battle Factory. So pissed.

I received a shiny Toxicroak over GTS and I am still surprised it was not hacked.

I have a Japanese Ditto which is my favorite Ditto for breeding just in case.

I had 5 cases of PKRS and only 1 wild shiny. That is sad.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think I learned about shinies in HGSS, but my first non-Gyarados one was in Platinum- I used the Poke Radar and eventually got a shiny Swinub. It evolved into a shiny Mamoswine which looked amazing! It was all green and stuff. Sadly I don't know what happened to it :(
After that, it was my brother's birthday and I didn't know what to give him, but I had an idea. I went to Platinum's Route 201 and eventually succeeded in capturing a shiny Shinx. I traded it to him.
When I was grinding in Soul Silver, I ran into a shiny Corsola out of the blue. (See what I did there?) I still have that one, named Fortune.

The only shiny I remember encountering myself without trading or trying to find one (asides from Red Gyarados) was a shiny Machop in Emerald. This was obviously a while ago and I had no idea that Pokemon could actually BE shiny until then (asides from Red Gyarados). Unfortunately, it was on an emulator playthrough - figured the file must have f'd up :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)