ORAS OU If You (a mega-gyarados team)

Hello! I am Local!. And this doth be my second rmt. After toying with this team and having some success on the ladder (I am about at rank 1400) I would like to see how to make this team better! Lets "dive" into it shall we? (hah water pun. Gyarados team. It isn't funny I know.)

tumblr_n3h0guYoMt1rpn9eno1_500.gif

Ruins (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 35 Def / 45 SpD / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Finally, a bulky gyarados. Sure the EVs are all over the place but let me tell you think guy puts in work. After one ddance Ruins can kill. Also the SPD Evs come in handy (252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 88 HP / 45 SpD Mega Gyarados: 234-276 (66.2 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Earthquake for your rotom washes, Crunch for your latios, Waterfall because STAB, and Dragon Dance to increase this guy's power. Check it out here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-277954212

tumblr_m1itbt3wrt1qkukhbo1_500.gif

If You (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive/Jolly Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

Oh yes. Kyurem-Black is incredible. Ice beam for your garchomps and the STAB is awesome. Naive nature isn't the best so it could be replaced with a Jolly nature but that is for you to decide. The utility on this guy is great. Just look at this: 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 237-281 (60.1 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. Sadly, this guy can't take a draco meteor but I do have a solution for that.
tumblr_lo78snErp41qm9itbo1_500.gif

Revolutionary (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Care to be thunder waved mr. lopunny? Or you charizard? Perhaps talonflame. Togekiss is annoying. Once it uses thunder wave and then air slash, you will most likely fall victim to Serene Grace or Paralysis. Roost for longevity and aura sphere for bisharp, ferrothorn, and excadrill. I have found so much use with this guy and it keeps on giving.
tumblr_mg5hsameAB1r84emlo1_r1_500.gif

To This Day (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

My lead. Spikes is a given because hazards are fun, leech seed to stall out your chanseys or whatever, gyro ball and power whip to deal with fairies and quagsires back to back. It's special defense is pretty good (0- SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 180-216 (51.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and it can counter tank chomp pretty well.

giphy.gif

Kyto (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Trick
- Bolt Strike

So terrifying yet so fucking adorable. Trick will mess up any hazard setter or anything that is trying to set up against it. Trick has ruined matches for my opponent and it continues to be a good move to carry. V-create hits so hard. Just so hard. Bolt strike also is great (252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Not too shabby and lastly u-turn for your hoopas, psychic types, celebis, and latis. Scarf helps this guy to revenge-kill threats and it can handle fast threats better than banded victini.

D54.gif

Dun (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
Due to a recent suggestion by -Clone- I present Dun. He forms a good hazard core with Ferrothorn and can use fire blast on ferrothorns, skarmory, or any other lead. It is bulky and with the 16 speed IVs it can out speed many other leads. Earthquake for stab and dragon tail to switch up those who are setting up to sweep.

Thank you for reading this! Please help me out below. I struggle with:
Mega Sableye
Mega Lopunny
Dragon Dance Dragonite
Life Orb SD Bisharp

I may need something to control hazards and something to help me with the threats listed above. Thank you again and adieu.

tumblr_lzyzlvSYEr1r4hwmoo1_400.gif

Attachments

Last edited:
Bulkychomp over ferro helps with dragonite (because SR and Rocky helmet/rough skin damage) can make ur bisharp/lop matchup much better too

Then maybe u should go unaware clefable over togekiss with wish heal Bell moonblast fire move/protect because flying type on toge doesnt help and this opens up for chansey beeing removed for something

Then a scarf keldeo over victini just is gonna work wonders revenging lop countering bisharp

Then a specially defensive gliscor with defog over chansey gets u Hazard controll

If u do theese changes u get kinda M-manectric/raikou weak and a little Rotom-w weak but thoose can be handeld

Thats My 5 cents

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
right now i see mega lopunny as a massive threat to your team, as you have nothing to switch into it bar togekiss, but togekiss doesnt even really 'wall it', perse. you also lack a stealth rocker on your team, so a change i see being beneficial is running tankchomp over chansey. chansey, in all honesty, is a terrible mon to use outside of stall, and it saps all momentum from you when you send it out, especially since you arent using softboiled. tankchomp, on the other hand, is a great glue mon for offensive teams and fits in well with the rest of the team. it checks lopunny, and it also handles bisharp, another threat you mentioned. furthermore, it forms a hazard stacking core with ferrothorn and between hazards and garchomps phazing, you can wear down opposing team enough for a gyarados sweep.

speaking of gyarados, running max speed and attack with a jolly nature is more beneficial than the arbitrary evs you have now. gyara needs all the power and speed it can get, especially since you struggle with fastmons quite a bit. with max speed and a dd, you even outspeed and kill lop, so thats something really important. another set change i think you should make is nasty plot over thunder wave on togekiss. nasty plot enables you to break fat teams much easier, because between the power and flinching, they really can't do anything to you. finally, run jolly over adamant on victini because it needs the speed more than the power.

good luck with the team. hope i helped.

sets:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Thanks guys! Also I need help tweaking my kyurem set or scratching it all together. Your thoughts?

Cofagrigus completely walls M-Lopunny, I'd you switch it into a HJK Cofagrigus can easily take the hit and wall it after Mummy. It's also a decent physical wall, and has access to Calm Mind.

Instead of what? 0.0
Just a suggestion. Your team seems to be prepared as Togekiss can wall Lopunny to an extent, but Return could be problematic.

Togekiss also answers Bisharp well; if it outspeeds you're gonna have one dead Bisharp.

Dragonite will fall to 2 Ice moves, peeeferably Ice Beam and Shard. It will be necessary to tank a hit. Ice Shard is an excellent move, but I doubt solely it can 2HKO.

Togekiss destroys Sableye. It can't do much to Togekiss and also takes super effective damage. Do not Thunder Wave Sableye, this will get Magic Bounced.

Last edited:
I can't really see any massive weaknesses, but as for Kyurem, while Iron Head for fairies is creative, if you just want to be crazy, try Freeze Shock with Power Herb, just to be insane, but hey, it will smash really hard anything that doesn't survive

Slap a King's Rock on Togekiss if you really want to be a jackass.

70% Flinch + 25% Paralysis = Death.

You have Roost, it's enough. Lefties can always be Knocked Off, but I see Roost can take care of HP Recovery better than it anyway. If you really need to heal, you can do so provided the opponent is paralyzed or cannot outspeed, rather than trivial 1/16th HP.

Slap a King's Rock on Togekiss if you really want to be a jackass.

70% Flinch + 25% Paralysis = Death.

You have Roost, it's enough. Lefties can always be Knocked Off, but I see Roost can take care of HP Recovery better than it anyway. If you really need to heal, you can do so provided the opponent is paralyzed or cannot outspeed, rather than trivial 1/16th HP.
"Has a 10% chance of causing the target Pokémon to flinch when using a move that deals damage and does not already have a chance to flinch"

Why does nobody know how this item works?

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The most glaring problem with this team is the lack of hazard removal. You have 3 SR-weak Pokemon, 4 if you count pre-mega Gyarados, only one of which have reliable recovery and no way to remove opposing entry hazards, meaning you can easily be put in a really tough spot if the opponent gets entry hazards up. You could I guess run Defog on Togekiss, but it's really difficult to fit since you either have to sacrifice Thunder Wave or coverage. Given that you're also very weak to Keldeo, I think either Starmie or Latias would be a pretty good fit on your team, prefferably Starmie since Rapid Spin is superor to Defog on a Spikes team, although Latias has a few advantages over Starmie like a Ground immunity and the ability to lure Ferrothorn and Scizor for Starmie via HP Fire. I would run either over Togekiss, it honestly seems like the least necessary member of your team, and doesn't provide too much outside of Thunder Wave support, which you can also get from Starmie or Latias if you really want (though I would highly reccomend Psyshock for Sub CM Keldeo which runs through you otherwise).

I mentioned Mega Manectric as a big threat earlier. Another Pokemon which can easily sweep you is Charizard-X which you barely have any way of dealing with once it sets up. There's actually a really easy way of handling these 2 Pokemon, and that's running Hippowdon over Garchomp. It handles pretty much the same Pokemon, with the added advnage of beating the 2 I mentioned. It's a bit more passive but it's defenitely worth it so that you'll have less trouble against these threats.

Edit : So I somehow forgot to mention this, but if you're worried about Stall, and especially Mega Sableye (and follow my advice to replace Togekiss, making you even more Sableye-weak), why not try Taunt on MGyarados? This enables it to heavily threaten standard Stall and set up all over Sableye, and works especially well with the bulky EVs you're running on it. Now, you could run it over EQ, but given your big weakness to Keldeo and the subsequent need for MGyara to hit it, I think it's a better idea to replace Waterfall for it : you do lose a STAB, but you don't need it too much outside of Clefable, Crunch is such an excellent STAB anyway, and it combined with EQ pretty much hits everything neutrally. Substitute is also a good option, enabling it to more safely set up on Scalds and Lava Plumes, but doesn't work nearly as well against stall teams.

Revolutionary (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunder Wave / Aura Sphere

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Ruins (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 35 Def / 45 SpD / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt / Substitute

Last edited:
Hey really cool team

Since you are using mega-gyarados i think its better to use Hp fire instead of iron head on kyurem-b to lure ferro to clean the path for gyarados sweep.

Tankchomp is dealing with bisharp/lopunny so i think you are fine against them

Since you are using togekiss/kyu-b/gyarados you need rapid spin support

Mega sableye isn't a threat cuz you are using a fairy type who don't really care about wow (togekiss) and can just spam air slash to kill him

DD Nite is uncommon these time but its still a threat just use glaciate on your victini and try to have rocks up always to break multiscale

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 224 Spe (forgot the life orb/sr number for ev will add it later)
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)