Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I really wonder what takes them so long to announce the games.
Seriously, even the anime is announced now.

Remember what the anime does and what the games does is completely two different things (sometimes unfortunate). The anime takes things and material from the games but it doesn't exactly follow what the game tries telling. BW must have been an annoying experience for the writers with not only them having to delay the Team Plasma arc but than hearing about BW2.

They'll announce the games when they're good and ready, from the tibits of information we got about Zygarde's new forms if that's any indication of the plot's complication then I'd rather they focus on getting that down and making an intriguing announcement than them looking at what they have and slapping something together. Remember the "sneak peak" or ORAS? Do you want another one of those or do you want a trailer like we got for XY?

They must have another new shocker trend-breaking announcement about the sequel to not reveal the game title(s) at the same time as the new anime arc. What that shocker actually is, though...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
they're going to have three sequels this time, of course!
Pokemon ZX, Pokemon ZY, and Pokemon XY!
Don't joke, they'll probably do it (or at least want to). :P I can imagine it now:

ZX is the sequel to X.
ZY is the sequel to Y.
XY is the "traditional" third version which combines XY's stories. Make it XYZ and you can throw Zygarde into the mix.

Reactions: JES

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Updated the OP anyway in case it was important, though I'm leaving the thread title alone until we get an official statement about the name.

At the same time, Game Freak has trademarked "Grey" and "Waterblue" in the past as precaution. This may be simply to protect against, say, another company making a game based on the anime or something; same as the aforementioned trademarks. Not saying it's definitely this - not unless I want to suffer the fate of Codraroll - but just don't jump to conclusions.

At the same time, Game Freak has trademarked "Grey" and "Waterblue" in the past as precaution. This may be simply to protect against, say, another company making a game based on the anime or something; same as the aforementioned trademarks. Not saying it's definitely this - not unless I want to suffer the fate of Codraroll - but just don't jump to conclusions.
Even more recently, they trademarked "Delta Emerald" for the same precautionary reason. "XY&Z" as a trademarked name is probably there for potential brandname-similarity lawsuits if anyone else did suddenly start advertising "Pokemon XZ", for instance.

Even more recently, they trademarked "Delta Emerald" for the same precautionary reason. "XY&Z" as a trademarked name is probably there for potential brandname-similarity lawsuits if anyone else did suddenly start advertising "Pokemon XZ", for instance.
Yeah, I just didn't want to say it in case of the less than 1% chance they do make Delta Emerald.
Again, the legends of Codraroll stay with my heart.

Yeah, I just didn't want to say it in case of the less than 1% chance they do make Delta Emerald.
Again, the legends of Codraroll stay with my heart.
Thanks to the fact that we're all expecting a "Pokemon Z", I'm gonna roll all over the floor in laughter as the forums blow up with "Oh my god, they solved this in the Delta Episode, why do we need an ENTIRE game dedicated to Rayquqaza now??!", should that happen. But all I'm saying about the game dev trademarking "XY&Z" is that it makes it easier to go in any direction with a game title using the end of the alphabet, so it's just as likely to be the title of the next game as much as it's likely to be something similar to "XY&Z".

Also, please explain the Tragedy of Codraroll?

Coro Coro tends to come out on the 15th, but the leaks tend to come around the 11th at the earliest. So, we'll see the leaks probably by the end of Monday if we are lucky

Ugh.

Well, that "XY&Z" trademark may just apply to something involving these legendary giveaways, since they're a part of the promotional campaign for the new anime arc. It might be their OT, or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 42)