All Gens RoA PL 2: Week 5 (&6, see page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? I've been on smogtours and still am (where you PM'd me initially) and you haven't VM'd me saying you were ready....

please explain where i was supposed to "show up"

I find it funny that you could've clicked my name any time in the past few hours and seen that I was on forums but decided instead of VM-ing me it was a better decision to make an activity post

10/10
was it that hard to pm me on smogtours saying you were ready? you asked for the delay, you were supposed to say you were ready. im not gonna chase you when you ask for a delay.
yes i checked your profile, i saw you found time to log on smogon, but not on to pm me on smogtours or vm me on smogon. werent you ready too?

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Week 5 is finished... Week 6 begins!

Since it's not been satisfactorily decided who faces Pacifidlog Typhloons in the final and there's 13 matches still open, the finals will be delayed a week and will now start on October 19th. Thus we have week 6, where the task will be to finish Week 5's battles! While the replay site is down, please pastebin Pokémon Showdown! battle logs.

All the following battles will be marked as being past the initial deadline on the spreadsheet. If they remain unplayed after this week, decisions will weight contact/activity before the initial deadline more strongly.

Bedschibaer vs Jame$ G
Natural Talent vs Bughouse
PDC vs Aerodactyl Legend
metaphysical vs Aurious

galbia vs Mambo
giara vs Omfuga
During Summer vs Smurf.
Sapientia vs Hikari
Cronenberg vs Harsha

Lavos Spawn vs choolio
hellpowna vs Laurel
badabing vs d0nut
Steve Angello vs bugzinator

I started classes this monday, so I have to adapt to my new schedule

The only week I don't need an extension is the week I get one. Would had appreciated getting extensions the two times I missed my schedule times cuz I had to deal with unexpected rl shit

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Week 6 is finished.

Activity Wins

Bedschibaer
vs Jame$ G
metaphysical vs Aurious
Lavos Spawn vs choolio

Dead Games

galbia vs Mambo (borderline decision)
giara vs Omfuga (borderline decision)
During Summer vs Smurf. (borderline decision)
Sapientia vs Hikari (borderline decision)
Cronenberg vs Harsha
badabing vs d0nut

Final Scores

Pacifidlog Typhloons (8) vs Unpredictable Umbreons (2)
Blazing Infernapes (1)
vs Twinleaf Thunder (4)
Viridian Vikings (6) vs
Dewford Dogs (3)

So Pacifidlog Typhloons go through to the finals with 5 wins from 5!

Blazing Infernapes and Twinleaf Thunder both ended up on 3 points, but Blazing Infernapes had 1 more individual win (23 vs 22) to win the tie-break to go through to the finals.

Finals will start at 08:00 AM EDT (just over an hour as of posting)

Still not sure why I didn't get an act win after my opp missed the scheduled time he picked. Guess the strict deadline times only apply to me

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Still not sure why I didn't get an act win after my opp missed the scheduled time he picked.

The 12th and the 13th is Saturday and Sunday respectively. I was on both days and I asked you if you wanted to play during THOSE days and you said SURE! You showed up to neither AND I asked when you would be on. Don't go trying to diss if you can't even get your facts straight...

You realize my opp this week got a dead game despite missing the time he picked, which gave his team a spot in playoff. I'm complaining because when I did the same I got an act loss.

The only reason your name was even brought up was because I missed the times we agreed to play on.

Good uniformed call out post tho. You sure showed me with that public vm everyone has access to of myself admitting I was busy and that it was my fault. Not only that, but earlier in this page I said the same thing.

At least your Microsoft paint skills are ok

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I feel like I played more than some of the people in this tournament.

FREE HIKALI

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You realize my opp this week got a dead game despite missing the time he picked, which gave his team a spot in playoff. I'm complaining because when I did the same I got an act loss.

The only reason your name was even brought up was because I missed the times we agreed to play on.

Good uniformed call out post tho. You sure showed me with that public vm everyone has access to of myself admitting I was busy and that it was my fault. Not only that, but earlier in this page I said the same thing.

At least your Microsoft paint skills are ok
Maybe because you johned me for a full week afterwards, because you wanted to get the acitivity win?

Should have been activity obviously if there wasn't an extension, but there was one =d

Lutra

For galbia vs Mambo, although Mambo was the only one to inform me of any contact, no clear case for an activity win was made.

For giara vs Omfuga, I felt the main theme was a lack of a cooperation to get the battle done.

For During Summer vs Smurf., there was no clarification of time(zone) in Week 5 and little cooperation in week 6.

Unfortunately for Thunder with Sapientia vs Hikari, although as Sapientia pointed out, it was an activity win by the deadline for Hikari in Week 5, the deadline was extended into Week 6, to allow Infernapes and Thunder to reach a fairer conclusion. That didn't happen and Hikari didn't wish to play in Week 6, possibly protecting a due activity win and therefore effective team lead.

Infernapes were possibly protecting their own lead too, but I could not see anything clear enough in the individual match decisions to determine necessary activity wins for Thunder over the period of weeks 5&6, even taking into account that Week 5 is weighted more strongly.

So well it may be the case Thunder did rank 2nd had the qualifying stages ended in week 5, I do not regret the possibililty of the teams being swapped due to the extension, because I was hopeful more matches would actually get played (4 others did). With the teams being so close in individual wins, the lead can easily swing to one team or the other by the decisions I make regarding activity and commitment. I didn't feel in this scenario that there was a way to satisfy all parties. I decided to end at week 6, however harsh the conclusion was for 2nd place, to not keep the finals and Pacifidlog Typhloons waiting too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)