FU Metagame Discussion Thread (Heat Rock has been banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lol I forgot. So what could be considered broken in this meta? If there's nothing I'll come back next tier shift.
As of now, nothing. With Heat Rock banned, the only thing that's being watched closely is Damp Rock, but even that is not even being considered suspect worthy at the moment. All the new drops are fine, Buck being the only one that is making a heavy impact on the tier but it's far from broken, while Gigalith has been around multiple times before. The meta is very balanced at the moment.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay I'm done leading this dead ass metagame that no one cares about and will never get any sort of ladder or recognition in the near future. If someone wants to take over FU for me if they really want to they can but I really don't give a fuck at this point I've lost all interest in it. I've spent too much time trying to keep it alive.

Mambo I don't know if you want to take full control of FU or if you don't give a shit either.

I love this meta, but without a ladder its just pretty hard to fight... :s

However I think that in a few days we might again have a little bit more activity since the tier shift can make the meta different! :3

I have played a few games with skank where he or she (since I dunno if it is male or female) beat me like a piñata but besides skank and a few others, its really hard to find FU people... :s

Have you tried again to get the ladder? I know its really really hard, but PU have been getting some recognition and FU might got a little bit as well... U_U

Finally... I would love to help you Mambo! Not as a Leader (I do not deserve such an honor yet) but I dunno... As whatever you see fit...

See ya! :3

Yeah, the meta has felt a little lost since the move from OMs imo- there we had a hope for OMotM periodically, whereas now we just have the potential for a permanent ladder lurking in the distance if PU ever becomes official. It's disheartening to see it pretty much dead, especially since I think this is one of the better metas out there.

But still, hope for the future at least! Maybe with Z PU will get official status and we can have our time in the limelight. In the meantime, as Renny said I'm on the PU chat often and always up for a game (as ayo sb, and a male btw :p), and I'm sure Mambo can find a way to kick-start some activity into the tier. We also have shifts coming soon, which should be interesting since some good mons are expected to leave.

Well I was thinking about a "FU World Cup"...

Each one of the players will represent a country and battle in a kinda similar format to the Footbal World Cup (Soccer). The Players will be separated into groups for a All Vs All with three matches and taking each win as a point (also taking the number of remaining pokés as a Goal Score, just in case we need it). After that, we could make a Secong Group Stage and then start with Knockout rounds or we can just make Knockouts start from second round...

That Tour will be a little bit longer than the usual one, but it will help us to:
1.- Get a lot more matches to better define the meta.
2.- Make people who lose 2-1 not be automatically knocked out by giving it some points.
3.- Meet a lot more players and styles in a Tour.

I know that my english isn't as godd as it should be to explain such idea but... I hope you can understand what I meant xD

I also have different options on this format without caring that much about the number of players, so as long as we have at least 4 players, this can be made :3

Whaddaya think? :3

P.D.: I would love to represent my country... Venezuela! :3 Can I?

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We don't have anywhere near enough players to host a WCOP-style tournament, especially for a metagame as small as FU is currently. You guys are welcome to run this tour outside of Smogon or w/e but I'm not going to approve this tour right now. I've got some cool ideas for the future of this metagame but I'm currently swamped af with school + other Smogon-related shit rn so I'll probably make my "big post" in a couple weeks. Til then, SIMICYOOK

This was (kinda) said in the announcement thread but PU being official means nothing for FU, it will be completely up to the community and whether or not you guys can get FU to be active enough. That said, I would wait until Mambo does his announcement thing before trying to start anything too major, as it would be a lot harder to get anything big to happen before that.

Also if you guys want to host a tournament in the subforum it is completely fine as long as you use a definite tier list for them and it is run smoothly by someone competent.

and yeah to reiterate PU being official doesnt mean anything for FU at the moment so yeah

Well... I'm right now Teambuilding as it's doing Skank... maybe tomorrow you could find a few fights, especially when we consider that PU Room on PS now have more users than ever...

Ok ok fine. But for real how in the hell did nothing from PU drop. Before you know it they're gonna be taking wormadam-trash from FU and all that's left is Unown.

Speaking of Wormadam-Trash, can I just say I love that thing in FU.

I'm surprised FU kept Linoone and Metang for so long anyways.

Well it was kinda expected IMO... When PU lost Poliwrath, the water types started to gain popularity to replace it or just because some of them lost their biggest check...

Then, losing Piloswine opened a different world of opportunities for replacements like Stunfisk, Gabite and Solrock...

The positive thing is that we still have some of the most typical mons in the tier om Simisage, Simisear amd Electabuzz... We just need to adapt the meta again! :3

Right now, there's not enough players to get a non-official ladder. If we can build up our player base then we'll have a chance- I wouldn't expect it any time soon, so we should just look towards creating an active meta in the meantime.

Sad to see Gary step down and sad to see this metagame not played cuz its really fun. I would do anything i could to help but i dont know much to do. :/

Well I guess the first step should be getting some players... at least 30 or 40 on a regular basis should be nice to start... I Would like to start a tourney, because I feel like that's the way to get some players, but since I'm not "influencial" enough, I guess we have to wait until Mambo start it... or maybe Skank :p

See ya!

Well I guess the first step should be getting some players... at least 30 or 40 on a regular basis should be nice to start... I Would like to start a tourney, because I feel like that's the way to get some players, but since I'm not "influencial" enough, I guess we have to wait until Mambo start it... or maybe Skank :p

See ya!
I know that feel bro. I'd help but I can't do shit in my current position.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

See ya!
I know that feel bro. I'd help but I can't do shit in my current position.
If there is no active leader, take the initiative, get a conversation going. What Pokemon will be popular with the amount of Pokemon the rose to PU? What are possible trends, cool sets, and what may dominate? Every OM starts with a small playerbase, you have to build it up. Ask for FU battles in the PU chat more often (that's why FU was moved there); save replays too. Make sample teams to ease people into the tier. Maximize the resources you have, keep them as active as you can (a dialogue between 2 people is better than nothing). Make friends with PU staff, they were the ones who accepted FU into the subforum, and they can provide the metagame with a bit of extra support (within reason). Don't worry about position, you may not run FU but you can work on its behalf. It helps if you guys stop with the one-liners too btw!

EDIT- No one said it would be easy. It took a lot of time and effort to get PU to this point, and there are still goals that PU has for this gen and next gen. PU wasn't entitled to anything, it was a lot of dedication to presenting itself as worthy of being official.

Last edited:
If there is no active leader, take the initiative, get a conversation going. What Pokemon will be popular with the amount of Pokemon the rose to PU? What are possible trends, cool sets, and what may dominate? Every OM starts with a small playerbase, you have to build it up. Ask for FU battles in the PU chat more often (that's why FU was moved there); save replays too. Make sample teams to ease people into the tier. Maximize the resources you have, keep them as active as you can (a dialogue between 2 people is better than nothing). Make friends with PU staff, they were the ones who accepted FU into the subforum, and they can provide the metagame with a bit of extra support (within reason). Don't worry about position, you may not run FU but you can work on its behalf. It helps if you guys stop with the one-liners too btw!
Easier said then done but im up to the task. Like you said starts as a small playerbase. i think we as a community have the ability to do such. They said that just because PU became a tier doesnt mean FU is next. But we can change that and do these things to grow it and make like the old PU and maybe at some point the new PU.

Ok so, dead as ever, but I've had a few games trying out new things, and although the new meta is still very hazy, I'll throw a few predictions out there.

Water types- We just lost a tonne of offensive water types, and so I think the remaining ones are going to dramatically rise in viability due to both losing competition, and losing offensive checks. The main one I'm thinking of here is Huntail, who can more comfortably run water/ice/sucker sets that are simultaneously harder to revenge and harder to check. Frogadier now has lost almost all its competition as a special water type, so I expect to see that make a drastic rise too.
In terms of defensive water types, well, Wartortle is really the only decent one left, but I think the increase in viability for this is mainly due to us losing our 3 best defoggers, leaving decent hazard removal high in demand. I've been experimenting with Bibarel as an alternate rock setter now we don't have Relicanth, and it isn't doing too bad. Doesn't have anywhere near the defensive utility or offensive presence, but taunt and its dual-STAB are pretty nice.

Hippotatas- Spdef hippo is a really nice rock setter now, beats Lairon/Gigalith and toxics anything that resists earthquake. Buzz counters are always good.

Simisear- I honestly think this thing should have been S+ for a long while now, but with the departure of a lot of offensive and defensive mons that can stomach a life orb fire blast, it's definitely on the same level as Sage and Buzz.

That's all I can think of for now and it's still very wooly, but I'm still looking for games in the PU room and teambuilding to get a better idea of the new meta :)

(stall still works really well btw, despite vibrava's exit)

Can we unban heat rock: We lost sawsbuck so sun is no longer too much problem and other chlorophyl users(weepinbell,ivysaur,belossom)aren t really broken and some of them realy frail and all of them aren t fast as sawsbuck in the sun actually.

My Fu thoughts:I think we must firstly update threat list for FU because ı think this would be really helpful for new players.
Threat list would be like this http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ms-threat-list-and-more.3548945/#post-6412094(actually this is ag threat list but we can make a similiar threat list for FU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)