Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

edit: Why do so many players get the misconception that the vast majority of smogon players love using stall when its usage is usually frowned upon, and we are testing mega sab, the epitome of stall in ORAS?
Same reason why Scald has a 99.9% burn rate when used on them: no one remembers the millions of offensive teams, but they'll remember the 30 minutes spent dealing with a stall team

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't really like comparing Xatu and Espeon personally because Xatu fits on balance due to its greater utility (T-Wave+Roost+U-turn+Psy/Night Shade) while Espeon fits on offense due to its better offensive presence (Psychic+HP Fight+Signal Beam/Baton Pass+CM/Baton Pass). Wherever they sit in terms of future position in the VR thread should come down to the position of the other if Sablenite gets banned imo, but that is a topic for after the suspect test.

But yea in terms of Magic Bounce users without Sab the ability will mostly grind to a halt in terms of dedicated usage. I'd say look at the build of your team before deciding on which Magic Bounce user to use.

K another question, is Jolly a must on AgiliGross?

Even with Adamant it still outspeeds Jolly Driller under sand at +2, and it gains some extra power.

K another question, is Jolly a must on AgiliGross?

Even with Adamant it still outspeeds Jolly Driller under sand at +2, and it gains some extra power.
If you don't run Jolly you run: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe with an Adamant Nature. Jolly is usually ran but that's fine too.

p2

Banned deucer.
yes

also @ the jolly metagross thing: Jolly works if you dont want to get outsped by stuff like Keldeo before you use agility, which can make a big difference given scalds bullshit habits.

No, but the reset had happened after the suspect test had already started and only like 2-3 days after at that
To qoute the message in the news feed on PS:

Ladder optimization
The ladder has been rewritten, and should be much, much faster now.

Sadly, this means the ladder's been reset again. I was going to convert the old database over, but no one could log in during the conversion (which could have taken days), so this was the only way to do it. Sorry.

Uh... look, a distraction! We've redesigned the Hangman system and I think it looks nicer this way. :)
Edit:
The suspect started yesterday. It's not like you already won 24 matches in a row
I'm quite sure several people had already played around 40-50 games when the ladder got reset.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could I clarify something real quick:

In the suspect vote, which of the following are going to be the options?
  • Sablenite, Shadow Tag
  • Sablenite, Gothitelle+Gothorita, Shadow Tag
I know that Tag as a whole is kinda a grey area due to the situation with Wobbuffet, which is why I want some clarification on this.

Could I clarify something real quick:

In the suspect vote, which of the following are going to be the options?
  • Sablenite, Shadow Tag
  • Sablenite, Gothitelle+Gothorita, Shadow Tag
I know that Tag as a whole is kinda a grey area due to the situation with Wobbuffet, which is why I want some clarification on this.
Wobb is going to jail with his sister Goth, AM clarified it in one of the pages of the thread.

With all the suspect tests regarding Mega Evos, why hasn't there been a blanket ban on the whole mechanic? It's basically a requirement to play with a mega evolving pokemon nowadays. Doesn't that count as a centralizing mechanic?

With all the suspect tests regarding Mega Evos, why hasn't there been a blanket ban on the whole mechanic? It's basically a requirement to play with a mega evolving pokemon nowadays. Doesn't that count as a centralizing mechanic?
Only 5 megas were banned.

Only in the same way switching or attacking are centralising. It's just a battle mechanic, there's nothing inherently centralising about it. The individual megas themselves can be, but often aren't.

Only in the same way switching or attacking are centralising. It's just a battle mechanic, there's nothing inherently centralising about it. The individual megas themselves can be, but often aren't.
Thing is, you can stop attacking and switching, or at the very least disparage it. With mega evolution, there's no way to prevent it, and more importantly, no real downside for doing so, other than the fact you're only allowed one per team.

Thing is, you can stop attacking and switching, or at the very least disparage it. With mega evolution, there's no way to prevent it, and more importantly, no real downside for doing so, other than the fact you're only allowed one per team.
You can't stop attcking, you'll struggle if you run out of PP

^you can stop an attack's effect, though.

Anyway this is broadly true, but for it to matter, you'd have to prove that the act of mega evolving itself is overpowered. Officially, when you're in dire straits and your opponent brings out a Charizard, your next thought shouldn't be "oh no! He's gonna Mega Evolve!", but rather "oh no! He's going to sweep with Mega Charizard X!" The actual forme change is irrelevant, it's the form itself (and any pre-evolution qualities the player can leverage) that cause trouble.

Anyway it'd be really really really hard to prove that MAudino, MAmpharos, MCamerupt and co are even remotely broken.

That's blocking an attack, not stop attacking.

About Megas, you cant remove a battle mechanic, is one essential part in the catridge and showdown uses all catridge mechanics bar sleep clause.
And that disproves my point how? You're still preventing the attack from going off. You can't do that with mega evolutions. And quite clearly they can ban mega evos, as you've already pointed out in your first reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)