Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Why isn't Sardinia used more often? If you can set it against the right team it seems pretty op
I'm assuming you mean Shedinja. Sheddy actually is seeing usage on stall, with the most successful incarnation using it alongside Mega Sableye and Dugtrio. Duggy can remove Pursuit trappers (Tyranitar in particular, who is an issue because Pursuit and sand), while Sableye helps keep hazards off the field. (That's oversimplifying things a bit, but it's the general idea.)

You've touched on what's kept it out of the tier until recently--it's very matchup-based, and without the proper support (which is a lot), you're basically playing a 5v6.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The only reason to run timid is to tie with manaphy and nail it with thunder/bolt strike. Otherwise ur better off going modest.

The only reason to run timid is to tie with manaphy and nail it with thunder/bolt strike. Otherwise ur better off going modest.
And even then most Manaphy don't even run max speed (though it is one of the most common individual spreads). Most run HP investment, for which a Modest nature is quite helpful.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And even then most Manaphy don't even run max speed (though it is one of the most common individual spreads). Most run HP investment, for which a Modest nature is quite helpful.
I'm pretty sure that most run at least enough to outpace neutral 100s (176 timid i think - correct me if wrong), so that wouldn't really apply there, but yea it is handy for modest vars.

Reactions: Kav
How do you go from the playing on the ladder mindset to getting ready for a big tour. I'm worried I'll play subpar and not get very far. Btw this is not a room tour lol

Would LO Mamoswine be a decent setter or is the AoA what you should always run?
Mamoswine is a perfectly good setter simply because there are so many things it is able to force out, meaning many opportunities to set up rocks without taking damage. Just have a bulky water + burn switch-in.

Timid or Modest Jolteon? Timid seems a bit redundant due to its already blazing speed, but it may help still.
Jolteon is bad at OU, if you want a fast electric use M-Mane.

About your question, timid is a MUST, because its too frail and cant afford take a hit, it also makes use of its speed.

Edit: Double ninja'd lol

Would LO Mamoswine be a decent setter or is the AoA what you should always run?
Mamoswine is a solid rock setter but I would use Sash since it can get OHKOed by things like Starmie and Keldeo

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mamoswine: 429-507 (118.8 - 140.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mamoswine: 590-696 (163.4 - 192.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You can definitely use him for rocks but youd still want to keep life orb to deny defensive lando from doing anything.

Losing to keld or starmie isnt really a big deal because you really should have a water switchin regardless. If youre gonna play mamo like a suicide lead then there are way better options.

I plan on making a rain team, but I don't want the opponent capitalizing off of it to use thunder. In a double battle in which one pokemon has lightning rod and one has thunder but there both on the same team, does lightning rod block your own thunder or just the opponents?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)