Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Can anyone make some sense out of this Japanese page? Apparently it allows you to RNG a WISHMKR Jirachi from the Colosseum Bonus Disc. I can understand a little of it via Google Translate, but I still don't get how to do it. If anyone knows, please reply or PM me.

For starters, does anyone have a list of all the Jirachi spreads possible (or how I can generate my own)? I know that there are a limited amount of them - 65536 IIRC, and I believe there's an Excel spreadsheet out there somewhere with all of them on it...

EDIT: Found what I'm looking for here. Reddit has a post on using the rschecksum program (downloadable on the root page of the Japanese site I linked to) to RNG the Jirachi, along with lists of all spreads, shiny spreads, and competitive spreads.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going to try for the WISHMKR Jirachi, following the guide on Reddit. I'm confused by the preliminary step 4 (the first numeral 4 listed) though. When it says to pick a TID/SID combo and stick with it, does that mean I'm just supposed to decide on a random TID/SID combo to hit before I do anything further? I don't understand the rest of step 4 either. I do get that those parameters mentioned are options in the rschecksum program, but what am I doing in that program at this point? What are the "F boxes" that I am supposed to leave at 0? There are 2 boxes with the letter F next to them, and the one on the right cannot be 0. As for the seed that I am supposed to get within 60 of, does that mean I'm supposed to get the number at the bottom of rschecksum within 60 of the seed that Pandora's Box gave me for my TID/SID combo?

Okay, I'm going to try for the WISHMKR Jirachi, following the guide on Reddit. I'm confused by the preliminary step 4 (the first numeral 4 listed) though. When it says to pick a TID/SID combo and stick with it, does that mean I'm just supposed to decide on a random TID/SID combo to hit before I do anything further? I don't understand the rest of step 4 either. I do get that those parameters mentioned are options in the rschecksum program, but what am I doing in that program at this point? What are the "F boxes" that I am supposed to leave at 0? There are 2 boxes with the letter F next to them, and the one on the right cannot be 0. As for the seed that I am supposed to get within 60 of, does that mean I'm supposed to get the number at the bottom of rschecksum within 60 of the seed that Pandora's Box gave me for my TID/SID combo?
Hey have you had any success with RNG'ing rachi? I have retail (not emulator) and was thinking of doing it - what did you use?

Hey have you had any success with RNG'ing rachi? I have retail (not emulator) and was thinking of doing it - what did you use?
I haven't tried it yet. If I understand correctly, you have to RNG your TID/SID, encounter certain Pokemon and not others, and hit the right frame when you save (or else start over with RNGing your TID/SID). It just seems like it takes way too much luck and would require a substantial amount of time-consuming attempts to pull off.

Hey guys! I need help!

I tried to abuse SID / TID on my HeartGold! I hit my frame (10700) but with another "Seconds".

In that case I hit 6 seconds instead of 0. Also that wasnt my TID.

Help?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hey guys! I need help!

I tried to abuse SID / TID on my HeartGold! I hit my frame (10700) but with another "Seconds".

In that case I hit 6 seconds instead of 0. Also that wasnt my TID.

Help?
If you hit the wrong seconds, you'll need to adjust your timer. In this case you would need to subtract 6 seconds from your first timer. Depending on the delay you hit, you may need to alter your second time as well (which may actually change how much you need to adjust your first timer). Basically, you'll need to see what you actually got for the delay/seconds, and adjust your timer accordingly.

If you're still having trouble, you can post the specifics of what you're after/what you got (i.e. seed, desired TID/time/date/delay, actual TID/time/date/delay etc) and we can help out further. :)

If you hit the wrong seconds, you'll need to adjust your timer. In this case you would need to subtract 6 seconds from your first timer. Depending on the delay you hit, you may need to alter your second time as well (which may actually change how much you need to adjust your first timer). Basically, you'll need to see what you actually got for the delay/seconds, and adjust your timer accordingly.

If you're still having trouble, you can post the specifics of what you're after/what you got (i.e. seed, desired TID/time/date/delay, actual TID/time/date/delay etc) and we can help out further. :)

THAT was quick! Thank you! I changed my TID/SID preferences, that are the targets, which im aiming:
TID: 07568 - SID 07433

seed:
ED1519D2

time:
04/30/2015 - 21:58:59 Delay 6595

On my Eon Timer 1.6:

Tab -4-

Calibrated Delay - -643
Calibrated Sec - 14
Target Delay 6595
Target Sec 59

Anything wrong there? D: Also, many people said that I have to softreset heartgold when the first timer ran down to 0.00 and other people say that I have to do it from the home menu of the DS....?

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
haha np. Thanks for the info.

Those calibrated values should be fine, assuming that's what you got while you calibrated. Even if they're not, they'll change when you update the timer anyway so it almost doesn't matter. The only thing that stands out is that the guide recommends you put in 3 seconds less than the time shown in the Seed to Time Window. So rather than a target second of 59, you'd put your target seconds as 56 here. That ought to at least get you closer to what you want.

haha np. Thanks for the info.

Those calibrated values should be fine, assuming that's what you got while you calibrated. Even if they're not, they'll change when you update the timer anyway so it almost doesn't matter. The only thing that stands out is that the guide recommends you put in 3 seconds less than the time shown in the Seed to Time Window. So rather than a target second of 59, you'd put your target seconds as 56 here. That ought to at least get you closer to what you want.

Okay then there is my last question, which I edited in recently:
Also, many people said that I have to softreset heartgold when the first timer ran down to 0.00 and other people say that I have to do it from the home menu of the DS....?

Whats the correct option?

Also the first time doesnt even count to my appreciated 59 seconds. Only counts to 30:84 seconds? Is that right?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Okay then there is my last question, which I edited in recently:
Also, many people said that I have to softreset heartgold when the first timer ran down to 0.00 and other people say that I have to do it from the home menu of the DS....?

Whats the correct option?

Also the first time doesnt even count to my appreciated 59 seconds. Only counts to 30:84 seconds? Is that right?
Either option works. Depending on which DS model you use, it might be better to SR (i.e. on the DSi or 3DS) or it might not really matter at all (like for the original DS or DS Lite). Personally, I use and recommend the SR method. That way it works no matter what DS you use. (Some people also find they get more-consistent results with SRing).

You have to take into account the second timer as well when you add up the time. Technically, only the second timer affects what delay you hit, but both timers influence the time. The 59 is the time you want to push A to continue the game.

Either option works. Depending on which DS model you use, it might be better to SR (i.e. on the DSi or 3DS) or it might not really matter at all (like for the original DS or DS Lite). Personally, I use and recommend the SR method. That way it works no matter what DS you use. (Some people also find they get more-consistent results with SRing).

You have to take into account the second timer as well when you add up the time. Technically, only the second timer affects what delay you hit, but both timers influence the time. The 59 is the time you want to push A to continue the game.

And the game needs 3 more seconds after hitting A?

That means I was actually hitting at 62 seconds?

Thanks for your help so far! Hope Ill get it. Otherwise.......Ill get back here. c:

May I add you on Skype for easier answering? D: You dont need to, but would be easier in general....

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
And the game needs 3 more seconds after hitting A?

That means I was actually hitting at 62 seconds?

Thanks for your help so far! Hope Ill get it. Otherwise.......Ill get back here. c:

May I add you on Skype for easier answering? D: You dont need to, but would be easier in general....
If you were getting 6 seconds from your target time here, then you'd want to aim for 53 seconds. Technically no, it doesn't take 3 more seconds, but that's the results you're getting so you'll just need to adjust a little bit :)

haha You're welcome; I'm sure you'll get it ^_^ Good luck!

I would say yes, but I'm not on Skype :P If you wanted to message me directly, PM/VM would work the best. Posting here works too since others may be able to answer before me.

I'm doing emulator RNG abuse in HG to get Raikou, my question is I need to hit my seed when I'm about to release the roamers? I've just read the guide until the part where I generate my seed so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'm doing emulator RNG abuse in HG to get Raikou, my question is I need to hit my seed when I'm about to release the roamers? I've just read the guide until the part where I generate my seed so sorry if this is a dumb question.
That's an option: you can definitely hit your seed and do the advancements at this point. Alternatively, you can proceed as normal, knock Raikou out, and advance to the Elite Four to abuse it before the battle with Lance.

And that's a perfectly legitimate question, it isn't dumb at all.

Last edited:
So I just reach this part and now I'm lost, the guide tells me to use Eon Timer but I'm using an emulator and I read that I don't need Eon Timer, what do I need to do now?

no you still need a timer for emu, it makes it a bit easier, especially at first.. u just dont need it for standard abuse in gen5

right click and hit generate more times

does anyone have the encounter slots for Iron Island (surf)? This is for Platinum btw. I found online encounter slots but they don't have those. Help please, I'm pretty sure the OG encounter slots had those because I've RNGed a Gyarados from the Iron Island water before.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
does anyone have the encounter slots for Iron Island (surf)? This is for Platinum btw. I found online encounter slots but they don't have those. Help please, I'm pretty sure the OG encounter slots had those because I've RNGed a Gyarados from the Iron Island water before.
Just to add on to what astronaut said/asked, make sure you also click the "Water" tab at the bottom of the table to get the surfing encounter slots.

upload_2015-12-16_23-11-55.png

How do I determine the Session RNG Seed?

I'm trying to use this calculator (http://shaym.in/apps/iv_checker) I found to determine my SID. It's giving me more than one answer, which means I need more information, and one of the field I'm missing is the Seed.

I am not trying to abuse the seed or get perfect Pokémon or any of that stuff; I just want my seed.

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to determine a Pokémon's EVs, that will add more info to the calculator.

Further alternatively, if anyone knows how to determine a Pokémon's PID, that is the most help anyone could give! I was using another Smogon guide for SID, but the link for PID (X-Act IV to PID applet) doesn't work, and this other calculator was the closest thing I could find. With the PID, I can get one correct answer with the SID guide.

The ultimate goal is to have both IDs and use this calculator http://www.thepikaclub.co.uk/tools/Munchlax/munchlax.php?tid=41345&tid= to find my Munchlax trees so I don't have to waste time and money slathering all 21 trees every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)