Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
So, I am trying to RNG a Tauros on FRLG (on an emulator). I have two questions :

1. Is RNGing in the Safari Zone any different to wild Pokemon in other places?
2. In the RNG guide it says that Pokemon can be generated by Method H-1, H-2, or H-4. So for example, if I find a frame that has a spread I like (for Method H-1), and I hit it and find out the Pokemon is actually generated by Method H-2, what can I do? If I revert the save state, will it still be Method H-2? If I reset the game and try again, will it also be Method H-2? Does this mean that every time I hit that frame, I will always find a Method H-2 generated Pokemon, and will have to find a different spread?

Thanks in advance!

Can someone clarify for me whether, when doing 4rth gen rng for a wild poke with a starting frame of 2 and a target frame of 13, I advance the frame 11 times or 10 times? Thanks!

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can someone clarify for me whether, when doing 4rth gen rng for a wild poke with a starting frame of 2 and a target frame of 13, I advance the frame 11 times or 10 times? Thanks!
If your starting frame is 2, then if you were to capture a Pokémon without doing any advances, you would get the Pokémon from frame 2.
So if you do 1 advance, you would get the Pokémon from frame 3, etc.
Continuing this logic, you'd want to do (13 - 2 =) 11 advances.

If an Everstone works similarly to Synchronize, can I use an Everstone in Emerald to make the same shiny egg PID appear on multiple frames, making it much easier to hit?

EDIT: After playing around in RNG Reporter a bit, the answer appears to be no.

Last edited:
I'm trying my hands at Poke Radar RNG. Is it true that if I want a Poke Radar exclusive Pokemon shiny, the PID I want to be shiny has to have an encounter slot of 6 or 7? Because if it is, I need to restart all over again... =(

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I'm trying my hands at Poke Radar RNG. Is it true that if I want a Poke Radar exclusive Pokemon shiny, the PID I want to be shiny has to have an encounter slot of 6 or 7? Because if it is, I need to restart all over again... =(
Poke Radar Pokemon occur on slots 6, 7, 10, and 11. So although some might only be on 6/7, not all.

edit: good point Dark Ray, thanks

Last edited:
Start a chain with the Pokemon you want and RNG the second encounter, chains don't care 'bout no dumb encounter slots.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
could someone here please tell me what the seed initialization algorithm in platinum is please?
From https://hahafail.wordpress.com/pokemon-method-rng-abuse/
Code:
Year (4 Digits, 2000-2099)
Month (1-12)
Day (1-31)
Hour (0-23)
Minute (0-59)
Seconds (0-59)
Delay = Seconds between game start and hitting A on the continue screen * 60

* = Multiply
% = Mod (divide and take remainder of)
0x = Numbers prefixed with this are Hexadecimal

(((Month * Day + Minute + Second) % 0x100) * 0x1000000) + (Hour * 0x10000) + (Year-2000 + Delay)

Start a chain with the Pokemon you want and RNG the second encounter, chains don't care 'bout no dumb encounter slots.
Hm, after a bit of fiddling with RNGReporter, I found some stuff that should work. However, I've hit my seed two times right now and the PokeRadar grasses were different. I realised that one of the NPC's in the area likes to move and can't be battled. Does that mean I need to hope that one of the grasses is the Pokeradar exclusive (Tyrogue in my case), catch it, then immediately pause the game and then use it to find my current frame and then advance until I get to my shiny frame?

Or should I RNG it on Diamond/Pearl since there's also Route 208 for Tyrogue there (no idea if there are any NPCs that can't be frozen...)?

Hm, after a bit of fiddling with RNGReporter, I found some stuff that should work. However, I've hit my seed two times right now and the PokeRadar grasses were different. I realised that one of the NPC's in the area likes to move and can't be battled. Does that mean I need to hope that one of the grasses is the Pokeradar exclusive (Tyrogue in my case), catch it, then immediately pause the game and then use it to find my current frame and then advance until I get to my shiny frame?

Or should I RNG it on Diamond/Pearl since there's also Route 208 for Tyrogue there (no idea if there are any NPCs that can't be frozen...)?
You'll need to use chatot pitch or you'll be doing a lot of trial and error. I'm a bit rusty but it should be: activate radar > walk to special patch > figure out frame and advance until the encounter should be a tyrogue > catch/kill (preferably catch to double check your frame) > walk to furthest special patch > figure out frame and advance until target > step in patch and hope the game didn't decide to break your chain for no reason.
The on-site guide has a section for pokeradar shinies that should help, the only real difference is you don't need to worry about forcing a shiny patch to appear.

Which spread is this anyways?

I have an issue regarding FR/LG RNG Manipulation.
I'm using an emulator so I can get my seed directly from the memory viewer, but after I catch a pokemon to see at what frame I found it, it's not anywhere in the RNG reporter. I used A-Save to check its IVs and Nature, input the seed in the Seed box (for example 3D9), but based on the IVs and nature I can't find the pokemon I just caught in any of the H methods (1,2 or 4). The pokemon I catch is usually a geodude in granite cave from a general random encounter. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I'm on Windows using RNG Reporter 9.96.6 BETA. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Does anyone know what method in-game traded Pokemon are generated by? Or do they come with a preset PID? Can be shiny?

Thanks in advance!

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I have an issue regarding FR/LG RNG Manipulation.
I'm using an emulator so I can get my seed directly from the memory viewer, but after I catch a pokemon to see at what frame I found it, it's not anywhere in the RNG reporter. I used A-Save to check its IVs and Nature, input the seed in the Seed box (for example 3D9), but based on the IVs and nature I can't find the pokemon I just caught in any of the H methods (1,2 or 4). The pokemon I catch is usually a geodude in granite cave from a general random encounter. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I'm on Windows using RNG Reporter 9.96.6 BETA. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Like astronaut said, a lua script is the best way (the way I do it anyway). It helps to consolidate everything in one place. Could you possibly take a screenshot of your setup just after you have caught the Geodude? :)

does one need to rng an id/sid to make chained shiny theoretic manipulation possible (not nature as i know that's based on id/sid), or since you're mainly manipulating the IVs you dont need to? (like a normal gen4 iv only rng)

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
does one need to rng an id/sid to make chained shiny theoretic manipulation possible (not nature as i know that's based on id/sid), or since you're mainly manipulating the IVs you dont need to? (like a normal gen4 iv only rng)
If all you care about are IVs, then probably not (although depending on what you can find ID abuse could make it easier). And even if you do care about nature, you could still probably find something that would work. I'd run a search on your current/prospective IDs and see what comes up; that way you know for sure :)

If all you care about are IVs, then probably not (although depending on what you can find ID abuse could make it easier). And even if you do care about nature, you could still probably find something that would work. I'd run a search on your current/prospective IDs and see what comes up; that way you know for sure :)
my thought was that with CTS, as chaining increases the chances of shinies, would tell you a frame with the desired IVs that landed on a non-rnged shiny frame due thats shiny because of chaining. However, im not sure if this is the case. its not as much about only caring about ivs as it is wondering about the connection between the 2. i dont think its possible to do STC and get a non-shiny result as thats the sole point of chaining but i could be wrong

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
my thought was that with CTS, as chaining increases the chances of shinies, would tell you a frame with the desired IVs that landed on a non-rnged shiny frame due thats shiny because of chaining. However, im not sure if this is the case. its not as much about only caring about ivs as it is wondering about the connection between the 2. i dont think its possible to do STC and get a non-shiny result as thats the sole point of chaining but i could be wrong
Tbh, I'm not sure what effect the chain length has on the PID generation. So I don't know what effect chain length would have if you used the "Chained Shiny" method. If you mean, could you attempt to rng a Pokemon using the "Chained Shiny" method and still get a shiny even if you missed your frame (because you had a really high chain length), then I'd say yes. But because you missed your frame, that shiny most likely would not have the IVs you were after.

Not entirely certain what you're trying to ask, but:
  1. Chaining results in a chance of a shiny patch appearing the next time the Radar is activated.
  2. A shiny patch will always contain a shiny Pokemon.
  3. A Pokemon from a shiny patch will be generated via "Chained Shiny Theoretical", which is essentially Method 1 with PID (and in turn, Nature) modified according to TID/SID.
  4. Any Pokemon from a normal patch, even if it happens to be shiny, is Method J.

Edit: Darkray is a bum. :<

3. A Pokemon from a shiny patch will be generated via "Chained Shiny Theoretical", which is essentially Method 1 with PID (and in turn, Nature) modified according to TID/SID.
I guess what im getting at is that for normal rngs, you must abuse TID/SID for a shiny spread. But, for CST, as youre guaranteed a shiny, you dont need to rng an ID/SID to get a shiny.
So my question is for CST, since PID is set according to the IDs, must one must RNG an ID combo in order to achieve the desired PID

sorry im having a hard time phrasing it haha

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I have been using PPRNG 1.15 to RNG in Generation 5 and it has been working well so far, so I thought I would try in Generation 4. I have RNGed in Gen 4 previously, but that was using RNG Reporter. I think I have the principles figured, and will play around until I get it right but there is one thing I am stuck on.

I am aiming for a flawless IV spread but the nature I want in adamant, which I will need a synchroniser for. When you generate the possible seeds on the right of the results (as per the screen shot below) seem to show which frame to hit for Method J Pokemon, and then also Method J with a Synchroniser that was successful and a synchroniser that wasn't successful.

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 21.41.14.png

In the seed inspector I have found the frames for Method J and Method J Sync Failed (where they are not 'None' on the results) by selecting Stationary as the Frame Type and Adamant as the Synchronise nature but I can't seem to find the frame where the Synchronise was successful - the frame it states on the result is indeed a synchronised frame but the IVs are not flawless (or anywhere near flawless)

Is there anything I am doing wrong or anything I need to take into account when synchronising a nature? Apologies if I'm missing something completely obvious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)