Serious My dream is...

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i have few dreams i want to realize.
ths first one is livin in USA(NY or Miami), because USA is my fav country. When ppl ask me about USA my eyes shine; i consider this country like a paradise. but i know USA has negative aspects too, its obv but i don't mind.
Living in USA could make me safisted of my life. Id like to have a family with an american girl, travelling through the cost-line by a cadillac with my wife and my son(s) close to me.

My dream was being a football pro player; i though to get it, but no. i've got injured and my carrer stopped

Id like to meet famous person like Chris Brown, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kanye West etc

these are my dreams, what about yours??

I have a certain mental health condition that impedes on my ability to function rationally, and it's been getting worse. There's times where I have no understanding of what's real and what's not, and on the other end of the scale I have to struggle filtering thoughts, beliefs, and experiences for validity, which is exhausting. I wish I could overcome this, through advances in treatment (preferably via cognitive behavioral therapy). As it stands, I would have to be on such a high-dose of a certain class of medication, functioning at all would be impossible because I'd be so doped up (as well as the other side effects that are never given enough concern by medical experts).

There was a rather famous individual with a similar range of symptoms who passed recently. His intellectual career was stalled for some thirty years because of his illness, but he was still able to succeed in the end. He is an exception, however, and I fear I won't be.

i have few dreams i want to realize.
ths first one is livin in USA(NY or Miami), because USA is my fav country. When ppl ask me about USA my eyes shine; i consider this country like a paradise. but i know USA has negative aspects too, its obv but i don't mind.
Living in USA could make me safisted of my life. Id like to have a family with an american girl, travelling through the cost-line by a cadillac with my wife and my son(s) close to me.

My dream was being a football pro player; i though to get it, but no. i've got injured and my carrer stopped

Id like to meet famous person like Chris Brown, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kanye West etc

these are my dreams, what about yours??
huh where do you live now? I have strongly mixed feelings about the states- on the one hand it's probably #1 on my list of places to visit whenever I eventually feel like travelling. On the other it's probably the last western nation I'd want to live in- I guess I weigh the negative aspects a lot more

Biggest dream for me is to make a living from making the games I want to make. There's a whole bunch of ideas I've got floating around, ranging from a SRPG similar to Fire Emblem but with a competitive focus (strongly based on my experience with pokemon lol), to a Stanley Parable-esque game revolving around identity, to massive, truly branching story experiences.

Integral to that dream is significant control of the creative direction of projects I work on. That probably means going indie, which is ridiculously fucking tough. Still, I need to complete my study and gain some experience in the industry before I reach that point, so we'll see.

huh where do you live now? I have strongly mixed feelings about the states- on the one hand it's probably #1 on my list of places to visit whenever I eventually feel like travelling. On the other it's probably the last western nation I'd want to live in- I guess I weigh the negative aspects a lot more

Biggest dream for me is to make a living from making the games I want to make. There's a whole bunch of ideas I've got floating around, ranging from a SRPG similar to Fire Emblem but with a competitive focus (strongly based on my experience with pokemon lol), to a Stanley Parable-esque game revolving around identity, to massive, truly branching story experiences.

Integral to that dream is significant control of the creative direction of projects I work on. That probably means going indie, which is ridiculously fucking tough. Still, I need to complete my study and gain some experience in the industry before I reach that point, so we'll see.
When I was otherwise able, I used to develop all kinds of software, useful and useless. Months at a time, my day would essentially be hobbyist coding (with necessary life bits, like cooking/eating/hygiene). Been trying to resume coding, even a little. I'd like to implement an idea I've been kicking around some day much like yours (the bolded-one) about a game-world where individuals actors other than the player operate on a simple, general set of rules, enabling the world to change if the player doesn't act. The vision would have to be very narrow, but it could create an extremely interesting and dynamic world within that vision. Similar to how Conway's "Game of Life" can allow for amazing diverse automata, despite an extremely simple set of rules.

Accessible game development tools have come extremely far. Without knowing what experience you have and other talents, you could reasonably create something approachable without a rigorous background in computer science or software development. Your only obstacle is determination and time. I know I'd like to see a proper, branching game. Much too often, choice is an illusion, and the different endings are not enough. It's very possible!

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

I actually live in italy, been in frankfurt for a while. Now i've got an opportunity to work for walt disney in orlando.
Wow i love when you talk about "is to make the games i want to make", have u already thought what types of games? Would you like to collaborate with nintendo?
Good luck for ur studies anyway

When I was otherwise able, I used to develop all kinds of software, useful and useless. Months at a time, my day would essentially be hobbyist coding (with necessary life bits, like cooking/eating/hygiene). Been trying to resume coding, even a little. I'd like to implement an idea I've been kicking around some day much like yours (the bolded-one) about a game-world where individuals actors other than the player operate on a simple, general set of rules, enabling the world to change if the player doesn't act. The vision would have to be very narrow, but it could create an extremely interesting and dynamic world within that vision. Similar to how Conway's "Game of Life" can allow for amazing diverse automata, despite an extremely simple set of rules.

Accessible game development tools have come extremely far. Without knowing what experience you have and other talents, you could reasonably create something approachable without a rigorous background in computer science or software development. Your only obstacle is determination and time. I know I'd like to see a proper, branching game. Much too often, choice is an illusion, and the different endings are not enough. It's very possible!
Man the idea of having a story that is both good and based on emergent play sounds just sooo good. Like I love the potential for players to create narrative- Eve is an example, Twitch Plays Pokemon is another. The trouble with those is the play experience is so far removed from the narrative surrounding it that you kinda mostly appreciate it as a spectator- certainly TPP was just tedious to sit through. If you could create a truly story-driven experience that is also emergent that would be incredible. Also yeah it's frustrating how games struggle to deviate from the linear story structure even when they try. It's perfectly understandable, given the resources necessary to create a fully branched story, but still

Also in respect to what you originally posted about, nothing to do but keep trying new things. Like I've got a completely different mental health issue, had it for several years and just kept trying different things, seeing different ppl about it. Eventually I got onto a course of meds/therapy that have results best described as adequate. Even getting the right combination of meds took a loooooong time due to some not being effective, others having debilitating side effects. But it's good enough so yeah just keep trying new things.

I actually live in italy, been in frankfurt for a while. Now i've got an opportunity to work for walt disney in orlando.
Wow i love when you talk about "is to make the games i want to make", have u already thought what types of games? Would you like to collaborate with nintendo?
Good luck for ur studies anyway
duuude working for disney sounds crazy cool, what kind of job? As for the games I'd eventually make, still not sure, leaning heavily towards competitive strategy RPGs, but I'd also like to experiment with some interesting story-based stuff. We'll see what I do at the end of my degree lol. As for nintendo, idk, no idea what that would involve, it's not something that was rly on my radar tbh

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
My dream is to set up a recycling company that can actually earn money.
I want to do- good but also be rewarded at the same time.

I have a few dreams:
- To, like mertyville said have a healthy family.
- Be a white collar before I turn 40
- Not lose any family members before my kids are out of school.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I just wanna teach people English and Russian. Doesn't matter who.

The only reason I am getting my English Education BA is because then I can make money doing so.

btw, I only realized that I wanted to do this after doing theatre in High School, wanting to become a lawyer in college, switching to animation as my major because I thought I could draw and I also thought it would be a great way for me to further my talent as a voice actor, until I finally came to the conclusion that teaching was my thing.

Dreams don't have to be just dreams tho, they can become real things ya know. :P

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To be instated as the U.S Secretary of Education. It's a huge feat but seriously the education system in America is absolutely toxic so I want to be in a position where I can actually make progressive change for the betterment. Government (and everyone else) is afraid of political change so my idealistic ways probably wouldn't go far in such a position, but damn I want to die knowing schools aren't bound to shit educational policies that do more bad than good (cough NCLB). i'll see you in congress bitches

My dream is to be a concept artist, and to do what probably pretty much everyone else here wants to do with their life (find a pretty girl to settle down with who has similar interests, have and raise kids, that sort of thing).

Obstacles of which are getting a driver's license (now realizing I should've insisted on that in high school like everybody else), finding a temporary job to raise up the money to pay for classes (which due to not having a driver's license, as well as not being "customer oriented", and hence probably not good at the common customer service or sales representative jobs, limits my options, and has made finding a job difficult), and just keep practicing my drawing skills.

I want to be a criminal defense attorney that works with juveniles. Juvenile delinquents are young, and their brains are still malleable. Proper rehabilitation and assistance can very easily steer them from a criminal life path but unfortunately what should be the norm is becoming more of an irregularity.

I want to be involved with juvenile criminal policy and represent a group that can be very seriously helped. Best way to reduce crime is to tackle the demographic most likely to commit it, and help them before they do. Everyone wins!

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I dream about being a racing driver. I always wondered what it's like to drive when I was young and I wasn't disappointed when I drove for the first time in my life. After getting my car license I started getting into motorsports and anything related to driving cars to their limits in terms of grip and endurance. I mostly like the endurance races. Most of them are a few hours while some others can be as long as 24 hours. I always wish I could race in one of these races one day. I did some endurance racing on driving sims (though not as long as the real thing) and it's amazing experience.

Sadly, the motorsports scene is non-existent in my country besides an F1 Grand Prix held here yearly, so almost no one around here is interested in racing or knows anything about it. Getting into racing isn't so simple and it requires loads of money, so only a few can afford to do it. However, there is one way to race for Nissan for free, which is GT Academy (time trial competition in Gran Turismo, you can look it up for more info). I was all prepared for it this year and ranked 1st in my region (top 500~ worldwide), but sadly my country wasn't included this year so it was pointless. It was included the previous year, in which I lacked the skills for it back then and ranked a lot lower, so I find it odd not to be included this year. I think that might be the only way for me to achieve this dream, so I really hope my country is gonna be included this coming year.

I'd like to win the lottery too. Hell just give me $1mil (after tax), and I'm pretty sure I could make the proper investments and avoid the whole "keeping up with the Johnsons" pitfalls to at least comfortably live out my life and maybe save a bit to help any future offspring inheritance. That aside, like some others I plan to die owing money, as it's not doing you any good on the other side, so may as well enjoy it and donate it while alive.

To be a drummer. It's something I've been doing since I was 4. I look up to the big names such as Neil Peart and Buddy Rich. Drumming has and always will be an important part of my life o:

I've always wanted to be a paleontologist. The ancient world before all of us, the dinosaurs, the ancient mammals, BEFORE the dinosaurs has always fascinated me. I want to find a new species, something crucial. Something that one day just might be that ancient link we've always looked for. Ever since I saw Walking with Dinosaurs, The Land Before Time, etc, I've loved them. It's my dream job to be able to start digging and find something no living thing has seen for millions of years.

I want to be a surgeon. Not sure what specialty yet, but I'm leaning toward orthopedic, oncological, or pediatrics. Several years ago, I was hospitalized for a week due to a ruptured appendix. I guess you could say that ordeal from rushing to ER to recovery sort of became my inspiring, life-changing moment. I'm fascinated with our anatomy and the amazing things our bodies can do. Blood and gore doesn't faze me. I love being in the OR, watching the surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists at work. I admire their stamina and resilience; hours in there can be long and grueling, but the payoff in resolving whatever's ailing the patient is well worth it. I've experienced it from the patient's side, and now I aspire to work from the other side of the knife, so to speak.

Last edited:

Ender

pelagic
is a Contributor Alumnus
I want to be a surgeon. Not sure what specialty yet, but I'm leaning toward orthopedic, oncological, or pediatrics. Several years ago, I was hospitalized for a week due to a ruptured appendix. I guess you could say that ordeal from rushing to ER to recovery sort of became my inspiring, life-changing moment. I'm fascinated with our anatomy and the amazing things our bodies can do. Blood and gore doesn't faze me. I love being in the OR, watching the surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists at work. I admire their stamina and resilience; hours in there can be long and grueling, but the payoff in resolving whatever's ailing the patient is well worth it. I've experienced it from the patient's side, and now I aspire to work from the other side of the knife, so to speak.
It's a difficult lifestyle that isn't for everyone. You are working anywhere from 70-100 hours/week for most of your career. The training is brutal. I highly recommend talking to current surgeons or residents about their career path to see if it's really for you. But if you find it is, then it's a great field to be in.

Also, probably far off in the future for you, but keep in mind that orthopedics, surgical oncology, and pediatric surgery are among the most competitive fields to get into, so definitely work extra hard.

Edit: I just saw that you're a medical student in another post so you probably know this better than I do

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a few dreams in my life now. Although most of the past three years were an unmitigated disaster, where I fell out of touch with friends, quit all attempts at self-improvement and generally isolated myself from people, I've finally accomplished some of my short-term goals and have some real direction in my life for the first time in a long time, thanks to having a fulfilling job and the delicious income from said job.

I guess you can just think of this as my New Years resolution list that I'm airing out to you, but all the same, they're goals I am focussed on accomplishing.

• My new job has gotten me out of the house very frequently and dropped me into new social situations. This has wound up reuniting me with friends I had not seen in years. I plan on seeing them frequently from now on, and have awesome adventures, not just this year, but long-term, too.

• I have been learning Spanish and have a rudimentary grasp on it. I wish to continually improve and become something resembling fluent at it in the future.

• I want to travel and see amazing places around the world. I'm already saving money towards accomplishing this and might even have enough money by year's end to fly off somewhere cold and escape the brutal summer I have been experiencing since birth.

• I wanna lose some weight, dammit! I don't see myself joining a gym, but I plan to alter small parts of my lifestyle until I get the job done and slip back into double digits. After all, I think I could be a solid 9/10 if I got into shape, and who am I to deprive the world of that? I have made decent progress in the past 6 months, and hope to continue.

• I want to work with animals at some point in the next five years. I feel like being an animal trainer or something of that ilk would make for a satisfying career. I have been passionate about animals since early childhood, especially birds. It doesn't seem like easy work to get into, but I can't see myself doing anything else for the rest of my life.

This post got a bit personal, but I think that was the whole point. I think I heard somewhere that you're more likely to accomplish goals if you write them down. Here they are, I guess, for me to read back on should I ever lose my motivation. Thanks for indulging me, Smogon. You've been awful good to me for the past two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)