Serious My dream is...

Honestly? I want to be able to write stories people can enjoy.

I want to make them laugh, cry, feel all those emotions that I rarely feel when I read stories. There's just something off, something missing in most of the stories I've seen that I really want to be able to correct. I don't know what exactly it is, or how exactly I'd go about fixing it, but that's my dream.

So obviously majoring in CS is the best way to go about this, right? :P

I'm pretty relieved that the OP doesn't specify any kinds of restrictions based on realism or anything, haha.

One of my dreams (and I really mean that; it's quite dream-like) is the ability to have a fluent knowledge of all 'living' languages. There's something really tragically beautiful about the fact that even if you become fluent in all extant languages somehow, there's no way you can be 100% sure you know precisely what any other humans means by their words :)

My dream is to play professional basketball but I know that there is no way in hell that that's gonna happen so I'm currently trying to figure out what else to do

My dream is to surpass the limitations that i pose to my self, everything from being unable to talk to particular types of girls to not being able to stop my caffeine addiction and oppressive daydreaming.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't really have a dream personally. I've not really thought that much about my future, which is probably the reason for this, and I don't really know what I want to do tbh. I have a lot of ideas about potential aims in life to pursue, but I've not really got any final, set-in-stone idea in my head:
  • To be an animator
  • To be an SFX or VFX guy in the film industry
  • To teach high school level English and/or physics in Japan so that I can work specifically with people in that age group.
  • To write and help produce an award-winning original serialised cartoon, drama or anime
  • To travel the world to make lots of friends and to learn about different cultures
  • To get a doctorate in physics

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My personal dreams are:
  • being able to afford a nice house / flat / place that I can call "home". You know how the saying goes: A man's home is his castle.
  • learning as many foreign languages as possible. I currently speak and write 4 so far: German, French, English and I am currently also learning Spanish).
  • becoming a professional translator.
  • becoming a hobby writer.
Let's see how many of these I can turn into a reality.

Last edited:

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
My dream is to become a soccer player(the second thing I am good at) but i have no idea where to start,and if i fail then maybe i'll do some nerdy jobs

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-See the domes of St. Basil's Cathedral and Uspenski Cathedral in Helsinki
-Visit at least two of: Berlin, St. Petserburg, Istanbul, Prague
-Visit at least two of: Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Latvia, Estonia, Poland
-Get my new Flying Press article approved

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I thought about my dreams properly for the first time around the time I made my previous post here, and the only one I can think of that I'm entirely set on is to grow up and become a successful parent. Nothing professional or to do with any of my current ways of killing time, but something which, until recently, I'd never imagined myself dreaming of xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)