The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for Denver and Miami, all winners scored over 20 today. I mean, happened in other weeks too I beleive, but the amount of high 30s and the few 40s, damn.

And fuck off on the refs and Seattle, lol. Yeah, the refs were jokes, but that hardly affected the final outcome. Couldn't believe the 30 yard backup for Minnesota though. Phantom grabs. NFL refs should be their own team. They get more yards per game than anyone else in the league.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Except for Denver and Miami, all winners scored over 20 today. I mean, happened in other weeks too I beleive, but the amount of high 30s and the few 40s, damn.

And fuck off on the refs and Seattle, lol. Yeah, the refs were jokes, but that hardly affected the final outcome. Couldn't believe the 30 yard backup for Minnesota though. Phantom grabs. NFL refs should be their own team. They get more yards per game than anyone else in the league.
Except that the refs have already blatantly given Seattle two games and continue to favor them in disgusting light? Yeah, no.

I'm not sure you want Seattle's games called correctly. There would be a flag every 3 plays and the game would last five hours and be an unwatchable mess (same reason I don't think that flags should be reviewable, but that's for a different time).

Also Clipboard Jesus may be playing witch makes me way more exited than it probably should.

Nah, let's talk about reviewing flags. I think we can all agree that making correct calls is good for the game, but naYpalm brings up a point that it would slow the game down even more...

That's the same argument many people had against challenge flags though, and it's accepted now. It's been modified to automatically review scoring plays in the last two minutes of a half, to save time and ensure correct calls are made when we really need them. Obviously you wouldn't want teams to be able to challenge every penalty. Honestly, I think it could be as simple as having an extra ref on each team tasked with reviewing the replay of each flag. Buzz the head ref when he sees an inconsistency. Whether you allow him to watch and make the final call or not, it's whatever. This seems more like something that should be kept in the hands of the refs... don't make the teams correct ref mistakes.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just imagine how ridiculous Pittsburgh's offense would be if they still had Bell, Pouncey and Beachum healthy. Next year....

Nah, let's talk about reviewing flags. I think we can all agree that making correct calls is good for the game, but naYpalm brings up a point that it would slow the game down even more...

That's the same argument many people had against challenge flags though, and it's accepted now. It's been modified to automatically review scoring plays in the last two minutes of a half, to save time and ensure correct calls are made when we really need them. Obviously you wouldn't want teams to be able to challenge every penalty. Honestly, I think it could be as simple as having an extra ref on each team tasked with reviewing the replay of each flag. Buzz the head ref when he sees an inconsistency. Whether you allow him to watch and make the final call or not, it's whatever. This seems more like something that should be kept in the hands of the refs... don't make the teams correct ref mistakes.
That would cost too much extra money. The simple answer is just having them be challengeable, using the limited number of coaches challenges that they already have. 95% of penalties will be unchanged, but the last gamechanging 5% (Phantom PI calls, missed face mask calls, maybe even reversing a holding no-call) can be looked at a second time and reevaluated.

Reviews should take less than 60 seconds anyway by the league's own definition. If it takes more than two views per angle, it is probably not irrefutable evidence. It should not make the games any slower than they are right now (though the NFL doesn't honestly mind, unlike MLB, because we will watch the games and ads regardless).

Man, I had optimism for our 2nd half of the year... Yep it's the same shitty Colts secondary I'm used to seeing. At least our rushing D hasn't been terrible. If Big Ben torches us again, just like he did last season, then there's clearly a problem. Vontae Davis has been one of the more underrated corners in the league but in the case of this game, the entire secondary was horrible. Davis, Lowery, Adams. All of them. In short: Matt HasselGOAT has his first loss of the season.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Perhaps an extra thing would be to review all scoring plays and
Man, I had optimism for our 2nd half of the year... Yep it's the same shitty Colts secondary I'm used to seeing. At least our rushing D hasn't been terrible. If Big Ben torches us again, just like he did last season, then there's clearly a problem. Vontae Davis has been one of the more underrated corners in the league but in the case of this game, the entire secondary was horrible. Davis, Lowery, Adams. All of them. In short: Matt HasselGOAT has his first loss of the season.
To be fair, BB was in the zone last night and dropping dimes even into solid coverage. I didn't see any badly blown coverages or guys getting routinely beat, the Clots just happened to catch a very angry Steelers team coming off a loss they shouldn't have gotten and executing extremely well. Don't be down on your team, they did about as well as they could have in the situation

Perhaps an extra thing would be to review all scoring plays and

To be fair, BB was in the zone last night and dropping dimes even into solid coverage. I didn't see any badly blown coverages or guys getting routinely beat, the Clots just happened to catch a very angry Steelers team coming off a loss they shouldn't have gotten and executing extremely well. Don't be down on your team, they did about as well as they could have in the situation
The secondary couldn't tackle for shit. Even if they didn't blow coverages, they could've stopped a lot of big plays but they didn't because they're horrible at tackling.
naw fuck the Colts.

The refs have been consistent. Consistently bad. IMO, every penalty that awarded a team a first down should be reviewable under the two-minute warning, and penalties should be challenged. That won't make the games really longer, it'll just make it more watchable.

Exactly. Refs are consistently "bad" league wide. Every team gets "screwed" the same. It's silly to argue about refs and imo the refs are never the reason why a team lost(heck i was okay with the fail mary). I do agree that those two coaches challenges should include the ability to challenge any penalty. That would most likely mean that those two challenges get used every game. And like killah said, making games longer is better for the networks because its the only thing people watch on tv anymore and more commercials.

Anyway, I remember back in September y'all jag fans being all cocky about your team. Now look at you guys, out of the playoff race while the giants are still in the mix in week 14. Heh

I don't understand why called penalties aren't already challengable. If there's no hard evidence they won't get overturned, but something like this OPI easily can be. Its not going to make games longer because it's still 2 challenges per game (god forbid they take away a commercial break from somewhere else, but I particularly hate the break after kickoffs when there was already a break right before them). I can see not making some types of non-calls reviewable, because certain penalties happen almost every play if you look hard enough, but being able to challenge the flags thrown should be a nobrainer

I really started to understand football about four years ago. Before that, it was a random game I liked to watch without understanding much.

That said, I can't understand the lack of football IQ I saw in the cowboys today. The last touchdown was so unnecessary. First, it came after a play the guy went out and stopped the clock, helping the Washington team. After that, run the ball, force the use of timeouts and run the frigging clock. Kick the field goal, and they would have less than thirty seconds to get over the field without timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)