League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Some rioter tweeted that it's based on playstyle and not just favorite champ, but both are taken into consideration. Can't link the source because it's saved as a screenshot on my phone and apparently I can't upload.

edit: found it

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Some rioter tweeted that it's based on playstyle and not just favorite champ, but both are taken into consideration. Can't link the source because it's saved as a screenshot on my phone and apparently I can't upload.

edit: found it

I believe it, mine has liek 3 ahri skins. And she's one of 3 mids i play.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
alright fam got a simple question that shouldnt be more than a paragraph of explanation and a sentence at minimum.

As I'm looking to narrow down my pool to a couple of champions max after trying out most champions in the game, I've decided that kennen is probably gonna be a champion that I have as one of my mains because I really enjoy playing him. I'm aware that kennen adc rose up as a decent pick/niche pick near the end of season 5 in the competitive scene and I was wondering if it was still decent in preseason and how to build it if it was. The marksman changes sorta fuzzed up my perspective on some of the standard adc builds, and I had never even heard of kennen adc/how to build it in s5

tl;dr: can i still do kennen adc and how to build if possible?

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I wouldn't recommend it much, ADC Kennen was used competitively mainly due to its ability to engage and disengage fights, not because its a strong adc by itself (more like a supportive one). I personally don't think it would be anywhere near as effective in SoloQ but if you're good enough at Kennen then it should work for you I guess.

As for builds, you probably want to go an on-hit route to maximize kennen's strength, so Runaan is a must. After that I guess Guinsoo's, Botrk, Gunblade, etc are good items.

Didnt find many adc kennen builds, here you have a couple

http://probuilds.net/guide/show/NA/2016797997/65409090
http://probuilds.net/guide/show/KR/2155284647/1870826

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Who's moonrune guy and why does he have Nashor's is an otherwise fully AD build? CDR isn't even particularly useful on Kennen since he's Energy-gated anyway, so it just ends up being a really shitty AS item.

Kennen is a blank slate of generic 550 attack range and high base AS well-suited for stacking AD / AS / Crit items on for maximum sustained damage. I see no reason to get tricky and not simply follow the traditional ADC flowchart: IE/BT into Shiv/RFC/Hurricane and work from there. Rageblade is an interesting option, since he uses the AP so well, but I'd still question its power on a ranged champion (slow stacking passive) and you don't really want to waste time spellcasting for damage to take real advantage of the AP either. Gunblade seems much better suited for AP builds since AD builds will get nearly as much benefit from plain ol' Lifesteal, so you may as well just get BT/BotRK.

I played Kennen only for like a full month and he's my second highest mastery champion so I guess I kinda understand where you're coming from with wanting to play him. However, Kennen ADC is way less fun then playing full AP and is not worth the time invested in learning to play him. It's just a completely different playstyle; basically you are just using your stun for peel and you almost never engage with your ult. If you do you'll just die because you have no Zhonyas, and then your team will lose the fight without their ADC. You can obviously play Kennen, but I think you should try a different champion as an ADC (especially with so many strong ones after the reworks).

If you're set on playing him, the standard build was BoRK -> Runaan -> LW -> more lifesteal/peel items, but you can definitely try Guinsoos somewhere in the build. BoRK probably sucks to rush right now given the price increase but I still see some Twitch and Vayne get away with it so maybe not. The stun actually stacks super quickly once you have your attack speed, but that's after two items at least.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think the only "good" and "decentish" ones I got from Riot were Prehistoric Renekton (good), Academy Ekko (eh), and Prototype Viktor (I didn't have it and I play Viktor anyway so good trade). Bandit Sivir is... uh... and Blood Moon Shen is okay I guess? Queen Ashe at least has decent splash art I guess...

Also Thunderfury is the best Keystone Mastery no questions asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)