Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trying HO I'd say is not my playstyle, neither balance, soo I'll request a Bulky Offense team around this mons.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

So Gyarados is supposed to act as a win condition, Venusaur in particular is a very good teammate for gyarados, as it can deal with most of the stuff that annoys it such as Unaware Clefable and Quagsire, Bulky Waters (*cough* Rotom-W *cough*), and Electrics, hence this is why I run an Adamant nature, because Venu is one of the most solid electric checks in OU, also it can lure Ferro, Scizor and Skarmory with HP fire who may think this is a defensive set, in return, Gyarados can check mons that can take advantage of Venusaur like Zard formes, Volcarona, Talonflame (if healthy enough).

Also, happy new year n_n.

lol I got 300 posts already.

Last edited:
After trying HO I'd say is not my playstyle, neither balance, soo I'll request a Bulky Offense team around this mons.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

So Gyarados is supposed to act as a win condition, Venusaur in particular is a very good teammate for gyarados, as it can deal with most of the stuff that annoys it such as Unaware Clefable and Quagsire, Bulky Waters (*cough* Rotom-W *cough*), and Electrics, hence this is why I run an Adamant nature, because Venu is one of the most solid electric checks in OU, also it can lure Ferro, Scizor and Skarmory with HP fire who may think this is a defensive set, in return, Gyarados can check mons that can take advantage of Venusaur like Zard formes, Volcarona, Talonflame (if healthy enough) and even Mamoswine.

Also, happy new year n_n.

lol I got 300 posts already.
Mamoswine really does not take advantage of Mega Venusaur one-on-one, it only 2HKOs Mega Venusaur with Earthquake and gets OHKOd in return by Giga Drain. In addition, your Gyarados is outsped by even Adamant Mamoswine and gets 2HKOd after Stealth Rock with Icicle Crash. I am not denying that that Gyara and M-Venu benefit from each other as teammates, but Mamoswine is hardly a problem for Mega Venusaur.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Since i really like Mienshaos design and since Mienshao is kinda viable in the OU environment, i recently tried to build a team around it. The first and most obvious Partner i came across is Rotom-W, due to it's ability to take on Talonflame, Scizor and bulky ground types, all of which trouble Mienshao. At the same time, those 2 form a decent Voltturn Core. A Third Partner i thought of was Gardevoir, since Sableye, Slowbro and Venusaur completly wall the other two Teammembers. I also tried pairing these mons with a Sandcore, for Rapid-Spin and Pursuit Support, but my builds never really worked out. So my request would be to build a team around Mienshao, the other two mons being suggestions but not mandatory at all.
Taking this, Mienshao that is, I'll add my own stuff for other partners although Rotom-W or Heat sounds nice.
@ leftovers
Bold
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Scald
-Rest
-Roar
-Calm Mind

@ choice specs
Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Extrasensory

@ choice Band
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Sacred Fire
-Stone Edge
-Extreme Speed
-Bulldoze

Idea is primarily is, a legendary beast team. With each covering their counters relatively well. Raikou with the choice spcs set, to wear it's own counters down as well as the other two and switch in to an appropriate team mate or fellow legendary beast to deal with, with volt switch. Entei's band set acts as an additional wall breaker, with access to sacred fire, entei can easily cripple, would be physical switch ins, lik scarf tyranitar with sacred fire, as well as pick off weakened threats, with choice band, sacred fire. suicune can act as an early game, annoyance with scald spam and clean up in the late game, with calm mind, with roar to dissipate, would be set up sweepers in their tracks.
Your description is simply terrible in that it doesnt even explain why they work together well. But I have tried this in the past so I'll bite.
Just reposting since no one took it from 3 pages ago...
fiiiiiiine (subseed whimsi + m-sableye)

Taking this, Mienshao that is, I'll add my own stuff for other partners although Rotom-W or Heat sounds nice.

Your description is simply terrible in that it doesnt even explain why they work together well. But I have tried this in the past so I'll bite.

fiiiiiiine (subseed whimsi + m-sableye)
Ah sorry, I was in a bit of a rush, with Christmas and all XD. Thanks for taking it through.

Reactions: AM

Dash (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Time Travel (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Baton Pass

I would like a team to be made with the core of Keldeo and Celebi. I prefer if the team goes in a more BO direction, but balance/HO are fine. Celebi is a cool mon that can pass Nasty Plot's to Keldeo which causes it to be destructive with the help of Choice Scarf. Unfortunately, you are limited with the Scarf, so I wouldn't mind if the sets are changed. Celebi is vulnerable to dark types, such as Weavile, TTar, MDoom, etc., and Keldeo checks them all. Obviously, birds such as Talonflame and Mega Pinsir are a problem, so a mon that can handle those would be ideal. Bulky grass types like Venusaur trouble the core, so Heatran could work as a possible partner. On the other hand, Keldeo struggles with electric types, and Celebi checks them pretty well. Keldeo's switch-ins such as Slowbro, Lati twins, Azumarill, etc. can be handled by Celebi. Overall, Baton Passing into a monster like Keldeo is really fun, and these two are good partners.
happy new year! :]

Last edited:

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Hey guys, I would like to request a bulky-offense team based off these two Pokemon:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 220 Atk / 56 Def / 36 SpAtk / 200 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

I'm trying to get back on my feet on Smogon, and I feel that there is no better place to ask for a competitive Pokemon team than here. So we have Kyurem-Black, who is a terrifying wallbreaker capable of defeating entire unprepared teams on end, who fears Dragon and Rock Types. Tyranitar checks almost every Dragon in OU, and has a fighting chance against Mega Diancie. This team has a weakness to Fairies, Fighting Types, Steel, many things really but I believe that it is a decent core to start off with.

Erai14 congratulations on your 300th Post!

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Core:

Requested by: Cassa97 on page 16 Post 399

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind / Encore

Mienshao (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 164 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 100 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Taunt / U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
So I ended up more out of coincidence using your suggested partners granted I changed stuff around obviously. Figured it would be better to utilize some hazards with Calm Mind M-Gardevoir and Scarf Mienshao to act as a revenge killer and cleaner. Tankchomp acts as the rocker and helps with providing blanket utility to Bisharp, Scizor, the usual stuff really. Life Orb Taunt Torn-T helps with maintaing hazards on the field by Taunting passive hazard removers along with having the offensive potential to threaten Starmie and Latios. Rotom-W provides the volt-turn core with Mienshao, running a speedier variant for the likes of offensive Mega Scizor and below. Ferrothorn was added to provide Spike support, paralysis, along with a secondary Dragon resist along with all the other defensive utility Ferrothorn normally provides.

Team is a bit Char-X weak, granted the team lies on maintaining its momentum constantly against heavy duty things such as that Azumarill, the normal wall-breakers through the use of its volt-turn portion and no being passive as hell. I slashed Encore with M-Gardevoir as I found it's a neat tool to have to against things like CM Clefable and other slow mons using utility moves. U-Turn is slashed on Torn-T to add an additional U-Turn user at the cost of being weaker to defensive mons and not being able to slow down hazard setters and revmoers. For those that aren't too fond of Mienshao, Scarf Terrakion and Keldeo are replacements you can try out. Enjoy.

Hey guys, I would like to request a bulky-offense team based off these two Pokemon:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 Atk / 56 Def / 36 SpAtk / 200 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

I'm trying to get back on my feet on Smogon, and I feel that there is no better place to ask for a competitive Pokemon team than here. So we have Kyurem-Black, who is a terrifying wallbreaker capable of defeating entire unprepared teams on end, who fears Dragon and Rock Types. Tyranitar checks almost every Dragon in OU, and has a fighting chance against Mega Diancie. This team has a weakness to Fairies, Fighting Types, Steel, many things really but I believe that it is a decent core to start off with.

Erai14 congratulations on your 300th Post!
taking

unfixable sorry for wait, vacation and stuff itll be up in the next week

AM

LCPL Champion
malomyotismon I'm dropping your core cause there's way too many things necessary for the team to make that work and it would end up turning out pretty shit, for the standard of shit lol.

malomyotismon I'm dropping your core cause there's way too many things necessary for the team to make that work and it would end up turning out pretty shit, for the standard of shit lol.
fair enough, I feared it would not work out. It's pretty gimmicky when your starting out with a legendary trio core to begin with lol, but thats why I asked, thanks anyways :) .

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Core: DD Lando, NP Thundy, Pherb Tran
Request by: Skarmx2

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Soft Sand
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 184 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish / Defog

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 232 HP / 220 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect / Toxic / Knock Off
- Scald
- Earth Power

The core was interesting and seemed fun, I like the 2 win conditions being DD Lando and NP Thundy as both are fun and lethal when it comes to offense and providing pressure. I decided to use Taunt over SR on your suggestion with Tran cuz I feel like Magma Strom + Taunt just beats a lot of things like Chansey, stopping DDancers or any set-up mon so I just kept that. No mega, weak as hell to weavile, ur lati switch-in was only Tran w/ no recovery, so I settled w/ Mega Scizor being the perfect fit here. Speed is to outsped Mega Venusaur after mega evolving, Sp def bulk to fight back vs non HP Fire Mega Gardevior, some physical bulk to fight back vs Bisharp which is a threat to the team. Scarf Latias is great for CharY and a revenge killer to DDancers, trick is for fat mons like Chansey, Clefs, Suicune, etc. I needed a rocker + spare electric check, so i settled w/ Seismitoad. i have protect cuz i like it being a reiable spare mon to handle manentrics, talons, or w/e. run Toxic or Knock off if you feel that's better. Enjoy, pretty straight forward team.

Core: DD Lando, NP Thundy, Pherb Tran
Request by: Skarmx2

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Soft Sand
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 184 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish / Defog

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 232 HP / 220 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect / Toxic / Knock Off
- Scald
- Earth Power

The core was interesting and seemed fun, I like the 2 win conditions being DD Lando and NP Thundy as both are fun and lethal when it comes to offense and providing pressure. I decided to use Taunt over SR on your suggestion with Tran cuz I feel like Magma Strom + Taunt just beats a lot of things like Chansey, stopping DDancers or any set-up mon so I just kept that. No mega, weak as hell to weavile, ur lati switch-in was only Tran w/ no recovery, so I settled w/ Mega Scizor being the perfect fit here. Speed is to outsped Mega Venusaur after mega evolving, Sp def bulk to fight back vs non HP Fire Mega Gardevior, some physical bulk to fight back vs Bisharp which is a threat to the team. Scarf Latias is great for CharY and a revenge killer to DDancers, trick is for fat mons like Chansey, Clefs, Suicune, etc. I needed a rocker + spare electric check, so i settled w/ Seismitoad. i have protect cuz i like it being a reiable spare mon to handle manentrics, talons, or w/e. run Toxic or Knock off if you feel that's better. Enjoy, pretty straight forward team.

Cheers Zam, looks good. GL in SPL :]

core:

requested by KidMagic

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Breloom @ Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure
i don't like dragonite much & i didn't want to make something too basic, so i had a bit of fun with this one hehe. don't worry, i'm gonna have "alternate" options below (these will be the more standard and optimal choices for this build). anyways, first i didn't want rock polish diancie on this build. i really wanted to have the build focused around dragonite setting up and sweeping. to start, proper hazard removal to allow dragonite to abuse multiscale was a must. i added latios because it's a super nice glue pokemon on offense capable of handling keldeo, speedy electrics (not lorb thundurus tho), certain water types, etc.. recover is so it can efficiently check these things rather than getting whittled down super fast by hazards + damage from them + life orb recoil. scarf jirachi was added next for a similar reason: general glue for offense. it helps to check lati@s, torn-t, zams (when your opp isn't going for shadow ball), weavile, fairies, etc.. heart stamp > zen headbutt cause of the silly 60% flinch chance & to have a backup against mega venu. the healing wish support rachi provides is also obviously super nice. breloom was added next as a way to handle annoying bulky grounds, sand, rain, and to have a generally strong priority user. hp ice + expert belt always 2HKOs fatchomp / defensive lando-t. finally, tankchomp was added in slot 6 to handle bisharp and birds, get a crapload of damage on zard-x, help a bit with bulky grounds, etc.. endure is kinda needed because the other zard-x check is diancie.

mega sableye is kinda annoying because you only have mega diancie to check it, but considering mega diancie is a great mega sableye check, it isn't the end of the world; the builds that weren't weaker to mega sableye basically got 6-0'd by rain (and sand sorta), so a compromise had to be made :p. starmie is annoying because it's really fast and has great coverage, but the defensive set isn't doing too much damage to things like lati (thunder wave is very annoying tho -_-), and the offensive set can get worn down pretty quickly thanks to rachi's u-turn. general threats to offense like thundurus-i, torn-t, and mega alakazam are big issues once jirachi is gone, so don't play super risky with rachi.

in case you didn't notice, the team has 1 wincon. if you're a grinch like AM and you don't want to run hidden power ice breloom, you can just run focus sash + swords dance. you have good means of hazard removal / prevention with latios's defog and mega diancie's magic bounce, so sash isn't totally useless here. if you're worried about bulky steels, you can run fire punch > heart stamp on jirachi. if you're worried about bulky grounds, you can run ice punch > heart stamp. if you just don't like heart stamp and would prefer higher damage > higher flinch chance, you can run zen headbutt > heart stamp lol.

i'm also making this disclaimer right here that i 100% think sd is better on loom objectively speaking. hp ice is just fun to play around with heh ;]

this team is really fun to play with. hope you enjoy it. thanks AM and Nedor for looking it over a bit, and thanks theurbandear and astroboy for helping me test ^^

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/637.gif

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Surf
- Hyper Voice

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/695.gif

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

So yeah basicly , the idea is heliolisk volt switch into Volcarona. Heliolisk can take the water attacks that Volcarona would be weak to and Volcarona could switch in into fighting/fire move that Heliolisk is weak to.
The sets aren't set in stone so you can change it , just try to keep the volt switch and dry skin.
And sorry if i F*cked up somewhere this is my first post on Smogon
I'm just reposting since nobody took it. If it's just a bad core , please tell me so I can try to make something else =P.

Thundurus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 108 Def / 248 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic

Honestly the Hippowdon isn't too important to the core and can be replaced if you feel like it, but I just felt like it fits. Overall the Thundurus-T set is what I want the team around but Hippo checks things like AV Raikou, Zard X and others that can be annoying for Thund.

Thund's defense EVs let it avoid the 3hko from Banded Scizor's Bullet Punch, meaning it can come in and set up both dances on it.

Last edited:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey :]
I'd like to request an Offensive based team around these two. Mana is there to punch holes into the opponents team allowing Gross to clean the rest. Haven't used/seen Gross in awhile so Wynaut show him some love in 2016!

^_^ Happy New Year ^_^

="ThEeNd1218, post: 6600521, member: 224020"]

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I'd like to request an Offensive based team around these two. Mana is there to punch holes into the opponents team allowing Gross to clean the rest. Haven't used/seen Gross in awhile so Wynaut show him some love in 2016!

^_^ Happy New Year ^_^
Hey bud, I've built around this here, lmk if you want a new one though. Cheers :}

Nedor

thiccc
core: Mega Altaria + Tornadus-T
team archetype: preferably semi-stall / balance / fat balance
-I looked through all the teams and didn't see any with this core, besides one that had Gothitelle on it

+

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 168 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Earthquake

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

-The Mega Altaria set isn't set in stone. Feel free to change it if you feel like you would be better able to build a team with a different set.

Lately I have been attempting to build solid semi-stall / fat balance teams. I usually start off by looking at a list of the common stallbreakers / wallbreakers that place the most restrictions on defensively-oriented teams (Hoopa-U / Gengar / Mega Gardevoir / Clefable / Manaphy / Bisharp / Mega Scizor / Mega Medicham / Mega Charizard X / Mega Charizard Y) and see what can counter / hard check a majority of the mons. I wanted to try Mega Altaria + Tornadus-T because it is able to beat a good amount of the mons on the list. However, I have not yet been able to build a successful semi-stall team with the core, so I want to see what someone else can do with it.
taking this.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

^_^ Happy New Year ^_^
I'd recommend a defensive pivot for these two pokemon. As two offensive pieces of your team, you won't want them getting hit too much. Manaphy and Gross are both pretty weak to electric / ground / dark / ghost coverage, so I'd recommend something like a defensive Chesnaught build with Bulletproof for a Shadow ball immunity:

Chesnaught Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 Atk
Impish Nature
Drain Punch
Spiky Shield
Leech Seed
Spikes

Chesnaught is able to soak up those nasty knock offs and EQ's with ease which metagross hates and can set up spikes aiding your sweep. Chesnaught also can switch into Blissey and Chansey, both which stop Manaphy from sweeping.

I'd also recommend a special defensive pivot for fast strong special attackers which can beat your offensive core. For example, Mega Manectric which has Thunderbolt and Flamethrower, can easily wittle down Manaphy and Metagross. There's alot of different options for that role but I'd recommend something like Latios / Latias or Gastrodon. EV spreads and movesets are pretty widespread for those pokemon, especially Lati@s so that's up to you.

Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock off
I like this gliscors set. But am open for suggestions on better set

I would like a Balance team. Gardevoir-M cause pixillate and an amazing spl.atk is a great stallbreaker and a serial killer in general.Will-o-wisp is to cripple those steels which always show up when they see a mega garde.
Gliscor is there as a defensive mon to help garde by clearing steels and fires. Also its my stealth rocker.

I need a team which covers up mega gardes fraility and lets it more longevity. Also scizor and ferrothorn are big threats.

+

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Slack Off

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Mega Gardevoir is a very potent pokémon that is a big threat to stall and slower balence teams, but is weak to/ unable to break mons such as mega scizor, Skarmory, Weavile and Bisharp. Defensive Infernape aids this, being able to will-o- wisp these pokemon and shut some of then down completely. Keldeo may be able check all of the above, but infernape particularly excels at crippling and wearing them down as it doesn't mind taking knock offs. I would like a bulky offense/balence team that capitalizes on defensive infernapes niche. Together, these two pokémon can obliterate stall with very little support needed from teammates. Feel free to change any sets. It may be an idea to run a defensive set with u turn, as gardevoir loves to gain momentum. Modest gardevoir handles stall beter for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
im tired of making shitty teams

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Roseli Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

requesting SD Weavile + Roseli Chomp

i like swords dance weavile a lot but every team ive made around it has been pretty mediocre. weavile + rocky chomp is super common so i figure running a lure set with roseli berry will help to take out fairies (namely diancie, but also some others like azu or clef if the situation is ideal) and wallbreak a bit to help weavile clean. i dont really care about garchomp's moveset or EV spread, i just like the berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)