Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

The PS Simulator says a popular item on Bisharp is Power Herb. Does Bisharp learn a move that is affected by Power Herb, or this is just a stupid PS player using such item?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The PS Simulator says a popular item on Bisharp is Power Herb. Does Bisharp learn a move that is affected by Power Herb, or this is just a stupid PS player using such item?
Popular items aren't Pokemon specific; Power Herb isn't a popular item on Bisharp, it's just a popular item in general. Why Power Herb is more popular than, say, Air Balloon, is beyond me though; maybe it's useful in a different tier?

yeah, Also Power Herb Solar Beam heatran is a thing, and some obscure shit like Freeze Shock need a power herb.

Im sure is just generally popular items and not tier specific.

Hey there, trying to participate now, just signed up.

Should I breed a HP Fire Treeko for a Mega Sceptile? I'm currently running Dragon Pulse/Leaf Storm/Focus Blast/Substitute, which works quite well.

Not related to a specific team, what are your experiences with HP Fire Mega Scep?

Hey there, trying to participate now, just signed up.

Should I breed a HP Fire Treeko for a Mega Sceptile? I'm currently running Dragon Pulse/Leaf Storm/Focus Blast/Substitute, which works quite well.

Not related to a specific team, what are your experiences with HP Fire Mega Scep?
Unless you really want to hit Skarmory or Mega Scizor, Focus Blast should be enough, also, it forces 30 IVs wich fails to tie with M-Beedrill and other M-Sceptile.

Why is there so much focus on the viability rankings as opposed to a threat list? While team building, I don't just pick and choose from S and A ranks; I'm really concerned more with what is going to blow up my team on the offensive end, or what defensive threat am I not going to be able to break.

There can be things that are low on the VR that aren't particularly viable, but can still be a massive threat to a team without an answer.

I looking for an answer why particular focus is given to the vr, rather than threat lists or counter sets/lures. (Which there ARE threads for)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why is there so much focus on the viability rankings as opposed to a threat list? While team building, I don't just pick and choose from S and A ranks; I'm really concerned more with what is going to blow up my team on the offensive end, or what defensive threat am I not going to be able to break.

There can be things that are low on the VR that aren't particularly viable, but can still be a massive threat to a team without an answer.

I looking for an answer why particular focus is given to the vr, rather than threat lists or counter sets/lures. (Which there ARE threads for)
Well experienced players don't tend to use the VR thread outside of debating placements. Its more a resource for newer players who are learning the meta for the things that are more threatening and need a bigger focus on prepping for. Threat lists do exist in the RMT forum somewhere if ur interested.

Well experienced players don't tend to use the VR thread outside of debating placements. Its more a resource for newer players who are learning the meta for the things that are more threatening and need a bigger focus on prepping for. Threat lists do exist in the RMT forum somewhere if ur interested.
Haha yeah, but isn't what you just described a threat list? Chucking a clefable on your team won't magically make it better. What new players really need is, as you mentioned, a RMT where they can see what is going to stop their team and adjust based on that. Trying to build around a VR is the wrong approach to team building, IMO.

We really should just be calling the viability rankings the "ease of use" list, since I could sweep with a well played zoroark, it's just a pain to use...

Haha yeah, but isn't what you just described a threat list? Chucking a clefable on your team won't magically make it better. What new players really need is, as you mentioned, a RMT where they can see what is going to stop their team and adjust based on that. Trying to build around a VR is the wrong approach to team building, IMO.

We really should just be calling the viability rankings the "ease of use" list, since I could sweep with a well played zoroark, it's just a pain to use...
If you just want something that'll show what can tear through your team, you can use the bReakMyTeam site, which is found here: http://sweepercalc.com/rmt/

I don't know if it's still up-to-date, but it should cover most of the threats in ORAS and even some more obscure ones that show up occasionally.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/threatlists.3491132/

Threatlists exist in other areas of the site. It's ordered alphabetically but threatlists are fluid depending on what you choose to build around, so that's why there's no ordering from least threat to greatest threat.

I've been wondering, should I use roost or earthquake on my Mega-Charizard-X? Earthquake destroys things that would otherwise wall Charizard if it had roost over earthquake, like Heatran, and Mega-Diancie. It's a 1HKO on many threats after a dragon dance.

+1 252+ Atk Mega Charizard X Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 330-390 (136.9 - 161.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Charizard X Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 456-540 (118.4 - 140.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It depends on the build of the team. If your team is weak to tran, use EQ. If its not weak to Tran, use Roost.

Martin

Soz sbout double posting, but is there a better spread for CM blissey than the spread I've been using (20 HP / 252 Def / 236 SpD bold; hits a lefties number)?

How do i distinguish between an offensive pokemon, a stallbreaker/wallbreaker, and a sweeper/late game sweeper

Like mega gardevoir, mega gallade with SD, Kyurem black are stallbreaker.
Garchomp, lopunny, bisharp are offensive pokemon . But Bisharp/Mega Lopunny turns into a late game sweeper .
Mega metagross is an offensive pokemon, with rock polish it turns into a sweeper

Dragon Dance pokemon are sweeper ( dragonite, salamence,gyarados)

So high speed high attack = sweeper ?
medium speed high attack = stallbreaker ?
taunt = stall breaker ?
SD/Nasty Plot pokemon with medium speed = stall breaker ?

Is Heatran a decent Dark Spam check?
I would say against special dark moves, yes it can be. I wouldnt bring it on physical dark moves like knock offs because 1) You lose your only form of recovery and 2) Heatran doesnt take physical dark moves very well either considering most trans are sp def anyway.

Is it possible to get both Charm and Seismic Toss on a Chansey in game? It's legal according to showdown but I don't know how to get both the moves onto chansey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)