Smogon Premier League VII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Since Tele is being a killjoy, I'm gonna do this myself. I'm using my 15 minutes pee break to type this up. Before I start, I just wanna go ahead and answer a question that has been asked of me several times.

Question: Is there anyone on Smogon you think is better than you at playing Pokemon?
Normally, I would ignore the person asking that dumb question. In real life, I would just roll my eyes and walk away. BUT, if I were to set whatever ego I have aside and answer this question honestly, I would have to say McMeghan, Tele, Ojama, BKC, and the late Bloo. Those are the very, very few players I think are better than me at playing Pokemon. See? I can admit when someone is better.

Without further ado, here are my completely unbiased power rankings of the ORAS OU players, based on MY OWN EXPERIENCE playing against them.

1. Tesung - I'm no fan of Tesung. Quite the contrary, actually. However, those two Smogon Tours victories speak volume. And I have played this person a few times to know that he can hold his own against anyone. He's head and shoulders above anyone below.
  2. ben gay - We've played quite a few times, and I won most of our matches. When you win and you're still impressed by your opponent's performance, it means that he's good af.
  3. xray - Everyone thinks xray is a cheap version of cosine180. I disagree. I think both are equally good players. Xray is higher on this list because he actually has a personality unlike the robot below him.
  4. cosine180
  5. PDC - he's a really solid player, I'm not gonna deny that. Please stop bitching though. It's obnoxious and makes any good player looks measly.
  6. TheEnder - played you once and you won easily. I did bring a team I didn't care about, but you still destroyed me. That means you're good. Most people can't win against me so easily even if I used a joke team.
  7. boudouche
  8. Reymedy
  9. CBB - I feel like I'm beating a dead hoe. I've tried digging as deep as I possibly could and just can't understand how so over-overrated this dude is. I've played him at least a dozen times and not once was I impressed. Still don't know where the hype comes from.
  10. daftmau5
  11. Destiny Device - I thought he was the next Bloo when I watched those games during the WCoP when Brazil won it all. Then he went downhill at a pace so quick it makes me blush.
  12. blunder
If my fat boss blesses me with another pee break during tonight's 12-hour shift, I'll do the DPP OU players too, since I'm pro at that as well.

Tele

a quality human being
Here's my top 5 whitequeen

1. CBB Alexander - not even a close call. Since he came back from his 1 year ban he has performed at a very high level. He dominated OLT and shined during Smogon Tours, and even before his ban, he showed everyone his potential going 3-0 in the 2014 wcop. I think he's not as hyped as some other players becos he tends to keep a low profile, but he has a bright future ahead of him.
  2. Tesung - im not particularly impressed by his builds, but i guess 2 individual trophies over the last year speak for themselves
  3. Cosine180 - lets be honest last year was one heck of a year for cosine. He really levelled up his performances game by game, tournament by tournament, like a crescendo: ST 19 Playoffs, pivotal point of the german team who fell 1 win short from the world cup final, won OLT cycle 1, won 2 ORAS OU tours and made ST 20 playoffs. At various points during the year he was considered the best oras player. Unfortunately for him i was there to crush all his wildest dreams. He hasnt been the same player since. which isnt especially surprising considering how hard it is to keep high standards throughout a year like he did. He will still end this spl with a positive record though. But only if he quits vod, the root of all evil.
  4. PDC - **
  5. Pokemaniac Livio - number 1 seed from the last Smogon Tour season, he had the 2nd best oras record behind cosine. We will hear from him again in the future.
Honorable mention - Benchpact, ThunderBlunder777, Jamvad, CBB

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
It's almost 10 PM, and I'm still here at the drive-thru windows with my earpieces on taking orders from rude ass passersby. With every, "Can I have a large number 1 with Coke," I feel a little dead inside. Fortunately, I have Smogon. This is my sanctuary with the "loveliest of users and it is the friendliest gay community on the Internet" - Olgemi. Thank you for keeping me going until 1 AM before I get to come home to my two cats, Quanita and Jamal.

I'm having my 15 pee break right now and as promised, here are the top DPP OU players.
  1. Ojama - I don't know how this nigga can be so consistently good all the time. It requires work. I'm only good when I turn it on. This guy is, like, good all the time. A lack of a social life is required to do what he does.
  2. Tamahome
  3. Lady Bug - lady boss is actually a really good player, as long as he doesn't troll around. His builds are always predictable, more so than any one person that I've ever seen on here. You know he'll bring stall. Just use Nasty Plot Togekiss or Clefable and you'll win against him 99.9% of the time.
  4. TV-Rocka
  5. Marshall.Law
  6. Femalekith - she's about as good in DPP OU as boudouche/Reymedy is in ORAS OU. A good player that another good player would look forward to playing against because it's not a difficult win. I think it is a French thing.
  7. Bad Ass
  8. Stathakis - During his two respectable OST runs, when I first heard of Stathakis, I was simply amazed. His offensive teams and how aggressively he played were some of the scariest stuff I had seen in Pokemon at that time. He got the WhiteQueen in awe, which is saying a whole lot. Then all of a sudden, he starts idling on IRC exchanging love messages with other dudes. Suddenly, he's not so threatening anymore. I doubt anyone (not even Laurel) gets nervous being paired against Stathakis nowadays. Sad but true.
  9. Go10 - 6-0ed this dude with DeNiSsSs' stolen Baton Pass team in one of the DPP tour weeks. He cussed me out, and I moved on to round 4. Really, I don't know you or have played you much other than that one epic battle that got you pissing mad. Just putting you here for content purposes because 8 is too low a number for my rankings.
Don't bother me about ranking the BW OU players. I know absolutely nothing about that cancerous tier.

ORAS OU:

boudouche vs PDC
Reymedy vs Laurel
ben gay vs blunder
mencemeat vs daftmau5
Steve Angello vs Crashinboombang
reiku vs TDK
GeeMick vs Leftiez
Seeme vs Destiny Device

BW OU:

Finchinator vs Thatsjustpeachy
Asuya
vs Evuelf
GOD MARTH vs LuckOverSkill
Masterclass vs Tesung

DPP OU:

Malekith vs Stathakis
Honor vs Ojama
Golden Sun vs Marshall.Law
Porengan
vs Tamahome

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think you notice already. The rankings are merely an excuse for me to talk about myself and to talk shit about other people (without getting infracted) lol. Take notes, Masterclass.
Even the players who are topping your power rankings have had shots taken at them (Ojama having no life, not being a fan of Tesung). You're like a far less obnoxious Skip Bayless from ESPN's first take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)