Movin' On Up (Submissions!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My weezing has the wrong abilities. It should be Levitate /Aftermath / Unaware OM room

Weezing: G-Luke
Arbok: G-Luke
Seviper: G-Luke
Garbodor: McFlareon

Im greedy....or nah!!

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry I'm Late ;; but, Voting is CLOSED!

Arbok: G-Luke With

Name:
Arbok
New typing: Poison/Dragon
New Stats: 80/125/89/87/109/100
Movepool Additions: + Outrage + Fire Blast + Dragon Dance + Draco Metoer
New Ability: Intimidate / Shed Skin / Multiscale

Garbodor is a 3-Way Tie Right now, so I'm just going to /pick it.
http://imgur.com/zaBNAOo
So... Congrats to The Reptile with...

Name: Garbodor
New Stats: 80/105/130/60/130/85 BST 590
New Typing(if any): Poison / Steel
Movepool Addition(s): Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Slack Off
New Abilities(if any): Stench / Weak Armor / Rough Skin (HA)

2 Way Tie Between Mcflareon and Zerobreaker000, so again with the /pick!
http://imgur.com/vHoXO6N

So, Congrats to zerobreaker000 with....

Name: Weezing
New Stats: 95/95/145/95/100/60 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Poison/Rock
Movepool Addition(s): Rock Slide, Wish, Stealth Rock, Rock Blast
New Abilities(if any): Levitate/Solid Rock/Aftermath

Finally, NV won with his Seviper submission!

Name: Seviper
New Stats: 75 / 130 / 75 / 130 / 75 / 105 BST: 590
New Typing(if any): Poison / Dark
Movepool Addition(s): Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Nasty Plot
New Abilities(if any): Strong Jaw / Infiltrator (HA)

Last edited:

G-Luke

Hmmm... this slate looks interesting.

Arbok looks like it can pull off plenty of sets, like tank, Coil and DDance. But all of these sets struggle against Steels that resist / immune to its STABs. And Klefki is a HARD counter if not a +1. Fire Blast slightly helps this but that will definately be its biggest roadblock.

Garbodor is a monster tank, soaking up alot of hits and dishing out decent damage in the process. The times 4 ground weakness sucks ALOT, but its MASSIVE list of defences, access to Rough Skin + reliable recovery (never seen in OU) and 3 viable forms of hazards makes this thing a great tank and an OU staple on defensive teams.

I personally dont like this Weezing, as I see it a bit outclassed by Garbodor. But dont count it out. Access to Wish and a good HP makes Wishpassing possible. Its biggest advantage is its Levitate ability, giving it a big edge over Garbodor. It checks burdspam a hell more easier. Will o Wisp is a great move for a physical wall. Fire Blast allows it to fry the steel types that wall it. But I still would prefer Garbodor thanks to greater overall bulk, better typing, speed and more offensive presence.

Seviper is a serious wild card and is very unpredictable. It can easily run mixed, Physical or special sets thanks to its coverage, which is good enough to give it different checks to each set.
Coil sets turns it into a powerful physical sweeper with STAB strong jaw crunc, hurting ALOT of stuff.NP sets switch it around, making switchins to its physical sets (Skarm, LandoT, Ferro) into free kills and set up bait. Mixed blends this much further and makes it much harder to counter. It has problems with faster threats due to its subpar bulk, but Sucker Punch (and an excellent defensive typing) slightly migates this. Overall a great wallbreaker /sweeper.

Last edited:
Seviper gets decent STAB. Poison Fang might not look special, but when you have a 30% chance to add a hint of Toxic to your bite, you're getting a good amount out of anything you don't OHKO anyway. Not to mention a decently powerful physical BoltBeam for coverage off of that 130 attack.

Nothing else looks too interesting. I'd start the next slate sooner rather than later. With variety in types this time, if you will.

G-Luke

I wanted to introduce types that normally suck or lack representation in OU first. So there will be three more typed themed slates, after which I should return to help OM room fully and stuff, more varied slates which will be decided by me and OM room will be in order. Oh, since this is the second slate and all, tagging Rhythms to code this into the system.

RNG Luck hax was against me :(

It's a shame Seviper loses Shed Skin, getting rid of burns would be useful although with those defense it might not mattrr as much so getting as much damage with the Fangs/Crunch also works.

Arbok makes a solid setup sweeper especially with Multiscale although the other abilities have their own uses, too. It has just the right stats to be a good DDancer.

Although Weezing is a good stop to Talonfkame, i feel it needs recovery to make up for a typing that is very weak to Scalds/Aqua Jet. Garbodor has that plus a SR resistance so Weezing does get a bit outclassed. I guess together they somewhat manage each other's weak points but there are better cores

Iron barbs is a great punish for Priority though

OM

It's a starstruck world
G-Luke, Thanks for spoiling it nerd >_< [Also Update the title]

NEXT SLATE.

:mad: HAUNTED HORRORS :mad:

Mismagius

Current Stats: 60/60/60/105/105/105
Current Typing: Ghost
Current Abilities: Levitate
Current BST: 495

Dusknoir

Current Stats: 45/100/135/65/135/45
Current Typing: Ghost
Current Abilities: Pressure/Frisk
Current BST: 525

Golurk

Current Stats: 89/125/80/55/80/55
Current Typing: Ghost/Ground
Current Abilities: Iron Fist/Klutz/No guard
Current BST: 483

Drifblim

Current Stats: 150/80/44/90/54/80
Current Typing: Ghost/Flying
Current Abilities: Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost
Current BST: 498

Go!

G-Luke

WIP
mismagius.gif

Name: Mismagius
New Stats: 70/70/70/130/120/115
New Typing: Ghost/Fairy
Movepool Addition(s): +Moonblast +Focus Blast +Moonlight +Magic Coat
New Abilities: Levitate / Magic Guard / Cursed Body
Justification: Ghost/Fairy is Mismagius's dream typing. Everyone wants it and it fits well. The moves are kinda basic. Moonblast for STAB, Focus Blast since everything learns it, Moonlight since its Fairy like, and Magic Coat since its a witch. Magic Guard and Cursed Body are witch-like abilities.
Niche in OU: Mismagius sets itself apart as an amazingly fast and powerful Fairy type, (something not in OU baring megas). It has access to NP and CM, giving it two different set up options. Its good special bulk, access to Taunt, and a good speed tier allows it to be a great stallbreaker. It has 3 great abilities that are each good in their own right. In all a super powerful and extremely versatile mon.

dusknoir.gif

Name: Dusknoir
New Stats: 70/130/140/55/135/55
New Typing: Ghost/Fighting
Movepool Addition(s): +Mach Punch +Close Combat +Bulk Up +Drain Punch
New Abilities: Guts / Frisk / Iron Fist
Justification: I dont even think it is nessacary. I mean, this thing's movepool alone... I just buffed it up with Staple fighting type moves and Guts
Niche in OU: It has a unique typing and OK bulk backed by a fierce attack stat and plenty coverage options. Burns and Toxic doesnt even phaze it if its running Guts, making it hit even harder. It super powerful under trickroom tho, which it even sets. Super great stuff here.

golurk.gif

Name: Golurk
New Stats: 109/145/90/65/90/73
New Typing: Ghost/Ground
Movepool Additions: +Rapid Spin +Shadow Sneak +Taunt +Swords Dance
New Abilities: Iron Fist / Mold Breaker / No Guard
Justification: Golurk looks like a giant ball with arms and legs, so Rapid Spin isnt farfetched. Shadow Sneak and Taunt are Ghost type staples. Mold Breaker makes lots of sence on Golurk.
Niche in OU: Golurk steps in on the OU scence as an excellent Rapid Spinner with a twist, it blocks Other pokemon's Rapid Spin.
Mold Breaker is a great ability, combined with Taunt and Stealth Rock turns it into a reliable SR setter. Its attack is also amazing, 140 is nothing to scoff at. Swords Dance boosts its atracks to even more threatening levels, turning it to a powerful sweeper.

Sets
Mismagius @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball / Thunder Wave / Will o. Wisp

Mismagius @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Magic Guard / Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spe
Ability: Guts / Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak / Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Thunder. Punch
- Drain Punch / Mach Punch

Golurk @ Leftovers
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Ability: Mold Breaker / No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin / Taunt / Toxic
- Shadow Punch / Dynamic Punch

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
Seeing as I actually like this slate, let's send a submission up!

New Stats: 90/142/100/55/100/104
Movepool Additions: +Swords Dance +Dark Void +Shadow Sneak +Storm Throw
New Abilities: Iron Fist / Technician / No Guard
Justification: WIP
Niche in OU:
Screw you Breloom, I completely outclass you in everything. That's Right Folks, the New Golurk has a nifty option in Dark Void, Good STABs in Shadow Sneak and Bulldoze, as well as good coverage in rock tomb and Storm Throw. It also has nice boosting in Swords Dance as well as the ability to outpace Jirachi without scarf!

New Stats: 75/50/100/125/105/125
New Typing: Ghost/Fire
Movepool Additions: +Recover + Focus Blast +Fire Blast
New Abilities: Levitate / Adaptability / No Guard
Justification: WIP
Niche in OU:
Best Nuke In Game. Fire Blast for Nuking, Shadow Ball for Secondary Nuking and Nasty Plot for Boosting.

Break-A-Mon 2k16

Last edited:
LORD BLIMPIS HYPE
Name: Drifblim
Stats: 150/100/60/110/70/100
Type: Ghost/Normal
Move Additions: Hyper Voice, Recover, Aura Sphere
New Abilities: N/A, they're all good already
Justification: Drifblim is obviously god already, so I decided to take it far enough to get it banned to ubers. Hyper Voice is for special STAB, as Boomburst would be excessive. Recover is for duh. Aura Sphere is to kill pesky Dark-types
Niche in OU: NICHE? Drifblim is now the GOD of OU. Flare Boost can increase Special Attack for wallbreaking, Aftermath can threaten sweepers or wallbreakers with MASSIVE DAMAGE, and Unburden allows Drifblim to fast.

New Stats: 80/60/70/145/120/115 (590)
New Typing: Ghost
Movepool Addition(s): +Recover, +Focus Blast, +Healing Wish
New Abilities: Levitate/Magician/Illusion
Justification: I'd give it Psychic-type for the magic theme, but since that makes the Dark-type weakness even worse, that's a no go. The abilities, on the other hand, are fully magic-related, while the added moves are mostly generic-ish moves.
Niche in OU: While it may lack in a secondary STAB or high power moves, Mismagius now possesses a gigantic 145 SpA, which becomes even more of a threat with Nasty Plot. A Timid LO set at +2 outright breaks everything save for Clefable in at most 2 hits, and at 115 Speed a Scarf set can be devastating as well. Calm Mind, on he other hand, can be used with Moonlight for further survivability, though physical moves would be a huge concern for you.

New Stats: 95/110/140/65/140/40 (590)
Movepool Addition(s): +Drain Punch, +Dark Void, +Hammer Arm, +Signal Beam
New Abilities: Pressure/Iron Fist/Intimidate
Justification: With it being this fat, I think Dusknoir deserves to have a much, much higher HP than it does atm. Iron Fist buffs just about every important move in Dusknoir's hands bar Earthquake, Drain Punch because I'm more than certain that it being a ghost means it can suck life forces. Dark Void is a legendary move, yes, but OM room did it so I'm doing it too. Signal Beam is more of a flavor addition, as according to its pokedex description.
Niche in OU: Having a completely ridiculous bulk and a serviceable 110 Atk, Dusknoir can now run Assault Vest as an alternative to its Band set. Now that Shadow Punch is actually somewhat usable, it can be much more powerful in terms of damage dealt with STAB, not having to rely on Shadow Sneak only. Even though it lacks reliable recovery, Drain Punch can decimate most Dark-types switching in, while healing Dusknoir of some of its damage, while Hammer Arm can be an option for even more damage. For a defensive/support set, Dark Void and Intimidate can be a tremendous help, being a tool to cripple one of the opponent's team and one that can ease switch-ins to physical moves and forces switches respectively.

New Stats: 100/140/95/65/120/70 (590)
Movepool Addition(s): +Circle Throw, +Bulk Up, +Explosion, +Zap Cannon
New Abilities: Iron Fist/Solid Rock/No Guard
Justification: Solid Rock, while mostly a competitive addition, works due to its nature as a clay statue. Explosion references its pokedex entry mentioning its energy going out of control when the seal is removed, and Zap Cannon... Just, look at Pokepark 2...
Niche in OU: Compared to Dusknoir, this Golurk is more offensive oriented, with a sky-high Atk and decent 70 Speed for a tank. Solid Rock furthers its tanking capabilites, helping it in setting up Rock Polish/Bulk Up. Stealth Rock sets are viable of course, with a new tool in Explosion to leave with a boom after you've secured your rocks and Golurk is about to faint. It can also use Circle Throw to phaze opponents after setting up hazards, though without STAB... Zap Cannon? Oh I dunno, use it with No Guard or something to specifically screw over Skarmory?

New Stats: 150/90/75/100/85/90 (590)
New Typing: Ghost/Flying
Movepool Addition(s): +Roost, +Hyper Voice, +Autotomize, +Scald
New Abilities: Aerilate/Unburden/Flare Boost
Justification: You know, air balloons' entire schtick is to float in the air. Aerilate sounds pretty fitting to me. Scald because steam balloons are a thing, and Autotomize not only symbolizes a hot air balloon leaving the loads behind, but also for this below...
Niche in OU: Aerilate Explosion. Yeah, you heard that right, we're doing this now. Not taking up a mega slot like M-Glalie, you can basically slap a Scarf or a Sash and Autotomize on it and watch things die. Of course, the other two abilities are completely usable, Unburden providing speed for Rest or Acrobatics sets, and Flare Boost as a power house.

New Stats: 100/80/80/110/105/115 (590)
Movepool Additions: Boomburst, Moonblast, Ice Beam, Flamethrower
New Abilities: Levitate, Magic Guard
Justification: Boomburst is because Mismagius is noted as making noises in its Pokedex entry. Moonblast is for strong STAB. Ice Beam and Flamethrower are because Mismagius is a witch who should have good spells. Magic Guard is because duh.
Niche in OU: Mismagius is fast, as well as reasonably bulky and powerful. It has two weaknesses. Ghost is taken care of by the fact that Mismagius is a ghost too, and Steel is taken care of by Flamethrower.

New Stats: 75/120/145/65/135/55
Movepool Addition(s): Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Foul Play, Knock Off
New Abilities: Cursed Body, Pressure, Iron Fist
Justification: Iron Fist buffs Dusknoir's most reliable STAB and coverage moves, Cursed Body makes sense flavor-wise, and Drain Punch provides reliable recovery and strong neutral coverage.
Niche in OU: A bulky spinblocker that has reliable recovery, doesn't take up a mega slot, and isn't passive.
Example Sets

New Stats: 150/95/80/90/80/95
New Typing: Ghost/Flying
Movepool Addition(s): Flamethrower, Hurricane, Boomburst
New Abilities: Infiltrator, Unburden, Aerilate
Justification: Flamethrower was added because Hot Air balloons are a thing, Hurricane is a reliable STAB move for special sets that don't use Aerilate, and Boomburst... well...
Niche in OU: Aerilate Boomburst. Yes, we're going there. Give it Calm Mind or a Choice Specs and everything dies. The other abilities are usable as well. Infiltrator works best on support sets, and Unburden provides speed boosts for Acrobatics sets.
Example Sets

New Stats: 99/164/110/55/90/72
New Typing: Ghost/Fighting
Movepool Addition(s): Bulk Up, Explosion, Knock Off, Thunder Wave
New Abilities: Iron Fist, Sturdy, No Guard
Justification: Sturdy was added for competitive reasons, but it makes sense for a giant robot. Explosion is a reference to its Pokedex entry.
Niche in OU: An unresisted offensive type combination that gives it, among other things, STAB No Guard DynamicPunch.
Example Sets

New Stats: 90/60/80/135/115/110
Movepool Addition(s): Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Moonblast, Recover
New Abilities: Levitate, Pixilate, Prankster
Justification: Prankster makes sense for a Pokemon based off of magicians, and works well with Mismagius' large support movepool. Ice Beam gives Mismagius access to the BoltBeam combo. Moonblast provides an alternate to Dazzling Gleam as a STAB move, and Hyper Voice is a reference to Mismagius' pokedex entry.
Niche in OU: With Prankster, Mismagius becomes extremely versatile. It gets priority on two different setup moves (Nasty Plot and Calm Mind), Destiny Bond, Heal Bell, Taunt, and many more, allowing it to run both offensive and support sets.
Example Sets

Last edited:
New Stats: 101(+56)/115(+15)/129(-6)/65/129(-6)/51(+6)
Movepool Additions: +Bulk Up, +Superpower, Sucker Punch (Egg move), Mega Kick
New Abilities: Pressure / Magic Guard / No Guard (HA)
Justification: This Dusknoir is kind of a weird anomaly. Magic Guard was given as it can go to the "other world" to dodge passive damage. It's also neutral with regards to moral alignment in the games, so no fighting/dark type was given. No guard symbolizes the fact that it can follow its target anywhere. Bulk Up and Superpower were obvious choices simply based on its appearance. While it already learns Sucker Punch, it would be incompatible with its HA as it's a Gen 4 tutor move, so I'm reintroducing it as an egg move.
Niche in OU: Similar to Rotom-W, this spreads burns while scaring Fire-Types away with its strong Ground coverage. 51 speed puts it ahead of a common speed tier. Having Magic Guard encourages direct attacks, which synergizes well with Sucker Punch. No Guard can be used for 100% accurate Will-o-Wisps, and gives it a really strong coverage option in Mega Kick (!), and even Blizzard to hit Landorus-Therian. However, it is incompatible with Dynamic Punch (Thankfully).

New Stats: 63(+3)/99(+39)/79(+19)/113(+8)/105/121(+16)
Movepool Additions: +Aura Sphere, +Moonblast, +Flamethrower, + Ice Beam
New Abilities: Soundproof / Pixilate / Magic Bounce (HA)
Justification: I don't know what GF was specifically thinking of when they made this, it looks like a cross between a banshee and a witch. Everything about this submission may seem weird and unorthodox, but is easily explainable. The Fairy typing comes from the ill-defined nature of witches in modern culture, having switched from a malevolent old hag in medieval times to now a variety of archetypes, and most of the Fair Folk are related to the concept of otherness in folklore, similar to ill-definition. Soundproof comes from its nature as a banshee, as Exploud, a pokemon known for making loud noises, was also given the ability. Aura Sphere and Moonblast are flavor-free options for a Fairy type, while Flamethrower comes from fireballs being the most common type of offensive spell in most fantasy settings, and thus a common choice for magic users. Ice beam rounds out the elemental beams coverage.
Niche in OU: Yes, I have an attraction to weird stat spreads. Trust me, everything makes sense here. The HP and Defense stats allow it to always survive Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch after Stealth Rock if holding a Babiri Berry with no investment. The Attack allows it to have a shot at 2HKOing Chansey with Double-Edge after Stealth Rock without resorting to either an Adamant nature or a boosting item, and run a Mixed set with some effectiveness. The Special Attack ensures that an uninvested Flamethrower will always KO Scizor without Special Defense investment. Finally, everything remaining was dumped into Speed, allowing it to outspeed Alakazam. This mon can do almost anything, but not at once. Well, it can, but you sacrifice normal effectiveness that comes with having a really speedy mixed mon and a great boosting move in Nasty Plot. To reiterate, it is a Fairy that a) Is not checked by CB Scizor, b) can 2HKO Chansey, c) Speed ties Tornadus-T, d) beats Gengar, e) all at the same time.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
New Stats: 101(+56)/115(+15)/129(-6)/65/129(-6)/51(+6)
Movepool Additions: +Bulk Up, +Superpower, Sucker Punch (Egg move), Mega Kick
New Abilities: Pressure / Magic Guard / No Guard (HA)
Justification: This Dusknoir is kind of a weird anomaly. Magic Guard was given as it can go to the "other world" to dodge passive damage. It's also neutral with regards to moral alignment in the games, so no fighting/dark type was given. No guard symbolizes the fact that it can follow its target anywhere. Bulk Up and Superpower were obvious choices simply based on its appearance. While it already learns Sucker Punch, it would be incompatible with its HA as it's a Gen 4 tutor move, so I'm reintroducing it as an egg move.
Niche in OU: Similar to Rotom-W, this spreads burns while scaring Fire-Types away with its strong Ground coverage. 51 speed puts it ahead of a common speed tier. Having Magic Guard encourages direct attacks, which synergizes well with Sucker Punch. No Guard can be used for 100% accurate Will-o-Wisps, and gives it a really strong coverage option in Mega Kick (!), and even Blizzard to hit Landorus-Therian. However, it is incompatible with Dynamic Punch (Thankfully).

New Stats: 63(+3)/99(+39)/79(+19)/113(+8)/105/121(+16)
Movepool Additions: +Aura Sphere, +Moonblast, +Flamethrower, + Ice Beam
New Abilities: Soundproof / Pixilate / Magic Bounce (HA)
Justification: I don't know what GF was specifically thinking of when they made this, it looks like a cross between a banshee and a witch. Everything about this submission may seem weird and unorthodox, but is easily explainable. The Fairy typing comes from the ill-defined nature of witches in modern culture, having switched from a malevolent old hag in medieval times to now a variety of archetypes, and most of the Fair Folk are related to the concept of otherness in folklore, similar to ill-definition. Soundproof comes from its nature as a banshee, as Exploud, a pokemon known for making loud noises, was also given the ability. Aura Sphere and Moonblast are flavor-free options for a Fairy type, while Flamethrower comes from fireballs being the most common type of offensive spell in most fantasy settings, and thus a common choice for magic users. Ice beam rounds out the elemental beams coverage.
Niche in OU: Yes, I have an attraction to weird stat spreads. Trust me, everything makes sense here. The HP and Defense stats allow it to always survive Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch after Stealth Rock if holding a Babiri Berry with no investment. The Attack allows it to have a shot at 2HKOing Chansey with Double-Edge after Stealth Rock without resorting to either an Adamant nature or a boosting item, and run a Mixed set with some effectiveness. The Special Attack ensures that an uninvested Flamethrower will always KO Scizor without Special Defense investment. Finally, everything remaining was dumped into Speed, allowing it to outspeed Alakazam. This mon can do almost anything, but not at once. Well, it can, but you sacrifice normal effectiveness that comes with having a really speedy mixed mon and a great boosting move in Nasty Plot. To reiterate, it is a Fairy that a) Is not checked by CB Scizor, b) can 2HKO Chansey, c) Speed ties Tornadus-T, d) beats Gengar, e) all at the same time.
[/quote
I don't think that you can remove stats. Also, what's with it having that attack stat without having any good STABs. Also, it's a witch, wtiches don't fight physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)