The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Do you know how hard it is to win a ring? Lol. The Sheriff has one in his historic career. Aaron Rodgers has ONE. Drew Brees has ONE. Just because they have a lot of time doesn't mean this opportunity will ever present itself again. I hope the Panthers play like they have all playoffs, and that's with a chip on their shoulder and get a super bowl NOW rather than later.

Do you know how hard it is to win a ring? Lol. The Sheriff has one in his historic career. Aaron Rodgers has ONE. Drew Brees has ONE. Just because they have a lot of time doesn't mean this opportunity will ever present itself again. I hope the Panthers play like they have all playoffs, and that's with a chip on their shoulder and get a super bowl NOW rather than later.
Fair point but if Manning loses another SB, idiots all over the internet would never stop calling him a "choke artist" etc. Either way tho, I hope this isn't a SB 48 repeat

To be fair Elway was a choke artist who lost his first THREE Super Bowls before winning his last 2. Manning's at least 1-2 atm. But yeah like everyone else has said, winning the super bowl isn't easy by any means, you almost need an ungodly amount of talent on both sides and luck in avoiding major injuries.

To be fair Elway was a choke artist who lost his first THREE Super Bowls before winning his last 2. Manning's at least 1-2 atm. But yeah like everyone else has said, winning the super bowl isn't easy by any means, you almost need an ungodly amount of talent on both sides and luck in avoiding major injuries.
tell me the 3 best offensive players elway played with in those losses.

Smiles constantly. Active in multiple charities and community events. Likes to dance. Likes to win. Forced his players to give TD balls to kids.

Super unlikable and shitty person.
sat pantsless on a female college trainer's face when she tried to give him a medical exam

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smiles constantly. Active in multiple charities and community events. Likes to dance. Likes to win. Forced his players to give TD balls to kids.

Super unlikable and shitty person.
Citing his charities is a poor example, because almost every NFL player with a decent salary is involved with charities. Cam Newton is insufferable. I don't mind guys who like to dance, want to win etc but that kind of over the top arrogance turns me off.

Yes you're a Jags fan. Yes Peyton was a long-time Colt. Yes you hate the Colts. Other than that, why would you hate Peyton? The dude's a legend who ,at the time, revolutionized the QB position in an era that was still run oriented. The dude's also a very classy guy. Seriously what is there to hate about Manning that isn't meaningless bias? And don't bring up HGH. We all know that is a bunch of bullshit

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yo why is Cam called arrogant and mums the word on JJ Watt stunting on nerds doing selfie celebrations after sacks. Brett Favre and Tom Brady have "youthful exuberance for the game" when they're out there shouting and jumping and grinning like idiots but Cam's enthusiasm is insufferable.

Idfgi man.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i'll step up to the plate and say i don't like peyton OR cam.

cam just looks too big whenever he's on the field he looks like he was modded in madden to be 1.5x the size of everyone else. it creeps me out. i don't like how his smile looks either. just like how some people have a super punchable face. his isn't really punchable there's just something.. wrong about it. colin k was the #1 example of this lmao just google 'colin kaepernick looks like' and there's like 5 different comparisons.

why tf should i like peyton? you think i care some dude on a different team, in a difference conference even, was really good at qb? he ain't my qb i don't care. same with brady. why tf u think i like some white dude who should be in a retirement home just cause he throws the ball real well. like is that my team he's throwing for? no? then idgaf. if anything he can be attributed to how bogus the defense rules are now to let the pass-happy fantasy-fueled offenses get into EXCITING SHOOTOUTS!!!!!! because a really good defense isn't exciting? also his voice in the state farm commercials is so blah.

like iunno dudes there are some players on other teams i like their play and how they do their position with little showboating but these clowns who aren't on my team, why you think i care cause their homer fanboys spouting they're the GOAT? i don't. i see nothing to like about cam or peyton as not-a-fan-of-their-team. if i watch a football game with not-my-team i honestly don't really watch for SICK QB PLAY i watch hoping for the interceptions and sick defense plays or the running backs to pop off. just not a role i personally care much for. i don't own a wilson jersey either my offense jersey is lynch. baldwin was gonna be my sb50 jersey too RIP the dream of the td goat. tho russell's goose chase shenanigans are fun to watch but again that's my greased-up qb avoiding sacks and i also get annoyed when he holds the ball too long and takes a heavy loss of yards for it.

"muh charities" ok but i can like any of the 50 players on my team who also have charities and community involvement??

jj watt is the same he's in a diff division/conference i don't rly care much about him lol. but like why should i like some other team's success? ?? ??? or the qb "responsible" for it?

iunno i'm here to root for the seahawks (and the jaguars or bengals when i feel so afc-inclined) or mass shenanigans and clown games, not to root for someone else's qb. so yeah i don't like either, there's nothing for me to like about them. cam isn't MY showboater, that's richard sherman. peyton isn't MY legend, that's MARSHAWN LYNCH. brady isn't MY pees-when-he-sits S A D B O I, that's.. well, we don't really have anyone who gets pegged by gisele on the daily.

if you watch football for your own team and players-you-really-like that's cool but don't be surprised when other ppl are like "i dislike p much everyone not on my team and don't rly care" cause i'm hype man for my own squad not someone else's. like NO fools i ain't about some other team's success, i don't like a qb for winning his team games i want every other team to go 0-16. smh.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
His smile just looks incredibly disingenuous, i.e. fake as shit. Insidious even. I hate Cam for his past. I actually like the celebrating, harkens back to the good ol' days before the No Fun League outlawed everything.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yeah but yeti I'm not referring to who people like or I don't like I'm referring to how much people genuinely just can't stand Cam in particular. And it's way disproportionate and always for reasons that are like super inconsistent with anything else (which was the point of my last post) and it always boils down to like "idk theres just something about him that rubs me the wrong way."

maybe you'll understand one day, and i look forward to that day.
:<
Yo he was 18/19 when he did this and he's almost 40. He was immature perhaps but how long has it been since this happened? 20 years. Most NFL players clean up their act if necessary once they get to the NFL(Unfortunately, not Johnny "Football" Manziel) and Manning did. Also, do you really believe he assaulted her? Lmao cam you prove it? What's your next excuse for hating on a legend?

leremyju

Banned deucer.
I don't doubt he is probably top 5 qb ever but I just hate Manning. He complains about shit, shifts blame onto his teammates and is one of the least relatable players in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)