Favorite Comfort Foods?

We all have stressful times in our lives, and one of the easiest ways to relax is to just enjoy a good meal. So, what are your favorite comfort foods? I don't care if it's a dessert or the whole course meal, I just wanna know what foods help you guys keep on going.

For me, it'd have to be any kind of fancy alfredo pasta, In-N-Out Cheeseburgers, Philly Cheesesteaks, chocolate ice cream, and bacon Mac & Cheese(my favorite out of the bunch).

Oh, it's Australian? No wonder I've never heard of it. What is it made of? Based on the pic, I would guess Vanilla ice cream with a peanut butter and chocolate cover with granola on it?
The ice cream part is toffee and vanilla and the outside part is honey cookies. Its actually my favourite ice cream in Australia. When it was imported to New Zealand the bastards renamed it Cookie Crumble I mean come on that ruins half the fun.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Never really understood the concept of comfort foods but that's probably because pretty much all I eat could be considered comfort food LOL. I don't eat when I get stressed, but I do go for a smoke and any of red bull/monster/tea depending on what's available (priority in that order)

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
A Spicy Chicken Burger from this great place near mine, Cheese Burst pizzas, garlic bread, A great chicken lasagne from this other great place near mine, chocolate filled donuts with chocolate icing.

Bumping this to point out at Winco you can buy big chunks of milk or dark chocolate and it doesn't cost that much. It tastes pretty decent and when I'm just a little stressed and working on something I'll cut off a few pieces.

Also, new favorite, these! Easy to make, delicious, and I can't stop eating them. Too bad my braces get the caramel stuck in them sometimes.

Recipe!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
When I'm sad, I'd like to eat some chips. Those usually make me happy again, but not quite always.

I was recently tricked into eating fucking kale chips and discovered I love them, unfortunately (of course) they're ridiculously expensive (because kale or something) so whatever. I've also been known to eat through disgusting amounts of crackers and nothing else during bad times mentally. Unfortunately I'm getting kale chip cravings these days when I'm sad

I typically go for sugar when I'm stressed. Chocolate chip cookies and Tim Tams were recent partners in crime. I also drink a lot of tea during high intensity periods. Sometimes I forget to eat when I'm stressed actually, as Cresselia~~ alluded. It depends on the nature of the stress and if it's distracting/makes me very anxious (anxiety kills my appetite, depression kickstarts it).

Pomegranates and chocolate raisins all day. Problem is that chocolate raisins are unhealthy, and I'm mildly allergic to uncooked/non-pruned fruit, but they're still the most comforting snacks for me.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nothing beats a big slice of chocolate fudge cake when I feel the need to gorge on something. Also I'm a savage when I have biscuits put in front of me.

Also both cream doughnuts and freshly-fried ring doughnuts are addictive. Ring doughnuts with no sugar coating but instead sprinkled with cinnamon is the best thing I have ever eaten.

When I need proper food but still want to comfort eat, my go-to picks are pies, pasties and ramen miso. Specifically, I like steak pies and chicken pies with shortcrust pastry, cornish pasties, steak bakes and thin-sliced beef ramen miso (all really filling and tasty).

I eat when I'm happy
I eat when I'm sad
I eat to celebrate
I eat to comfort

Mostly what I eat is cereal tbh but I eat it on a normal basis anyway, I just eat more of it when I'm stressed or sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)