Variations

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Levitate (Rock Type) does not make Rotom-Fan imune to Stealth Rock, I though I'd mention it in case it is not intentional. (Mountaineer from the CAP-mon 'Syclant' does make him immune to Rock-type damage) The rest seems to work fine though, Latias with Levitate (Dark Type) had a good working immunity to dark moves and my Goodra with Sap Sipper (Ice Type) got an attack buff after being hit by an ice move so those work just fine. :)
EDIT: Pixilate seems to work fine too since an opponent using Hyper Voice on Sylveon did neutral damage to Latias. So good job!
The Stealth Rock damage can be fixed pretty easily. My reasoning against it was that it wasn't the Ground immunity that made Levitators immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, but their ungrounded effect. Anything with any sort of levitating would still be immune to that but act normally with Stealth Rock.
Of course, that's just me. I can put that in if people want it. I'm just worried about "oh why didn't my Volt Absorb (Ground) heal me when I took Spikes damage". If SpartanMalice could address how immunities should act with hazards, that would be great!

Also, thanks :3

The Stealth Rock damage can be fixed pretty easily. My reasoning against it was that it wasn't the Ground immunity that made Levitators immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, but their ungrounded effect. Anything with any sort of levitating would still be immune to that but act normally with Stealth Rock.
Of course, that's just me. I can put that in if people want it. I'm just worried about "oh why didn't my Volt Absorb (Ground) heal me when I took Spikes damage". If SpartanMalice could address how immunities should act with hazards, that would be great!

Also, thanks :3
I understand your reasoning and it does sound logical. The only reason why Stealth Rock might be a bit different from Spikes / Toxic Spikes is that Stealth Rock does type-based damage while the Spikes just do a fixed amount of damage to everyone. But yeah I think we should wait to hear what Spartan thinks since it is his metagame.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Yeah I personally think it should be as how the game intended it to be if there was a rock type absorbing ability, in order to not complicate things. I can see Stealth Rock absorption being a possibility if there's enough demand for it, but I do not want Spikes to have the effect - they aren't type based.

I tried to but there is no-one who wants to play variations with me on pandora :(

EDIT: I played 2 matches and the meta plays out fine, I haven't tried using magnet pull though.

Last edited:
This OM is basically metagamiate + Same Type Stealth Rock + a lot of other stuff changing the original affected type of an ability or move?

That looks great!

In which server is it playable? (if it is)

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Some cool things I thought up while this was in submissions:

w/ Lightning Rod (Ice)
What's that? You wanted to freeze out my giant lizard Christmas tree? Try again! With a near immunity to Boltbeam (Electric is x4 resisted) Mega Sceptile has little to fear from nearly any Water- or Electric-type that relies on Ice for coverage.

w/ Magnet Pull (Fairy/Water/Flying)
Where you going, Clefable? Or Starmie. Or Talonflame. Magnezone can catch and kill a ton of stuff now. Expect it to be a go-to revenger.

w/ Levitate (Fairy/Dragon)
Losing a Ground immunity isn't that big of a deal. What Latios would prefer is an immunity to one of its weaknesses. I picked Fairy or Dragon but Dark sounds reasonable as well. A cool thing about Dragon is it allows Latios to immediately threaten other Dragons with its STAB or just hit anything that comes in hard. Just make sure you trap and remove enemy Fairies with Magnezone first!
Just asking but how do you choose if you want fairy or water magnet pull in team-builder.Because idk how to do that......
(If its something obvious,then a sorry)

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just asking but how do you choose if you want fairy or water magnet pull in team-builder.Because idk how to do that......
(If its something obvious,then a sorry)
Hidden Power Types, which means that normal and fairy types don't work.

Reactions: Mq
I do not know how far you are in coding but a possible solution to include all the types would be assigning them values and using the happiness stat on pokemon to determine type. The main drawback of this system is the potential of losing some of return or frustrations power though if done well it could be mimimal for the two types gained and iv independence.

some pokes that will get significantly better in this meta, but im not really into the ou meta enough to give said ranks or something like that.

Bouffalant
Ability: Sap Sipper (fight) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Return
- superpower/earthquake
- Stone Edge/poison jab

+1 252+ Atk Bouffalant Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 364-430 (94.5 - 111.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Bouffalant Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 508-598 (79.1 - 93.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

With no weaknesses, good bulk on both sides and the ability to either ohko or 2hko almost every wall in the tier after 1 sap sipper boost, bouffalant may be the one normal type wall breaker in OU. though his natural flaws are less glaring they are still apparent, as he is very slow as molasses, is completely crippled by status unless you run facade, faces competition from other physical pokes, and cant do diddly squat to skarmory.

Seismitoad
Ability : water absorb (grass)
Again with no weaknesses (instead being healed by grass) seismitoad with be a much better wall overall as he now has less trouble dealing with ferrothorn and mega venusaur, as well as making people think twice about spamming spore.
But toad still has no reliable recovery besides lefties and switching into grass moves.

Heatran
Ability : flash fire (ground)
basically permanent air balloon, not too much of difference in sets

Please give comments or criticism to this, as this isnt really my strong suit

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Bouffallant does seem useful but niche. Change of roles maybe? If it can't beat Skarmory it's probably better off

Seismitoad seems fine as an alternative to Gastrodon/Quagsire. Better bulk, can't heal though. I suppose it has a decent support role.

Heatran has two viable sets actually as I (think?) noted down in the OP, fighting and ground. This is because there's bound to a lot of mons debating their sets to counter the newly usable sets on mons like Heatran (like Sylveon with its Fighting/Ground ates).

Matt Will, the issue with that system is that the complications that arise from it will likely confuse users and make it even less eligible for OmOTM.

Hmm... Flying levitate gengar makes the hazards stay.
Until it gets KOed. Lati@s, SpD Zapdos, Mega Scizor, and Mew can all deal heavy damage to it on the switch, making it kind of a mediocre Defog blocker for hazard-stacking teams. Starmie also outspeeds and KOs it with Psyshock, so its spinblocking capabilities are kind of moot too.

Hazard-stacking teams would be better off running separate spinblockers and Defogblockers. I don't think there's any one defogblocker that can take on every OU defogger one-on-one, but you could just pick one and cover its weaknesses with a teammate. Flying-immune Mantine counters Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, at the very least, so it could be a good general Flying immunity.

(...)
for Magnet Pull you have
Magnet Pull, Traps Steel Types so they can't Switch Out
Landslide, Traps Rock Types so they can't switch out
Butterfly Net, Traps Bug Types so they can't Switch Out
Infinite Ocean, Traps Water Types so they can Switch Out
Burning Arena, Traps Fire Types so they can't Switch Out
Gale Tornado, Traps Flying Types so they can't Switch Out
Electromagnet, Traps Electric Types so they can't Switch Out
Challenger, Traps Fighting Types so they can't Switch out
Infinite Forest, Traps Grass Types so they can't switch out
Psychikos, Traps Psychic Types so they can't switch out
Sinkhole, Traps Ground Types so they can't Switch Out.
Witching Hour, Traps Ghost Types so they can't Switch out.
Demonic Turmoil, Traps Dark Types so they can't Switch Out
Dragon's Den, Traps Dragon Types so they can't Switch Out
Doorless Room, Traps Fairy Types so they can't Switch Out
(...)
Everything looks okay... but you can't really catch Ghost type, because this type is immune from traping effect.
But when this abillity remove this immunity, that would be fantastic - abillity what counter all ghost types.

EDIT - Now you should see what a abillity I mean.

EDIT 2 - this post inspired me to send question:
some pokes that will get significantly better in this meta, but im not really into the ou meta enough to give said ranks or something like that.

Bouffalant
Ability: Sap Sipper (fight) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Return
- superpower/earthquake
- Stone Edge/poison jab

+1 252+ Atk Bouffalant Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 364-430 (94.5 - 111.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Bouffalant Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 508-598 (79.1 - 93.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

With no weaknesses, good bulk on both sides and the ability to either ohko or 2hko almost every wall in the tier after 1 sap sipper boost, bouffalant may be the one normal type wall breaker in OU. though his natural flaws are less glaring they are still apparent, as he is very slow as molasses, is completely crippled by status unless you run facade, faces competition from other physical pokes, and cant do diddly squat to skarmory.

Seismitoad
Ability : water absorb (grass)
Again with no weaknesses (instead being healed by grass) seismitoad with be a much better wall overall as he now has less trouble dealing with ferrothorn and mega venusaur, as well as making people think twice about spamming spore.
But toad still has no reliable recovery besides lefties and switching into grass moves.

Heatran
Ability : flash fire (ground)
basically permanent air balloon, not too much of difference in sets

Please give comments or criticism to this, as this isnt really my strong suit
What could happen, when, for example, we send against this Bouffalant Ditto with Imposter, and Bouffalant use Superpower?
This Ditto gain the same abillity like Bouffalant, or Dark version of immunity, when IVs will be unchanged (all IVS stay on 31 points).
Because when ditto will copy moveset, and abillity work based on type of this hidden move, in theory this Ditto have no reaosn to not copy also this hidden "fifth" slot.
In IVs this would work like in Hidden Type or Custom Power - Ditto can't copy Hidden Power type from oponent, because this move is based on IVs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)