(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Butting in again, here's a really on-topic one: Mega Stone names

It's just this minor but really bizarre inconsistency with the naming. Metagross - Metagrossite, but Heracross - Heracronite? Medicham - Medichamite, but Houndoom - Houndoominite?

And I guess it's not fair to pull Japanese names in, but really, guess what Gardevoirite is called over there....
Sirknightnite

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

It's just this minor but really bizarre inconsistency with the naming. Metagross - Metagrossite, but Heracross - Heracronite? Medicham - Medichamite, but Houndoom - Houndoominite?

And I guess it's not fair to pull Japanese names in, but really, guess what Gardevoirite is called over there....
Sirknightnite
To add to that they cut Alakazam's to "Alakazite" even though Alakazamite sounds just fine.
Blastoise's is "Blastoisinite" instead of just Blastoisite.
Glalie's somehow became "Glalitite" and not just Glalite.

I would say maybe they're trying to follow the Japanese names but after looking through them that's not really the case either. I'm curious is maybe they're referencing something like a name of a real rock but I have no clue.

Sirknightnite
Eh, the Mega Stone names are all kind of dumb in my opinion, but I suppose they wanted kids to know at a glance who the Mega Stone belonged to. The inconsistent naming scheme doesn't help the ridiculous factor...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
"This isn't even my final form!"

Seriously though, we don't need Pokemon to turn into Dragon Ball.
Pfft, Pokemon copying Dragon Ball? That was so 3 gens ago.

Honestly Mega Meganium and Mega Yanmega may sound a bit silly and redundant but structure-wise there's nothing wrong with them as it's still "Mega (Pokemon's name)". The only problem when it comes to names are with the stones as they do make them into one name and they seem to be inconsistent when it comes to ones that would need work arounds. Also I just though of a few more:

Mr. Mime. So will it be a Mr. Mimite/Mr. Mimenite? Will they drop the "Mr" part are go for Mimite or Mimenite?
Porygon-Z. So will they keep the dash or drop it? Porygonzite doesn't sound bad, though that's not how you pronounce Porygon-Z's name.

I'd also mention Ho-Oh but considering its a Legendary Pokemon it might get some special treatment or at least not a normal Mega Stone that the name would be a problem.

I just saw Korrina in the XY anime on Netflix.

I hate her voice so, so much. It's so annoying and high pitched, not at all how I think it should be. Unfortunately can't find a clip, but it's so horrible....

Aw damnit, I was gonna post that same clip!

What bugs me more than her voice is that Ash spends the lead-up whining about how he can't get his mons in rhythm like Tierno. Maybe because, I dunno, you're not Tierno. So Ash has to learn to be himself for like the 85th time. But that's old-hat for the anime, and the current season has to sell to the young children in front of it, not the young children that were actually young children in Kanto.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Because I wanted a specific one from when they first met, but I couldn't find it and that same clip you showed the one I found was in Japanese.
Well here's the whole episode:

Hi Lisa Ortiz, I see you're using your Amy voice this time. Didn't you already use that for Mars though?

The DexNav. I've been trying for hours to get a HA Clefairy for the Kanto Classic. And for the past 30 minutes, I haven't gotten a single hit for Clefairy when I try. Not a single one. I don't know why, but it is driving me insane!

And no, I don't have a Friend Safari in Y to make this easier. I so wish I did.

The DexNav. I've been trying for hours to get a HA Clefairy for the Kanto Classic. And for the past 30 minutes, I haven't gotten a single hit for Clefairy when I try. Not a single one. I don't know why, but it is driving me insane!

And no, I don't have a Friend Safari in Y to make this easier. I so wish I did.
You would have had it easier in a trade forum or on the freaking GTS dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 44)