Pokkén Tournament

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
We have Pokemon Speak in Super Smash Bros so I don't no why it wouldn't be in this. It is stupid but it's part of the franchise now - it gets exempted under the Grandfather Clause.
Some traditions are good and don't need to change, while some are dumb and need to be dropped. Pokemon Speak is the latter.
(assuming you know what I'm talking about there since you use TVTropes language all the time)
You have no idea how much time I spend there, lol.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Existing amiibo (not just Pokemon, all of them) have been confirmed to function with the game to unlock items. It is not known if this will lead to other amiibo being produced (though I doubt it) or if each amiibo unlocks something specific.

4k hype.

Last edited:
MONANDO CONFIRMED POKKEN

This sounds kind of like the Hyrule Warriors deal to me; and in that same lieu I'd expect the currently existing Pokémon Amiibo - Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo - to unlock something special and specific like how the Link Amiibo specifically unlocked the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors.
And, uh... what I have to ask about this is that Pokken has items? Have I missed something pretty damn big here because I do not remember items being revealed about Pokken before.

Another day of info; another new slew of Support 'Mon!

Cubone uses Bonemerang which is a quick long range attack that hits multiple times and brings opponents to you. Diglett uses Dig which makes it easy to land combos when the opponent has been hit.

Magneton uses Tri Attack which aims upward. It lowers opponents' Speed & Attack and is good against jumping opponents. Quagsire uses Mud Bomb. It is effective on players on the ground and damages even if guarded against.

Espeon uses Morning Sun which removes status conditions as well as healing Hit Points. The less time on the clock, the more it raises. Finally, Umbreon uses Snarl which sucks up the opponent's Resonance Gauge and prevents them being able to land critical hits

What I take away from this is that Critical Hits are confirmed for the game hence Competitive is ruined

The Ferrum League is a feature exclusive to the Wii U version. Beating stages adds more support Pokemon and battle areas. There are four ranks to this league: Green League, Blue League, Red League & Chrome League. It takes place in the Ferrum region. In this region, Resonance Stones link people and their Pokémon. In this game, players can customise their player character's gender, skin colour, hair and so forth.
There are various trainers you will encounter. Nia helps players navigate the world, and she chose Weavile. There are also trainers who exist only in the Wii U version who are tough to beat. Travis with his Garchomp, Keith with his Suicune and Erin with her Braixen

On the bright side, STORY MODE CONFIRMED! I like how there's just this one random ass trainer walking around with a Suicune like it ain't anything special

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
GAH! I was in a middle of making a post! Oh well, guess that's what I get for trying to be fancy. Well I can at least post some more images:

Region Map:

Ferrum League:

Nia:

Travis:

Keith:

Erin:

Not only is there Critical Hits, is this also the first confirmation of Status Conditions?

Also some other new Modes:
Practice Mode: Test your skills with no time limit or health.
Free Training: Allows you to train freely.
Combo Dojo: Teaches you various combos.
My Town: Where you can alter your character's appearance and clothing by spending the in-game currency, PokeGold.

Sounds like there might be some grinding needed for story mode.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
It's been stated that there are no plans for DLC Pokémon or stages.
I'd like to note that doesn't mean they won't in the future, just at the moment everything they have planned will be in the game. I suppose that's nice to hear, we don't have to worry about them leaving out any content they've planned.

So the press got a chance to play Pokken and there are videos on Polygon and Gamexplain and the like if you want to check them out.

More importantly, we got two new bits of information from this.

A new stage:

(which looks really cool, by the way,) and the character select screen:

What's important to note here is that while we already know Shadow Mewtwo is an unlockable character, the absence of regular Mewtwo seems to confirm it's an unlockable character too, (and it's probably going to be left of Chandelure on the CSS.) I also hope we get at least 4 more characters, the roster just isn't going to look right without 'em.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So the press got a chance to play Pokken and there are videos on Polygon and Gamexplain and the like if you want to check them out.

More importantly, we got two new bits of information from this.

A new stage:

(which looks really cool, by the way,) and the character select screen:

What's important to note here is that while we already know Shadow Mewtwo is an unlockable character, the absence of regular Mewtwo seems to confirm it's an unlockable character too, (and it's probably going to be left of Chandelure on the CSS.) I also hope we get at least 4 more characters, the roster just isn't going to look right without 'em.
If they want to make this a popular game, they really have to add more Pokemon than that.
Having just popular Pokemon is not going to interest the fanbase.

GameXplain said that the announcer can be turned off. Thank god, she sucks.
Absolutely, thank God. She doesn't just suck, she ruins the gameplay and makes it seem like it's a five year old playing.

From the character select screen that TheTraininator provided, it seems that there will be four or five more pokémon added to the roster, depending on the inclusion of Mewtwo's base form. With such a limited roster, it really is a shame that they gave two slots to pikachu. They should have just made Libre Pikachu the normal Pikachu's "mega evolution", if they really wanted to include it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Ugh, Nia's English Voice Actor ain't that great, and already some of her repeating dialogue is getting on my nerves.

"Which Pokemon do you want to tag for support. I always just go with my gut."

Not only is it repetitive, it also sounds stilted and with no emphasis. Like grammatically it's correct, but the way its said sounds like she's reading a translation of the Japanese script.

However overall the English version is looking good!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Fennekin and Braixen have always been among the more feminine of the starters, and I remember comments speculating that Fenniken would be the first female dominant starter after Braixen was released. Delphox was the one who took on the more masculine appearance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)