ORAS OU Speed Junkies (Trick Room Offense Peaked 92 on Ladder)

LOL at the size of this. Sorry for that but I can't really fix it D:

Yo what's up guys? This is Darkreaper here with another RMT. I wasn't planning on doing an RMT on this team, but it has been extremely successful in tours, ladders, and friendly fights built with a lot of innovative sets that I am happy to use. I wanted to build around Trick Room as it is extremely rare and I wanted to see if it was good or bad. This team might be good, or I might have been getting on ladder lol but I would love suggestions to improve it.

The team is named after Drugs.... because Trick Room is trippy. Here is a soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream, a favorite movie of mine on Drugs. The soundtrack is pretty awesome and age appropriate so do not worry :]

Ladder Peak Proof

I know 92 on ladder isn't the greatest but it is the highest I have gotten after ladder reset and I am pretty happy considering I was trying out a new playstyle in trick room. My gxe is also pretty underwhelming because when I get haxed I get really salty and throw 50 games or so in a row. What can I say? When i get haxed, it continues over a long period of time and I get really mad. I am human after all.

Teambuilding Process, feel free to take a look.
upload_2015-11-11_19-14-30.png
upload_2015-11-11_19-14-38.png
This is the core I built around. Diancie was my hazard setter and immidiate trick room setter. This was chosen over Bronzong to counter talonflame
upload_2015-11-11_19-19-14.png
This was the second trick room setter. I wanted a fat mon that could provide healing wish or lunar dance.
upload_2015-11-11_19-19-38.png
upload_2015-11-11_19-19-58.png
At this point, I had a lot of Trick Room abusers to choose from but I chose crawdaunt as it checks talonflame in trick room with aqua jet. Hoopa Unbound was basically a given. I went with a special set to have a primary special attacker
upload_2015-11-11_19-15-28.png
I wanted something that could set trick room and late game clean. People said nothing existed like that. That's where I got innovative and made my own set. P2 has much more power than people think with download and insane coverage with Bolt-Beam. If you remove a team's best check to this like keldeo or knock off user. With only 252 HP it can live a crap ton of hits. 252 spa and download to hit a crap ton of hits and beat a lot of teams late game who can't take hits well and can't break this.
upload_2015-11-11_19-15-7.png
Changed Crawdaunt to a Life orb victini to have a way of beating mega scizor and countered clefable both of which just walled me to death otherwise. Had better offensive synergy with Mega Hera and Hoopa unbound. I also changed mega hera from 4 attacks to SD 3-attacks.

Team at a glance:

Since I used sprites here, I'm gonna try and find the coolest pictures of each mon possible in the sets portion, no promises however.

upload_2015-11-11_18-30-26.png

Ohko me if real (Diancie) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm

This Nickname is extremely satisfying, don't ask.
Role: Diancie is first up on the rates as it is in every single battle except some scenarios which I will explain. Diancie serves as the team's Suicide lead. There is not much more that can be explained about it.
How to use: Diancie should be lead in many battles unless the opponent has bird spam. If they have a talonflame alone, then you can afford to let it go down if rocks go up on the opponents side. Talonflame is an issue for the team with power at +2 and priority ignoring the trick room. The threat is minimized if stealth rocks or set or you preserve diancie and lead with cress as a suicide lead. When using this, in most battles, just lead turn 1, set trick room, set rocks, and if Diancie is still alive then, Explode to get a sweeper in without damage.
Set Details: The EV spread is smogon recommended. It lives a +6 Brave bird from talonflame after stealth rocks. This is extremely important keeping diancie a counter for talonflame and neutralizing the biggest threat to trick room. Trick Room is obvious. It must be set every battle for the team to work. Stealth rocks are amazing in this meta as possibly the best move in the game. It gets damage on every pokemon on the enemy team whenever they switch, and does 50% to talonflame, a huge threat. Stealth Rocks usually stay up every battle if you pressure the opponent enough and not give a chance to defog or spin. Explosion is also necessary as the sweepers of the team must get a free switch in without taking any damage except hazards. Diamond Storm is primarily there as mentioned to counter talonflame.

upload_2015-11-11_18-41-2.png

Yellow Magician (Heracross-Mega) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

The nickname was chosen as clefables loved to use Thunder Wave on this for some reason which I call "Yellow Magic"
Role: Mega Heracross is one of the three primary sweeper of the team. All of them are extremely powerful but Mega Heracross has the highest attacking stat with access to swords dance. It Finds itself as more of a wallbreaker in trick room and out of trick room being extremely bulky living neutral hits easily. Swords Dance just adds to this. Mega Heracross does a great job punching holes in opponent teams to open them up to victini, the other physical attacker which is more of a trick room sweeper (more on that later)

How to use: Mega Heracross should be used as a wallbreaker. It lives many hits so you shouldn't be afraid on many pokemon to click Swords dance and then break walls. It hopefully opens up these weakned teams for victini. If mega heracross is also punsishing the opponent without the need of Swords Dancing, you can always lunar dance to it when weakened and punish them some more.

Set Details: This set is to minimize speed and maximize attack to be slower than as many mons as possible under trick room. The funny part is, it is still fast enough to outspeed many walls outside of trick room and breaking them to pieces. When in trick room, these walls mostly cannot hit hard enough to bother mega hera anyways. So to sum it up: Step 1: Click SD, Step 2: Click an attack, Step 3: Profit

upload_2015-11-11_18-51-14.png

Kim Kardashian (Cresselia) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic
- Moonblast

This thing is a fat annoying bastard to the opponent team Just Like Kim Kardashian

Role: Secondary Trick Room setter, and cleric with lunar dance. It also walls physical hits for days. Not much to say, it's main job is to set TR and pass a lunar dance to bring a weakened sweeper back to full minus hazards of course.

How to use: Once the first stage of trick room ends, or a sweeper who threatens your opponent is weakened. Go immediately into this and set 5 more turns of trick room and pass a lunar dance to "use a full restore" on a sweeper who is weakened. It also gets them in for free which all trick room teams absolutely need.

Set Details: This set maximized physical bulk to wall things for days. Provides a good switch into stuff like banded azu but be careful as belly drum azu sets up on cress. Minimize speed to outslow as many mons as possible when trick room is up. Lunar Dance to get momentum and heal a sweeper up to full which as I mentioned already, a full trick room team needs. Psychic is STAB and moonblast is decent coverage. Not meant to hit things hard however, just tank hits, set trick room, and use lunar dance. Mental Herb makes sure that you cannot be taunted.

upload_2015-11-11_18-57-14.png

DED (Victini) @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Final Gambit

DED is an appropriate name cuz all dem mega scizor's and clefables don't stand a chance y'all.

Role: Clefable, mega scizor are extremely annoying to the previous mons. This effectively counters them. If mega hera weakens physically defensive mons, victini just comes in and Sweeps with Trick Room up. V-Create makes it slower and slower, which in trick room is making it "faster".

How to use: Please note that depending on the opponents team, mega hera and Victini can trade places, with victini weakning physical walls for mega hera to sweep. Victini is a better sweeper in trick room as it gets slower with v-create outslowing a lot of stuff, the rest of it's move set provides Bolt Beam coverage and a way to dent an annoying wall. Using U-turn in the last slot has been suggested but I prefer Final Gambit, U turn doesn't hit nearly hard enough to make an impact. Trick Room has a limited amount of turns so running trick room on this allows for an emergency trick room setter if I run out of turns, and final gambit wasn't working well at all.

Set Details: This set maximizes Hp and Attack while lowering speed. There are not 0 speed ivs as HP ice needs a certain EV spread. Glaciate is detrimental however as it lowers opponents speed. V-Create is extremely powerful STAB with 180 BP. Bolt Strike might as well be secondary STAB as it has a great BP and hits water types which v-create cannot. HP ice is chosen as it provides Bolt-Beam coverage and beats common switches that wall both tini and mega hera in Tankchomp and defensive landorus therian. Trick room allows you to have an emergency setter if you need to. Life orb is preferred to be able to switch attacks.

upload_2015-11-11_19-6-58.png

Big Poopa (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Big Papi is Avarice87 and Big Poopa is this monster

Role: This breaks a lot of pokemon, while giving the team a good special monster to abuse in trick room. This breaks a lot of special walls with psyshock for my porygon2 to have fun with the opponent team. I love the porygon2 spread I came up with but I will go into that later.

How to use: Bring Hoopa Unbound in with lunar dance or after explosion or even against a special attack. With 248 HP, Hoopa Unbound can live many neutral special hits with ease. 130 Base Special Defense is insane. The Best way to use hoopa is to break walls and scare the opponent under trick room influence (Get it? Cuz it's like drugs, but with trick room, hence the name of the RMT c:)

Set Details: This maximizes special attack to give me a special wall breaker and hp as speed or attack is not needed. There is not 0 speed ivs as I am using Hidden Power ice. Dark Pulse and psyshock are STAB. With DarkPulse breaking physical walls and psyshock special. Focus Miss is my coverage of choice hitting dark types. Hidden Power Ice hits a lot of the meta and was also optional coverage. The nature increases special attack and lowers speed. Life orb is to give a lot of power behind it's attacks while being able to switch moves.

upload_2015-11-11_19-21-17.png

HEAT (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA/ 4Def
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Some call it shit, I call it Heat

Role: Let me explain this crazy set, I wanted a mon to set trick room and late game clean and this does it like a champ. Sound crazy? Well it's not. With SpA investment, a +SpA nature and almost perfect coverage in Bolt-Beam, this thing hits crazy hard. Unless it's item has been knocked off, most mons cannot 2hko this while getting 2hkod in return unless they are fat blobs which Hoopa Unbound or mega hera take care of

Usage Tips: Never, ever let this get knocked off. Consider knock off a free switch into Mega Heracross which can tank it easily. This serves as a bulky mon that sets trick room and downloads SpA to hit hard. Often times, download gives me a +SpA boost. I agree this is somewhat luck based but p2 still acts as a late game cleaner. It will just take more attacks to win. Consider it a "bulky cleaner".

Set Details: Maximizes HP and SPA with download to get +1 SpA. Trick room is obvious on this team. With it's nature and speed iv's it is as slow as possible. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam form incredible coverage which can rek havok on not bulky mons. Recover is to get health back and continue the havok late game.

Threatlist- Please add on
Belly Drum Azumarill. The 6-0 is real if it sets up on cress. When it is in, never let it get a BD. Unless you know that the Azu is AV or Banded, you must go for an attack to make sure BD does not sweep.
More to come....

Replays, There are a lot with old member crawdaunt and Heracross without SD but the team worked basically the same back then

Importable (Keep the nicknames unless you are offended)
Ohko me if real (Diancie) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm

Yellow Magician (Heracross-Mega) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Big Poopa (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kim Kardashian (Cresselia) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic
- Moonblast

DED (Victini) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick Room

HEAT (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Shoutouts
imsosorrylol For helping build the team and being a cool dude.
Avarice87 Big Papi :] Encouraged me to ladder
FrozenCold My son, I love you
bludz For helping me with team name and being a cool dude
Sonired Also for helping me with team name and being a fren
Team Pokepals Always supportive of my posts and helped with team name
Nedor I can't count how many teams of mine you've helped out with. Thx a lot :D
Rampage095 Bottom 5 ou player
Seventy Thx Not Jamal :oooo bruh
littlelucario Hooked me up with the Weed Small sprites for the team building process
TheGreninjaWarrior21 My fren :]
DeathxShinigami Thx for all the team help, r8s, and all that :D
A I Got TM87 Sorry for forgetting you D:
PikachuCandyツ
PikachuCandy: fuck you
PikachuCandy: not shouting me out
She wants the D ! My Philly Brothaaaa

Thanks everyone for reading the RMT! Hope you enjoyed my Drug Post and leave suggestions to improve the team!

Attachments

Last edited:
Also Porygon is missing 4 EVS which are game changing /s
And I think Unaware Clef can beat Belly Drum Azu fairly well, but you'll have to keep it healthy first
Also I'm not an expert on Trick Room Teams but wouldn't be kinda useful to have one semi-fast mon just in case you can't get trick room up? Maybe Hoopa-U so scizor dosen't destroy it?
BTW: Why is Crawdaunt in the images files lol

Hey there, I like your team! :) I'll get right into the rate.

Since BD Azu (like you said) looks like a huge threat to your team. As your team peaked high on the ladder, I don't know how much I can help, but I can suggest Breloom for your team. Breloom provides a check to Azumarill, both in and out of TR. Aqua Jet can't OHKO, and two Bullet Seed hits plus a Mach Punch KOs it (this is at FULL health, after a BD Azu will be at 75% max), but that depends on the spread that Azu runs. If it runs the 164 Speed spread, then it outspeeds, will probably click Aqua Jet (it thinks Breloom will outspeed it), and you get to fire off a Bullet Seed. Bullet Seed is a guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rocks, so if those are up, Breloom can handle Azu. Breloom is also reasonably slow, so it can function well (enough) under TR.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (2 hits) vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 324-384 (89 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 65-77 (17.8 - 21.1%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 190-224 (72.7 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe / 31 Spe
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Rock Tomb / Swords Dance

Since you ran max speed IV on all your other mons, I thought maybe you would want max speed IV on breloom too. Also I have no idea what to replace this with, you know your team best. If I were to say, though, maybe Victini, although imo you should keep that. Lol, I seriously don't know.

Also, consider changing all the speed IVs on your mons to 0, to make them as slow as possible. If you made their IVs max on purpose, then that's fine too :)

I also agree with Pokemon Trainer VEVO's most recent post, stating that you should probably have a semi-fast mon in case you don't get TR up.

Since you said you didn't know how Download works, I thought why not tell you. Download raises the stat the your opponent has less of, so for example, if your opponent's defense stat is 300 and SpDef stat is 299, then you'll get a SpAtk raise since the SpDef stat is lower. On the other hand, if you opponent's def stat is 299 and SpDef stat is 300, you'll get an attack raise because the defense stat is lower.

Say your opponent has a Calm Mind boost. Here, you'll get an attack raise because their SpDef stat is boosted, and therefore is higher than the def stat. If your opponent has a Bulk Up boost, same deal, you'll get a SpAtk raise because their defense stat is boosted.

Overall, great team, I like the build itself! Grats on your peak and I hope I helped!

Since BD Azu (like you said) looks like a huge threat to your team. As your team peaked high on the ladder, I don't know how much I can help, but I can suggest Breloom for your team. Breloom provides a check to Azumarill, both in and out of TR. Aqua Jet can't OHKO, and two Bullet Seed hits plus a Mach Punch KOs it (this is at FULL health, after a BD Azu will be at 75% max), but that depends on the spread that Azu runs. If it runs the 164 Speed spread, then it outspeeds, will probably click Aqua Jet (it thinks Breloom will outspeed it), and you get to fire off a Bullet Seed. Bullet Seed is a guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rocks, so if those are up, Breloom can handle Azu. Breloom is also reasonably slow, so it can function well (enough) under TR.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Since you ran max speed IV on all your other mons, I thought maybe you would want max speed IV on breloom too. Also I have no idea what to replace this with, you know your team best. If I were to say, though, maybe Victini, although imo you should keep that. Lol, I seriously don't know.

Also, consider changing all the speed IVs on your mons to 0, to make them as slow as possible. If you made their IVs max on purpose, then that's fine too :)

I also agree with Pokemon Trainer VEVO's most recent post, stating that you should probably have a semi-fast mon in case you don't get TR up.

Since you said you didn't know how Download works, I thought why not tell you. Download raises the stat the your opponent has less of, so for example, if your opponent's defense stat is 300 and SpDef stat is 299, then you'll get a SpAtk raise since the SpDef stat is lower. On the other hand, if you opponent's def stat is 299 and SpDef stat is 300, you'll get an attack raise because the defense stat is lower.

Say your opponent has a Calm Mind boost. Here, you'll get an attack raise because their SpDef stat is boosted, and therefore is higher than the def stat. If your opponent has a Bulk Up boost, same deal, you'll get a SpAtk raise because their defense stat is boosted.

Overall, great team, I like the build itself! Grats on your peak and I hope I helped!
I'll definently make sure to try out breloom. It seems to be a solution. However, I don't know what I would replace to get loom on. Victini handles clefable and mega scizor which are threats otherwise. Hoopa Unbound provides a special wallbreaker and Mega Heracross acts as an overall more powerful threat than this loom. I will try it out though and see what I result with. Thanks for the rate!

Nice team, maybe I will test it, btw download raises spa if your oponent has less spd than def, otherwise it will raises attack, I suggest you to use brick break over final gambit in order to hit tyranitar, energy ball can work too for that annoying ground/water types

Also Porygon is missing 4 EVS which are game changing /s
And I think Unaware Clef can beat Belly Drum Azu fairly well, but you'll have to keep it healthy first
Also I'm not an expert on Trick Room Teams but wouldn't be kinda useful to have one semi-fast mon just in case you can't get trick room up? Maybe Hoopa-U so scizor dosen't destroy it?
BTW: Why is Crawdaunt in the images files lol
Daunt used to be in the team and it is in the team building process so I think that's why it's in the files. Also Unaware clef seems like a good suggestion but it gets rid of a wallbreaker or a trick room setter which I do not like. I feel like the azu threat can be handled if I just don't let it setup on me. the only mon it sets up on is cress which I can try not to let happen. Also, I wanted to have a bulky mon that can act as a cleaner once my mons break trick room. The thing is, cress is very hard to 2hko and same with diancie so i basically have 8 turns to break crap with my wallbreakers and then try to win with p2 or just the breakers right there. If I put enough pressure on the opponent I don't need a semi-fast mon. It's very hard to fit on this build D:. Thank you for the rate!

Nice team, maybe I will test it, btw download raises spa if your oponent has less spd than def, otherwise it will raises attack, I suggest you to use brick break over final gambit in order to hit tyranitar, energy ball can work too for that annoying ground/water types
I like that suggestion as I used to have brick break before. I will try out energy ball but I love the momentum that final gambit gives which trick room teams need in my opinions. Thanks!

Al

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Also I cannot change Victini's and Hoopa U's IV's to 0 as that messes up hidden power ice.

I know we built the team together, but if it's really that weak to B Drum Azu, we can try Dragalge over Victini, since it still beats Clef, while also checking Azu and can run HP Fire for Scizor.

Last edited:
I know we built the team together, but if it's really that weak to B Drum Azu, we can try Dragalge over Victini, since it still beats Clef, while also checking Azu and can run HP Fire so Scizor.
Im pretty sure offensive mega scizor like Ohko's at +2 with BP. and mega scizor is a more common threat than the BD set. I usually see banded. As Long as I don't let it setup, I should be good. :D

What about Moonlight on hover duck? Lunar Dance is nice and all but with TR up, a self heal just makes the wall SO much stronger. Even a Thunder Wave because when you are walling you dont want to throw up TR, would be really nice to keep her up with a little sustain.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What about Moonlight on hover duck? Lunar Dance is nice and all but with TR up, a self heal just makes the wall SO much stronger. Even a Thunder Wave because when you are walling you dont want to throw up TR, would be really nice to keep her up with a little sustain.
Lunar Dance is a vital tool on TR Cress because it allows you to grab momentum after setting up Trick Room, giving something a free switch-in and also allowing for a complete reset on said teammate (including restoring Wii Creates :]). This is something that Trick Room desparately needs, because momentum isn't easy to grab when your team needs a turn to set up a field condition with when you consider that everything is taking a hit before it can move when it is down. Also, Cresselia is basically a free T-tar switch-in, which makes Moonlight heal a measly 25%. Therefore, it isn't ideal at all.

edit: one suggestion I have for the team is at least trying Ice Beam>Moonblast because it allows you to deal huge damage to Landorus-T, which is a big threat to Mega Heracross. P2 is an obvious beam, so having a backup way of taking it down is always nice.

Nice Trick Room team, I myself have been playing one recently - got it into the 1600s and I'm looking to re-ladder and hopefully get it into the 1700s. If I manage it I'll post it up.

For BD Azu, what I'd suggest based on my own experiences is replacing Psychic on Cresselia with Magic Coat and changing the Mental Herb for a Red Card - or just change to Red Card and take your risks with Taunt/Encore. I would keep Moonblast, even though it's not a STAB, as it's just too useful against the likes of Mega Sableye, who is a huge pain for TR teams.

Taunters are damn obvious most of the time, so if you went the Magic Coat route prediction is easy on all but things that really threaten you (e.g. things like Gengar) where you're probably best taking your chances. Red Card is a safety net which protects you from not just Azu (who, if you have something out like Victini, is 100% going Aqua Jet - which even after SR and with a critical hit isn't close to taking Cressilia down on the switch) but from sub setters and any other set up user who has got out of hand and wants to ruin your day. Red Card is also either neutral or beneficial in the face of VoltTurn, as if they VoltTurn and get phazed bring out a counter they would have done that anyway, if it's anything else then it's pretty much handing you the momentum. Azu is pretty much only a one time set up kinda guy, so once you've forced him out the problem isn't going to re-occur (plus then, you're in the know anyway).

Last edited:
Lunar Dance is a vital tool on TR Cress because it allows you to grab momentum after setting up Trick Room, giving something a free switch-in and also allowing for a complete reset on said teammate (including restoring Wii Creates :]). This is something that Trick Room desparately needs, because momentum isn't easy to grab when your team needs a turn to set up a field condition with when you consider that everything is taking a hit before it can move when it is down. Also, Cresselia is basically a free T-tar switch-in, which makes Moonlight heal a measly 25%. Therefore, it isn't ideal at all.

edit: one suggestion I have for the team is at least trying Ice Beam>Moonblast because it allows you to deal huge damage to Landorus-T, which is a big threat to Mega Heracross. P2 is an obvious beam, so having a backup way of taking it down is always nice.
I can def see ice beam working. Moonblast is really never used so i'm gonna try it out. Thx for suggestion

Dank. Nb man. On this kind of team id honestly consider running maybe trick room on victini. it gives you a emergency tr setter and honestly final gambit victini is really unreliable. Id also recommend Flame plate>lo on victini in that case. Allows you to bluff Band and you dont take recoil. Thats really i can think of off the bat. if i figure anything else out ill let you know on ps.

Just had another thought about this team, you could run Glaciate instead of Hidden Power Ice on Victini as it's perfectly accurate with Victory Star. Though it does cause speed drops, there's probably not too many situations where that's a problem - and the extra base power is worth it.

Hey, I have an idea for your Victini. What about using Trick Room on it instead of Final Gambit? You can also try to use Will-O-Wisp for the obvious Garchomp, Lando-T switch in so MHeracross has an easier time cleaning up.

Cool TR team, im using this set, its crazy how victini is UU but is the STAR of the team, thats why you shoulnt put trick room on it. Instead, Hoopa can use trick room reliably specially with help of its bulk. Another point i have to make is how Fairies decimate you if the STAR dies.. because you dont have super effective move in him for fairies. I want to suggest using this set

(Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb/Expert belt
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Gunkshot helps for fairy and also Psychic can do more damage to physicaly bulky pokemon.

Now that I've posted up my own TR team (see here) and got off the stupid Red Card idea I had earlier, I have some more suggestions.

Depending on how much you like Lunar Dance (which is pretty neat) you could trade Cresselia for the Dusclops set I had on my team:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Memento
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Eviolite Dusclops boasts ever so slightly greater bulk than Cresselia, and I found Memento to be a far more effective means of providing set-up opportunities and forcing switches then Lunar Dance ever provides. I also don't think the attacking moves on Cresselia are going to make much of a dint for you to suffer running a pokemon with no attack moves like Dusclops, and to be honest mid-game Taunt users a rarity at best which is when I'd advise using Dusclops. I understand if you prefer the one off recovery that Lunar Dance provides, but I would advise giving Dusclops a bit of a go and seeing what you feel.

On Victini, I would change to:

Victini @ Iron Ball
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- Work Up

Iron Ball Victini is crazy slow, even slower than Slowbro and Azumarill, which catches people off-guard. While it may seem weird to run so much SpAtk just for one move, it reliably lets you get through TankChomp on the switch and at the +1 (87.5% to OHKO, 100% with rocks) and destroys Lando - however obviously use less SpA as desired. Work Up seems more reliable to me than Final Gambit, as the latter really requires you to judge a switch perfectly or suffer the consequences - Work Up gives you as solid option to unlock Band level power on V-Create which is pretty frightening and doesn't give the Life Orb recoil. This is the Victini set I would be running on my team, if Victini had been a good fit on the team - which it was for a time, just not good enough.

Last edited:
Really nice team! Actually I might have battled you(or your team) before, I was deeply impressed at that time.
The only change I have made is Cresslia. Personally, I'd prefer light clay with reflect :)

Now that I've posted up my own TR team (see here) and got off the stupid Red Card idea I had earlier, I have some more suggestions.

Depending on how much you like Lunar Dance (which is pretty neat) you could trade Cresselia for the Dusclops set I had on my team:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Memento
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Eviolite Dusclops boasts ever so slightly greater bulk than Cresselia, and I found Memento to be a far more effective means of providing set-up opportunities and forcing switches then Lunar Dance ever provides. I also don't think the attacking moves on Cresselia are going to make much of a dint for you to suffer running a pokemon with no attack moves like Dusclops, and to be honest mid-game Taunt users a rarity at best which is when I'd advise using Dusclops. I understand if you prefer the one off recovery that Lunar Dance provides, but I would advise giving Dusclops a bit of a go and seeing what you feel.

On Victini, I would change to:

Victini @ Iron Ball
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- Work Up

Iron Ball Victini is crazy slow, even slower than Slowbro and Azumarill, which catches people off-guard. While it may seem weird to run so much SpAtk just for one move, it reliably lets you get through TankChomp on the switch and at the +1 (87.5% to OHKO, 100% with rocks) and destroys Lando - however obviously use less SpA as desired. Work Up seems more reliable to me than Final Gambit, as the latter really requires you to judge a switch perfectly or suffer the consequences - Work Up gives you as solid option to unlock Band level power on V-Create which is pretty frightening and doesn't give the Life Orb recoil. This is the Victini set I would be running on my team, if Victini had been a good fit on the team - which it was for a time, just not good enough.
Dusclops is, simply put, unviable in OU. While it may look appealing due to its high bulk, it's actually not all that great. Memento, while it is nice, doesn't provide as great support as Lunar Dance, as the opponent can simply switch out, negating the stat nerf. Dusclops is also crazy weak to Knock Off and other Dark spam, which is very common in OU. If Dusclops survives Knock Off, then it loses its item, meaning it loses its bulk. Dusclops also does not have reliable recovery.

Iron Ball Victini is kinda creative, but I don't think the spread is optimal, because it's a waste of bulk. Glaciate, as the OP mentioned, is counterproductive, as it lowers the opponents speed, meaning they can outslow Victini in Trick Room.

Really nice team! Actually I might have battled you(or your team) before, I was deeply impressed at that time.
The only change I have made is Cresslia. Personally, I'd prefer light clay with reflect :)
Screens are not very viable in the current meta, due to how situational it is. If Cresselia runs Light Clay with Reflect, she becomes Taunt Bait, as Mental Herb protects Cresselia from Taunt once, allowing her to set up Trick Room, at the very least.

Also, as for my suggestion, if I recall correctly, there's a second set of HP Ice IVs you can use: 31/31/31/31/31/even. Said even number can be 0, minimizing Victini's speed so it can outslow other threats in Trick Room. It also gives a little more power to Victini.

Dusclops is, simply put, unviable in OU. While it may look appealing due to its high bulk, it's actually not all that great. Memento, while it is nice, doesn't provide as great support as Lunar Dance, as the opponent can simply switch out, negating the stat nerf. Dusclops is also crazy weak to Knock Off and other Dark spam, which is very common in OU. If Dusclops survives Knock Off, then it loses its item, meaning it loses its bulk. Dusclops also does not have reliable recovery.
Well I made a higher rated Trick Room team than this one with that Dusclops, likely the best OU Trick Room team of this generation (see my sig). But thanks for the tip, next time I'll remember "it's not viable" in OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)