Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
So how would I go about getting one? Is it still by Streetpass? (not that I really understand that in the first place... lol)
If someone who has the Eon Ticket streetpasses you then you'll get the Eon Ticket. For example I got my Eon Ticket while I was at the airport and someone streetpassed it to me. Alternatively you could try to set up a Homepass relay and get the Eon Ticket that way.

Edit: Once you get the event you have to check the news in your app and it should say you can receive the Eon Ticket. Then you go to talk to Norman

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
If someone who has the Eon Ticket streetpasses you then you'll get the Eon Ticket. For example I got my Eon Ticket while I was at the airport and someone streetpassed it to me. Alternatively you could try to set up a Homepass relay and get the Eon Ticket that way.

Edit: Once you get the event you have to check the news in your app and it should say you can receive the Eon Ticket. Then you go to talk to Norman
Can I get it from Streetpass over the internet?

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
Can I get it from Streetpass over the internet?
Unfortunately no, you can't get the Eon Ticket through Spotpass, it has to be passed to you via local wireless. You can circumvent this with Homepass but you'd have to set up a Homepass Relay first

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Unfortunately no, you can't get the Eon Ticket through Spotpass, it has to be passed to you via local wireless. You can circumvent this with Homepass but you'd have to set up a Homepass Relay first
Ah alright. Thanks, I will give that a try. If not, I will be back here asking for a Soul Dew xD

I am looking for a

Jolly
31/31/30+/x/30+/31
Hasty
31/31/30+/31/30+/31
Timid
31/x/30+/31/30+/31

I can offer the following uncloned selfbred

Nature: Modest
Ball: Dream Ball
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Ability: Static
EM: Screech, Agility, Electric Terrain, Eerie Impulse

Nature: Adamant
Ball: Heal Ball
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Ability: Mold Breaker
EM: Iron Head, Curse, Hammer Arm, Crunch

Nature: Impish
Ball: Dusk Ball
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Ability: Steadfast
EM: Defog

Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Overgrow
EM: Leaf Storm

If there is something else you are looking for, just ask me. I might have it.

Question: When going for a shiny legendary in Black 2 (say, Uxie), the seed requires I have a lead with Cute Charm and 50% F. Since Uxie is genderless, is it possible to get a shiny Uxie using that seed without the cute charm requirement?

I have a question, since I'm very newish to know how the trading works. How is determinable the Pokemon value? I presume regular Pokemon and bad IV legendaries have the lowest tier. But I wonder how does it work with shinys that aren't competitive material, and what's the top value (but I suppose it is something like shiny legendaries with crazy IVs) I ask this because I would like to know what to pursuit, if shinys, competitive Pokemon or both (altho I don't know how to get competitive shinys).

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Question: When going for a shiny legendary in Black 2 (say, Uxie), the seed requires I have a lead with Cute Charm and 50% F. Since Uxie is genderless, is it possible to get a shiny Uxie using that seed without the cute charm requirement?
You're going to want a different seed for Uxie.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I have a question, since I'm very newish to know how the trading works. How is determinable the Pokemon value? I presume regular Pokemon and bad IV legendaries have the lowest tier. But I wonder how does it work with shinys that aren't competitive material, and what's the top value (but I suppose it is something like shiny legendaries with crazy IVs) I ask this because I would like to know what to pursuit, if shinys, competitive Pokemon or both (altho I don't know how to get competitive shinys).
Lowest tier = breeding spitbacks. No one will trade for bad IV legendaries so I am not even sure if it is worth giving them a tier... lol

So it would probably be like this : Perfect IV Shiny Legend (basically impossible though) > Perfect IV event / Perfect IV regular legend > Perfect IV shiny breed > Perfect IV regular breed > Spitbacks > everything else.

EDIT : Keep in mind this is only for 6th gen, other generations stuff can be a little different.

EDIT 2 : Also competitive value is rarely a measure of "trade worth" if that makes sense. For example most people wouldn't charge more for a perfect IV Groudon rather than a perfect IV Mesprit. They are usually worth the same, the thing is that most people just won't trade for the Mesprit :P

Lowest tier = breeding spitbacks. No one will trade for bad IV legendaries so I am not even sure if it is worth giving them a tier... lol

So it would probably be like this : Perfect IV Shiny Legend (basically impossible though) > Perfect IV event / Perfect IV regular legend > Perfect IV shiny breed > Perfect IV regular breed > Spitbacks > everything else.

EDIT : Keep in mind this is only for 6th gen, other generations stuff can be a little different.

EDIT 2 : Also competitive value is rarely a measure of "trade worth" if that makes sense. For example most people wouldn't charge more for a perfect IV Groudon rather than a perfect IV Mesprit. They are usually worth the same, the thing is that most people just won't trade for the Mesprit :P
And there is a reliable method to get shiny Pokemon? I know Masuda method and fishing, but I've only got two regular pokemon shiny Pokemon by fishing and it took lots of time, and I see a lot of people here having crazy tons of Pokemon with perfect IV and shinys.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
And there is a reliable method to get shiny Pokemon? I know Masuda method and fishing, but I've only got two regular pokemon shiny Pokemon by fishing and it took lots of time, and I see a lot of people here having crazy tons of Pokemon with perfect IV and shinys.
Oh yea, it is called TSV hatching! Check out this : https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/wiki/quickstart

Also RNG in past generations makes it easy enough to get perfect IV shinies.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Sounds crazy easy. Now I see why. But if I get it right, you need to have homebrew on your 3DS in order to use either method? Since I don't have powersave nor homebrew, I suppose there's no way to determine my TSV?
That's true, but that is why there is this thread : http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...l-f-for-the-tsv-with-the-format-0000.3526643/

You can request someone to check your TSV and the ESV of your eggs. And by "someone" I mean it is basically a shiny finder 1 man mission in that thread :P

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Thank you for all the answers. I still don't get why shinys are so valuable, but I can see the effort it takes to have them, and that's a good thing.
Well even though it sounds easy, you still need to get around ~6 flawless eggs to have one match someones TSV. So in that regard, they are definitely worth more. When it comes to RNG, you have to play through a whole new file to get a new shiny spread. If you don't value shinies that much, then you just don't trade for shinies, simple as that xD

Well even though it sounds easy, you still need to get around ~6 flawless eggs to have one match someones TSV. So in that regard, they are definitely worth more. When it comes to RNG, you have to play through a whole new file to get a new shiny spread. If you don't value shinies that much, then you just don't trade for shinies, simple as that xD
No, I understand, I didn't mean to be degoratory. I see how many hard work it takes to get them, so they're very valuable. Even I got excited the first time I got my shiny. It's just that I'm not really used to want them, because I never thought it would be in my possibilities.

I'm going for a shiny Mesprit. My target frame is 226, and my starting frame is 53. First time around, I advanced the frames by 172 (I assumed there was an encounter frame), and I was incorrect. Second time around, I advanced the frames by 173 (which should have been right), but that gave me a non shiny Mesprit as well. All of my Chatot cries where correct. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I'm going for a shiny Mesprit. My target frame is 226, and my starting frame is 53. First time around, I advanced the frames by 172 (I assumed there was an encounter frame), and I was incorrect. Second time around, I advanced the frames by 173 (which should have been right), but that gave me a non shiny Mesprit as well. All of my Chatot cries where correct. Am I missing something?
If this happens, you need to check exactly what frame you ARE hitting. Otherwise it is hard to know exactly what the issue is.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Probably some npc screwing you outside the screen. Currently at work so can't check it. :p

If this happens, you need to check exactly what frame you ARE hitting. Otherwise it is hard to know exactly what the issue is.
I think I see what my issue was. While doing Chatot pitches, I noticed the frame jumped ahead by one without manual advancement. I'll chalk it up to the frame advancing due to the DS clock also advancing a minute. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter, since this time I followed the pitches in RNG Reporter (instead of counting to 173) and landed on my shiny Mesprit.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I think I see what my issue was. While doing Chatot pitches, I noticed the frame jumped ahead by one without manual advancement. I'll chalk it up to the frame advancing due to the DS clock also advancing a minute. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter, since this time I followed the pitches in RNG Reporter (instead of counting to 173) and landed on my shiny Mesprit.
Yea, that is the way to go :) I think just relying on manually counting is a bad idea, I never do it in HG/SS for example. I count until around 10-15 before my target, then use pitches / Elm calls / whatever to make sure I am actually at the right place.

Congrats on the successful RNG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)