ORAS OU Speed Junkies (Trick Room Offense Peaked 92 on Ladder)

Well I made a higher rated Trick Room team than this one with that Dusclops, likely the best OU Trick Room team of this generation (see my sig). But thanks for the tip, next time I'll remember "it's not viable" in OU.
Last time I checked ladder ranking means nothing lol. People got to 1700's with shit like larvesta, but that doesn't mean it's viable.

Last edited:
Last time I checked ladder ranking means nothing lol. People got to 1700's with shit like larvesta, but that doesn't mean it's viable.
It's also higher ladder. If we don't judge teams on score or ladder ranking what do we judge them by? I'm pretty sure my GXE on that account was also 80 or higher at its peak (which I've been told boils down to on average I have a 4/5 chance of beating any player I play), currently it's 79 - go /ladder Kerghan, I'm not screen-shooting it for your amusement.

Bottom line, it's perfectly viable. It has the same bulk as Porygon2 and more bulk than Cresselia while being a lot more of a nuisance (personally I find Porygon2 and Cresselia lack a bit of power to go with it's high defenses for my liking so I like pure set up, but as Darkreaper215 seems more on the bulky offense side of Trick Room than the hyper offense which I favoured arguably at least Porygon2 suits his team better - however as Dusclops would provide a fantastic transition into Mega Heracross as well as spreading burns with ease it's probably worth testing in the Cresselia spot).

In terms of the Knock Off weakness (which is equally applicable to Porygon2 which loads of Trick Room teams use and has the same bulk), it can take all relevant OU unboosted Knock Offs to set Trick Room and then underspeed and burn/memento on the second turn to provide a seemless transition to something willing to take advantage of the Trick Room turns. Its bulk, without recovery, is more than enough to allow you to set Trick Room multiple times (especially towards the end of the match, when you can go for a sack to bring something strong in to leave Dusclops to set TR again right at the end of the match) - and further you can just run Pain Split in place of Toxic, which with Dusclops' horrible HP stat (it's defensive bulk comes from it's sky high defense scores, not from high HP like you have with something like Wobbuffet) would be great recovery. Point is, I never saw the need to run recovery because it's defenses are good enough in the first place for multiple TR setting.

Viridi, who made the disparaging comment to begin with, afterwards PMed me to say he looked at my team and said it was a viable set - just that it might not fit on Darkreaper215's team, which could be the case but I still think he should give it a shot. It offers different advantages to Cresselia, which through play-testing have potential to suit his team better (as I mentioned, being a bonafide lead into the power house that is Mega Heracross - which Lunar Dance switching does not provide to the same extent at all).

You fundamentally do not know what you are talking about, and seem blinded by the arbitrary tier rankings Smogon ascribes to pokemon rather than using your own judgement to tell you what is viable for a certain team archetype.

Last edited:
It's also higher ladder. If we don't judge teams on score or ladder ranking what do we judge them by? I'm pretty sure my GXE on that account was also 80 or higher at its peak (which I've been told boils down to on average I have a 4/5 chance of beating any player I play), currently it's 79 - go /ladder Kerghan, I'm not screen-shooting it for your amusement.

Bottom line, it's perfectly viable. It has the same bulk as Porygon2 and more bulk than Cresselia while being a lot more of a nuisance (personally I find Porygon2 and Cresselia lack a bit of power to go with it's high defenses for my liking so I like pure set up, but as Darkreaper215 seems more on the bulky offense side of Trick Room than the hyper offense which I favoured arguably at least Porygon2 suits his team better - however as Dusclops would provide a fantastic transition into Mega Heracross as well as spreading burns with ease it's probably worth testing in the Cresselia spot).

In terms of the Knock Off weakness (which is equally applicable to Porygon2 which loads of Trick Room teams use and has the same bulk), it can take all relevant OU unboosted Knock Offs to set Trick Room and then underspeed and burn/memento on the second turn to provide a seemless transition to something willing to take advantage of the Trick Room turns. Its bulk, without recovery, is more than enough to allow you to set Trick Room multiple times (especially towards the end of the match, when you can go for a sack to bring something strong in to leave Dusclops to set TR again right at the end of the match) - and further you can just run Pain Split in place of Toxic, which with Dusclops' horrible HP stat (it's defensive bulk comes from it's sky high defense scores, not from high HP like you have with something like Wobbuffet) would be great recovery. Point is, I never saw the need to run recovery because it's defenses are good enough in the first place for multiple TR setting.

Viridi, who made the disparaging comment to begin with, afterwards PMed me to say he looked at my team and said it was a viable set - just that it might not fit on Darkreaper215's team, which could be the case but I still think he should give it a shot. It offers different advantages to Cresselia, which through play-testing have potential to suit his team better (as I mentioned, being a bonafide lead into the power house that is Mega Heracross - which Lunar Dance switching does not provide to the same extent at all).

You fundamentally do not know what you are talking about, and seem blinded by the arbitrary tier rankings Smogon ascribes to pokemon rather than using your own judgement to tell you what is viable for a certain team archetype.
LOL, what do you mean. I peaked 1860 with a misdreavus, but that doesn't mean its viable. You don't base a mon's viability off of how high you got with it on ladder lmao. That is where your whole arguement just falls apart. Also 1700s is not high ladder, and 80 gxe is also bad so thats an extremely poor arguement

In the Trick Room context, I'd say it's perfectly viable - which is what we're discussing here. In other contexts, sure it's not viable, but we're not discussing other contexts here are we?

I remember playing this team on the ladder! I was surprised how well it performed as I usually underestimate Trick Room teams. Needless to say, you won in a solid game.

The argument that Dusclops is less viable than Cresselia because it is crazy weak to Knock Off and Dark attacks is pretty moot haha, both are weak to Knock Off. I would test out Dusclops because perhaps Memento would be more useful than Lunar Dance. Maybe you do not switch mons out a lot and sack them often, therefore you may not have a Pokemon that requires healing, whereas Memento could be very useful in forcing a switch and setting up SD Heracross. Plus Will-O-Wisp will make Azumarill think twice about smacking its fat belly.

IThe argument that Dusclops is less viable than Cresselia because it is crazy weak to Knock Off and Dark attacks is pretty moot haha, both are weak to Knock Off.
Thank god, someone with a brain between their ears.

I would test out Dusclops because perhaps Memento would be more useful than Lunar Dance. Maybe you do not switch mons out a lot and sack them often, therefore you may not have a Pokemon that requires healing, whereas Memento could be very useful in forcing a switch and setting up SD Heracross. Plus Will-O-Wisp will make Azumarill think twice about smacking its fat belly.
I completely, it may not be a good fit for the team - but I certainly think it's worth the test. Cress is a nice defensive mon, whereas Dusclops applies the defensive pressure, both provide the free switch.

Thank god, someone with a brain between their ears.

I completely, it may not be a good fit for the team - but I certainly think it's worth the test. Cress is a nice defensive mon, whereas Dusclops applies the defensive pressure, both provide the free switch.
You do realize you don't have to be an asshole whenever someone disagrees with you lol

So saying "LOL" and "lmao" all the time, implying I'm pretty much a joke to you, is polite?

Take this to PMs if you want to take it any further, it's derailing the thread.

Dank. Nb man. On this kind of team id honestly consider running maybe trick room on victini. it gives you a emergency tr setter and honestly final gambit victini is really unreliable. Id also recommend Flame plate>lo on victini in that case. Allows you to bluff Band and you dont take recoil. Thats really i can think of off the bat. if i figure anything else out ill let you know on ps.
Honestly man I didn't see this until now as I didn't get a notification. This change was very easy to put in as I never clicked final gambit. Thanks a lot man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)