Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

This is a nice offensive core where Doublade effectively defeats Fairies for Absol that annoy it while Absol, while packing Play Rough, allows it to snipe Hydreigon and other Dragons with SE Coverage towards Doublade which it really hates. Together they overload checks so one of them can eventually get through and clean / sweep.

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

I looked at my teams with mega absol and I just realized that, even though it's becoming more and more rare, it's pretty easy to find teammates for him

Sets
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Explanation:
So, basically the best checks for Absol mega in the tier are things that can outspeed and kill it, and things that can take it's attacks and retaliate, such as Machamp (av champ lives a play rough), whims, fat croak, etc. Crobat can come into those and ohko them. With u-turn, Crobat can bring Absol safely into some of it's checks and hit them hard with knock off, and it can carry play rough to deal with Hydreigon and other dark types. Running superpower over play rough to deal with Cobalion, Lucario and porygon2/porygon-z better is also a option.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Absol and Gardevoir are two sides of the same coin. They both protect people, one through light and the other through Darkness. They both look awesome. They both have a lot of artwork that really SHOULD NOT exist. With that, they come across as a perfect match for each other, just a girl and her dog, right? Well, there it is; a girl who happens to be capable of opening black holes to protect her, and her fairy attack dog who happens to predict natural disasters and has everybody terrified of it because nobody knows when it’ll show up.

The cool thing about these two is that in a way, they handle each other’s checks. Outside of Hydreigon, Absol can’t touch most dragons, and Faeries annoy it since Superpower and Dark Coverage. On the other hand, Gardevoir hates steel types, and other fast megas that outrun her and her scarf. So the option here is simple; Sic ‘em, boy. Absol handles the fast threats with priority, and Garde handles the other ones with impunity, also having time to throw her dog a bone and heal him up for a last-ditch effort to sweep teams if it comes down to it.

Did I mention she’s a magician? She can steal an object from under something’s nose and replace it with her scarf, sometimes crippling a wall. Just never do it to a Florges. She’ll fashion you to death.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Druddidon (Druddigon) @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Outrage
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Gunk Shot

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Druddigon is one of my favorite thing to pair with Absol. This core is pretty explanatory, honestly. Druddigon is basically the only thing that can beat every pokemon that absol has trouble to deal with. Roseli Berry paired with Gunk Shot Sheer Force allows it to lure fairy really nicely as Flamethrower beats most steel types and straight up OHKOs Forretress. It can also set up rocks which is always fantastic for any team and STAB Outrage can also weaken most of the bulky waters. With Druddigon's support Absol can ruin pretty much everything thanks to it's impressive power. Superpower is my favorite option at the moment but you may also run Play Rough, Baton Pass, Pursuit, whatever that fits your team. I'm a huge fan of Absol since the xy time, and i'm glad to see it getting some more interest recently, thanks to new UU mons that lose to it. At +2 it basically has the potential to ruin most of the teams, and I think Druddidon is one of the (if not the) best thing to use alongside absol. Hope you enjoy, guys. Oh, and s/o to kokoloko for the druddigon set. (He posted it right after the last SPL if I remember correctly)

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So with 7 votes, Sacri's uniqueness shone through to take home the win this week, so congratulations to him!

This week, with me starting a tournament based off of this thread, I decided to put this project on hiatus as it feels weird running a tournament that thrives off this thread's archive while expanding said archive (meaning the tournament is ever changing). I discussed this with a couple people who backed me up (shoutout to Shiba particularly) so I hope King UU and dodmen and the TLs are ok with this hiatus as the tour itself shouldn't run too terribly long and this project will be up and running once the finals are in session for the tour (since by then winners wouldn't effect the tour lol).

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So with 7 votes, Sacri's uniqueness shone through to take home the win this week, so congratulations to him!

This week, with me starting a tournament based off of this thread, I decided to put this project on hiatus as it feels weird running a tournament that thrives off this thread's archive while expanding said archive (meaning the tournament is ever changing). I discussed this with a couple people who backed me up (shoutout to Shiba particularly) so I hope King UU and dodmen and the TLs are ok with this hiatus as the tour itself shouldn't run too terribly long and this project will be up and running once the finals are in session for the tour (since by then winners wouldn't effect the tour lol).
No we're incredibly disappointed with your variety of UU commitments and cannot tolerate this level of contribution and support for the UU community. Yeah I think I speak for everyone when I say how dare you for being great.

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Pretty common hazard core that works well on offensive teams. Sky Plate Crobat is the best kind of Crobat that offers itself as a sponge towards a few of Krookodile's downfalls and offers Hazard Control in the form of Defog. Dread Plate Krookodile offers support through being a nice Stealth Rock setter and taking on Psychic and Electric-types that trouble Crobat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)