Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I know Ditto is Emerald exclusive, but if you want to RNG wild Pokemon in 3rd gen, Ruby and Sapphire is by far the easiest.
Why is that, exactly?

It's been a while since I've done it, but I've had some luck using the in-battle frame skipping to switch wild methods in Emerald. Depending on the spread you could also try different frames/lead abilities.

Basically enter a battle so every other frame is skipped > savestate so you can reload and press A to immediately flee > wait different #s of frames in battle before fleeing.

One last thing I would like to say: Make savestates often, there's nothing worse than waiting for the RNG to advance, only to notice it advanced too far and your last savestate was 10,000,000 frames ago.
Thanks. Unfortunately, Hardy flawless already necessitates a Hardy sync lead to be able to get a Ditto since the default encounter slot is a Whismur.
But thanks, I'll keep that trick in mind.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Why is that, exactly?
Because the seed is based on the time a game is started (down to the minute), so on an emulator you can just change the time of the live battery by making it the same as your computer time. So you can literally hit any 16 bit seed with ridiculous ease, and only have to wait a few thousand frames for your spread. Plus TID / SID abuse is easy as well. So basically if you want anything that isn't Emerald exclusive, it is far better to do it on R/S

Because the seed is based on the time a game is started (down to the minute), so on an emulator you can just change the time of the live battery by making it the same as your computer time. So you can literally hit any 16 bit seed with ridiculous ease, and only have to wait a few thousand frames for your spread. Plus TID / SID abuse is easy as well. So basically if you want anything that isn't Emerald exclusive, it is far better to do it on R/S
Hmm, shame Mew and Deoxys are exclusive to Emerald/FRLG then.

I've had an issue with IV RNG breeding in Pokemon Ruby via VBA-RR. None of the eggs that I hatch match the PIDs in RNG Reporter. This type of problem doesn't happen in Emerald.

I don't know why this occurs, but I'd like to figure out what the issue is, because R/S egg IV inheritance system is much more consistent than Emerald. As a result, it would make IV breeding easier if I figured out the problem.

Thanks.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Maybe a silly question, but I probably can't use Cute Charm to get myself a Shiny Beldum in Platinum, right? The spread I have on that game isn't really useful for Metagross and I don't really feel like going through Platinum again, so I might try it this way.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe a silly question, but I probably can't use Cute Charm to get myself a Shiny Beldum in Platinum, right? The spread I have on that game isn't really useful for Metagross and I don't really feel like going through Platinum again, so I might try it this way.
Nope.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
How do people find out about good spreads for all the different methods?
Gen 4 IV -> PID and Seed (or something) in RNG Reporter. Put in IVs and Nature, and it will give you a PID, Seed and Method (the seed isn't that important for 3rd gen). If it doesn't find anything, change an IV. If you want encounter slots as well, then you will literally have to run through all the ~4.2 billion combinations of the RNG and export it to text.

So it's as I feared, the Ditto on frame 176,562,485 (with Hardy sync) generates by H-4 rather than H-2. Any way to remedy that or will I have to try again for another spread?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
So it's as I feared, the Ditto on frame 176,562,485 (with Hardy sync) generates by H-4 rather than H-2. Any way to remedy that or will I have to try again for another spread?
Did you try Darkray's method of running away from another battle on different frames? He said that had a bit of success. Otherwise there is no way that I know of :\

Did you try Darkray's method of running away from another battle on different frames? He said that had a bit of success. Otherwise there is no way that I know of :\
I tried twice and it kept going for the H-4.
Man, I'm bummed about this. I don't even know when the next flawless spread is and how long that'll take.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I tried twice and it kept going for the H-4.
Man, I'm bummed about this. I don't even know when the next flawless spread is and how long that'll take.
Twice isn't really a good enough indicator. I would try running away and then RNGing on at LEAST 5 different frames.

Apart from that, I don't really have much to say except for welcome to the life of a 3rd gen RNG'er xD people think it is easy because the resulting Pokemon is always flawless, but they don't see what goes on behind the scenes ;)

Twice isn't really a good enough indicator. I would try running away and then RNGing on at LEAST 5 different frames.

Apart from that, I don't really have much to say except for welcome to the life of a 3rd gen RNG'er xD people think it is easy because the resulting Pokemon is always flawless, but they don't see what goes on behind the scenes ;)
This! So very much this. Method 1 is easy enough, but wild RNG (in RSE AND FRLG) can just die in a fire. I've had to reRNG spreads so often just to get certain Pokemon with the right IVs. Hell, I had a beautiful Adamant spread that worked for like 10 encounter slots (which is HUGE!) and for a total of maybe 25ish opportunities to generate a 5iv spread, but it would always fail when going for surfing of fishing encounters and it would usually switch from H-2 to H-4 somewhere around the middle of streak (if that makes any sense). What's more, I was missing Adamant Horsea and Wailmer (fishing encounters) so I went to Sapphire and RNG'd them there. And lo and behold, H-2 AND H-1 both failed, so I had to RNG Sapphire a third time to get a spread that generated these two (it doesn't help that RuSa have less encounter slot options to begin with because of the lack of Synchronize).

So yeah, trying twice is definitely not enough. But as Skymin said, even that doesn't even mean anything. I've had to redo the Naive hex flawless twice (different frames) to find the Pokemon I was looking for with the correct stats. :/

RNGing in gen 5 is easy. RNGing in gen 4 is easy for most cases (except maybe PokéRadar, but that's more trial and error and just teh maths than anything else). RNGing in gen 3 is NOT easy.

This! So very much this. Method 1 is easy enough, but wild RNG (in RSE AND FRLG) can just die in a fire. I've had to reRNG spreads so often just to get certain Pokemon with the right IVs. Hell, I had a beautiful Adamant spread that worked for like 10 encounter slots (which is HUGE!) and for a total of maybe 25ish opportunities to generate a 5iv spread, but it would always fail when going for surfing of fishing encounters and it would usually switch from H-2 to H-4 somewhere around the middle of streak (if that makes any sense). What's more, I was missing Adamant Horsea and Wailmer (fishing encounters) so I went to Sapphire and RNG'd them there. And lo and behold, H-2 AND H-1 both failed, so I had to RNG Sapphire a third time to get a spread that generated these two (it doesn't help that RuSa have less encounter slot options to begin with because of the lack of Synchronize).

So yeah, trying twice is definitely not enough. But as Skymin said, even that doesn't even mean anything. I've had to redo the Naive hex flawless twice (different frames) to find the Pokemon I was looking for with the correct stats. :/

RNGing in gen 5 is easy. RNGing in gen 4 is easy for most cases (except maybe PokéRadar, but that's more trial and error and just teh maths than anything else). RNGing in gen 3 is NOT easy.
Hmm, I'll try again.
Also, does Emerald (JP) follow the same spreads?

Buckert

Is there any way to RNG abuse Beldum in Pokémon Platinum? I have the swarm now on Route 228, but there's a sandstorm.. Any options?

Is there any way to RNG abuse Beldum in Pokémon Platinum? I have the swarm now on Route 228, but there's a sandstorm.. Any options?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think sandstorm will not affect the RNG process. I abused a Pokeradar Vibrava in Diamond, on Route 228 (there's always sandstorm there), and I didn't have trouble with the weather

Buckert

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think sandstorm will not affect the RNG process. I abused a Pokeradar Vibrava in Diamond, on Route 228 (there's always sandstorm there), and I didn't have trouble with the weather
Don't I need to use Sweet Scent to make Beldum appear? Or is it possible to do so with Pokéradar?

Buckert

It should if Beldum is your daily Swarm Pokémon. The Pokéradar line in that link refers to Pokéradar exclusive Pokémon (e. g. Bagon)
Cool, thank you very much for your replies. Haven't done Pokéradar abuse yet, so that'll be new too haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)