Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious what this means for Pokémon bank. Clearly you'll be able to take Pokémon from Gen 6 (and Gen 1...) to Gen 7 but will new Pokémon be bankable at all? I would assume not since I can't see gamefreak giving people the opportunity to attempt it.

I'm really curious what this means for Pokémon bank. Clearly you'll be able to take Pokémon from Gen 6 (and Gen 1...) to Gen 7 but will new Pokémon be bankable at all? I would assume not since I can't see gamefreak giving people the opportunity to attempt it.
You can transfer a Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent from ORAS to Bank with no problem; you just can't withdraw it in XY. The same would be done here.

First we think it's pokemon Z, then it's pokemon rainbow and now it's pokemon moon and sun, is GF really swapping through names I'm confused. Is this happening? What about the Zygyarde game? Sigh...GF will never make the perfect pokemon game in my eyes...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Some people over at Serebii's forums think the new region will be based off of Hawaii. Unlike the other guesses people have been throwing out, there's some decent evidence for this:
  • The Strange Souvenir resembles a tiki head and is said to be from a land far away. Tiki head is self-explanatory, while Hawaii and France are practically on opposite ends of the Earth from each other.
  • The license plates in the concept art we saw have a rainbow design, just like those found in Hawaii.
  • The fire trucks in the concept art are yellow, like in Hawaii.
  • Some other stuff I can't remeber that Psynergy will probably bring up after he reads this.
I won't be completely surprised if it's not true since GF are unpredictable motherfuckers, but it's a better theory than "Poké-England because reasons".

Last edited:
Some people over at Serebii's forums think the new region will be based off of Hawaii. Unlike the other guesses people have been throwing out, there's some decent evidence for this:
  • The Strange Souvenir resembles a tiki head and is said to be from a land far away. Hawaii and France are practically on opposite ends of the Earth.
  • The license plates in the concept art we saw have a rainbow design, just like those found in Hawaii.
I won't be completely surprised if it's not true since GF are unpredictable motherfuckers, but it's a better theory than "Poke-England because reasons".
Totally looking into this more than I should, but Ocean Pattern Vivillon is from Hawaii too, and was received in the trailer. If the part with the Solrock and Lunatone are anything to go by, this could be a prediction. Nothing more than a prediction though. We only know the barest minimum right now.

Seeing as RBY is on the digital console and can communicate directly through Pokébank with Sun & Moon, I assume this will just be on the 3DS. There's nothing to fear. At least, so far...

The NX commentary doesn't really make sense. Game Freak likes to release games after the new generation handheld console already has a substantial game library, and they always see the end of that console's life.

Plus even if they weren't gonna follow that trend, SM's just more likely to be a 3DS game. We don't know how the NX is supposed to utilize handheld functionality, let alone if you can even access your Pokemon Bank on it.

Not to mention, yeah, part of the press release was saying that they will be on the 3DS

Does anyone have a list of all the rby only moves for pokemon? Not really much I can think of to make this not a one liner but this is hype lol, let's hope it's a better meta than oras.

• The Strange Souvenir resembles a tiki head and is said to be from a land far away. Tiki head is self-explanatory, while Hawaii and France are practically on opposite ends of the Earth from each other.
  • Some other stuff I can't remeber that Psynergy will probably bring up after he reads this.
I won't be completely surprised if it's not true since GF are unpredictable motherfuckers, but it's a better theory than "Poké-England because reasons".
These are fair points but I don't see how different geographically speaking the new games would be from ORAS...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
These are fair points but I don't see how different geographically speaking the new games would be from ORAS...
Yeah, I just realized that a few minutes ago. The best way they could differentiate is to focus more on the culture and add more water.

Oh well. I still think it was worth sharing.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It is a little bit of a concern that the few SM things we saw in the video were clearly only taken shortly after the conceptual stage. I hope it was filmed ages ago, because the idea that they only started two or so months ago scares the shit outta me.
As someone who works in the games industry at a company that churns out annual sports games, a year is only barely enough time to take your existing game, add a couple new features, debug it for a few months, then spend a few months waiting for certification (getting it approved by console manufacturers that it meets their standards and requirements) and publishing (making the actual cartridges). It'd be enough time to take XY, add in some stuff for Z and repackage and sell it, but not nearly enough time for a new generation.

Manufacturers also tend to be a lot busier around october-december because of christmas, so that adds even more time.

There's no way they're only starting this now.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyway, let's talk consoles. Mid-generation console-hopping is bad business, so: do they feel the 3DS has the lifespan to fit two entire generations (remember, we need a third version/sequels/remakes), or has the NX been delayed for some reason?
Gen 5 was released well into the DS's later lifespan, and by the time Black and White 1 were released, the 3DS was just getting started on the market. The DS already had a successor by the time Gen 5 was released and it was still on the DS. The DS was very slowly losing momentum by that time, and BW2 was basically the DS's twilight release before it was discontinued for good. And also, I seriously don't understand you people about the NX. Nintendo never said they were gonna release it in 2015: that's incredibly stupid considering that's very little time after the 3DS and Wii U hit the scene, and both Nintendo and fellow developers need time to develop software (and in the former's case, the hardware) for it. They only said that they were developing it back in March 2015. That's it. They said they'll give an update about it this year maybe (such as, say, a prototype) at some time. Never did they said that it would release in 2015 or even 2016 for that matter. I might expect it at 2017 at the earliest (since the average console lives around 5-6 years: NES and Wii got away with 6 since they were so successful, while the SNES, N64, and GameCube all lived for 5 years, so the Wii U would likely do the same), but there is no mention of NX being delayed since it's quite clear it was never intended to be released around this early in the first place.

Back on topic, perhaps Gen 7 is a bit like Gen 2, with it being essentially a Gen 6: the Sequel or Gen 6: Enhanced, that improves upon the previous gen games, and also expands on XY's story in its own way unlike RS and DP did. Zygarde could be in it, since it does have the red and blue shown in Sun and Moon's logos, and its two Cells have a red and a blue spot on them, respectively, as seen in the XY&Z anime. If Zygarde is really going to see the light in Gen 7 instead of Gen 6, then maybe it's true that Game Freak and Nintendo are trying to pay homage to the original old-school days, kind of like how Gold and Silver were essentially sequels to Red and Blue, and Gen 2 was a sequel to Gen 1 as a whole: so maybe Gen 7 is like the same to Gen 6. The 3DS does seem to be trying to pay homage to old-school classics from the original Nintendo consoles (X and Y themselves brought back a lot of Kanto mons and such and just paid so much homage to it), and on a side note, the same could really be said about, say, the Mario and Zelda franchises (3D Land and NSMB 2 are pretty reminiscent of SMB3 and Super Mario World, and Link Between Worlds feels a lot like Link to the Past on SNES). That aside, if there is one thing I'm ready for, I think I'm looking forward to new Pokemon here and hoping that Zygarde along with maybe Xern and Yveltal can see the light here.

This should be interesting. I think I should be looking forward to what Game Freak has to offer, even if it's such a strange twist now from the norm. Then again, I guess Game Freak did say they were trying new things from Gen 5 onwards, and so wanted to give Gen 6 an interesting twist.

Oh and I'm kind of wondering what the starters will be, or even the cover legends for that matter (if we do see new ones, maybe they're related to Gen 6's legends?). This also means if we see the same patterns of Pokemon, we'll see a new rodent, a bird, a bug or two, two fossil Pokemon, and a pseudo-legendary Pokemon like the other gens.

If Sun & Moon are actually based on the UK, it would be interesting if the Kalos War was fought between "France"/Kalos and the possibly new UK region. They have a closely-linked history and rivalry in real life. I cannot remember if the Kalos War was a war between two countries or a civil war though.

I also wonder if we will ever learn more about the Lumiose Ghost Girl. She left a major impact on my XY playthrough experience, even if she was only there for a brief moment.

Finally, I appreciate how the creators emphasised the connection between people from everywhere in the world through Pokemon. This is one of the aspects of the gaming series that I like the most.

As someone who works in the games industry at a company that churns out annual sports games, a year is only barely enough time to take your existing game, add a couple new features, debug it for a few months, then spend a few months waiting for certification (getting it approved by console manufacturers that it meets their standards and requirements) and publishing (making the actual cartridges). It'd be enough time to take XY, add in some stuff for Z and repackage and sell it, but not nearly enough time for a new generation.

Manufacturers also tend to be a lot busier around october-december because of christmas, so that adds even more time.

There's no way they're only starting this now.
Plus there was the fact that it was confirmed that a new Pokemon design takes anywhere from 3 months to half a year to come up with...

...so at the minimum, wouldn't they have to have been working on this project for 3 months? Probably longer considering Magearna is a Mythical.

Anyways, based on the logo for Pokemon Moon and the obvious connotations that go with that title, I have a theory that the mascot legend for it is going to be a bat, (maybe 2 Dark/Flying mascot legends in a row?), although I am stumped as to what the mascot for Pokemon Sun is going to be.

They would have been working on Sun/Moon around the time XY was released if not earlier; a company as big and popular as GF and TPCi doesn't wait until the last minute to start working on things like this. The idea they started working on it as early as is being stated is insane.

They would have been working on Sun/Moon around the time XY was released if not earlier; a company as big and popular as GF and TPCi doesn't wait until the last minute to start working on things like this. The idea they started working on it as early as is being stated is insane.
Oh I totally agree, I'm just saying that it has to have been at the very least 3 months due to the existence of Magearna, though it was almost undoubtedly an endeavor years in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)